Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After (77097 Views)

20 Years After: The Best Reunion Photo Ever / Rmd,gideon Okeke,mike Ezurounye,taiwo Ajai-lycett Others At The Grudge Premiere / Husband Stunned As ‘dead’ Wife Is Spotted On Tv Show Two Years After He Buried H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Baroba(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
omonla10:
One of the greatest newscasters we'll ever know

No Doubt
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by 8BitGee(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
RIP. Tokunbo Ajayi was really cool. Aisha Kantung too. There was an NTA (channel 7) in Tejuosho, yaba, then. I believe she used to be there before moving to Abuja. They broadcasted mainly in Yoruba, except for the English news.

Back then on NTA, Tokunbo, Aisha, Ruth Benamesia-Opia and Cyril on network news. Frank Olize and Abike Dabiri on newsline. Modele Sarafa-Yusuf, Fabio Lanipekun, Walter Oyatogun on Sports. Cele Eradire was a correspondent.

There was a lovely musical programme on NTA then anchored by OC Lee. I learnt he died too.

Good old days.

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by naptu2: 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ishilove:

So I heard o. So it was true? cry

Armed robbers invaded her house at night. The matter was reported to the police. The police later caught the robbers and they confessed that they carried out the robbery and raped someone while they were in the house (the police were surprised because only the robbery was reported to them). Tokunboh Ajai was later found dead in her flat in London.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
shizzle11:
miss doubtee, she was raped by a multitude of men, NOT one one.

At least some of us don grow small dat time, so we being hear the scores cheesy
This is what truly happened.

naptu2:

Armed robbers invaded her house at night. The matter was reported to the police. The police later caught the robbers and they confessed that they carried out the robbery and raped someone while they were in the house (the police were surprised because only the robbery was reported to them). Tokunboh Ajai was later found dead in her flat in London.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by veekid(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
happney65:
People like omolola15 can never ever know her cos he does not listen to the news until Social Media came..She was one of the best we ever had.It was a shocking news that nite when i saw it on NTA News..I broke the news to my Dad..It was the first Sad News i broke.The other two where the assassination of Chief Bola Ige and the Bombing of the World Trade centre..May She rest in Peace..
Story time; BTW who ask u all these

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Lighthouseman: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Rest in peace tokombo ajayi.
Her voice was captivating.
She was a broadcaster during the dark days of Nigeria just like we have now...
They had to do the dirty jobs of dishing out propaganda to the masses through the one and only station available then. Most of us watched her on black and white television.
Journalism now an all comes affair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by josite: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
really and easily one of the greatest presenters of all time.may the good lord continue to comfort her brother.prof wale ajai and her mum who was 80 last year.and the lord bless the person who deem it fit to bring her into memory.we will see evil no more.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by anonimi: 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
shizzle11:
miss doubtee, she was raped by a multitude of men, NOT one one.

At least some of us don grow small dat time, so we being hear the scores cheesy

You obviously think it is something to laugh about or even worse to be proud of.
What manner of depravity and bestiality only worthy of wild animals. Any man with such primordial disposition needs to be castrated slowly and in the most painful manner. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2281909_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by anonimi: 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
veekid:
Story time; BTW who ask u all these

Na me ask am.
If you don't like history and stories, how you want take learn?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by veekid(m): 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
anonimi:

Na me ask am.
If you don't like history and stories, how you want take learn?

Who is this?
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by omolola15(m): 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
happney65:
People like omolola15 can never ever know her cos he does not listen to the news until Social Media came..She was one of the best we ever had.It was a shocking news that nite when i saw it on NTA News..I broke the news to my Dad..It was the first Sad News i broke.The other two where the assassination of Chief Bola Ige and the Bombing of the World Trade centre..May She rest in Peace..

You are my friend and I respect that a lot. And when we have different opinions on issues. We should argue maturely. You got to stop quoting me on every thread and repeating the same thing. Please stop it cos it's getting annoying and i don't want to lose my calm. When I raise a point and you don't agree with it. Tell me why. Stop quotinge on every thread and saying this rubbish you are always saying. Na when your papa get money buy TV self. So thinking I have to depend on the social media Era is mumuish of you.

When we don dey watch big dish and multichoice, you'll have to wait till 4pm in front of your TV watching the lines and that annoying sound expecting nta to start transmission. No just let me talk biko. Use your brain for what it's meant for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by happney65: 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
omolola15:

You are my friend and I respect that a lot. And when we have different opinions on issues. We should argue maturely. You got to stop quoting me on every thread and repeating the same thing. Please stop it cos it's getting annoying and i don't want to lose my calm. When I raise a point and you don't agree with it. Tell me why. Stop quotinge on every thread and saying this rubbish you are always saying. Na when your papa get money buy TV self. So thinking I have to depend on the social media Era is mumuish of you.

When we don dey watch big dish and multichoice, you'll have to wait till 4pm in front of your TV watching the lines and that annoying sound expecting nta to start transmission. No just let me talk biko. Use your brain for what it's meant for.

You don vex...Ahahahahahahahahahah...You go soon deactivate your NL Account sef...Oya no vex...Pele Akanji..Sha bring meat tommorow... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by BABANGBALI: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
A friend tolded me that she was rapped and that maded her to committed suicide,she kills herself and deaded
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by cckris: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ije004:
'I'm Tokunbo Ajayi, and Im Cyril Stober'.........memories.[color=][/color]
It was said she committed suicide after being raped at her home by a notorious robber/serial rapist in Abuja. The man was nabbed sometime later.

The man no get name

[size=20pt]It's difficult to believe that a world-class professional would take her life because she was raped. And in Nigeria where there're numerous friends & relatives, especially lovers with whom to discuss such trauma.[/size]

Abeg make Una talk wetin happen to the woman, & forget tales by moonlight.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by anonimi: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
cckris:
The man no get name

It's difficult to believe that a world-class professional would take her life because she was raped. And in Nigeria where there're numerous friends & relatives, especially lovers with whom to discuss such trauma.

Abeg make Una talk wetin happen to the woman, & forget tales by moonlight.

How many of your friends, relatives and lovers have you comforted after their rape trauma?
How many?
You speak as if you do not know there is a big STIGMA on rape victims in our country.
Abeg swerve o jare.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/mxojg3z35cwnvf06fhhv018xbr4e6vdw1328026[/img]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by ovavuhassan(m): 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
hmmm! shey died when I was barely five years......... did she actually committed suicide?

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by juman(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hmmm. Tokunbo ajayi.

Remembering how we used to believe that nigeria go better. But nigeria refused to be a better country.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by manikspears: 12:14am On Sep 14, 2016
3DCYCLOPS:
cry Ma we miss you

RIP

naija is now worse than you left it

A bag of rice now sells for #22,000

exchange rate is now 1$ = #425

1litre of petrol is now #145

Ma we have handed our country to a Man who seems not to know what he's doing...A man who promised us change but now is telling us to change ourselves before we see the real change

the only thing that is as yhu left it is our Police and Nepa...

sleep on Ma...for Naija is now a Living Hell

Looooool, shey you want make she wake up and get heart attack from her grave Ni? Which kind scary story you dey tell so? Stoooop it!! !!!!
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by nnamdiosu(m): 12:43am On Sep 14, 2016
cescky:
Too bad ,

That was a fine lady that pic doesn't do justice to her true looks and beauty .
I think she was alleged to have poisoned her self ....

Rip

True. She committed suicide jusybdays after she was robbed and raped in abuja. I'm soul still grieves for her. If only she didnt commit sucide...... *mourns deeply
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by nnamdiosu(m): 12:46am On Sep 14, 2016
ovavuhassan:
hmmm! shey died when I was barely five years.........
did she actually committed suicide?

Yes...after being raped and robbed abuja. I remember the Sunday after she died. Her colleagues couldn't even do their job. They were crying softly on screen. Take commercials over and over again. ...its well
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by nnamdiosu(m): 12:51am On Sep 14, 2016
onuwaje:
Tokunbo Ajayi
NTA NEWS!

RIP

Kia...u just made me remember those lines....painful now.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by mikolo80: 1:06am On Sep 14, 2016
Ije004:
'I'm Tokunbo Ajayi, and Im Cyril Stober'.........memories.
It was said she committed suicide after being raped at her home by a notorious robber/serial rapist in Abuja. The man was nabbed sometime later.
atoh I think say Na only. Me sabi
This one come de lie say na London she kpai
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by BCJAY(f): 7:08am On Sep 14, 2016
Good evening welcome to the news at 9 i am Tokunbo Ajayi and i am Cyril Stober
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by adedayoa2(f): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2016
8BitGee:
RIP. Tokunbo Ajayi was really cool. Aisha Kantung too. There was an NTA (channel 7) in Tejuosho, yaba, then. I believe she used to be there before moving to Abuja. They broadcasted mainly in Yoruba, except for the English news.

Back then on NTA, Tokunbo, Aisha, Ruth Benamesia-Opia and Cyril on network news. Frank Olize and Abike Dabiri on newsline. Modele Sarafa-Yusuf, Fabio Lanipekun, Walter Oyatogun on Sports. Cele Eradire was a correspondent.

There was a lovely musical programme on NTA then anchored by OC Lee. I learnt he died too.

Good old days.
yeah Aisha Katung later got married and the Eucharia Abu then this man ooooooo. Kalu Otisi. Modele Sharafa Yussuff was just into he sport thing, I guess she wasthe first woman sport caster in Nigeria,I stand to be corrected though. I wish we could go back to those days, childhood was fun in festac
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by 8BitGee(m): 8:05am On Sep 14, 2016
adedayoa2:
yeah Aisha Katung later got married and the Eucharia Abu then this man ooooooo. Kalu Otisi. Modele Sharafa Yussuff was just into he sport thing, I guess she wasthe first woman sport caster in Nigeria,I stand to be corrected though. I wish we could go back to those days, childhood was fun in festac

Yes Aisha became Bello. Eugenia Abu.

Surulere is the best side tongue
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Sall(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2016
I could still remember her alongside syril stoner .may she continue to rest in peace. The story cyclelating back then at ABUJA that she was been attacked at her home and rape by armed robbers then was flown abroad was is fresh .
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Sall(m): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2016
The government decide to cover the story since they could not find the arm robbers and who hurt that innocent woman.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by adedayoa2(f): 8:55am On Sep 14, 2016
8BitGee:

Yes Aisha became Bello. Eugenia Abu.

Surulere is the best side tongue
yeah Eugenia, Surulere ke, Festac chilren were posh then o
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by obaaderemi: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
moscobabs:
so this woman don die? I thought she retired may hersoul rest in peace
Died in 2000.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by obaaderemi: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
moscobabs:
so this woman don die? I thought she retired may hersoul rest in peace
Died in 2000
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by curvilicious: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
onuwaje:
Tokunbo Ajayi
NTA NEWS!

RIP

Onuwaje abeg I need your help on the ttc thread. The meaning of Amaba and oleh in your dialect.
Abeg no vex. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija 2019 Grand Finale And Winner Announcement (Live Updates) / Efe Poses With His N25m BBNaija Prize (Photos) / Bbnaija: Pere Sacks White Money From The Kitchen (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.