Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After (77126 Views)

20 Years After: The Best Reunion Photo Ever / Rmd,gideon Okeke,mike Ezurounye,taiwo Ajai-lycett Others At The Grudge Premiere / Husband Stunned As ‘dead’ Wife Is Spotted On Tv Show Two Years After He Buried H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Sweetcollins: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
papazizii:
I ɖօռ't know her oº°˚˚˚°º‎o cry

No vex o
How many decades are you?

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Btruth: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
If you remember this woman, you probably have major responsibilities now
...yes oooo. serious responsibility my dear. grin
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Strongbest(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
Good names don't die.

Have you been here before: www.nairaland.com/1798724/ ?

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Electroweb(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
RIP. Your legacy lives on...
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by pyyxxaro: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
WalkerMichael:
He is dead but his manhood lives on.
RIP a great man
19's kids would never know you then...

HE ?? Which Manhood again

Ogbeni fear this God o

Who remembers # Frank Olize #
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Cletus77(m): 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
cryas i no know, ma pretend as if i do....... Oh great newscaster....am heart broken as i remember, a friend and an advisor....oh u brought up dis news again?[color=
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by macminista(m): 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
WalkerMichael:
RIP a great man
..re u on oshogbo weed? Manhood?? Great man ...u sure u even who she is

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by LorDBolton(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
WalkerMichael:
RIP a great man

U dat is an oldie...how come u think say na man?

When it's a woman!

NL and useless fake impostors

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by cckris: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
[size=20pt]Can't anyone mention her Nigerian lover? Many versions are still circulating.
[/size]
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by sportman117: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
papazizii:
I ɖօռ't know her oº°˚˚˚°º‎o cry

You must be from Indomie generation than, Naijabet man say so
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by airsaylongcon: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
pyyxxaro:

Ogbeni fear this God o

Frank was the pioneer presenter of Newsline I believe

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by dadabashua1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
omonla10:
One of the greatest newscasters we'll ever know
100 percent true... God this woman was extremely good and gifted back then... RIP.... what a lost to Nigeria.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by doublewisdom: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ije004:
'I'm Tokunbo Ajayi, and Im Cyril Stober'.........memories.
It was said she committed suicide after being raped at her home by a notorious robber/serial rapist in Abuja. The man was nabbed sometime later.
Very saddening. I had a major crush on her. May her soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by doublewisdom: 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2016
pyyxxaro:

Ogbeni fear this God o

And Funmi Coker.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by damimola(m): 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
I remember this Lady very well,one beautiful newscaster. Gone re the days when NTA2 channel starts by 4pm with national anthem and the rainbow colour screen. You hear a deep voice like
''Goodafternoon this is NTA2 channel 5, my name is Bambo ........, then he says ''you can call us on 615156(NTA's nitel number).dont know why I have forgotten this number.
Well "Voltron" and "G-force" was our own thing.
Time and Chance......

8 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by osusuallstars: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
6 Hausa fulani boko haram illiterates cattle rearers raped her at Abuja for 4good hours and after the incident she couldn't bear it. Being a virgin at 37 and was hoping that her future man will have it as a special gift only to be lost to lunatics. She travelled to London poison her self and died

7 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by farem: 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
WalkerMichael:
RIP a great man

Why this people they mention me na! Mind your business abeg

For referring to her as 'RIP great man :shows how close you were to her!
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by akinlaso(m): 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
don't know her but I know ice Prince undecideddon't know her but I know ice Prince
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Lilimax(f): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
She was a seasoned broadcaster! Listening to them made me love NTA 9 O'clock news those days. May she rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by happney65: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
People like omolola15 can never ever know her cos he does not listen to the news until Social Media came..She was one of the best we ever had.It was a shocking news that nite when i saw it on NTA News..I broke the news to my Dad..It was the first Sad News i broke.The other two where the assassination of Chief Bola Ige and the Bombing of the World Trade centre..May She rest in Peace..
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by CoolAmbience(m): 6:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Yes, i agree with you!

She belonged to the creme da la creme of broad casting.

May God continue to bless her gentle soul.

I miss her.
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
Na old people association dey comment for this one o
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
damimola:
I remember this Lady very well,one beautiful newscaster. Gone re the days when NTA2 channel starts by 4pm with national anthem and the rainbow colour screen. You hear a deep voice like
''Goodafternoon this is NTA2 channel 5, my name is Bambo ........, then he says ''you can call us on 615156(NTA's nitel number).dont know why I have forgotten this number.
Well "Voltron" and "G-force" was our own thing.
Time and Chance......

For still remembering that number, you would have studied history and anthropology , maybe you might be a prof by now.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by pheyimen: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
where was I then sef?
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Peterina(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
she was my favourite then...her accent when calling her name Tokunbo Ajai was kinda cool then. Rip to her.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by shizzle11(m): 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
'Welcome to NTA network news. I am Tokunbo... Ajai'

So her voice resonated over the microphone

She was my favourite presenter then on NTA news at 9pm.

I learnt she committed suicide

Dunno but this version of 'open secret' that went round then was that she was raped in a Nigerian town by a gang of men. Happening at a time the demon called HIV was beginning to rear its ugly head and coming into our consciousness in this part of the world, she could not stand the trauma and shock, so she took her own life.

The only reasonable version that went round then.

Indomie generations no go know her

Continue to RIP Tokunbo!

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Ishilove: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ije004:
'I'm Tokunbo Ajayi, and Im Cyril Stober'.........memories.
It was said she committed suicide after being raped at her home by a notorious robber/serial rapist in Abuja. The man was nabbed sometime later.
So I heard o. So it was true? cry
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by pippimp(m): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
omonla10:
One of the greatest newscasters we'll ever know

Yes she was good but the greatest? Come on na. What about Ruth Benemasia, Yusuf Jibo, Siene-All-Well-Brown, Abike Dabiri, etc? Even John Momoh.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by Ishilove: 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
osusuallstars:
6 Hausa fulani boko haram illiterates cattle rearers raped her at Abuja for 4good hours and after the incident she couldn't bear it. Being a virgin at 37 and was hoping that her future man will have it as a special gift only to be lost to lunatics. She travelled to London poison her self and died
I thought it was ONE man who did the raping, not 4?

I seriously doubt this your version on what went down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by adedayoa2(f): 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
Good evening, welcome to the NTA news at 9, I am Tokunbo Ajayi and I am Cyril Stober. Memories

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by shizzle11(m): 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
osusuallstars:
lol...grin
Re: Remembering Late Tokunbo Ajai: 16 Years After by shizzle11(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ishilove:

I thought it was ONE man who did the raping, not 4?

I seriously doubt this your version on what went down
miss doubtee, she was raped by a multitude of men, NOT one one.

At least some of us don grow small dat time, so we being hear the scores cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Efe Poses With His N25m BBNaija Prize (Photos) / BBNaija 2019 Grand Finale And Winner Announcement (Live Updates) / Bbnaija: Pere Sacks White Money From The Kitchen (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.