Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Sleepless gays - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sleepless gays (1755 Views)

“You Can’t Stop Me From Talking About Gays. Keep Your Love”– Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
Chapter 1
Sleepless gays(story of a pastor's son who turns gay while in school, follow up!)

Dehinde!, my father called me one early morning, my dad, Mr. Fasheun Mapayi happened to be one of those eunuchs of Christianity whose holy life has come to the aspect of changing names from traditional to Religion, which turns my father Mr. Jesusheun Mapayi, come over here he said to me, I heard your school fees had been decreased, is that true?, being a fearful child, I answered him admist fears and unspeakable truthfulness, yes sir!, the state government wants to help parents with students school fees due to the present melt down of economy of the country, I answered him like a true son should do, Ooooh!! He exclaimed, that’s very thoughtful of the governor, I like him for that(someone he never liked from Adam) I think everything will be well for now, alright you can go back to your room, that’s all I want to know, heading to my room, I realized I won’t be able to get much money from him since he had already realized I don’t need it, it caused me pains but I needed to bear it.
It was Monday and I was ready to leave for school, after the dreaded devotion we had that morning, I had a light breakfast of pap and moin-moin took my bath and bid my parents farewell, as luck would have it I met a course mate immediately I got to the junction of our house where I wanted to board a bike, TOBI was driving his RANGE’16 towards me, initially I didn’t know he was the occupant of the car until he parked and called my name, Dehin! Come jor!, I was over joyous because I won’t be spending a dime on transport that blessed morning( I didn’t show it though), after placing my luggage into the booth of his car I entered the vehicle which made me shiver at first, because the air conditioner of the car is totally out of my world, I wondered how rich Tobi’s parent must be for him to be able to afford such a expensive ride, after exchanging pleasantries we started discussing anything that comes handy so as to cover the serenity that is gradually forming up, he drove in the speed of light and the cleverness of The Rock of fast and furious and in a short period of time we had gotten to the campus, I alighted without passion because I never wanted to leave the car’s atmosphere, but I had no choice because we are already at the campus where I live, Tobi lives in a more sophisticated hostel some meters away from mine, I removed my luggage and thanked him for his generosity after then I entered my room which was gradually becoming a spider’s haven, I immediately reached for my broom which was somewhere under the bed and cleared my room of the sacred webs, using that opportunity, I swept my room into what satisfied me by cleaning all dirty places with the broom, after then I arranged my clothes and other stuff I brought from home before leaving for the next block which housed Jerry a course mate of mine to spend the rest of the day with him before retiring to bed.
Studying music in school had been a dream come true for me, though my dad opposed the motion earlier but with the intervention of his brother who was a medical doctor he allowed me live my dreams, attending classes were like rehearsals to me because I had already known all they teach before, I was the head choir in my church, while my dad was the pastor, I attended music classes as early as age 13 for me to blend into the music line, and as at then my passion for music had increased drastically, with my level of knowledge in music, my course mates never fail to envy me. There was this day when Mr. fasuyi a lecturer taking music asked anyone to volunteer to play the lyrics of the famous James Tyler’s song “don’t run away”, no one except me volunteered because people thought the song was rather too complicated to be played on a keyboard which I didn’t believe because I happened to have played the same song many time without any form of challenge while playing it, on getting up the whole class started murmuring what I couldn’t comprehend but immediately I started playing the song the whole class became as silent as a grave yard as if they are waiting for an opportunity to laugh at me on any slight mistake I may make during my play but to their amazement I played the song flawlessly without a bit mistake and I even added some extra tone which even made the song I played better than the original song itself, immediately I finished playing the whole class started applauding me as if I just won the Nobel prize for literature and as at that day till now, I’ve been the hero of my department, many students come to me for help on a lot of things........

your comments and reviews is my fuel....thanks!!!
Re: Sleepless gays by nobilis: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
If you want people to find it easy to read that, break the text up into several paragraphs.
Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
thanks.... I'll do so right away
Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs2: 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
hilarious write up...... waiting for updates bro, work on your paragraphs on your next update sha.....more grease to your elbow!..... hope everyone is OK o'er there?

1 Like

Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
daremiarchs2:
hilarious write up...... waiting for updates bro, work on your paragraphs on your next update sha.....more grease to your elbow!..... hope everyone is OK o'er there?

thanks bro, I'll see to the paragraph stuff, we're more than OK over here
Re: Sleepless gays by Gabrendo(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Front Seat Taken I See. No Probs. Waitin 4 Nxt Update. Never Hd A Story Like This On Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2016
Chapter 2
Some days after the beginning of the new semester, I was trekking down the road to the hostel after a morning class, listening to Chambell’s love song on my phone just then I spotted Tobi and some other guys trekking down towards me which was unusual of him, I’ve never seen him trekking before that’s the very reason I was surprised that morning, Dehin!,Dehin!, he hailed, Hi Tobi, I answered, where are you headed to? He asked a rather stupid question because it was more than obvious I was coming from class with my bag pack strapped on my back, me? I asked a more foolish question, I’m going home, why don’t you come with us he offered, it’s alright I replied, this is Chuks he pointed to a chubby guy with dreadlocks, and this is Timi my bae he said holding another guy whose physique has a feminine tone in it, we walked down the direction I was coming from until we sighted Tobi’s car from afar, is that not your car? I asked, “sure it is” was his reply………. We got into the vehicle and Tobi drove us all into a bar around the school premise, I was offered a bottle of stout but I rejected explaining to him I don’t take alcohol and I settled down for a bottle of sprite with hot pepper soup, at the end of the over palatable meal I thanked him for his kind gestures towards me and then he dropped me home leaving with his two odd friends. I thanked God for giving me such a caring friend (not knowing it was devil that brought him to me). How I met Tobi was a tragic story mixed with joy, I was feeling hunger one sunny afternoon after I had a hard day in class putting together some scripts to form a note for the school’s carol group since it was December, having spent all money and left with just my transport fare, I had no hope of filling my belly that afternoon because none of my friends were around as at then, walking down the lane of the school I mistakenly stepped on a stone which made me fall, immediately some students came rushing to help me, I was surprised to see people coming to help me but due to the fact that I was a force to reckon with in the arts department I wasn’t too surprised, my white shirts were soiled, hunger mixed with shame, what a life!!......but Tobi was there to save the day, he drove in that moment, seeing my condition he offered to help me, that day I ate to my fill and had enough money to sustain me for two good months!, All thanks to Tobi.
Only God knows where this rats came from!, I lamented after I met two dead rats inside my semi covered garri container, but I always keep my room clean now, why do they like coming to my room all the time self?, abi na curse?, yes o na curse my brother Jerry the uninvited visitor answered, them no want make you eat again o, see as the rats just come spoil beta garri for you, sebi you be pastor pikin?, why you no speak tongues for them nah?,He added, filled with annoyance I managed to feign a fake smile at him, to say the real fact that gari happens to be the last meal I had then, guy forget this thing jor, let’s go and play ball across the road now, ok bro lemme change into something palatable, I gave a grammatical bomb which made Jerry laugh for minutes, after changing we came out of the apartment and as we were about crossing the road, we saw Tobi cruising towards us………….
Stopping before us, he alighted shining his white set of teeth at us, Dehin!, where are you up to? He asked, I am going across the street to play football jare since everything is dull inside and nepa no bring light, oh!, opt in now and lemme take you both somewhere, I took a quick glance at Jerry’s face and he grinned at me showing his total support, we entered and we were driven down to a club house, we were served pepper soup and Jerry got a bottle of beer while I remained glued to my bottle of fanta, after some minutes, Timi Tobi’s friend or lemme say “bae”(I said bae because the day Tobi was introducing him to me he called him his bae) joined us, I was taken by surprised when he came over to where Tobi was sitting and gave him a peck on the cheek………………… I immediately exchanged glances with Jerry who as things turned out was more surprised than I was, it was then I realized I had been moving with a GAY!!................

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Sleepless gays by Gabrendo(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hah Hah Gbese

1 Like

Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2016
I'm so sorry for not updating, I'm having an exam today....... I'll make sure I update as soon as possible.....

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Sleepless gays by PricelessTee99(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
At first glance the story was not inline but the chapter 2 really concluded it.......................... Dats Bad......AbaH
Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
PricelessTee99:
At first glance the story was not inline but the chapter 2 really concluded it.......................... Dats Bad......AbaH

thank God you're getting along..... updates will come as soon as possible..... Gce is really disturbing me embarassed
PricelessTee99:

thank God you're getting along..... updates will come as soon as possible..... Gce is really disturbing me
Re: Sleepless gays by Adeyemi12740: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2016
[color=#000000][/color]nice write up
Re: Sleepless gays by Adeyemi12740: 7:54am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice write up waiting for chapter 3
Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2016
it's on the way sir.
Re: Sleepless gays by patjane(f): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2016
No updates yet cry..still waiting anyway grin
Re: Sleepless gays by daremiarchs(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
patjane:
No updates yet cry..still waiting anyway grin
Sorry miss, I had to relocate and I couldn't leave with the system I update with, I'll try updating with my phone..... Bear with me please

3 Likes

Re: Sleepless gays by Adeyemi12740: 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
Waiting!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Very Short Story: Waste Of Time / Prof. Louis Chude-sokei On 419, Nollywood, P-square And Much More / Diary Of My Love Life...3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.