Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production (41418 Views)

FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Official / Local Rice Production Hits 15m Tonnes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by sankky: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2016
Now it's happening as we long predicted.
All those Bill Gates visits to the North. The deadly
GMO foods loading........
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by philo3(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2016
Shae it's still here we will read it na
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Felixtuta(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2016
Good one.

But this one that an American is involved, hmmm. This men are corruption themselves.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Felixtuta(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2016
Good one.

But this one that an American is involved, hmmm. This men are corruption themselves.

Hope this will not be like vision 2020.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by segepol10(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2016
Enough of this yeye news jaree.
Very soon nao they will tell us that Dangote rice will soon flood the market.
Abegi wen will this government stop all this propaganda. Abi dem don forget say na them dey for power, not like wen they are in opposition.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by mfujah(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2016
Mbeki:
Dont be fooled folks! We should not be on a long thing with Bill Gates

Why is the Gates foundation investing in GM giant Monsanto?

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2010/sep/29/gates-foundation-gm-monsanto

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/gates-foundation-ties-with-monsanto-under-fire-from-activists/
i don't know what our problem is in this country.... person come help, una go still talk nonsense..... hater of progress...make the guy no make money.
. ode atole

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=16pt]Since time immemorial, the white man has been trying to wipe out Africans.

The white man has never apologised for their genocide against Africa.

So why would any right think African start believing the same white man wants to help feed Africans.

Just remember what happened to the native Americans when they believed that white man was helping them by giving them blankets that later turned out to have been laced with smallpox.

Why the f..k have we not broken all ties with these white devils?

Eat Dangote rice at your peril, I would be sourcing my rice carefully. [/size]

[img]http://destinationnigeria.files./2013/11/1450736_599590500105266_25860023_n-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-8RqQLffcuU4/UoEmFeN1OgI/AAAAAAACMRQ/8YMQqC-8JAY/s1600/BYzd__MCQAA9hyX.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.aitonline.tv/pix/NewsImages/227.jpg[/img]

I am also circumspect in considering this initiative from Bill Gates a humanitarian one; even though many Nigerians may feel otherwise. I doubt if this will bring the much needed succour to the Nigerian populace in the long run.

I am very much aware of the health risks of consuming GMOs. Only God knows how much of these crops Nigerians have consumed at the moment.

How do you plan to make a careful sourcing of your rice?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Drienzia: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2016
docadams:
Where does Delta state fit in? Too bad we miss out on a lot positive things. But not so when it has to do with vices. I think only God can save my state.
28 States were left out including delta st. its not as if we were d only State omitted... and you here saying wot I don't know.... pls leave delta st alone....after all, u guyz were d ones criticizing ibori that he's currupt. ... hope you enjoyed uduaghan more than ibori
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by yemmit90: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2016
Onyegecha:
If Bill GATES HAS STEPPED IN, BE CERTAIN THAT EVIL HAS STEPPED IN. IT DOES NOT CALL FOR CELEBRATION. WHY CAN'T OUR GOVERNMENT INVEST THE RECOVERED FUNDS INTO AGRICULTURE?

We need a young vibrant individual to take up this sector. The money meant for agriculture is there, granpa Audu Ogbe just dont know how to go about it.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by valiantheartprod(f): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2016
HtwoOw:
Some bad Belle Anti Buhari's still condemn this good news

Some people even said we'd buy rice for 40k by December

God dey
that was a statement by your humble agri. minister
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2016
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by AZeD1(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2016
docadams:
Where does Delta state fit in? Too bad we miss out on a lot positive things. But not so when it has to do with vices. I think only God can save my state.
Oh boy, God has moved us to one corner. He has given us everything we need to succeed but we no gree move forward.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=16pt]Since time immemorial, the white man has been trying to wipe out Africans.

So why would any right think African start believing the same white man wants to help feed Africans.

Just remember what happened to the native Americans when they believed that white man was helping them by giving them blankets that later turned out to have been laced with smallpox.

[img]http://destinationnigeria.files./2013/11/1450736_599590500105266_25860023_n-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-8RqQLffcuU4/UoEmFeN1OgI/AAAAAAACMRQ/8YMQqC-8JAY/s1600/BYzd__MCQAA9hyX.jpg[/img]

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2016
WAILERS FOOOOODU DON READDYYYY WOOO grin grin angry

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by blowjohn(m): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2016
timeman:
I share your sentiments. GM is a No No! but how much of it are we sure we are consuming already. At one point a certain body of agricultural scientist were very vocal against it back in 2008. Our lawmakers are junkheads, sitting pretty on billions while bone watching as the economy is in dire needs. Mama piss could throw money around in billions without initiative of a farm field in bayelsa that wouldgo a long way for her people.What a shame!. BG, kindly gesture but unaccaptable. we are capable of feeding ourselves.
kiss the truth!

I also say a big NO To this Bill Gates intrusion! GM rice? Oh no! We already have oversized fruits in the markets and now rice? We may suffer the implications in a decade or more. Devilish! It's all a plot to realize their new world order. Control the population of the world so that resources can go round. Create deaths thru anyway possible and make money from it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by mars123(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2016
Onyegecha:
If Bill GATES HAS STEPPED IN, BE CERTAIN THAT EVIL HAS STEPPED IN. IT DOES NOT CALL FOR CELEBRATION. WHY CAN'T OUR GOVERNMENT INVEST THE RECOVERED FUNDS INTO AGRICULTURE?
polio eradication was evil...charlie tell me something else.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by MrPresident1: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2016
Bill Gates olowo aiye awo Aliko Dangote olowo Nigeria grin

Nigeria and Nigerians, you are in trouble, YOU ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE!

The whiteman's capacity for evil is mindboggling.

Almighty God, when is your kingdom coming? When will wicked and evil people face your judgment, how much more will your saints endure? cry

These idiots think they are controlling the world by their own power, when YAH is ready, you all will be like ashes under the feet of the LORD's redeemed.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Tyche(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2016
Believe it or not, most if the important food items we consume here are GMO based.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by frubben(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2016
But where are all does powerful men of Gold, na so so bill go they save our ass. All they know is to cause havoc between christian and muslim embarassedBut where are all does powerful men of Gold, na so so bill go they save our ass. All they know is to cause havoc between christian and muslim

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by gabe: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2016
cocolacec:

GM rice will bring about rise in health complication like Cancer ,fatal allergiesand some strange diseases emerging like in the West ALS,multiple sclerosis,fibromylgia,babies having cancer etc.I can assure when these health conplications set in, your doctors cannot help you.

http://www.geneticallymodifiedfoods.co.uk/fact-sheet-pros-vs-cons.html
NO STUDY has linked GM foods with any disease. people just be peddling rumours...
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by anonimi: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2016
mrofficial:
Whites saving our asses all the goddamn time. Yuck! undecided

Terrible, bro.
That is what happens when we refuse to utilise our own God-given brains as they are using their own.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by 9jatatafo(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2016
I am scared of genetically modified food
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Tloc(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2016
GenBuhari:

BG using Dangote to decimate Nigeria's population. We should be wary of his Greek gift, his foundation sponsors birth control and abortion.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by asala1: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2016
boneruns:

Input it on www.google.com

Tell me one thing you eat today and you find growing in the wild.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by sharrp: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2016
Mbeki:
Dont be fooled folks! We should not be on a long thing with Bill Gates

Why is the Gates foundation investing in GM giant Monsanto?

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2010/sep/29/gates-foundation-gm-monsanto

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/gates-foundation-ties-with-monsanto-under-fire-from-activists/
With all due respect, this is so dumb
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by codemaniacs: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2016
mfujah:

i don't know what our problem is in this country.... person come help, una go still talk nonsense..... hater of progress...make the guy no make money.
. ode atole

Not every help is helpful in the longrun... if someone help's u by giving u something that would make u brain dead in months or years and u don't know and u accept that help then u are on your own..

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by mangojuice(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2016
genearts:

Delta needs CHANGE. My great EDO State is there.

This is massive. Nigeria will be great again under PMB, patience is all we need.
Delta State does not need APC style of destructive change.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by asala1: 9:31am On Sep 14, 2016
cocolacec:

GM rice will bring about rise in health complication like Cancer ,fatal allergiesand some strange diseases emerging like in the West ALS,multiple sclerosis,fibromylgia,babies having cancer etc.I can assure when these health conplications set in, your doctors cannot help you.

http://www.geneticallymodifiedfoods.co.uk/fact-sheet-pros-vs-cons.html

BS! Which of the food you eat today hasn't been modified genetically? Nothing you eat today grows in the wild, human modified them. The wheat you eat today were once just grasses, potatoes were formally poisonous, wild apples are tiny and not sweet, carrots were white and not this sweet, there are many varieties of tomotoes that can be transport easily without much damage. Did you think God created them just that way? No, people modified them over many years to what you eat now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Ken4Christ: 9:36am On Sep 14, 2016
Agriculture should not be left in the hands of small scale farmers alone. Nigeria should go into large scale mechanized farming. This is the only way to guarantee adequate food supply.

Our problem has never been fund. The Nigeria problem is mismanagement, misappropriation and diversion of funds. And this government apparently fighting corruption has not been able to stop it.

Months back, we were told 69 out of the 70 trailers of rice meant for the IDP camp were diverted. Even the one trailer that got there had a short fall of 150 bags of rice. Please, may be I am not updated. Can anyone tell us if they have received any feedback on the diverted trailers of rice?

Enough of the loans and foreign aids We have enough money in this country. Until corrupt people are dealt with and exposed to the public and the world to see, we are not ready for change.

How can the government be trying corruption, after one year plus, no one has been successfully prosecuted. All you hear of is trials and detention. They will tell us they don't want to publish the name.

Why fight corruption and hide their identity?. That means, there are dignified thieves.

Today, they will tell us 3.4 trillion naira has been recovered. Another day, they will say it's 78 billion. A dishonest government is corrupt.

We can't produce enough rice, we stop the legal importation. I said legal because importation of rice has not stopped. It is only making customs officers richer and making it more difficult for consumers.

The price of rice which is currently about N22,000 naira is not more than N12,000 at the Nigeria borders.

The government should rethink and change policies.

We hear of customs impounding rice but you will never hear of them impounding arms.

As far as I am concerned, we don't have sincere and sensible leaders yet.

I pray that in the very near future, some of us will have the opportunity to take the responsibility of leading this nation.

4 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by daywatcher: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2016
We will not require this type of charity if we had thinking and visionary leaders
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by brovkhovich: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2016
A government who re ready to work will always get support form intetnational communties

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Sac Yam Diary / Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know / The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.