Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production (41420 Views)

FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Official / Local Rice Production Hits 15m Tonnes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by martineinstein(m): 9:44am On Sep 14, 2016
gabe:

NO STUDY has linked GM foods with any disease. people just be peddling rumours...
and who are those capable of realising if GM foods could cause diseases if not the white people themselves........thats y chinese and russians dont allow those westerners to meddle in their affairs

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by genearts(m): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2016
mangojuice:
Delta State does not need APC style of destructive change.
What do u need then?
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by brovkhovich: 9:49am On Sep 14, 2016
Look at eko atlantic city nigeria only hope of modern infrastructure was propose by government,meanwhile no money to fund project by the government but today the project is been fully funded by private investors
The say charity begin at home so as development begin at home
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Cathony(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2016
genearts:

Delta needs CHANGE. My great EDO State is there.

This is massive. Nigeria will be great again under PMB, patience is all we need.
So Edo doesn't?? just because Edo state was listed amongst the others benefiting from this investment means its better than Delta right?? or when Lagos was excluded , you'd then say Lagos State needs "Change" too?? man man man...Keep dreaming in Daylight
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by kaymart: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2016
that's if they don't end up looting the funds as usual.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by eyesofgod: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2016
Drienzia:
28 States were left out including delta st. its not as if we were d only State omitted... and you here saying wot I don't know.... pls leave delta st alone....after all, u guyz were d ones criticizing ibori that he's currupt. ... hope you enjoyed uduaghan more than ibori

The post wasn't meant for you. The number one problem of Deltans is cowardice and low self esteem as seen from your post.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by genearts(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2016
Cathony:

So Edo doesn't?? just because Edo state was listed amongst the others benefiting from this investment means its better than Delta right?? or when Lagos was excluded , you'd then say Lagos State needs "Change" too?? man man man...Keep dreaming in Daylight

Whatever rocks your boat bro.

Edo has experienced CHANGE and we are progressing, though it could be better but we are way better of with CHANGE than we were before.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by danot1030: 10:09am On Sep 14, 2016
All these people will not dare near Jonathan during his time, they knew that whatever support they give will end up in Patient account and the balance shares among the the greedy gluttons around him then.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by godwinstringed1(m): 10:09am On Sep 14, 2016
haaaa eeeh egbami oo
bill gate you naa
grin

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Good one, let him invest in cement too. The industry is bn monopolised and it's not good.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by johnstin(m): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2016
This world we currently live in is getting more dangerous on a daily basis.
Anybody that knows the real agenda of these people can not celebrate this type of intervention.
Many evil things are happening underground that people are not aware of.

My humble advice is that we should all stay close to Jesus in these last days. The devil is now working relentlessly to destroy mankind by any means and since he made most of these folks rich, he can freely use them to further his agenda.

That is all I will say.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Cathony(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2016
eyesofgod:

The post wasn't meant for you. The number one problem of Deltans is cowardice and low self esteem as seen from your post.
clap for yourself, I just imagined the kinda person you are when typing this post. FYM you posted something reasonable. how touching.....
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by blowjohn(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2016
mars123:
polio eradication was evil...charlie tell me something else.

Who told u it wasn't evil? Do u know phizer paid hundreds of millions to Kano and other state governments many years ago? That was for giving children funny vaccines! Dude open ur eyes. If unlike I can help u google it out!
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by cocolacec(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2016
gabe:

NO STUDY has linked GM foods with any disease. people just be peddling rumours...

The film titled "10 Years of Failure, Farmers Deceived by GM corn" shows the dire situation of corn farmers in the Philippines who have adopted GM corn. Amidst protests from farmers, scientists, consumers and basic sectors, GM corn was commercialized in the Philippines in 2003. At present, there are about 8 varieties of single, stacked-trait and pyramided GM corn approved by the government for direct planting. It is now planted in about 685,317 hectares of agricultural land allotted for corn.

The film documentary is based on the study done by MASIPAG on the socio-economic impacts of GM corn on farmers' lives and livelihood after more than 10 years of commercialization. In the film, GM corn farmers relate how they became indebted because of the rising cost of GM corn seeds and increasing cost and quantity of inputs being used. The film also shared the farmers account on the effect of GM corn farming such as emergence of new pests, soil erosion, corn contamination and human and animal health impacts. Farmers also shared the difficulty to go back to traditional or organic corn farming because of the loss of traditional seeds and practices replaced by GM corn farming and the effects of neighboring GM corn plantations. The film documentary covers the islands of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

For more information on the study, please visit www.masipag.org.

Film produced by Magsasaka at Siyentipiko para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura (MASIPAG) and KI Multimedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuWs8K9-kI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFF96-wrtUM
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by highbeekeys(m): 10:40am On Sep 14, 2016
May God save us all.
Coz. Tycoons are never to be trusted..these people do just about anything to get richer...they take advantage of complicated situations like this. No smoke without fire o my people GM or not...B careful what you eat.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by cocolacec(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2016
danot1030:
All these people will not dare near Jonathan during his time, they knew that whatever support they give will end up in Patient account and the balance shares among the the greedy gluttons around him then.

The GM campaign started during Jonathan Regime
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by blowjohn(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2016
martineinstein:
and who are those capable of realising if GM foods could cause diseases if not the white people themselves........thats y chinese and russians dont allow those westerners to meddle in their affairs

Shit gives me the creeps! I avoid those large oranges thatvnow flood the markets like I see in edo state. Thiz pple are devils smiling behind transparent glasses
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by cocolacec(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2016
asala1:

BS! Which of the food you eat today hasn't been modified genetically? Nothing you eat today grows in the wild, human modified them. The wheat you eat today were once just grasses, potatoes were formally poisonous, wild apples are tiny and not sweet, carrots were white and not this sweet, there are many varieties of tomotoes that can be transport easily without much damage. Did you think God created them just that way? No, people modified them over many years to what you eat now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=013_xA5mRdg
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by cocolacec(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2016
asala1:

BS! Which of the food you eat today hasn't been modified genetically? Nothing you eat today grows in the wild, human modified them. The wheat you eat today were once just grasses, potatoes were formally poisonous, wild apples are tiny and not sweet, carrots were white and not this sweet, there are many varieties of tomotoes that can be transport easily without much damage. Did you think God created them just that way? No, people modified them over many years to what you eat now.

I agree that crop today has been modified but the new trend of Today GMO is a very dangerous one where animal genes can be added to food items,where rabbit have human ear ,trees have eyes.

Give these white folks (Mad Scientist) a step they will take a mile.Once you allow them with their Roundup ready Rice ,they will bombard you with many dangerous herbicides and they can never be chased out.

The consequences will be your farmers will depend on Mosanto for seeds,some will commit Suicide,endless lawsuits,Rise in medical cost in Nigeria.I guess India will soon make a visa free policy for Nigerians seeking Medical help.

If you know the people Bill Gates is representing ,you will be shocked to your bone Marrow and for the record he never was the richest man in the world.The richest men in Trillions are the Rothdchild,Rockerfellers,Du point etc.Bill is a shoe shiner to these dynasties and a front (hit)man.

Europe is kicking against GMO Crops in their lands while Africa is opening up its fertile land for destruction and devastation.

Read about GM cotton and India Farmers
Read about how Monsanto bankrupt farmers in the US and Germany(Monsanto claimed Patent for Pig in Germany suing pig Farmers)
Read about how Iraqi farmers were forced to plant GMO crops if they want their lands back.
Read about GMO corn in South America.

The goal of Bill and Monsanto is to control world food supply so that if you dont buy seeds from them you cannot plant,their seeds must be bought every planting season,if by mistake their seeds pollinate with your crops you will be sued for stealing their patent right.
The list is endless.

Some years ago I read about an Australian boy who ate peanut at home before going to school.In school he suffered a heart attack and died in hospital,his autopsy revealed he died from Peanut allergy.The parents said that wasn't the first time he ate peanuts.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2016
And is this good news?
Folks, better begin growing organic abakaliki rice at your back yards, let's y'all be chomping on Monsanto rice.
We're finished. embarassed
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by gabbytabby: 11:07am On Sep 14, 2016
I guess we should be on a short thing with una

9ja's with their bad belle they would not proffer any meaningful solution but quick to rubbish other people's.

Abegi go siddon she you don shop beleful.

Mbeki:
Dont be fooled folks! We should not be on a long thing with Bill Gates

Why is the Gates foundation investing in GM giant Monsanto?

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2010/sep/29/gates-foundation-gm-monsanto

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/gates-foundation-ties-with-monsanto-under-fire-from-activists/
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by cyrilamx(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Good news coming from edo. Recently captain Hosa putting apparatus in place to launch a 150 Billion naira farm in Ovia North. Also Dangote acquired 50,000 hectares of land in edo North for rice. Dufil plc makers of Indomie acquired 60,000 hectares in Ovia to site processing plants and cultivate palm oil..the bigger news is the plan of the Incoming Benin monarch to build free trade zone at Gele Gele with the help of private investors like Dangote. That while Obaseki mus succeed Oshio by hook or crook. S edo will be hub of agricultural innovation.
genearts:

Whatever rocks your boat bro.

Edo has experienced CHANGE and we are progressing, though it could be better but we are way better of with CHANGE than we were before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by eyinjuege: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2016
cocolacec:

GM rice will bring about rise in health complication like Cancer ,fatal allergies and some strange diseases emerging like in the West ALS,multiple sclerosis,fibromylgia,babies having cancer etc.I can assure you when these health complications set in, your doctors cannot help you.

http://www.geneticallymodifiedfoods.co.uk/fact-sheet-pros-vs-cons.html

It has always been about choices.
Aren't we already eating the GMO rice?
Every one including Oyibo people know that out local rice is a much healthier option than others. I'm talking of Ofada, Abakaliki rice.
Even abroad, people are shying away from eating rice and white bread which is a major staple for us.
Their menus there are usually chicken and rice, with chicken being the main meal, and small serving of rice. Our own menu here is rice and chicken with rice being the main meal, with large portion, and a small piece of chicken on it.
How many people bother eating salads and vegetables? I'm not talking of our veggies already overcooked with palm oil in it o.
All these are all lifestyle options.
Even all the burgers, meatpies and Co we eat from all these fast food meals are very unhealthy and associated with increased risk of some of these diseases.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by cocolacec(m): 11:16am On Sep 14, 2016
If Bill Gates truly wants to help the blacks he should start with his backyard not come to Africa many miles away.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by genearts(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2016
cyrilamx:
Good news coming from edo. Recently captain Hosa putting apparatus in place to launch a 150 Billion naira farm in Ovia North. Also Dangote acquired 50,000 hectares of land in edo North for rice. Dufil plc makers of Indomie acquired 60,000 hectares in Ovia to site processing plants and cultivate palm oil..the bigger news is the plan of the Incoming Benin monarch to build free trade zone at Gele Gele with the help of private investors like Dangote. That while Obaseki mus succeed Oshio by hook or crook. S edo will be hub of agricultural innovation.

Nice... Edo state cannot return to the dark days of PDP.
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by ireneidiva(f): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2016
Onyegecha:
If Bill GATES HAS STEPPED IN, BE CERTAIN THAT EVIL HAS STEPPED IN. IT DOES NOT CALL FOR CELEBRATION. WHY CAN'T OUR GOVERNMENT INVEST THE RECOVERED FUNDS INTO AGRICULTURE?

you are just so silly. when he stepped in for polio, what happened?
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by goldman777: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2016
Gates doing buhari,s job because nigeria is too poor to initiate agro allied projects.buhari fall my hand angry
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by gateleo(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2016
Bad news for the haters...... grin grin grin... All they want to hear is Bad news to blame the government...
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by ephi123(f): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Agriculture should not be left in the hands of small scale farmers alone. Nigeria should go into large scale mechanized farming. This is the only way to guarantee adequate food supply.

Our problem has never been fund. The Nigeria problem is mismanagement, misappropriation and diversion of funds. And this government apparently fighting corruption has not been able to stop it.

Months back, we were told 69 out of the 70 trailers of rice meant for the IDP camp were diverted. Even the one trailer that got there had a short fall of 150 bags of rice. Please, may be I am not updated. Can anyone tell us if they have received any feedback on the diverted trailers of rice?

Enough of the loans and foreign aids We have enough money in this country. Until corrupt people are dealt with and exposed to the public and the world to see, we are not ready for change.

How can the government be trying corruption, after one year plus, no one has been successfully prosecuted. All you hear of is trials and detention. They will tell us they don't want to publish the name.

Why fight corruption and hide their identity?. That means, there are dignified thieves.

Today, they will tell us 3.4 trillion naira has been recovered. Another day, they will say it's 78 billion. A dishonest government is corrupt.

We can't produce enough rice, we stop the legal importation. I said legal because importation of rice has not stopped. It is only making customs officers richer and making it more difficult for consumers.

The price of rice which is currently about N22,000 naira is not more than N12,000 at the Nigeria borders.

The government should rethink and change policies.

We hear of customs impounding rice but you will never hear of them impounding arms.

As far as I am concerned, we don't have sincere and sensible leaders yet.

I pray that in the very near future, some of us will have the opportunity to take the responsibility of leading this nation.

So very true, and Amen to the prayer in your last line.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by nuradeen011(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
to me is a shame to our billionaires
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
I fear for the people who think this is all a conspiracy theory, if they would bother to read, maybe they would be less ignorant. GM foods have been banned in all of Europe because of its health implications. Because people are not dropping dead immediately they consume GM foods does not mean it is not dangerous. Now, if GM foods were introduced for genuinely philanthropic reasons, maybe consuming them could be acceptable, but the introduction of these foods are not for philanthropic reasons, they are truly for selfish and devilish intentions, which are population control( Mattheus theory) and for food dependency ( where we depend on the west for all our food supply). GM foods are cheap and seem like a fantastic alternative right now, but will it always be that way? GM foods once planted will decimate local food production, once planted, genetic modification is designed in such a way by the scientists that once the farmer sticks them in his land, nothing else can grow on that land except GM crops, where does that leave our farmers? Where does that leave us? This is neo-colonialism in practice, the west rue colonialism and wish for a time when they could go back to that status quo. Please let us not use our usual African-type ignorance to permanently sell ourselves to the white man. Because a man is diagnosed as paranoid does not mean there is no one out to kill him. Do not shrug this off as a conspiracy theory!
Re: Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production by bams2999(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Sac Yam Diary / Top 10 Lucrative Farming In Nigeria You Need To Know / The Cassava Story. Profitability And Loss Theory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.