Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives (1224 Views)

Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why / Secrets Men Keep From Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by oluspicy: 2:37am On Sep 14, 2016
5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives.

psychologies and coaches give plenty of advice on marriage, but God is the Author of this institution. He is the One, who knows exactly how husbands should treat their wives. Here what He says about it in the Bible.
That’s not the human opinion, but the higher decree from the Lord and we find them in the Scriptures.

1. Esteem
Wait, we thought wives should respect their husbands! Yes, they should, but it has to be mutual. Here is what the Word of God says:
“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect…” (1 Peter 3:7)

God created men and women in His own likeness and image. This means He is in us and His image is worthy to be honored and respected! It also means that husbands, who put down or even beat their wives, show huge disrespect for their Creator.

2. Tenderness
“Do not be harsh with your wife.” (Colossians 3:19)

It means men should not use harsh words or bad language, when they talk to their wives. They should not be overloading those with work and be attentive to their needs.
God is her father. You are married to the daughter of the King of Kings. Do you think He would be pleased, if you abuse or hurt her? Surely, men have the power to treat women as they wish, but they are to answer before God for it.

3. Honour
“Honour your marriage; keep it pure by remaining true to your wife in every way.” (Hebrews 13:4)

Do not only expect to be honoured by your wife, but give it back to her. Remember, you reap what you sow!

4. Loyalty
“Do not be captivated by other women” (Proverbs 5:20)

God created one woman for one man. That’s His plan. If you wish to please the Lord, stick with it. That does not involve only physical intimacy. You should stay focused on your wife, catering to her emotional, financial and other needs. Do not waste yourself on other ladies.

5. Admiration

“Call your wife ‘blessed’ and praise her.” (Proverbs 31: 28-29)

Praise and good words build up a happy marriage. Praise her for what she does for you, do not take it for granted.
God knows what is good for you. If you follow His tips for marriage, it is bound to be happy and successful.

Source: naij.com

Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by wealthyguyman(m): 3:20am On Sep 14, 2016
I concur

Nice post
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 14, 2016
no 3 though. .someone should give us that verse for King Solomon i think it's also in the same bible

so we can compare and contrast..it's good for robust debate
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by oluspicy: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2016
wealthyguyman:
I concur

Nice post

Thanks bro for passing by.
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by oluspicy: 10:44am On Sep 14, 2016
carmag:
no 3 though. .someone should give us that verse for King Solomon i think it's also in the same bible

so we can compare and contrast..it's good for robust debate

I sighted you. Thanks for commenting, yes it's a nice topic for debate.
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by Janeyinspires(f): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2016
Marriage is the union of two genders-men and women..

I can't remember the last time I came across a post on how 'men should treat their wives','Tips on how to pamper your wife' and all that...

Great post!
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by JoyChinwe22(f): 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
Janeyinspires:

I can't remember the last time I came across a post on how 'men should treat their wives','Tips on how to pamper your wife' and all that...

Great post!
THE ISSUE OF RAPE, WITHIN THE CONFINES OF MARRIAGE (how wives are being raped by husbands)

Rape occurs when sexual intercourse or any other sexual activity is forced upon an individual without his/her consent. In marriage however, it is a form of domestic violence and sexual abuse, wherein sex is forced on one spouse by the other. As strange as it sounds, rape also occurs in marriage. Any sexual activity not consented by both parties, is rape. The prominent kind of rape in marriage however is wife rape.

Rape generally is perceived not to be present in marriage, being that a woman is supposed to consensually engage in sex with her husband, making rape unnecessary. This is why despite the fact that rape in marriage has become quite rampant, it is given little or no attention from Human right activists', Criminal Justice System and even the society at large. Infact, wife rape remains one of the prevalent, yet under-reported crimes in Nigeria.

Two of the best studies so far which have investigated the general existence of wife rape in representative samples of women ( Finkelhor & Yllo, 1985; Russell, 1990) have found that between 10-14% of women who have ever been married have been raped at least once by their partner.

For the purpose of this article, we shall examine some of the intriguing issues and questions surrounding wife rape which include : Reasons men rape their wives, Why Victims refuse to report such incidents, The characteristics of wife rapists, The effects of wife rape on the victim( physically and psychologically) & on the home; and finally, What to do in case you experience such.

WHY DO MEN RAPE THEIR WIVES?

This is one of the nagging questions concerning wife rape which has been given several conflicting answers. However some of the prominent reasons given for wife rape include: To see more, visit:
HOW WIFE’S ARE BEING RAPED BY HUSBANDS. http://www.familyflex.net/2016/09/how-wifes-are-being-raped-by-husbands.html
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by oluspicy: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
Janeyinspires:

Great post!

Thanks Janeyinspires. I appreciate your comments on this post. Wish to improve in this in no distance future.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by oluspicy: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thanks Chinwe for that inspiring comments. You are on point. I appreciate.
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by oluspicy: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
JoyChinwe22:
THE ISSUE OF RAPE, WITHIN THE CONFINES OF MARRIAGE (how wives are being raped by husbands)

Rape occurs when sexual intercourse or any other sexual activity is forced upon an individual without his/her consent. In marriage however, it is a form of domestic violence and sexual abuse, wherein sex is forced on one spouse by the other. As strange as it sounds, rape also occurs in marriage. Any sexual activity not consented by both parties, is rape. The prominent kind of rape in marriage however is wife
rape.

Rape generally is perceived not to be present in marriage, being that a woman is supposed to consensually engage in sex with her husband, making rape unnecessary. This is why despite the fact that rape in marriage has become quite rampant, it is given little or no attention from Human right activists', Criminal Justice System and even the society at large. Infact, wife rape remains one of the prevalent, yet under-reported crimes in Nigeria.

Two of the best studies so far which have investigated the general existence of wife rape in representative samples of women ( Finkelhor & Yllo, 1985; Russell, 1990) have found that between 10-14% of women who have ever been married have been raped at least once by their partner.

For the purpose of this article, we shall examine some of the intriguing issues and questions surrounding wife rape which include : Reasons men rape their wives, Why Victims refuse to report such incidents, The characteristics of wife rapists, The effects of wife rape on the victim( physically and psychologically) & on the home; and finally, What to do in case you experience such.

WHY DO MEN RAPE THEIR WIVES?

This is one of the nagging questions concerning wife rape which has been given several conflicting answers. However some of the prominent reasons given for wife rape include: To see more, visit:
HOW WIFE’S ARE BEING RAPED BY HUSBANDS. http://www.familyflex.net/2016/09/how-wifes-are-being-raped-by-husbands.html
Thanks Chinwe for that inspiring comments. You are on point. I appreciate.
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by Janeyinspires(f): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2016
oluspicy:

Thanks Janeyinspires. I appreciate your comments on this post. Wish to improve in this in no distance future.
grin

Happy escape day from the womb,Oluspicy! May your life keep spicing up each day..Enjoy!
Re: 5 Things Bible Teaches Husbands To Give To Their Wives by oluspicy: 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
Janeyinspires:
grin

Happy escape day from the womb,Oluspicy! May your life keep spicing up each day..Enjoy!

Amen dear Janey... dats me. Do u know my birthday is today (16th September).

Awaits a PM from you... kindly add me on Whatsapp 08099822284 or olusegunolugbenga@gmail.com

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Frustrated! My Mum's Salary Can't Afford To Buy A Bag Of Rice / Why Do Short People Are Full Of Pride And Arrogance? / How Do I Know My Gf Is Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.