Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad (2981 Views)

FG Won't Give Up Anti-corruption War - Osinbajo / Cameroon: Breaking News ! Police Broke Up Anti- Biya Demonstrations In Douala / Solution To Kidnapping: Anti Kidnapping Underground Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by spoOne: 6:36am On Oct 09, 2009
Edo police set up anti-kidnapping squad

By Simon Ebegbulem - Oct 9, 2009

BENIN—WORRIED by the spate of kidnapping in Edo State, the state police command has set up a special anti-kidnapping squad, vowing that the squad would fish out the sponsors and perpetrators of the crime in the state.

Edo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Danlami Yar’Adua, who disclosed this yesterday to newsmen in Benin City, also disclosed that the command was investigating alleged killing of one Sergeant Ojemen Osemenkhian by a fellow police officer on October 1, 2009.

Commissioner Yar’Adua stated that the squad had been provided with logistics to deal with the cases of kidnapping and expressed hope that the people of the state would provide the squad with information that would help crack down on the perpetrators.

According to him, “the squad is under going intensive operational and intelligence training to equip it with the capacity to deal with the challenges of kidnapping.

“Let me say that this does not in any way affect the existence of other structures on ground to deal with the challenges of kidnapping.”

The commissioner also paraded six suspect involved in car snatching and certificate racketeering and said they would be produced in court after investigations.

On the mysterious death of Sergeant Ojemen, the commissioner explained that “ we are aware of the matter but we cannot conclude what actually happened now until after the investigations.

“If at the end of the day the officer who is being accused is found wanting, we will not hesitate to prosecute him according to the law.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/09/edo-police-set-up-anti-kidnapping-squad/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Governor  oshiomhole, if the police are overwhelmed call in the JTF. This is what the people of Edo state want from your administration - safety and security first and foremost.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by ohisng(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2009
@spONE, for once u are not being sarcastic as your usual self!! It is in an effort to combat this whole kidnapping thing that made the Police set up this outfit. So contrary to your impression, the comrade governor is actually doing what he was elected to do. Make Edo State safe for its citizens
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by posakosa(m): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
this idea is a big joke. grin grin grin
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by Hanonymous: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
I hope the Squad itself will not be Kidnapped!!!
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by posakosa(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hanonymous:

seriously! grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by okeey(m): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2009
im also think so
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by Ben13: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2009
I wonder how the squad will be able to track down kidnappers without IT skills. rabbish!
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by posakosa(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ben-10:

I wonder how the squad will be able to track down kidnappers without IT skills. rabbish!

they will make use of the antenna on their head.

or follow the direction in which their manliness erects.  grin grin
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by OvieE: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hanonymous:

I laughooooo.  Hanonymous Thanks for making me laugh. Nigeria with the squads thing is crazy.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by sherrylo: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
whats crazy about that?
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by Hanonymous: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2009
Cox the hunter may soon become the hunted.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by Gentle4lyf: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
Why must we always have nagative thoughts and reactions to every damn thing. The squad has just come into being and have done nothing to deserve either praise or criticism. So why not you all critics be patient and allow them die before you burry them. HABA!!!!!!!! This is one thing i hate about the bulk of Nigerians. angry
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by ohisng(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Gentle4lyf- Thank u very much! Ha!!! Finally, someone with a brain that works!! U see most of the NLanders on issues relating to Edo state have an obsession with pessimism. They CANT do anything BUT they are the first to quickly criticise any project without even giving it a chance of survival.
spONE and his cohort, snow, whatever, hope u are reading this!!
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by ojesymsym: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2009
What in the name of God is a Yar adua doing as a commisioner of police in my already forsaken state, that family again dat is drawing our nation back and a gov dat seems directionless.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by 190: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2009
useless state~
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by spoOne: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
190:

useless state~

ode!
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by spoOne: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2009
ohisng:

@Gentle4lyf- Thank u very much! Ha!!! Finally, someone with a brain that works!! U see most of the NLanders on issues relating to Edo state have an obsession with pessimism. They CANT do anything BUT they are the first to quickly criticise any project without even giving it a chance of survival.
spONE and his cohort, snow, whatever, hope u are reading this!!

Like I said in another post, I will join the bandwagon for Oshiomhole only if he performs - if Port Harcourt and Lagos can be rid of kidnappers so also can Benin. Any thing short of this, is just a smoke screen, period. So you got your work cut out for you. And gloating right now is premature - let's just see if these militants/criminals stop kidnapping innocent citizens of Edo state, or anywhere else for that matter.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by baslone: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2009
Nigerian Police!!!  grin  grin

It won't work. Just some months back The PUNCH wrote a story of
a man that went to report about activities of some suspected kidnappers
to the police. The alleged kidnappers were arrested and released after
money changed hands.

This same man that reported the case was invited for further investigation,he
was detained and later labelled a kidnapper. As usual the force denied
accepting bribe but according to the newspaper, the JTF said the man
had actually reported the activities to them before they directed him to
the police, so how could such a man become a kidnapper over night.

Anything Nigeria Police will not work.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by sley4life(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hope it can stand the test of time. How effective will this be. Edo is a rough state full of rigid human
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by sley4life(m): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2009
Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and other ND state should follow suit
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by donpaulo(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2009
edo swat team! ;d
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 10, 2009
sley4life:

Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and other ND state should follow suit

Yeah, But Police? If it were the Army I would agree but the police, I fear o! grin
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by udezue(m): 5:03am On Oct 10, 2009
good for them
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by toosoon(m): 10:00am On Oct 10, 2009
Install CCTV all over Edo state and crime will reduce drastically. grin grin grin
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by Janeesa: 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2009
[color=#990000]Why must we always have nagative thoughts and reactions to every damn thing. The squad has just come into being and have done nothing to deserve either praise or criticism. So why not you all critics be patient and allow them die before you burry them. HABA!!!!!!!! This is one thing i hate about the bulk of Nigerians. [/color]

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH, NIGERIANS MAN, LIKE WE ALWAYS HAVE TO CRITICIZE SOMETHING FIRST BEFORE WE ACTUALLY SEE THE RESULTS, MOST OF THE ONES WHO ARE CRITICIZING ARENT EVEN THE ONES "SUFFERING" IN NIGERIA SEEING AS THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE "COMFORTABLE" ABROAD ( YEA WITH ALL THE BILLS AND STRESS, U TELL ME HOW COMFORTABLE THAT IS)
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by posakosa(m): 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2009
Janeesa:

[color=#990000]Why must we always have nagative thoughts and reactions to every damn thing. The squad has just come into being and have done nothing to deserve either praise or criticism. So why not you all critics be patient and allow them die before you burry them. HABA!!!!!!!! This is one thing i hate about the bulk of Nigerians. [/color]

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH, NIGERIANS MAN, LIKE WE ALWAYS HAVE TO CRITICIZE SOMETHING FIRST BEFORE WE ACTUALLY SEE THE RESULTS, MOST OF THE ONES WHO ARE CRITICIZING ARENT EVEN THE ONES "SUFFERING" IN NIGERIA SEEING AS THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE "COMFORTABLE" ABROAD ( YEA WITH ALL THE BILLS AND STRESS, U TELL ME HOW COMFORTABLE THAT IS)

U're speaking as though u've been there. grin grin grin

Hope u're not still paying bills.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by emiwanlee(m): 5:35am On Oct 12, 2009
only kidnappers can kidnap kidnappers.Nigerian police cannot,they'll soon see
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by spoOne: 5:54am On Oct 12, 2009
too_soon:

Install CCTV all over Edo state and crime will reduce drastically. grin grin grin

Jokes apart, CCTV at strategic locations around Benin city may actually deter crime. . . but ofcourse, you'd need lighting as well.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by davidif: 6:30am On Oct 12, 2009
Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad

Finally, its about time. At least they are not depending on Abuja (fed. govt.) for everything. In Naija, everybody always needs to get something from Abuja to do something instead of taking initiative.

Now, having established it, they should make sure the squad is very well funded and the crew are very well trained like SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics).

$poOne:

Jokes apart, CCTV at strategic locations around Benin city may actually deter crime. . . but ofcourse, you'd need lighting as well.

he he he he
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by Nezan(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2009
This is a good development.
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by jude33084(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
Let me thank d guy that posted this topic because it is the one that concerns me alot.

We Nigerians always do something that make me to laugh,, why do we always shy away from the main truth?

we know the problem of a particular situation; instead of us fixing it directly, we always want to change the name.

Take for instance NEPA was changed to PHCN and the "problems" remain.

S.A.R.S. in Benin came up, followed by operation THUNDER STORM,, now anti kidnaping squard, all this is the same nigerian police. sad

why can't we just fix the police squad first and allow them to do their thing wink
Re: Edo Police Set Up Anti-kidnapping Squad by baslone: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2009
Here they come- so sharp sharp!! They have started
displaying kidnappers to pressmen!!! shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation / Nigerians Celebrate Emeritus Prof. Taiwo At 100! / Atiku To Go Back To Acn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.