Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,639 members, 7,854,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices (1537 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigeria Should Have Abstained From The UN Jerusalem Vote - ETimes / Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Disagree As President Says Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by ganisucks(f): 8:14am On Sep 14, 2016
A United Nations,
agency, Food and
Agricultural Organisation,
FAO, and private sector
institutions in the country
predicted, yesterday, that
inflationary pressures may
still be on the nation’s
economy through to the end
of the year, contrary to
some indicators, which
pointed to a waning cost-
push consumer price
increases.
National Bureau of Statistics,
NBS, is expected to release
the inflation rate for the
month of August 2016 on
September 15 (tomorrow),
based on the data calendar
on its website.
Details of the components of
July 2016 inflation reported
by NBS two weeks ago, had
shown that the month-on-
month (MoM) increase in
consumer price index (CPI)
fell for a second successive
month, indicating that the
sustained pressure on
prices experienced so far in
2016 might be dissipating.
But developments in global
food baskets and economy
analysts’ research point to a
continued pressure on prices
of goods and services.
Index from the FAO showed
that the Food Price Index,
FPI, increased in August to a
15-month high, up by 1.95
per cent, compared with July,
as most commodity prices
rose in August, led by dairy,
oils and sugar.
The value of the Index in
August is the highest since
May 2015. The FAO Dairy
Index rose by 8.63 per cent
from July as prices of
cheese, whole milk powder
and butter were on the
increase.
Also, research reports by
some financial institutions
indicate that this
development, coupled with
Nigeria’s peculiar economic
challenges, were still stoking
up price movements.
Consequently, analysts at
FSDH Merchant Bank Limited
foresee inflation rising
further to 17.7 per cent in
August, from 17.1 per cent
recorded in July.
They stated: “We expect the
August 2016 inflation rate
(year-on-year) to increase
further to 17.71% from
17.13% recorded in the month
of July 2016.
“We expect the increase to
come from increase in prices
of food items and other non-
food items as a result of
continued pressure on the
value of the Naira.
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/un-body-research-groups-predict-higher-prices/
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by Asuokaa: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2016
We are ready

1 Like

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by ganisucks(f): 8:18am On Sep 14, 2016
Nigerians have not seen suffering yet, and they are already complaining. In 2018 Buhari and his followers will see Shege

5 Likes

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by Officialkenshin(m): 8:25am On Sep 14, 2016
Bread already cost 500 naira from 300 here.

Maybe by then bread would around 1500.

2 Likes

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by Funlordjnr: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2016
grin

Let's go there! No be today we don start "suffering and smiling-ocracy"!

No shaking!
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by nnachukz(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2016
No hope in sight yet.
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by dunkem21(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2016
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by cckris: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2016
[size=20pt]Within 16 months Buhari has singlehandedly PLUNGED Nigeria's Economy into a RECESSION.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by nabiz(m): 9:55am On Sep 14, 2016
...how it take concern me? I beg make i run go buy food items com store for me and my family. VISITORS BE WARN! I no won see any visitor again for my house till 2020,

3 Likes

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2016
cckris:
[size=20pt]Within 16 months Buhari has singlehandedly PLUNGED Nigeria's Economy into a RECESSION.
[/size]

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by pilotab55(m): 11:42am On Sep 14, 2016
Buhari is a curse. Since the dullardino step in, nigeria has been for pains to suffering as the day pass.
God is not happy
gods of land is not happy
River niger dey vex
Earthquake
So many bad tins only in this cow administration
Ma pray me and ma household will nva experience this suffering name change. Amen

4 Likes

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 14, 2016
Useless government angry angry

4 Likes

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by kenny987(f): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
ganisucks:
Nigerians have not seen suffering yet, and they are already complaining. In 2018 Buhari and his followers will see Shege

Pleae o! VP Osunbade say we will see the change by that 2018. No try yasef o! grin

1 Like

Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by argon500: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
ganisucks:

And is that your prayer for your beloved country? Oh you mean you are expecting your people including your relatives to suffer just cos of your hatred for Buhari..

Bro, try and be positive for once.
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by Abeymills(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
Chai buhari y now?wat have we done 2 desrve dis?it's obvious u have no solution 2 our problem all we hear is blame n execuses corruption n change d only change we see is high increase in corruption nepotism job loss crime food stuff pls buhari quit
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by able20(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Keneking:
Useless government angry angry
Yes ,the day the 2 leading greedy Clowns signed the collabo to form apc, I knew Nigeria will never be the same again. ACN/CPC
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by steppin: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
What are we gonna do since the change is coming in 2018?
Maybe Nigerians should hibernate and wait till that time.
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by laribari(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: UN Says Nigeria Should Get Ready For Higher Prices by laribari(m): 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
ganisucks:

Babe i disagree with you on this one. Lets hope for the best and not allow some mumu oyinbo people to tell us our future because it lies on our hands.

The problem with Nigeria is that we are too party conscious but America isn't like this. The moment election is over, everyone should forget about party and work together to build the nation. Since Obama took over, did you guys ever hear any about democrat and republicans making noises and cursing like we do? When Goodluck was there, i'm sure some people were not happy too but there is no way he will be there forever because that is how life is.

Once election is over, what we should care about and see is Nigeria not PDP or APC. We must support whoever is there for NIGERIA SAKE and not condemn or wish him to fail, else we all failed as Nigerians.

Anyways, me nor blame anybody because Buhari sef refused to change. He has refused to stop looking backward (blaming past regime) instead of moving forward to stabilize Nigeria. Contrary to what many Nigerians think, buahari didn't create the problem we are in today but hasn't done anything to help solve it either.

My greatest disappointment is that he doesn't talk and nobody knows his plans. If he talks, perhaps we all can also see that thing (the vision) that he is seeing which makes him believe Nigeria will change, perhaps people will show a little faith in him.

so Mam' in the nutshell, if Nigeria sinks or suffers, all of us go see shege together.

Personally, if I have to grade Buhari so far, i will score him 10/100. However, i won't wish to him fail for Nigeria sake and i'm still hopeful that they have a plan in progress.

The 10% is only because he is not a push around either from any governor in terms of allocation or from senate.
according to reports, states owing FG got zero allocation because what they owe were deducted. Way to go!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Today Marks Nnamdi Kanu's One Year In Prison / "Buhari's Govt Is Of The Greedy, By The Greedy And For The Greedy" -dino Melaye / BREAKING: Senate Adjourns Plenary Session To Feb 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.