Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist (94093 Views)

Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports / 22 Strange Animals You Probably Didn’t Know Exist / 25 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Akodessewa Market, Togo

(http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/akodessewa-fetish-market)

Togo's capital city of Lomé is the birthplace of the largest Voodoo market in the world – a kind of super supply store for fetishes, charms and anything else one might need for a ritual. The Akodessewa Fetish Market, or Marche des Feticheurs, is a place where you can find anything from leopard heads and human skulls to Voodoo priests who bless and create fetishes or predict the future and make medicines to heal whatever ails you

Africans no dey carry last............. grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Total of how many places have i mentioned? Lets see who was really following....

29 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by chimbago(f): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
28 places. 2 more to goooo

17 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
the remaining two will drop it later cool
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Lordkylie(f): 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
creepy.. cc lalasticlala,mynd44 this sure deserves fp
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by kolaa007(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2016
Well if it does not make it to front page wetin man pikin go do?

Lordkylie:
creepy..
cc lalasticlala,mynd44 this sure deserves fp

2 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Eleniyan15: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2016
mo foor ooo

Fynestboi make we go Togo go do Ogun owo nah abi mynd44 make we go find cure for naija recession

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by obomobo: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
AyamConfidence:
Ayobo Lagos State....a very tiny town in the suburbs of Lagos that does not have any good road and can be assessed from different states ....I will upload pics of our bad road later
laffs, baba so u mean ur area should b on d list too

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by soberdrunk(m): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
I go comfortably sleep for all these places dream better dream sef! None of these places worse pass "standard" "original" Naija cell, nah Roosvelt hotel i go like sleep make that Merlyn abi nah merlin come, if she nor carry 'spiritual' bele then nor be my papa born mesad angry angry

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Abeyjide: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
op this is horror . not needed in this era

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by hUmaneOne: 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
PRIPYAT GHOST TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghost Town sounds Spoooky right? wont want to be lost here at night o!!!!!!!

The town of almost 50,000 was quickly evacuated in the aftermath of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster which was nearby. Visit their famed amusement park, and you’ll come back glowing!

The 50,000 residents of Pripyat - now a ghost town - were evacuated in a major government operation starting the day after the catastrophe, on April 27. Now more than 25 years after the city was emptied, it stands untouched from the day everyone left.

people with this our current economy he no go better make we relocate go there so?

You can read more on the ghost town here...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pripyat

After seeing this pripyat in call of duty modern warfare, I made up my mind to visit here someday.

Check out postcards from pripyat on Google.you'll cry

4 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by LEAFLET(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oga kontinue.. Stop guy!!
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Koolking(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Akodessewa Market, Togo

(http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/akodessewa-fetish-market)

Togo's capital city of Lomé is the birthplace of the largest Voodoo market in the world – a kind of super supply store for fetishes, charms and anything else one might need for a ritual. The Akodessewa Fetish Market, or Marche des Feticheurs, is a place where you can find anything from leopard heads and human skulls to Voodoo priests who bless and create fetishes or predict the future and make medicines to heal whatever ails you

Africans no dey carry last............. grin

This is the weirdest to me. Then togo is ultimately the poorest place in the world. What a feat for a place to attain.

Op, your piece is quite interesting read. They are history to be reckoned with.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by ademasta(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
OLUWA O
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by muller101(m): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
Can't find those places creepy. Except snake island. The rest na toy.
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by sarrki(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
EpicMaurice:

am seriously following...bumper to bumper
yes oooooo
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Harinholar(f): 1:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
ademasta:
OLUWA O
...... grin Ademasta of life

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by MrBONE2(m): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
CHAPEL OF BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The “Chapel of Bones” was built by a (super weird) monk in the 1500’s who decorated the building with the bones of an estimated 5,000 of his fellow monks. If that’s not creepy enough, two bodies hang from the ceiling, and one them is a child. Jesus would be proud

In addition to the thousands of human bones that decorate the chapel, two human mummies are found hanging from one of the walls. One of the corpses corresponds to an adult man and the other is a young child. Both are hung for the visitor to witness, chained to the same wall.
Although their identities remain unknown, apparently they were found together and then hung there. One legend has it that they were father and son and the son mistreated his mother, in an act of which the father was accomplice. When the mother was dying she is thought to have cursed them both, saying “May the earth of your graves not be destroyed!”
Another legend claims that the man was an adulterer and the child his sinful offspring. In the end, the only thing known for certain about the two bodies is that they have been hanging in the Chapel of Bones since the seventeenth century

bones of over 5000 people dam!! that's a lot ooo.....

Well at least the bones of all those dead people did not rot away it was used for something Good...

You can read more about it here....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capela_dos_Ossos
am hoping to locate there as soon as possible in order to obtain some BONES for my job. grin

Gyarbonka grin

3 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by golddust6000(m): 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Hill of crosses...
I have been here, it located in eastern Europe, AkA the poverty region.

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by twinskenny(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
Chei see snake meat
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
I love Paranormal stuffs too, I love to read about them, maybe cos I love horror movies

There's even one about Ghost Hunting duo Ed and Lorraine Warrein who assist people whose homes are tormented by ghosts

These are real life stories

5 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by ManTiger(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Why is Okija not on the list now? This is racism grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by DAVE5(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Roosevelt Hotel – Hollywood, Los Angeles

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hollywood_Roosevelt_Hotel)

Now this one is very interesting....

Montgomery Clift, stayed at the hotel for three months while rehearsing his role in the 1953 movie "From Here to Eternity." His ghost now allegedly haunts room #928 of the 9th floor of the hotel, playing a trumpet, and pacing the hallways while reciting his old lines

Marilyn Monroe has supposedly been seen several times in a full-length mirror, which was originally located in her poolside Suite 1200, where Marilyn often stayed. The mirror in which her image supposedly appears is now located next to the elevator on the lower level

There is also supposed to be a "cold spot" in the Blossom Ballroom at the same Roosevelt Hotel (the room where the very first Academy Awards ceremony was held), a circle about 30 inches in diameter and about 10 degrees colder than the rest of the ballroom

visit the Roosevelt Hotel in LA. The hotel was a staple of Old Hollywood, and Marilyn Monroe supposedly still visits her favorite room, Suite 1200

This matter tire me....would love those room that has ghost in them would move my whole family there and my whole generation....

no be only u e tire ohh, but from wat i see, those occurrences cld actually be faked, like the trumpet thingy and marilyn monroe thingy now jst 2 draw the interests of curious minds and u know the whole human race is curious... my opinion though

3 Likes

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Hanging Coffins !!!

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging_coffins)

Local tribes practice the custom of mounting their dead’s coffins on a cliff-face in hopes that they will be closer to heaven. And what a view!

Sagada, are predominantly reserved for Igorot elders with families, because it is believed that the younger generations will benefit spiritually from the success of the ‘burial.’ Family members may also wish to carry the corpse to its waiting coffin at the cliff edge in order to be contaminated by the bodily fluids which are thought to contain the talent and luck of their dead relative.

The question i am asking myself is how did they get those coffins there it must require a lot of hard work.....
Have watched the documentary before. The people combined their old religion with Catholicism.

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Kaybaba5(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
Educative...
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by Adex26(m): 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
XO XO EDUCATIVE........good job @ OP
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by justicejay(m): 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
soberdrunk:
I go comfortably sleep for all these places dream better dream sef! None of these places worse pass "standard" "original" Naija cell, nah Roosvelt hotel i go like sleep make that Merlyn abi nah merlin come, if she nor carry 'spiritual' bele then nor be my papa born mesad angry angry
Lolx but do you know that Japanese ghost don't smile too.

1 Like

Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by leospruce(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
kolaa007:
Ghost follower ke......

my guy no fear it's real but it's not close to you
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by oladipo322(m): 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
I dey follow u joor
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by dhebz2pon(m): 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Very educative

Snake island ke way I dey dream of banana island
Re: 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist by seenter84: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
Drop it now

kolaa007:
the remaining two will drop it later cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Last Moment Of Chika Ernest, The Pilot Of Helicopter That Crashed In Lagos / Traveling To Mexico General Enquiries / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.