Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) (40177 Views)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Fire Oubreak At Oriental Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos. See Photos / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2016
I have a friend who wants to venture into hotel and tourism management so he's making inquiries about these things

- a good place where he can get a good piece of land
- like how many square meters (size of the land)
- price range to expect when making purchases for the piece of land.
- he wants to have a hotel of say 40 - 45 rooms.

Now he's asking the total cost (land + construction + expenses to be made)

Estimates, like how much could he be letting down for this kind of project.

2 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Fadelex(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2016
gimakon:
I have a friend who wants to venture into hotel and tourism management so he's making inquiries about these things

the cost will vary, does he want a trademark design for all the hotels? he needs to get the plots in a strategic location first, then get an architect to design it. after this a quantity surveyor to prepare bill of quantities, then I can come in as a builder... pm me for further discussion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2016
If you are an Igbo, i advise you not to build it in lagos.
Go to Enugu, Owerri, Nnewi, Önitsha, Aba.
Take my advise and you will be glad you did.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by MAXIMAL123(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
masterpower:

Y?
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2016
masterpower:

Of course yes, that's what I even advised him. And he traveled with flight, first light today.

Any ideas? Estimates?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
Fadelex:

the cost will vary, does he want a trademark design for all the hotels? he needs to get the plots in a strategic location first, then get an architect to design it. after this a quantity surveyor to prepare bill of quantities, then I can come in as a builder... pm me for further discussion

What's the rough estimate? Can you give??
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Fadelex(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
gimakon:

What's the rough estimate? Can you give??
sorry, it cant be determined without a design

2 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by kesie: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
The best thing is to work with his budget. How does he want to invest in the project. Other things like the design land size and location can be planned in line with his budget. If he has anything above 100 million may achieve that 40 rooms with good finishes...

Am always ready for assistance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
gimakon:

Of course yes, that's what I even advised him. And he traveled with flight, first light today.

Any ideas? Estimates?

Yes but it depends on the city.

contact me when he chooses a city
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
MAXIMAL123:
Y?
Because a hurricane is coming.

24 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Durbaubal682: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by veekid(m): 6:38am On Sep 16, 2016
Here to read comments
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by seapson(m): 6:38am On Sep 16, 2016
u mean estimates b4 padding or after?

a padded budget is d best...

2 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Proffdada: 6:39am On Sep 16, 2016
Patience jonadunce may have a clue grin

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Ambi25: 6:39am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice question abt to build my too!
Become a quickteller paypoint agent and start making cool money! See how here=>http://www.nigeriacurrentaffair.com/2016/09/how-to-get-quickteller-paypoint-agent.html#more
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by SweetBoyFriend(m): 6:40am On Sep 16, 2016
I will never build a house or own a property in Lagos.
Lagos and New York are the worst and noisiest cities in the world

I love Abuja so much, cool and calm

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by muhakeem(m): 6:40am On Sep 16, 2016
Any amount, dependinq on how you want it to look like
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by dejonathan(f): 6:40am On Sep 16, 2016
Abegi Wetin Nairaland Don Turn To Dis Days?Ahahahaha See Question
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by beautiful232(f): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2016
that a whole lot of money
But let him firstly know the kind of hotel he want to put up
as for the land,when his done with the planing,he should let me know
So we go into the price of the land
#Asap

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by eleojo23: 6:41am On Sep 16, 2016
undecided
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Joel3(m): 6:43am On Sep 16, 2016
about 150-200 million will do for a small hotel
depending on it equipment and facility.

what matters is the amenities and hospitality. but a tourists hotel for foreigners would needs 1billiion and above. except for locals tourist 500 million.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by brightahia(m): 6:44am On Sep 16, 2016
lalastically, lemme book space

Nwanne, if u wan2 go into hotel biz den u hv to get a gud location in owerri but owerri is already filled with hotels wit names of alphabet from A-Z except u will start from numeric lyk 99• hotels

11 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Turks: 6:45am On Sep 16, 2016
A hotel built in lagos will cost Twice as much as it'll cost to build in the two other locations.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by rubochi(m): 6:45am On Sep 16, 2016
If he is looking at quick ROI he should build in Abuja. Here in Abuja somewhere around kubwa a 20 room three star hotel should cost like: 9000sqm commercial/hotel plot #150M + design approvals construction including a pool $85m + finishing #70 Million.

This is my estimate as an estimate surveyor and valuer

3 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

If your friend is makin his money in dollars he will spend thousands if its in Naira den he it will cost him millions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by harryjunior17(m): 6:48am On Sep 16, 2016
First of all ,u need to make contact with an architect and a QS, dey'll make preliminary cost estimate. from dis, u could know ur financial commitment/standing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by kingwill2050(m): 6:49am On Sep 16, 2016
As one with some years experience in the hospitality industry, I will always advice anyone to consider Asaba when investing in hotel business. Reasons being that, since there has not been any reasonable hospitality outfit in and around Onitsha, and beyond,and also, as Asaba has been playing the "peaceful" state slogan, it has consistently attracted tourists and fun seekers.

5 Likes

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2016
gimakon:

N300 million @Owerri

1 Like

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 16, 2016
Far too little information.
Has he even got land to build on?

A successful hotel will have to be located within well developed parts of the city.
Land in Lagos is at a premium, so that on its own is already at least a hundred

Consultants architect, structural engineer, m&e, qs, another 10 or more. This is not a bungalow, so you can't go the baba Mufu route

Approvals. Regulation is very big in Lagos, survey plan C of O, LASBCA, and the right person in lands to confirm its not govt acquisition etc

Foundation if it's swampy land, you re in for it
Building costs will depend on the quality of hotel. How many stars are you looking at? Hotel will cost another 200 to 300 million or more.

I am assuming it's a hotel proper, not a short time lodge, in which case you can throw all this out the window. Note that inflation means wild cost fluctuations.

You must also do your feasibility study. Some are telling you it must be in the east. How many high brow hotels are in the east and how are they doing? A hotel in a civil service state is a white elephant. Look at bayelsa .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by gist4kidsblog: 6:59am On Sep 16, 2016
Okay
Tell him to contact me for Rooftiles..
Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by ArcEmmanuel(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2016
pm me for a nice hotel designs.
Re: How Much To Build A Hotel In Nigeria (lagos, Anambara, Owerri) by eaglechild: 7:01am On Sep 16, 2016
"An hotel

The location in the individual city of choice will be the highest price determinant.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Sample Collection Of Tiles For Your Home / Governor Ishaku Commissions Uncompleted Housing Estate / 5 BEDROOM PANTHEON SMART DUPLEX + A POOL @ ORCHID BY CHEVRON LEKKI. CALL US NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.