Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

An Open Letter To Kenya National Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Kenya National Team (881 Views)

The True Problem With The National Team / Knrc-kenya National Rally Championship 2015 / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by babzyshe: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2009

Great Kenyans: On October 10, 2009, your National Football team otherwise known as the Harambee Stars will be going to battle with the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia. What is at stake is much more than a spot at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa or a spot at the 2010 Nations Cup in Angola. Your reputation. Your integrity. Your character. Your sovereignty as an independent nation is equally at stake.

I really do not have any doubt in my mind that you are equal to the task. I know you will match the Tunisians energy for energy and tactics for tactics. Please do not let the Tunisia do to you what they did to Nigeria on Nigerian soil.

You might wonder why I of all people - a Nigerian is writing this letter to you and urging you on in your forthcoming football match with Tunisia.

In the first place the Bible tells us to be our brother's keeper. Apart from this, going down the memory lane, you will recall that we were both colonised by the British. While Kenya got independence in December 1963, Nigeria got independence in October 1960. We actually have a lot in common. For example our economies are characterised by corruption and mismanagement. There is so much poverty in our land just like yours. From our antecedents of British colonisation, English Language is both our official language. Again while Kenya operates a semi-presidential system of Government, Nigeria operates a full Federal system of Government.

Your National Anthem Ee Mungu Nguvu Yetu which is translated to mean O God of all creation is coincidentally the beginning of the second stanza of Nigeria's National Anthem. From the foregoing, it is quite obvious that Nigerians and Kenyans have much in common. However, for today, the importance of my letter to you Kenyans is to encourage you to do everything legal within your means to match the ambitious Tunisians in your all-important match with them come this Saturday, October 10, 2009.

Nigeria is solidly behind you in this monumental task. We believe you can do it. Tame the Lions in their own den. You can do it. Remember Barack Obama - "Yes We can." You definitely can. Let the irrepressible spirit of Obama propel you to greater heights. Forget the fact that you lost the first leg narrowly in Kenya by 1-2 margin. This is the time to move forward. Forget the fact that the Tunisians came to Nigeria and also secured a 2-2 draw. We, Nigerians are not bothered by the Tunisia's bravado. We want other people to do our job for us. This is why we believe you can help us out of this tight position we have found ourselves.

Remember that we once sent our former Skipper, Chairman Christian Chukwu to handle your National football team. This is the time to compensate us for all that we have done for you. We are sure you will not disappoint us. We have actually walked this path before. You will remember that in the build up to 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup, Africa Qualifiers, Liberia was a three points ahead of us and it seemed we would not qualify for the World Cup until Ghana came to our rescue by bringing Liberia down 2-1 in Freetown.

The only time we failed to make it to the World Cup was in 2006 when we needed Rwanda to help us beat stubborn Angola, a task Rwanda could not accomplish.

We are actually sorry to bring this request to you doorsteps but do not forget that we are the giant of Africa and as such we carry a lot Africa's burden for countries like yours. We are in the forefront of Peace Keeping in war-torn Darfur. We are equally involved in quite a number of other humanitarian efforts across Africa and all over the world. In addition we have quite a number of pressing internal issues demanding urgent attention raging from militancy in the Niger Delta Region of the country to infrastructural development, unemployment and inflation.

Ola Morakinyo

Port Harcourt,

Rivers State

[url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/letters/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=091009&ptitle=An%20open%20letter%20to%20Kenyans[/url]
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by babzyshe: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2009
Na waa oh, dis one don pass me grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by azeeza(f): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2009
na 2day,the earliar we state preparing 4 nation cup the better 4 us.forget world cup. cool
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by freety(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
Even tunsia lose one of there match this super chiken and thier chief coach shaibu mumu we lose against Kenya ,
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by semid4lyfe(m): 2:00am On Oct 10, 2009
I laugh in swahili.
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by Dfash(m): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2009
quite PATRIOTIC OF YOU MR. POSTER!
PLEASE KEEP THAT PEN WITH WHICH WROTE THIS PIECE OF YOURS
'COS YOU WILL NEED IT AGAIN WHEN TUNISIANS FACE MOSAMBIQUE IN THEIR NEXT MATCH.
BUT THEN I LIKE YOUR WRITE-UP, DO YOU MIND GETTING AN ARTICLE PAGE IN COMPLETE SPORT OR soccer star! HOOK ME UP AFTER NIG vs MOSAMBIQUE for interview date.----(fumbleeagles@kenya.f***kup.ng)
keep it up broda!

UP NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by RuuDie(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2009
grin grin grin

MINT. . . . ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH. . . . . . oh, how i just wish the kenyans can read this - wonder how they'll react to it grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by sley4life(m): 5:00am On Oct 11, 2009
Rubbish. Who tell una say Tunisians never write to Kenya make them sell their match to them
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by bandely(m): 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2009
sley4life:

Rubbish. Who tell una say Tunisians never write to Kenya make them sell their match to them
lol!
Re: An Open Letter To Kenya National Team by Anabel(f): 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2009
sley4life:

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: From The Beginning! / Mario Balotelli Is Glad That I Am Dating His Sister" - Obafemi Martins / Breaking News: Fifa's Decision On Germany Vs Brazil Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.