Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria (23929 Views)

Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) / Paralympics: Nollywood Actress, Lauritta Onye, Wins Gold Medal / Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by Ramsonkayode(m): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
Flora Ugwunwa set another world record in the ladies' lance – F54 occasion yesterday at the Rio Paralympics to give Nigeria its seventh gold decoration.
Good News!!! Nigerian Paralympics Team Wins The 7th Gold Medal. She recorded a toss of 20.25 meters after six endeavors to win the gold decoration and take Nigeria's count to seven gold, two silver and one bronze awards.

South Africa's Ntombizanele Situ finished the African compass of the occasion's decorations by winning the bronze award with a hurl of 17.90m.

Source:http://www.urbangists.com/2016/09/good-news-nigerian-paralympics-team-wins-gold-medal.html

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by GoggleB(m): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
More gold coming..

TeamNigeria all the way

Igbo people representing

60 Likes

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by ouzo1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Weldon lads...we appreciate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by StephanieLuv(f): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
[size=15pt]Flora Ugwunwa[/size] set another world record in the ladies' lance – F54 occasion yesterday at the Rio Paralympics to give Nigeria its seventh gold decoration. Good News!!! Nigerian Paralympics Team Wins The 7th Gold Medal. She recorded a toss of 20.25 meters after six endeavors to win the gold decoration and take Nigeria's count to seven gold, two silver and one bronze awards.

IGBO Kwenu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proudly 5 percent, Igbo's rock lol grin grin grin

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by freshness2020: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Well-done Nne.
We are proud of you.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by kennyblaze007(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
My name is Ken and I am a Corp member serving at Enugu State..I am of d Batch B set of corpers to pass out next month..This is a plea to the Governor of Enugu to please pay us our four months state allowee... We corpers, know how bad the economy is and how it has affected the payrol of every States but we plead with the able Governor to pay us because we need the money to atleast cater for ourselves for the short period before we get a good job after NYSC..We the Batch B members are to pass this October but yet to get our four months state allowee..
Pls let share this till it gets to Enugu Governor's office...
Thank you Nairaland for this platform

48 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Okay
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by steppin: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Igbos repping. Ji si nu Ike.

38 Likes

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by Iamlordgee(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
I'm sharing this because it is thought-provoking..
"My Dear Nigerian Youths", by Prof. Isa.
I am very angry and that is why I am addressing
you.
You are the source of my anger and I want to
vent my spleen- maybe not at you directly- but at
the arrogance of your ignorance.
You sit in front of a computer and rant all day
through social media but with every click, you
make money - not for yourself - but for Mark
Zuckerberg (Facebook).
With every megabyte of data you spend
complaining and maligning, you make stupendous
bucks for Etisalat, Glo and Airtel.
Over the next two years, the number of Nigerian
millionaires will jump by 47% but most likely you
will not be among because you are too busy
whining and complaining. And yet about 60% of
Nigeria’s 170m population are below 35 years.
Oh, what a waste! By the way, Mark Zuckerberg
was 19 when he started Facebook.
Africa’s youngest billionaire, Ashish Thakkar, is
31. He escaped from the Rwandan genocide and
relocated to Uganda where he started an IT
business.
Collin Thornton, who made his millions by fixing
bad computers and setting up Dial-a-Nerd, is 35.
Adam Horowitz, an 18-year-old entrepreneur,
started 30 websites in 3 years before he became
successful.
The only thing you have ever started is an online
petition. Have you heard of Jason Njoku? He’s 33
and the founder of Iroko TV. He received $8m
investment into his company just a few years
ago. What he does? Sharing the same Nollywood
films that you spend hours to watch online. He
didn’t just hang around waiting for Buhari to
make something happen or blaming Jonathan for
not making anything happen.
Kamal Budhabhatti was deported from Kenya but
while on the flight, he thought of the
opportunities in Kenya. He found his way back
after 6 months and today his company is valued
at $30m. He’s 36.
Have you heard of Chinedu Echeruo? Apple just
paid $1b for his app. He’s a Nigerian like you and
all he did was attempt to fix a problem. But for
you, the only thing you attempt to fix are your
nails- and your hairdo! Chinedu moved to New
York in 1995 and found it difficult to navigate the
city with ease so he developed HopStop to fix
the problem.
Stop listing all the problems - we know them
already but what are you doing about them?
Awolowo was 37, Akintola was 36, Ahmadu Bello
was 36, Tafawa Balewa was 34, Okotie-Eboh was
27 and Enahoro was 27 at the time of
independence of Nigeria.
In 1966, the first coup was led by Kaduna
Nzeogwu (29) and stopped by Murtala
Mohammed (28), TY Danjuma (28), IBB (25),
Sanni Abacha (23) and Shehu Yar'adua (23).
It brought in Yakubu Gowon as Head of State at
32 and Olusegun Obasanjo at 29.
You are in your 40s and you still sag your
trousers.
Of course, you know Linda Ikeji. You’ve spent
hundreds of hours on her blog laughing and
commenting while she smiles her way to the
bank.
She’s just built a house for her father in the
village- just by you clicking on her gossip and
sharing.
Your day is not complete without a stop by at
her blog. She was as broke as you are but she
turned a hobby into a business.
Are you that void of understanding?
You think those politicians have any regard for
you?
That is why I referred to the arrogance of your
ignorance at the beginning of this diatribe.
You have a false estimation of yourself. You
have an over bloated ego.
You are only as good as an election ticket - pure
and simple. You are only good to be used and
discarded like a used ballot paper. Who keeps a
used ballot paper anyway? That is why they only
remember you every four years.

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by eleojo23: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by freesinzu(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
grin
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
Team Nigeria Won the 8th Gold Today..

Another day, another GOLD medal for Team Nigeria with Josephine Orji continuing the country’s impressive outing so far, breaking the World Record to win women’s +86kg Powerlifting at the Rio 2016 Paralympics.

It was a one-side show for Orji who was more or less competing against herself, completely dominating her other competitors to win with a WR mark of 156kg.

http://www.makingofchamps.com/2016/09/14/josephine-orji-breaks-world-record-win-nigerias-8th-gold-rio-paralympics/

10 Likes

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by beautiful232(f): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
wow..

1 Like

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
The people that said theirs ability in disability, they are not mad.

Wish you success in every of your other activities.

Now to, Nigerian government, would Nigerian government be able to take care of them monitrily as they are making Nigeria proud.

God bless you Flora

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by steppin: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
kennyblaze007:
My name is Ken and I am a Corp member serving at Enugu State..I am of d Batch B set of corpers to pass out next month..This is a plea to the Governor of Enugu to please pay us our four months state allowee... We corpers, know how bad the economy is and how it has affected the payrol of every States but we plead with the able Governor to pay us because we need the money to atleast cater for ourselves for the short period before we get a good job after NYSC..We the Batch B members are to pass this October but yet to get our four months state allowee..
Stop wasting your time here. Go to the governor's office and lay your complaint there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
kennyblaze007:
how e take concern this thread

3 Likes

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by crunchyg: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
Wow
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by deeLima86(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
One room apartment, fully tiled, running water, good road, close to major road, stable electricity. Location; Okeira  Bus stop. Ajah.

250k annually no agent wahala, direct contact. (08175522711)
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by CHANNELStv2020: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
NWA BIAFRA

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by evy1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
beautiful232:
wow..
cute pix
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by DaniDani(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
we igbos are talented and good at challenges.. we win for good, it's part of us. Great one Sis, Nigeria needs us more than we need them. the more they understand it, the better for her development

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by KayodeAjani: 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thanks 2 her Jare
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by Femiwilli: 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
Na IPOB person oh!

No wonder the west & north dey fight to keep the South-South & South-East,
without us they are HOPELESS! grin

mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid that Biafra will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by callmescandy: 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
Wow that's great!!

2 Likes

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by wezzyjasified(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
better n making Nigeria proud than able Olympians.. unfortunately, Nigeria govt no care or send them

1 Like

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by dhamstar(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by ebene4nija: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Good news HD movies is here
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by legendte(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Them for kukuma tell us say na only Igbos. This is the spirit of Igbos, even the disabled ones fight so hard to make a living instead of begging in the streets.

Truth be told, we are the face of Nigeria. Zik was the first, Ironsi was the first, Chioma Ajunwa was the first.

Click like if you are proud of being Nwa Afo IGBO.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by Flexherbal(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Congratulations to her.
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by charlesucheh(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thank you!!!

1 Like

Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by Ekuru: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thanks for making Nigeria proud again.

At least in the midst of recession, you've given us something to celebrate.
Re: Paralympics: Flora Ugwunwa Wins Gold Medal For Nigeria by noetic5: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All 32 Teams In 2019-20 UCL Group Stages Confirmed As Draw Takes Place On 29 Aug / England Approaches NFF Over Friendly With Super Eagles / I Know My Body Perfectly, Injury Can’t Hold Me Down – Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.