Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Please I Need Advise!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Advise!!! (5532 Views)

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) / See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister / Please I Need Advise On Taking Custody Of My Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Ishilove: 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
justwise:

you dey go church? grin not to protect woman legally..na to make sure d man die before the woman
Hian. Justwise a bia kwala ozo cheesy
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by justwise(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Hian. Justwise a bia kwala ozo cheesy

Na lie? How will you inherit your hubby's properties when he is still alive? A man will be quite happy to marry a poor woman for love while a woman examine the pocket first to protect her legally grin

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Ishilove: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
justwise:

Na lie? How will you inherit your hubby's properties when he is still alive? A man will be quite happy to marry a poor woman for love while a woman examine the pocket first to protect her legally grin
You sound like all these stingy Igbo men cheesy
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by justwise(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ishilove:

You sound like all these stingy Igbo men cheesy

Yea another name for a non-mugu
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by julioralph(m): 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ishilove:
Your boyfriend is a wise person. An elaborate wedding doesn't guarantee a successful marriage, case in point the 1980 wedding of Prince Charles and Diana. Over 1 billion people tuned in to watch the wedding ceremony, Lady Di wore a gown that cost the budget of a small country, world leaders attended etc

Today where are they? Charles is with Camilla and Di is 6ft under. The marriage had already broken down before she died sef.

My point is this: if your man wants a small wedding then compromise. Forget all these 'once in lifetime event so it must be elaborate' nonsense. Wedding and marriage are very different, and you should focus on the forever after, not one day owambe.
smiley kiss wink
Let me also add that God steps into a marriage the day brideprice is paid, the rest are just ceremony. Anyone who says God recognises only church wedding is dwelling in ignorance.

You can only imagine my shock the day my mum told me that in our hometown, once a woman's brideprice is paid she moves in with her husband. The wedding day is the day brideprice is paid and other traditional rites are performed. No elaborate ceremony or unnecessary noise making.

She says it is when she came to Lagos that she heard of 'traditional wedding and church wedding'.

My pastor always sounds it in our ears to get married traditionally and in court (to protect the woman legally). Leave church wedding because all that is just NOISE. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
justwise:

Yea another name for a non-mugu
So in other words if we were to get married tomorrow, you will force me to sign a pre-nup? angry
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ishilove:

So in other words if we were to get married tomorrow, you will force me to sign a pre-nup? angry

Yup.

Pre-nup does not necessarily mean that the wife will get nothing in case of divorce...it's about setting a level of raid inheritance grin

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by 1miccza: 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ishilove:
Your boyfriend is a wise person. An elaborate wedding doesn't guarantee a successful marriage, case in point the 1980 wedding of Prince Charles and Diana. Over 1 billion people tuned in to watch the wedding ceremony, Lady Di wore a gown that cost the budget of a small country, world leaders attended etc

Today where are they? Charles is with Camilla and Di is 6ft under. The marriage had already broken down before she died sef.

My point is this: if your man wants a small wedding then compromise. Forget all these 'once in lifetime event so it must be elaborate' nonsense. Wedding and marriage are very different, and you should focus on the forever after, not one day owambe.

Let me also add that God steps into a marriage the day brideprice is paid, the rest are just ceremony. Anyone who says God recognises only church wedding is dwelling in ignorance.

You can only imagine my shock the day my mum told me that in our hometown, once a woman's brideprice is paid she moves in with her husband. The wedding day is the day brideprice is paid and other traditional rites are performed. No elaborate ceremony or unnecessary noise making.

She says it is when she came to Lagos that she heard of 'traditional wedding and church wedding'.

My pastor always sounds it in our ears to get married traditionally and in court (to protect the woman legally). Leave church wedding because all that is just NOISE.
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by 1miccza: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ishilove:

My pastor always sounds it in our ears to get married traditionally and in court (to protect the woman legally). Leave church wedding because all that is just NOISE.

Chooiii!!!!!Ooooohh myy Godddd eee!!!!!!! Chiineekee nnam!! Dat isi pastoress ishi roovuu of riife!!! Nnaaa meehhhnn!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by achieverme(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Please send that your boyfriend my way,he is my kind of man wink

I can be ur kinda man too, u know wink kiss

As my good fortune would av it, u registered here on my birthday.

This can't be just mere coincidence.

There can only be a divine linking involved wink kiss

Why not let's get to find out if I'm is kinda man? wink kiss
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Miladi(f): 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
I like that your boyfriend!

My kinda man.

Permit me to introduce you to my brother. He's self-effacing like the character depicted in this story - the only difference is that he doesn't believe in stupid superstition like the character here.

If only you would tick boxes on his list of needs in a wife. Until I hear from you.

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Berbierklaus(f): 3:48am On Sep 17, 2016
achieverme:

I can be ur kinda man too, u know wink kiss
As my good fortune would av it, u registered here on my birthday.
This can't be just mere coincidence.
There can only be a divine linking involved wink kiss
Why not let's get to find out if I'm is kinda man? wink kiss
smiley
I don't think so
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Berbierklaus(f): 3:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Eaa247:

Then com to me u r my kind of lady!
After You get the oyinbo woman You want to use for greencard bro,for now,You ain't my kinda man grin
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by achieverme(m): 4:13am On Sep 17, 2016
Berbierklaus:

smiley

I don't think so

But u can't say for sure, can you?

Give a chance, lady.

It costs you nothing. wink
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by SlowlybtSurely: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2016
Miladi:

Permit me to introduce you to my brother. He's self-effacing like the character depicted in this story - the only difference is that he doesn't believe in stupid superstition like the character here.

If only you would tick boxes on his list of needs in a wife. Until I hear from you.

I don't mind.

However, let me ask papa Ejiro and Ejiro if they will be willing to share their wife and mother. wink grin

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Miladi(f): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

I don't mind.

However, let me ask papa Ejiro and Ejiro if they will be willing to share their wife and mother. wink grin

Mama Ejiro can never be polyandrous. Best wishes mama.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Berbierklaus(f): 9:11am On Sep 17, 2016
achieverme:

But u can't say for sure, can you?
Give a chance, lady.
It costs you nothing. wink
gringrin
Nah
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by achieverme(m): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2016
Berbierklaus:

gringrin

Nah

Are you taken?
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Berbierklaus(f): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2016
achieverme:

Are you taken?
Yes wink
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by achieverme(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Yes wink

By Jesus Christ?
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
Berbierklaus:

After You get the oyinbo woman You want to use for greencard bro,for now,You ain't my kinda man grin

I need the whites for my bizness deals. U for my other tins
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Berbierklaus(f): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
Eaa247:

I need the whites for my bizness deals. U for my other tins
cheesycheesy

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
steppin:

The guy might be hiding from an aggrieved ex and he doesn't want wahala on his wedding day.
The lady won't understand what some guys go through with their ex before they marry. Some of these women can go to any length to see that the wedding is stopped.
It might be the reason or it may not.

If the husband to be cannot share whatever he is running from (if any), doesn't it call to question the kind of marriage they are building?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
PresVA:
Why is everyone saying "big weddings don't guarantee successful marriage"? So do small weddings guarantee successful marriage? undecided undecided ..whether big or small wedding, what matters is that the two persons involved genuinely love each other...

What's parlour traditional marriage? I wouldn't want that too. . Not even a small wedding kinda but parlour wedding? That means everything will be done in a small room or what? Because he doesn't want to show off? Who says celebrating love means showing off? Wish me and my husband can be celebrating our anniversary yearly kiss kiss .
The main thing is not spending beyond your means and from what you wrote money isn't even the problem. .so?

Sorry, your fiance should consider your feelings too.. BOTH of you are involved in this, not just him ... Both of you should reach a peaceful agreement where they'll be mutual happiness/satisfaction..

However, in as much as I wouldn't want a "parlour wedding" , I wouldn't let the issue come between me and my partner especially if he's a good man...
I wish you the best Op..

Absolutely on point!

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by MariamAlheri: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
sweetheart12:

My boyfriend wants us to marry but he does not want a big wedding.
i asked him if it is because of the money involve but he said no, he is ready to give my family the money cash than do the wedding.
He insist we do a parlor traditional marriage, which my family will not accept and i do not want, he does not mind paying any amount for the bride price but he insist he does not want a big,noisy marriage. his family support a big wedding but he doesn't, and i have so much love for weddings, i have always dreamed of how my wedding day will look like,i just so loved weddings since its once in a life time stuff but my boyfriend condemns it and say he hate big weddings cos its like he is showing off, he says he is scared about the guest as he doesn't no who has evil mind or not. Right now he wants us to do only the registry, introduction and traditional marriage only. i am confuse here please. I NEED GOOD ADVISE.....WHAT SHOULD I DO
Exactly d kind of knots-tying I've in mind. Babe, ur fiance is bae joooooor!
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Nobody: 4:56am On Sep 18, 2016
Berbierklaus:
cheesycheesy
Babe! Come unto me nd I will giv thee rest! Pls come!!!
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by jacy67(f): 5:04am On Sep 18, 2016
The most important thing is a successful marriage not a glamorous wedding.
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Lovelynature(m): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
MariamAlheri:

Exactly d kind of knots-tying I've in mind. Babe, ur fiance is bae joooooor!
How are you doing Mariam?
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by MariamAlheri: 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Lovelynature:
How are you doing Mariam?
I'm fine tank u sir, and u?
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Lovelynature(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
MariamAlheri:

I'm fine tank u sir, and u?
Just doing great

Ya garin da jin dadi?
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by MariamAlheri: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
Lovelynature:
Just doing great
Ya garin da jin dadi?
lafia lau...not Hausa tho but if u teach me, I'll gladly learn. happy Sunday ko.
Re: Please I Need Advise!!! by Lovelynature(m): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
MariamAlheri:

lafia lau...not Hausa tho but if u teach me, I'll gladly learn. happy Sunday ko.
lol... Me ma dey learn the language

But we can teach each other if you don't mind.

But your moniker sounds Hausa. Seems you have huge love for the language cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Should Husbands Pay Their Stay At Home Wives Salary?" - Lady Lists Reasons Why / Do Women Like The Sight Of Another Woman's Breasts? / My Neighbors Wife Is Hitting On Me, Again. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.