Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State (25078 Views)

Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports / Things You Did Not Know You Could Do In Lagos / 25 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by fiftynaira(m): 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
W
A
R

S
T
A
R
T
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by ourkobo: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
you forgot to add.
It is also occupied by afonjas.. aka oil soup

#bounce outta tread

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by islandmoon: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ogun state girls are known for marrying 4husbands apaprt from the one from Ilaro and Ayetoro, the egbas like divorce like fried chicken , egba women like building their own house and always reserving rooms for their female daughters, 90 % of them are divorced quote me anywhere, its a kind of business for them
My mom warned me severally.
jaymejate:
In late Dagrin's voice #i be omo Ogun. Akogun.
But my mom tok say make i no marry Ogun state girl, i no know why.
Omo Ogun, Ise Ya!!!

Lalasticlala come visit us someday o
Oga seun, i see you.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
MadCow1:
The Ritual Killing Capital of Nigeria..

.........where madcows are used for rituals
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Cletus77(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
stop hating!! Cos its true sha.never seen any good reason to prove it wrong! But i want to ask,, "is ogun waterside a lga in ogun,? cos we all know what the word"waterside" means and secondly Lagos state should watch out and be very alert with ogun state

oops you forgot to add something.... Watoff their long tribal marks?...... grin
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by arisekola77: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
Omo Ogun ise ya
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by ooshinibos: 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
does Ogun state have 24 hours electricity
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by forgiveness: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
islandmoon:
Ogun state girls are known for marrying 4husbands apaprt from the one from Ilaro and Ayetoro, the egbas like divorce like fried chicken

Ni bo ni e wo fo gbe ri ye he?
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by gozmok1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
They also av something with Kenya cool

So this thing you wrote make sense to you?
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by DozieInc(m): 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
zickyshey:
about 80% of Nigeria's entertainers hails from Ogun state!

What are even saying, try to Lai small small, Delta state alone has more entertainers than Ogun, Oyo, Ondo,Ekiti combined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Fidelismaria: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
rita25:
the OP forgot to add that their deity OGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the fact that most of their names in the state start with Ogun.i.e ogunmola..ogunshola...ogunlalasticlacla grin

most?

u must be high on cheap drug
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by afrokid(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
Proudly Ogun

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by DozieInc(m): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
DifferentBoy1:
We get university of education for Rivers state oh, why say only Ogun has that?

Help me ask them, Ignatius Ajuru Univ. of Education. Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by onedayatime(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Op forgot to add that ogun state was the first place money rituals was first perfomed

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by onedayatime(m): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
This Same State produced the first notorious thief in Nigeria, in OYENUSI

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by professore(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
I enjoyed the thread.
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Marvinspeed(m): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Closeness to Lagos you say?? The area close to lagos has no light and road. Its #offgrid

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by onedayatime(m): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
This same state na tun ni o, produced Nigeria number 1 problem in Olusegun Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Missmossy(f): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
The state of many intellectuals proudly Ogun cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by antispexish(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
Akinlekanwr:
Why is their economic quota tied with Lagos?
it's not easy to separate lagos from ogun.
where do you expect a transporter who shuttle between lagos and ogun to pay his tax returns, and there are tens of thousands of such transporters.
millions of people live in ogun and work in lagosome
hundreds of thousands live in lagos and work in ogun state.

remembered the days when I used to run accRoss the street during enrolmentAl sanitation. They cannot arrest you in the other compound cus it's ogun state and not lagos

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by ManTiger(m): 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
Why is Buruji Kasamu not on the list.
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by MadCow1: 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
oluole:

.........where madcows are used for rituals

Lol...

I don't think you know what you are saying. You can't even kill a MadCow for food na rituals you wan try.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by apollo13(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Asuokaa:
they like rituals
Imagine what u are saying? Pls tell us where u come from and lets compare oga
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by rita25(f): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
yes the drug is called OGUNWEED grin
Fidelismaria:

most?

u must be high on cheap drug

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
MadCow1:

Lol...

I don't think you know what you are saying. You can't even kill a MadCow for food na rituals you wan try.. grin grin

lol....but yu need to come to Douglas road here in Owerri and see how they are being killed for burial and marriage ceremonies.
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
MadCow1:

Lol...

lol....but you need to come to Douglas road here in Owerri and see how they are being killed for burial and marriage ceremonies.
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by 8BitGee(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
OP, see what you caused, they're already having heart attack. The others are packing their bags getting ready to go and hawk gala.

You'll soon start hearing "we developed Ogun state", "Ogun is nothing without us", "Ogun is no man's land", etc.

They complain about ritual, but na dem do am pass. They're in every corner looking for baba to do it for them.

Shior!

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by onedayatime(m): 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
8BitGee:
OP, see what you caused, they're already having heart attack. The others are packing their bags getting ready to go and hawk gala.

You'll soon start hearing "we developed Ogun state", "Ogun is nothing without us", "Ogun is no man's land", etc.

They complain about ritual, but na dem do am pass. They're in every corner looking for baba to do it for them.

Shior!
o po nu pupoju. didirin je tun ni e pelu. o je tun go mo ode to wa lara e tele.
abi wetin i say no be fact?

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by Reeberry: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
StephanieLuv:

Amen to that cheesy cheesy grin grin
Evil amen.
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by iberu001(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
Proudly Ogun State.100% grin grin wink smiley
Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by KINGwax007(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
MadCow1:

All Afonjas look alike to me..
yeah, i am not interested in your inability to discern, i was merely pointing out how foolish u sounded.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Ogun State by jokerphilics(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
onedayatime:
Op forgot to add that ogun state was the first place money rituals was first perfomed
U are there when the ritual is performed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"This Video Depicts The Daily Lagos Life. 2 Different Fights In 1 Minute" / Dollar Scarcity: Foreign Airlines Raise Fares By 100% / Photos Of Train Crash Recovery In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.