Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Product Of Africa Is A Thriller. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Product Of Africa Is A Thriller. (940 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / The Killer Is In My Net (A Thriller) / IFY - A Romantic Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Product Of Africa Is A Thriller. by Orikinla(m): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2006
Bisi Ojediran’s latest novel Product of Africa is going to be an international best-selling novel. 
Product of Africa is on the evils of human trafficking and girl-child prostitution plaguing Africa.

Quince books of London have just released the sixth novel of Ojediran in his thrilling adventures of the daredevil investigative journalist Peter Abel.  And Product of Africa is his first novel to be published outside Nigeria. 

The Managing Editor of Quince Books, Simon Mitchell had said:

“Bisi’s novel struck a chord with us at Quince from the first.  It has a charm, rarely found, which enables the reader to embrace a story of human trafficking, which is, of course, a most difficult subject but one, which should be brought to a wide audience.”

He added, “This story has the highest quality raw ingredients; a cracking, fast moving, gripping and highly topical book, written in a wonderfully relaxed style.  It takes you by the scruff of the neck and hurls you into the action.  Wonderful stuff, but like diamonds, very rare.  I think that my British readers are going to enjoy this Nigerian diamond very much indeed.”

Bisi wrote the blockbuster whilst on vacation in the UK.  And reviewers have rated Product of Africa his best novel so far.

“I thank God, that the sleepless nights in the London cold, where I began writing, and in Lagos have been worthwhile sacrifices”, Bisi Ojediran said. 

Product of Africa is a thriller.

(1) (Reply)

Cool Pics / 2009 Commonwealth Short Story Competition / A Reflective Critique Of My Critical Compatriots’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.