Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy (18505 Views)

Union Bank Takes On 3,000 Students On Financial Literacy / Interswitch Spak Science Competition To Resuscitate Nigeria’s Education System / FUTA Students Win National Mathematics Competition, To Represent Nigeria In Bulg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by megawax8: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The NSE or The Exchange) is pleased to announce the commencement of its 2016 edition of the NSE Essay Competition for students in Senior Secondary Schools in all states of the federation.

The topic for this year’s edition is “What is the biggest obstacle to saving and investing money and how can The Nigerian Stock Exchange help”.

To enter the competition which opened on Thursday, September 1, 2016 and closes on Friday, October 14, 2016, participants are required to email their typewritten entries, which should not be more than 1,000 words to essay@nse.com.ng. An online submission form is also available on www.nse.com.ng and the Nigerian Stock Exchange’s Facebook page.

This year’s competition which is sponsored by Access Bank, Rand Merchant Bank, and Dangote Foundation, will see the top three winners presented with equity investments, University scholarship funds and personal Laptops/tablets at the Awards ceremony in Novemb​er 2016. They will also be honoured with a Closing Gong ceremony. The schools of the top three winners will also be presented with trophies, Desktop Computers and Printers.

According to Mr. Bola Adeeko, Head, Corporate Services Division, NSE, improving financial literacy is important to the future of Nigeria. “Through the NSE Essay Competition, we are promoting financial literacy among young Nigerians, by encouraging them to learn how good financial decisions can better their lives now and in the future, and ultimately grow the economy. The competition serves as an essential platform to get the perspectives of our young ones on key challenges relating to financial literacy and inclusion in Nigeria”.

Since it began in year 2000, The NSE Essay Competition has inspired over 20,000 young people in over 2,500 secondary schools across Nigeria to showcase what they have learnt about the financial and capital markets. It provides an important opportunity for youths to engage in issues of importance to The Nigerian economy.

Mr. Olumide Orojimi, Head of Corporate Communications, NSE said, “at NSE, we are committed to helping people understand how to manage their financial resources. We take pride in investing in the lives of the next generation by empowering them with financial skills and knowledge”.

Orojimi noted that the impact of the competition is commendable as the Exchange continues to record increased number of participation and overall, high level of interest which has altogether created greater awareness of the dynamics of the stock exchange. “Our achievements are not lost on our stakeholders, as the NSE recently received the “Corporate Achievement Award to a Financial Institution” at the inaugural annual Financial Literacy Excellence (FILEX) Awards, for promoting financial literacy in Nigeria”.​

http://nse.com.ng/mediacenter/pressreleases/Pages/NSE-Opens-2016-Essay-Competition-to-Promote-Financial-Literacy.aspx

Let's encourage qualified Nairalander's or even their siblings to participate.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by yungmaestro(m): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
I knew I will be the first comment..I knew I would do it. As nairalanders would say FTC on point....
please how many likes for me..
#Young

11 Likes

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by CoCoLav(f): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
At least they are giving them something tangible.
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by CoCoLav(f): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by ibadanfinest(m): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nice. But is the topic not above the curriculum of our secondary school students. Even some graduates of accounting, finance and bus admin cannot really talk much on the topic without internet help

8 Likes

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by adekayo1234(m): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
My secondary school will be missing me right now cry

1 Like

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Decibel: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Winners of 2015 NSE competition are
Miss Chiamaka Loretta Nwajiaku from the Sacred Heart College, Apapa, Lagos, has won 1st prize in the 2015 NSE Essay Competition for Senior Secondary School Students. She emerged winner ahead of over 4,000 students across the country, winning N500,000 in scholarship fund for university education, N250,000 worth of equity investment and a laptop.​ She was also honoured with a Closing Gong ceremony. ​2015_Essay (18).JPG Miss Vivian Anekeof Government Day Secondary School, Gwagwalada, Abuja and Miss Kindness Jehu of All Saints College, Gombe emerged first and second runner up respectively.

The funniest part is that's they all girls. And the last girl is a house help who came in company of her Madam. smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by herzern(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
Niqeria will be qreat aqain!.....

QueenEKAMMA:
WOW! THAT'S NICE, HOW I WISH I'M A SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT.. I'M I THE FIRST TO COMMENT FOR THE FIRST TIME?

Villaqe qirl!!......
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by herzern(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2016

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by emmykk(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
instead of them to ask how a nation can go out of recession under His majesty MBuhari they are talking about loan and savings and how they can come in when MMM has answered that

1 Like

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by ibadanfinest(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Immaturity is when you type 'G' just to secure FTC. I am not just understanding it.

2 Likes

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Iamlordgee(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Skibo.. Wait are you kidding me.. Dangote put hand
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by QueenEKAMMA(f): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
WOW! THAT'S NICE, HOW I WISH I'M A SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT.. I'M I THE FIRST TO COMMENT FOR THE FIRST TIME?
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by oxfordempire: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ok continue
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by passyhansome(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
[b][/b]
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by passyhansome(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
HELPING US PRESERVE MMM

3 Likes

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by dino2006(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
That's good. Brings back fond memories from the 2005 edition. Frank Edoho anchored our awards ceremony then smiley
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Goddygee(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
As i knw knw wetin to type make i use this opportunity console My fellow Nigerians where they suffer all becose of oga presido whey no day sit down one place:

2 Likes

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
To those secondary school Nairaland teenagers (including truthspeaks)who would come here to unjustly quote me, kindly showcase your intelligence here. We will be here to celebrate your success.
This competition will accrue more respect,money and bragging rights to you than Mr. Nairaland.
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by vkeeshez(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
okay grin
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
anything Stock market doesn't interest me.
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by MsFaith: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
It requires critical thinking from the young lads. Sha nothing good comes so easy.
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
passyhansome:
HELPING US PRESERVE MMM

your advert though.

1 Like

Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Cutesexy1(f): 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ok
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Vicadonis(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
nice
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by QueenEKAMMA(f): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
WilliamXII:

My dear,
this is how we measure Internet Connectivity these days ooo.
Best regards.

grin grin grin grin
MY DEAR NO BE SMALL THING OOO....PLENTY PPL DEY SLEEP HERE OOO. LOL
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by Pavore9: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
For the youngies.
Re: NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy by AyLuxury(m): 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
great

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Boarding School Better Than Day School? What Are The Reasons / UNILAG Ranked 3rd Most Productive School In Africa In Educating Entrepreneurs / How To Spot A Womanizing Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.