Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos (26943 Views)

From Benin To Italy: Detailed Journey Of HustlingGirls Traveling To Italy(video) / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Inside Makoko: Danger And Ingenuity In The World's Biggest Floating Slum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by cardoctor(m): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks op. Its amazing how far we have come after 56 years of independence.

1 Like

Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by OmerianConsult: 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
God I thank you for my life.

Great job there Deturla. There is no country in the world where the government does it all. Our own have their hands full any way, as they are currently battling a situation that could be making them regret running for office. If you are passionate about it you can make it a SAVEMAKOKO or SAVEILAJE project. It will officially be a social enterprise (what they call NGO) that will seek to address specific problems of the people. While you will have to meet some of their basic needs such as food and clothing, take empowerment serious too so that they can learnt to stand on their feet and help themselves out. You can never feed them enough or forever. Share the vision, assemble a team and itemize the various steps such as registration, website, fund-raising etc. It has been proven that people and organizations are ready to help. Finally, be faithful in it; don't turn it to a business. I am ready to help out, contact me on Whatsapp 08132232989
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
mmsen:
OP is an irresponsible slowpoke for this entire episode.

One of the most foolish posts that I've seen on this forum and there have been a lot of them.

My question now is - why is this on the front page?
Attention seeker
Pls ignore
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by lightheart(m): 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
Smiling through the ruins!

Nice 1!

Those are illegal settlements and they should be demolished and the people should be relocated to a better environment they can afford to live in.. Its not fit for anyone to be living there..

Methinks it should first be relocating them, and then demolishing.

Me i'd say turn that place into a masterpiece of shelters for them.
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by Realhommie(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
Sphilip1:
Wow.. pls brother come to Warri, you will blow!! grin grin grin wink
Well, warri obviously has got one or two of the worst slums in naija but definitely better off than some other places..
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by ajepako(f): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigerians remain the happiest people on planet earth, despite what we have to content with ..

Look at the smile on the faces of those people despite the poverty and squalor they live with...

God bless Nigeria and its hardworking, enduring people..
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by FKO81(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
Millz404:
Chisos shocked
Mehn this life
God!
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
eeeewwww! people live there? shocked oh! sheet! you know? i can develop this place, but the nigerian Government need to give planning permission to build affordable houses for these folks, clean up the water build a borehole for clean water, schools and hospital but like i said the nigerian Government do not want to develop it they like it as it is, as long as is not them and their families who lives there
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by hero2000: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
kilokeys:
painful truth ... but the world has to see this too..

poverty is not a death sentence... below are pictures of the bajau tribe off the malaysian coast.. they are poor, live on water.. but my pple.. their waters arent polluted.. geez whats wrong with us in africa

Those pictures of Malaysian coastal settlement is surely not urban and the population is low. Almost every poor and over populated environment is dirty. Lagos slums may be some shades dirtier though.
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by wroskian(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
9jatatafo:

People living in these areas have very strong immune system and strong adaptive character. I
Hmmm...interesting.
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by DJEhimond(m): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
Good one bro.
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by DJEhimond(m): 8:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
mmsen:

One of the most foolish posts that I've seen on this forum and there have been a lot of them.

You see your life?
Why won't you see it as foolish when all you want is posts about snakes?
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by lilreese: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Be good
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by TerrorSquad147: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
deturla:

Yaaaay!!...Boss! Where have you been?

Yes Seriously! I was amazed when I learned this as well. Amazing life they live in Ilaje.

At less than a dollar a day, they strive so hard to live within their means. They are amazing people, trust me! They only need help and empowerment.
bros,you're so lucky that most of th prominent touts are dead, if not the title of your story would have been "how I was robbed and nearly killed in ilaje, bariga.
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by TerrorSquad147: 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
mmsen:

Bros why are you being miserable by the post?
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by emmanuelbrown26: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Op good morning, pls i will like to join in this kind of programme, its my joy to see myself in this awareness. How to reach u
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by ZiggyMr(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Kudos, my friend an insighting post u have there.....
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by deturla: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
ZiggyMr:
Kudos, my friend an insighting post u have there.....

Thank you Ziggy!
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by deturla: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
Op good morning, pls i will like to join in this kind of programme, its my joy to see myself in this awareness. How to reach u

Responded to your Pm already Sir.
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by sugarbeesmith(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
may God continue to bless u @ops for this....I have been on this vision to help out suppose kids in slum communities..seeing this keeps encouraging me...
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by sugarbeesmith(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
may God continue to bless u @ops for this....I have been on this vision to help out suppose kids in slum communities..seeing this keeps encouraging me...pls how can I reach u personally? contact or email
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by deturla: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
sugarbeesmith:
may God continue to bless u @ops for this....I have been on this vision to help out suppose kids in slum communities..sewing this keeps encouraging me...pls how can I reach u personally? contact or email

Hi Sugarbeesmith, you can reach us on 08067484109 or send an email to admin@deedeesblog.com

We are planning another trip before the end of the year. We can't wait to have you support us. Thanks a lot.

http://deedeesblog.com/about/
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by deturla: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by deturla: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
Misterdhee1:
I visited a place recently in lagos. Jakande or so? I was just amazed about the living conditions of the inhabitants. Water and dirts all over..The most amazing thing was that they seem to be really comfortable with the deplorable condition..It was a ridiculous experience

Please can you share the exact location?

Thanks
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by deturla: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
emsco:
Nice one. Can i be part ot your crew for any project. I do well with handling of DSLR video camera.

Please can you send a PM?
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by emsco(m): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2016
deturla:

Please can you send a PM?
the pm didn't go through.. Can you call or text me your me your no on this line 08131501631. I wil be expecting your response
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by Lordkylie(f): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2016
aww,awesome and inspiring work @deturla.I read through the thread and there was no negative/tribalistic comment apart from "you know who"up there.This is refreshing,perhaps there is still hope.
Re: The Journey Of A Photoblogger Into The Slum Of Ilaje-Bariga Lagos by deturla: 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lordkylie:
aww,awesome and inspiring work @deturla.I read through the thread and there was no negative/tribalistic comment apart from "you know who"up there.This is refreshing,perhaps there is still hope.

Thank you ma'am. smiley

Yes there is still hope, if all of us can work together to make the world a better place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria / Tanker Explodes At Ladipo Area In Lagos (Photos) / Truck Had Brake Failure, Crashes Into A Building At Iyana-isolo (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.