Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode (45202 Views)

Atiku Reacts To The Death Of 22 Students Who Crash On Their Way For Excursion / Bayo Omoboriowo Changes Twitter Bio To "Freelance Photographer" / Photos From Ambode's 53rd Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by jonhemma11: 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode donated N5 million to two students of the Lagos State College of Health Technology (LASCOHET) today, Thursday, September 15, 2016. The students – Sarunmi Oluwafemi and Dada Samuel designed a new technology for generating biogas through the treatment of animal waste.

The two beneficiaries were among the 422 successful graduates of the Ready, Set, Work (RSW) programme of the state government aimed at equipping graduates of tertiary institutions in the state with the necessary entrepreneurial skills.

The business idea involves the treatment of animal waste in order to generate biogas which can be used for domestic cooking, generation of electricity, among other purposes. It is also targeted at providing a potential substitute for the ever costly liquefied petroleum gas.

Speaking at the ceremony, the Governor reiterated his administration’s strong commitment to capacity building, entrepreneurship empowerment, and sustainable youth development. He added that the RSW initiative was one of the initiatives targeted at youth empowerment in the state and vowed to increase the number of students in the pilot scheme of the RSW programme from 500 in 2016 to 1000 in 2017.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/students-who-discovered-new-bio-gas.html

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Ritchiee: 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
jonhemma11:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode donated N5 million to two students of the Lagos State College of Health Technology (LASCOHET) today, Thursday, September 15, 2016. The students – Sarunmi Oluwafemi and Dada Samuel designed a new technology for generating biogas through the treatment of animal waste.

The two beneficiaries were among the 422 successful graduates of the Ready, Set, Work (RSW) programme of the state government aimed at equipping graduates of tertiary institutions in the state with the necessary entrepreneurial skills.

The business idea involves the treatment of animal waste in order to generate biogas which can be used for domestic cooking, generation of electricity, among other purposes. It is also targeted at providing a potential substitute for the ever costly liquefied petroleum gas.

Speaking at the ceremony, the Governor reiterated his administration’s strong commitment to capacity building, entrepreneurship empowerment, and sustainable youth development. He added that the RSW initiative was one of the initiatives targeted at youth empowerment in the state and vowed to increase the number of students in the pilot scheme of the RSW programme from 500 in 2016 to 1000 in 2017.

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/students-who-discovered-new-bio-gas.html

Big ups for Ambode for supporting technology.Other governors should emulate him.I even read today that a firm in Ibadan is also producing kerosine,alum etc from plastic wastes.Technology is the key.BIG UPS TO NIGERIAN TECH TEAM.

70 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by gen2briz(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
God bless Amode

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by ammyluv2002(f): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Very nice

6 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by idensko(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ritchiee:

Big ups for Ambode for supporting technology.Other governors should emulate him.I even read today that a firm in Ibadan is also producing kerosine,alum etc from plastic wastes.Technology is the key.BIG UPS TO NIGERIAN TECH TEAM.

Aluminum
And kerosine from plastic waste?

That will be 9th wonders of the world

After buhari.

Basic chemistry will tell you that it is impossible

70 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by babyfaceafrica: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
God bless Lagos state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by mrvitalis(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
idensko:

Aluminum

After buhari.

Am sure they meant kerosene from plastic and alum... Which is chemically possible.. . Nigeria press are really reporting what the masses want to hear I stead of the truth

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by seapson(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
I blame Buhari
Azord:
HOPE NOTHING.
YOU ARE TOTALLY OFF POINT.
OR U JUST WANT ATTENTION.

HERE IT COMES
*yinmu*..over sabi dey worry u...I too know

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by papparatzzi2013: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
idensko:

Aluminum

After buhari.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/09/15/ecstasy-in-ibadan-as-institute-exhibits-diesel-kerosene-produced-from-plastics/

Read it up. This is revolutionary.

11 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Iamlordgee(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good people are still in the land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by gurunlocker: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
I can only see 600k and 1m

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Big ups
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by misscall247: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good one not all dis prof dat boss wit Dia thesis......bt Neva produce anytin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by nNEOo(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
And am here writing codes for my dead mum, waw God pls help my coding career

5 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Princelegacylemoha(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nice

3 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by gisco200(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nice one my governor keep it up

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Daniel058(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
great guys , i hope it will be working well make corruption no cease am
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by iceberryose(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Develop This!!

3 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
May God help talented people o. Common biogas 5M that i play with the design on my daily.

God dey..Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by edlion57(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
WHAT I'M SEEING IS 600,000 and 1,000,000

2 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by blingxx(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
am here to check names grin

5 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by mosho2good: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
this is wat our government should be doing instead of stealing our money

2 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by callmescandy: 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hmmm thank God for them it's a nice thing and kudos to me Ambrose fr encouraging dem

But I am not hating but those things ain't new inventions they are burned out gas present in waste nylon, rubber and any plastic and other component added with other gases you get what you want the steps in doing dem are online and in the library so it isn't something new!!

Kudos to them shaaa just speaking base on my field of study as a chemical engineer!! Nd still studying thanks

6 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by dayjee: 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good....

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by EpicMaurice(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
If only other leaders would emulate this act of ambode.

This is what the ministry of science and tech should invest in and not manufacturing of pencils

2 Likes

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by kennyjam: 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nice one. God bless and see you guys through.

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by shamecurls(m): 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good one!

And some people still be discovering ways of smuggling drugs to Indonesia knowing fully well they will get executed if caught.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nice seeing governors that values knowledge
Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by tdayof(m): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
Congrats mates. Innovation above all

1 Like

Re: LASCOHET Students Who Discovered Bio-Gas Technology Get N5m Grant From Ambode by nextstep(m): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
Thumbs up! Let's make it happen.

Name checks also performed... I'm from a different part of the country, but am extremely proud of them and wish them nothing but the best! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omisore Eating Guguru (Popcorn) In Market Square / Power Supply Suspended As FG Discussed Twitter Suspension With Envoys / Bukola Saraki Confirms That He Now Has Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.