Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,337 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? (12684 Views)

Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) / Some Mistakes Made By Those Who Fasts Ramadan And Perform Nightly Prayers 1 / In The Mosque This Morning, After Morning Prayers, Something Happened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
truthmans2012:

What research does an innocent person who is deceived do? From what we read about Muhammad, how could anyone know them and still believe he is prophet of God?

If Jesus meant violence for this world, we Christians would have been doing like you muslims, killing and terrorizing the people.

And who told you christians have not being killing and terrorizing people, starting from christianity history on crusade was very bloody.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
tintingz:
And who told you christians have not being killing and terrorizing people, starting from christianity history on crusade was very bloody.

They had internal conflict, they weren't going killing unbelievers.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
truthmans2012:

What research does an innocent person who is deceived do? From what we read about Muhammad, how could anyone know them and still believe he is prophet of God?
If Jesus meant violence for this world, we Christians would have been doing like you muslims, killing and terrorizing the people.
Let's agree they didn't do a research.
Let's agree they were deceived.

So, what would have been their alternative?
Christianity?
The same Christianity that shoots itself in the leg while trying to prove its the way?
Nah.
Astagfirulah, i'd rather die a kafr than being a christian.
(Astagfirulah).

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
truthmans2012:

They had internal conflict, they weren't going killing unbelievers.

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Keep deluding yourself.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by masseratti: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2016
tintingz:
You say all these lies on our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SA) yet people still convert to Islam daily.

Mister go find other things to say, its getting boring.

Which jihad? Do you even know what jihad means?

I have studied Nigeria history and what you claim is false instead the Christian white folks took our forefathers as slaves.and false them to believe in a blonde hair Jesus with blue eyes.

Hear what Jesus also say;
[Luke 19:27] But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
you studied Nigerian history and you missed usthman Dan fodio.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by true2god: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2016
The shia pray 3 times instead of 5. Does that mean that Allah might still reduce it to 2 or 1 or cancel islamic prayer altogether?
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 10:14am On Sep 17, 2016
true2god:
The shia pray 3 times instead of 5. Does that mean that Allah might still reduce it to 2 or 1 or cancel islamic prayer altogether?

Some Christians pray to Mary.
Some wear white garment.
Some do not clone their eyes while praying.
Some don't belive in marriage.
Some don't believe in Christmas.

Does that mean your god might still change his mind on all what's going to happen to them?

4 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by true2god: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Islamic prayer was actually a formal gathering by Mohammed and his sahabas to make it easier for them to converge for war. That is why muslims can put their AK47 riffle by their side and pray then resume war immediately after prayers.

Mohammed is one of the most brilliant war strategist in history, he conceived the idea of barracks during his time. The mosque is like a barracks, said the Turkish president Erdogan, while Muslims are the soldiers of Allah. The periodics gatherings at the prophet's mosque in Medina helped the Muslims prepare and plan their war against the kafirs.

In most Muslim countries, war plans are made in the mosque. Most riots and protest in the Muslim world take place immediately after Friday prayers at the mosques hence showing the significance of Islamic prayers on the larger society. In Saudi Arabia, all Islamic clerics are on govt pay roll, this is to ensure that the imams and sheiks do not incite people from the mosque.

So the Islamic multiple prayers at the time of Mohammed is to ensure that all soldiers are together in preparation for attacks against the kafirs.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by true2god: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2016
Perhaps:

Some wear white garment.

Does that mean your god might still change his mind on all what's going to happen to them?
The OP quoted an hadith where Mohammed allegedly got an instruction from Moses to reduce the frequency of prayer to 5 from the initial 50. Quote a Christian source where Jesus talked about prayer then I will lecture you.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by mustymatic(m): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
Perhaps:

Seriously?
Please, where is this coming from?

What book or reference do you have for this?

Seriously?

How stupid can some people be?
They can be so stupid... that's why they have a growing number of atheists tormenting them

3 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
true2god:
Islamic prayer was actually a formal gathering by Mohammed and his sahabas to make it easier for them to converge for war. That is why muslims can put their AK47 riffle by their side and pray then resume war immediately after prayers.

Mohammed is one of the most brilliant war strategist in history, he conceived the idea of barracks during his time. The mosque is like a barracks, said the Turkish president Erdogan, while Muslims are the soldiers of Allah h. The periodics gatherings at the prophet's mosque in Medina helped the Muslims prepare and plan their war against the kafirs.

In most Muslim countries, war plans are made in the mosque. Most riots and protest in the Muslim world take place immediately after Friday prayers at the mosques hence showing the significance of Islamic prayers on the larger society. In Saudi Arabia, all Islamic clerics are on govt pay roll, this is to ensure that the imams and sheiks do not incite people from the mosque.

So the Islamic multiple prayers at the time of Mohammed is to ensure that all soldiers are together in preparation for attacks against the kafirs.

Soo revealing!!!

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Perhaps:

Some wear white garment.

Those are ordinances of men. God didn't talk about them.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
true2god:
The OP quoted an hadith where Mohammed allegedly got an instruction from Moses to reduce the frequency of prayer to 5 from the initial 50. Quote a Christian source where Jesus talked about prayer then I will lecture you.

Why not try explain the Bible passages I quoted to the OP?
Why not explain to us why Moses was able to change God's mind so many times in your Bible?

Oh. Yeah. It's the Old Testament.

However, don't forget this.

The Old Testament God is the same as your new God.

So, please, do explain to me why Moses was able to do those.

4 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

And God apparently spoke about your own denomination, abi?

Brother Truthman, you still haven't answered my original question.

Why was Moses able to change God's mind?

More than once, it happened in the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by mustymatic(m): 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

Do you believe Jesus to be the god of the old testament or not?

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
true2god:

Mohammed is one of the most brilliant war strategist in history, he conceived the idea of barracks during his time. The mosque is like a barracks, said the Turkish president Erdogan, while Muslims are the soldiers of Allah. The periodics gatherings at the prophet's mosque in Medina helped the Muslims prepare and plan their war against the kafirs.

Here we go again with the delusion.

You bring up a point.
Someone refutes it and then you go into this long epiphany of who did what and what was what.

To your poorly constructed statement,

If you have noticed anything about my posts, everything I have said have been quoted from your Bible.
Nowhere else.

So, for me or anyone to take you seriously, please, do try to quote (I'm giving you the choice) a reference from either the Quran, Hadith or any other book used in Islam that portray what you said.

I mean, you obviously seem to know what you're talking about very well.
If that's true, enlighten us.
Tell us more.. Show us books, proofs where you got your facts.

Or better still, let's forget bringing up a source.

Let's analyze what you wrote up there.

Now according to you, the Prophet introduced salah as a formal gathering for war.
Now, if that's true, please do answer the questions below for please :

1. What army general in his right senses would have 5 meetings with his soldiers daily?
I mean, let's be realistic.

2. So, if solah is a gathering for army meetings, what happened to nafilah(s) that are made personally?
Who are the soldiers having a meeting with while making nafilahs?

Please, do answer these questions.

It's usually grossly illitrate people like you that tend to mislead the populace.
What do you mean by this :

How much more illogical can you get?

Riots take place on Fridays?

LOL. Did you even read that before typing it?

Oga, next time you want to come and paste from a site, just drop the link to that site.

We will go and rebuke them there.

You're not worth talking to.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
mustymatic:

Do you believe Jesus to be the god of the old testament or not?

Firstly, we do not have god but God. Your Quran recognizes the God of the Bible as God and not god. Understand?

There are dispensations in the Bible. The Old Testament is the dispensation of the Father, while the New Testament when Jesus was alive in the physical is the dispensation of the Son and now is the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said if he didn't go the Holy Spirit would not come, which means one came to replace the other.

Remember the Book of Genesis was written many years before Jesus came yet, we are told in Genesis that God said "Let's Us create man in our own image and after Our likeness . Doesn't this suggest anything to you?
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by ShiaMuslim: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
true2god:
The shia pray 3 times instead of 5. Does that mean that allahh might still reduce it to 2 or 1 or cancel islamic prayer altogether?

Oga, we pray five prayers in three periods of time. In the Quran the day is divided into three periods (in Surah al Israa).

The five prayers are the same for both Sunni and Shia. Same number of units for each. We simply pray the noon and afternoon prayers right after each other; and the sunset and night prayers right after each other.

There's no harm in spacing them as Sunnis do either.

We pray five times, we pray five prayers but we space them differently. The timings are different.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

Firstly, we do not have god but God. Your Quran recognizes the God of the Bible as God and not god. Understand?
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Did you even read the above text?
Please oooo, do mention what part of the Quran the god in your book was referred to as a God and not a god for me.
LOL. Abi, when did Quran start using capitalization?

There are dispensations in the Bible. The Old Testament is the dispensation of the Father, while the New Testament when Jesus was alive in the physical is the dispensation of the Son and now is the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said if he didn't go the Holy Spirit would not come, which means one came to replace the other.

Oga, stop using words you don't know the meaning of.
Dispensation ko. Dispenser ni.
How do you people even wrap this around your head?
You claim your gods are 1.
And apparently, according to you now, they all chose different times to rule and or speak in the Bible.
The Father(URL fada) chose The old Testament, his bastard son(isn't he?) chose the new Testament and the lucky bastard who slept(or what word did your book use again) with an innocent woman chose Now?

I mean, how fundamentally putrid can your line of thinking be. One person divided himself into 3 and decided when each one of those 3 divisions would appear.
Your god is one and 3 at the same time..

LOL. Wait.
LOL. You think you're smart shey.
So, as not to attribute the old testament shit to Jesus, your purposely left the Father's name as the dispenser(Sorry dispensation) in your Old testament.

Oga, u don finish yourself.
You nor get anything sensible to talk again.
Go and check your usual websites and come back with new contents to attack Islam with jare.

Oh. By the way,i heard you're a man of over 30 years.
Wow.
If it's true,
I'm really really really ashamed of you.

You shouldn't be showing little kids like me your delusion online.
I mean, you didn't learn anything while growing up ni?

Remember the Book of Genesis was written many years before Jesus came yet, we are told in Genesis that God said "Let's Us create man in our own image and after Our likeness . Doesn't this suggest anything to you?

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make here.

You're probably getting too old for this so I'd forgive you for slipping.

4 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
Perhaps:

Please oooo, do mention what part of the Quran the god in your book was referred to as a God and not a god for me.

And apparently, according to you now, they all chose different times to rule and or speak in the Bible.
The Father(URL fada) chose The old Testament, his bastard son(isn't he?) chose the new Testament and the lucky bastard who slept(or what word did your book use again) with an innocent woman chose Now?

I mean, how fundamentally putrid can your line of thinking be. One person divided himself into 3 and decided when each one of those 3 divisions would appear.

LOL. Wait.
So, as not to attribute the old testament shit to Jesus, your purposely left the Father's name as the dispenser(Sorry dispensation) in your Old testament.

Go and check your usual websites and come back with new contents to attack Islam with jare.

Wow.
If it's true,

I know you won't understand. Spiritual things are for the spiritual minds.

Let's face front, treat the subject of the thread.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
Is islamic solat prayer per se ?

Prayer is supposed to be supplication i. e making request from God. But muslims'prayer is mandatory. Do you make request by force?
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2016
Perhaps:

Let's agree they didn't do a research.
Let's agree they were deceived.

So, what would have been their alternative?
Christianity?
The same Christianity that shoots itself in the leg while trying to prove its the way?
Nah.
Astagfirulah, i'd rather die a kafr than being a christian.
(Astagfirulah).

It seems you hate your own soul. Islam leads to hell and the quran confirms it.

Anyway, God is not interested in your religion but your relationship with Him, but must be through Jesus Christ. Being a Christian does not guarantee automatic entry to heaven but the Quran confirms automatic entry to hell for all muslims. What a pity.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by masseratti: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
Perhaps:

LOL. Wait.

Wow.
If it's true,

please take a chill pill,seems most Muslims do not understand the principle of trinity its the father son And holy ghost, that said,Jesus is not God ,God is God,Jesus is part of Trinity, God is eternal ,Jesus his son,holy ghost is force God use to act,Trinity is like a government you have the executive God president, you have the legislative side Jesus the prime minister or senate president/speaker that's why we call him son of God and you have the law the holy Ghost that is a force of action/law that's the principle of trinity, you re right tho many xtuams take Jesus for God and its wrong, when you are ready,we shall dissect Islam for u,cheers.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

I know you won't understand. Spiritual things are for the spiritual minds.

Let's face front, treat the subject of the thread.

LOL. Spiritual things are for spiritual minds.

If spiritualism is anything to go by, you'd be the least spiritual Christian i'd ever met in my life.

Besides, Stupid things are for stupid minds too so I fail to see your point.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Seun(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
If they had reduced it to 1 or 2 daily prayers, Islam would have done much better. The burden of having to pray 5 times a day is just too much.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:
Is islamic solat prayer per se ?

Prayer is supposed to be supplication i. e making request from God. But muslims'prayer is mandatory. Do you make request by force?

Please, can you go through everything muslims do during sollah and translate them to English please?

So , after going through that, do tell me what part doesn't translate as a prayer in secular English.

Prayer is a pillar of Islam.
You're only just a flashy muslim if you call yourself a Muslim and do not observe sollah.

So, you've got a choice, be a great Muslim and perform your sollah, or be well, a fake Muslim and face Allah, on the say of judgment.

No, one is forcing anyone to pray.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

It seems you hate your own soul. Islam leads to hell and the quran confirms it.

Anyway, God is not interested in your religion but your relationship with Him, but must be through Jesus Christ. Being a Christian does not guarantee automatic entry to heaven but the Quran confirms automatic entry to hell for all muslims. What a pity.

I'm not even going to react to your first sentence.
It sounds way too stupid and youl-like for me to touch.

1. Now, masserati, down there said Jesus is not God. Do you believe that?

2. You so very much loves bringing very old, very dead issues.
The whole issue of the Quran confirming entry into hell has been dealt with by son many people in so many threads before.

Stop recycling garbage.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
Seun:
If they had reduced it to 1 or 2 daily prayers, Islam would have done much better. The burden of having to pray 5 times a day is just too much.

Hello Seun,
Now if we ignore every other one of the very many importance of sollah, one I'd very much like to point out is remembrance.
So, as Muslims, I'm enjoined to remember Allah SWT in every time.

So, I can't over emphasize how much not of a burden praying 5 times is for me and other Muslims.

But that won't convince you.

We both know that.

It won't convince anyone.

Another thing I'd like you to look at is the timing of the sollah.

Putting remembrance at the back your mind, note that Muslims pray/remember Allah :

1. In the early morning.

2. Afternoon.

3. In the evening.

4. When night falls in.

5. Deep at night.

So, if anything, we're trying to appreciate and remember Allah through each very important moment of the day.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Seun(m): 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
Perhaps:
1. In the early morning.

2. Afternoon.

3. In the evening.

4. When night falls in.

5. Deep at night.
At least 2 - 3 of those prayers fall within working hours. And muslim prayers are so elaborate; they require special rooms with prayer mats and kettles of water for cleaning. That means employed muslims must be given permission to leave their offices 2 - 3 times daily just to pray.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
masseratti:
please take a chill pill,seems most Muslims do not understand the principle of trinity its the father son And holy ghost, that said,Jesus is not God ,God is God,Jesus is part of Trinity, God is eternal ,Jesus his son,holy ghost is force God use to act,Trinity is like a government you have the executive God president, you have the legislative side Jesus the prime minister or senate president/speaker that's why we call him son of God and you have the law the holy Ghost that is a force of action/law that's the principle of trinity, you re right tho many xtuams take Jesus for God and its wrong, when you are ready,we shall dissect Islam for u,cheers.

Hello masserati(I like your name wink ).

I'm not going to say much about the first part of your post.

You should probably walk up to you brothers in Christ to decide who's right and who's wrong about who or what makes up the trinity.

About the last part, please am ready.

Do dissect Islam for me.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by golpen(m): 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:
In what was termed Muhammad's one-night journey to heaven, he and all muslims were commanded to pray 50 times daily. As he was said to be leaving the presence of Allah, he met Moses on the way, who asked him what command he was given by Allah. Muhammad told him he was ordered to be praying 50 times a day. Moses said that was too much and that he should go back to Allah and get it reduced. Muhammad went back to Allah severally until it was reduced to 5.

Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers. When I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, "What has Allah enjoined on your followers?" I replied, "He has enjoined fifty prayers on them". Moses said "Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it". (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, p. 213).

My observation here is: Moses appears
more knowledgeable than Allah knowing that 50 prayers a day is not practicable. The fact that Allah kept reducing it till it got to 5 shows Moses was correct. Is Allah all-knowing?

I'll like to say that as Muslims, we believe that the ascension was a real journey and a true one.

In view of this, it is better understood, taking note of the fact that Allah doesn't operate in the same way we do or in a way we think he should. Fact is, He is not in any way compelled to go in the same direction we think He should. He teaches us lessons in different ways, by telling us point-blank about what he wants us to know or by siting examples to us or by challenging us to reason or ponder over them or let the story just flow to be left for only those who choose to understand or those who really want to. These set of people seek knowledge from the knowledgeable, without arrogance or bigotry.

There are various lessons to be derived from this ascension. I'll like to highlight one or two.

First is that solah being reduced to 5 from 50 is a show of Allah's mercy on us. But even by this mercy, we have to understand the worth of these 5 as they have been put in them, the levelled rewards of 50. It means we should imagine if we are to pray 50 times in a day, we would hardly have time for any other activity to keep us performing those prayers. Like you can understand and appreciate the ease technology brings if you know the hardship of the manual age. Therefore, in we appreciate the mercy of Allah in those 5 prayers, thinking 'Oh it could've been 50'.

Secondly is, Moses (as) requesting the prophet to plead for reduction on the behalf of his ummah portrays a picture of how weak at heart human beings are, as a creation of Allah. It tells us that even if it was reduced to 1, there would still be those who wouldn't perform the prayer, and their penalty is with their Lord.

Having said, Allah is all knowing truly and verily, and he knew everything that would happen and how Musa would request the prophet Muhammad (saw) of pleading for reduction. He was going to give us 5 from onset, but he wanted us to know the worth and learn.

Longest time sir.

3 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by mustymatic(m): 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

No it doesn't...and FYI the Quran doesn't recognise the Bible...hell even Jesus didn't know about it
You just denied the god of the Bible
SMH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray / Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr / Is It Permissible To Wear The Mask Instead Of The Niqab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.