Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? (13014 Views)

Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) / Some Mistakes Made By Those Who Fasts Ramadan And Perform Nightly Prayers 1 / In The Mosque This Morning, After Morning Prayers, Something Happened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Empiree: 12:59am On Sep 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

Those are ordinances of men. God didn't talk about them.
What's EXACT mode of worship UNIVERSALLY RECOGNIZED in Christianity as ordained by GOD regardless of sects with reference please?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Empiree: 1:17am On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

At least 2 - 3 of those prayers fall within working hours. And muslim prayers are so elaborate; they requires special room with prayer mats and kettles of water for cleaning. That means employed muslims must be given permission to leave their offices 2 - 3 times daily just to pray.
what's so impressive is that, despite West hatred for Islam, they give room for Muslim employees. And a Muslim doesn't really need to tell his or her employer he's going to pray. You can perfectly work out your schedules without anytione knowing.

Besides, 5 daily prayer may also be performed on the go, in sitting, on the plane, train, car. You can even pray by moving your head and eyes if you are in incondusive enviroment.

That's how far 5 daily prayer is important. We can't miss or skip it. I have done all these before and still do it as needed. It depends on situation I find myself. All my daily salat except morning are within my work schedules and I don't miss them. It's a matter of conviction and devotion .

All our obligatory practices except 5 daily Salat were commissioned or ordained on this planet. Salat however was ordered and mandated from above. That's, Allah Himself summoned the prophet (p) over to Himself to prescribe it. See how important it is?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Rilwayne001: 6:27am On Sep 18, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

Oga, we pray five prayers in three periods of time. In the Quran the day is divided into three periods (in Surah al Israa).

The five prayers are the same for both Sunni and Shia. Same number of units for each. We simply pray the noon and afternoon prayers right after each other; and the sunset and night prayers right after each other.

There's no harm in spacing them as Sunnis do either.

We pray five times, we pray five prayers but we space them differently. The timings are different.

Lol, i really don't know where he got the idea from, but then, just as typical christard, he is lying for Jesus cheesy

True2satan indeed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Rilwayne001: 6:31am On Sep 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

They had internal conflict, they weren't going killing unbelievers.

Olodo is lying for Jesus as usual. indeed Christians killed Jews, Muslims and other non believers.

If you want to see the atrocities commited in the name of Jesus, I'll show you wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Rilwayne001: 6:36am On Sep 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

I know you won't understand. Spiritual things are for the spiritual minds.

Let's face front, treat the subject of the thread.

So in other word, annunaki2 doesn't have spiritual mind because he can't seem to fathom the concept of trinity, yes or no?

How about other followers of Christ that don't subcribe to it too?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by talkingtruth: 7:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:
If they had reduced it to 1 or 2 daily prayers, Islam would have done much better. The burden of having to pray 5 times a day is just too much.

What if it remains 50 times as Allah originally intended?

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Empiree:
Besides, 5 daily prayer may also be performed on the go, in sitting, on the plane, train, car. You can even pray by moving your head and eyes if you are in unconducive environment.
Interesting. Can you provide the scriptural backing for this view? It seems other muslims I've spoken to aren't aware of this.

talkingtruth:
What if it remains 50 times as Allah originally intended?
Then this section wouldn't even exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by talkingtruth: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

Interesting. Can you provide the scriptural backing for this view? It seems other muslims I've spoken to aren't aware of this.

Then this section wouldn't even exist.

grin grin grin

Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers. When I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, "What has Allah enjoined on your followers?" I replied, "He has enjoined fifty prayers on them". Moses said "Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it". (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, p. 213).

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by talkingtruth: 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
Again, a big thank to Moses. If muslims are to pray 50 times a day, meaning praying every 30 minutes 24/7, i. e including nights, a lot of muslims would have had hypertension for not sleeping.

I noticed the 50 times daily prayers were enjoined on Muhammad's followers, how many times was he enjoined to pray himself?
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by BetaThings: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

My observation here is: Moses appears
more knowledgeable than Allah knowing that 50 prayers a day is not practicable. The fact that Allah kept reducing it till it got to 5 shows Moses was correct. Is Allah all-knowing?

The same question should be put to you

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

9 Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?"

10 So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
Genesis 3, 6:10

BTW
Why did we need Judas to that betrayal if Jesus had been destined to die for YOUR sin?
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Empiree: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

It is issue of FIQH in most cases actually. But first all, I am sure you know how muslims pray obligatory salat (i:e including standing, bowing, bending, sitting etc). Now let me advise you that these postures are mandatory and cannot be omitted. What this means is that the way we normally pray is what is legislated. But sometimes conditions do occur like elderly or sick person who can not bend or stand too long. Or like situation i described above (with work schedule), we are allow to omit certain posture(s) if necessary.

This can be confirmed in the hadith of the prophet(P) narrated in Sahih Bukhari from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I had haemorrhoids, and I asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about praying. He said: “Pray standing; if you cannot, then sitting; and if you cannot, then lying on your side.”

Qur'an itself hints,

"Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides......Imran 191

Here again,

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (S) fell from a horse and was injured on his right side. We entered upon him to visit him and the time for prayer came. He prayed sitting and we prayed sitting behind him. This narration is agreed upon.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: If standing will make a sick person’s sickness worse, then he should pray sitting. The scholars are unanimously agreed that a person who cannot stand may pray sitting. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to ‘Imraan ibn Husayn: “Pray standing; if you cannot, then sitting; and if you cannot, then lying on your side.”

It was also narrated by al-Bukhaari, Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i, who added: “If you cannot, then lying on your back, and Allaah does not burden any soul beyond its scope.”

The people you said you spoke to simply need to work on their quest for knowledge. That's all. Knowledge develops overtime and we grew up differently so i can't blame them. What they don't know they don't know. Now, there are times i dont need to pray while i'm on the train or car from work. For instance, if i salat maghrib is an hour away and i get off work before that, I know i have an hour to be home (USUALLY). I dont bother myself until i get home. But other times like in the winter, all these salat, especially zuhr and asr(THE AFTERNOONS) are contemporaneous. Same with Maghrib and Isha(THE NIGHT) sometimes. Maghrib could be around 4pm and Ishai is just 30mins after in the winter and I get off at 7pm. Thank God for my beatiful schedule. I am on top of it. I pray with comfort at work without anyone knowing. I worked in a Jewish home for 5 yrs 4 yrs ago and no one knows I am muslim. grin All my salat are performed there 90% of the time. I used to work in a hospital and I prayed with others in the time of salat. It is only when some employers want to create drama you hear stuff about muslim prayers on TV. In my humble opinion, West are more tolerant than Nigerian christians. Those ones pushed muslims to the wall.

You may watch this 5 mins as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A4XFXO4IUs

I hope you understand that i only speak for myself. This is to show you how serious i take salat. We've got no excuse brother!

Of Course, in high school, i did not obverse this much. I only prayed when i got home. We used to say " Irun akipo lo n jo l'orun loju" grin

That's bush!t talk. Excuse me
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by yazach: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
truthmans2012:
In what was termed Muhammad's one-night journey to heaven, he and all muslims were commanded to pray 50 times daily. As he was said to be leaving the presence of Allah, he met Moses on the way, who asked him what command he was given by Allah. Muhammad told him he was ordered to be praying 50 times a day. Moses said that was too much and that he should go back to Allah and get it reduced. Muhammad went back to Allah severally until it was reduced to 5.

Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers. When I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, "What has Allah enjoined on your followers?" I replied, "He has enjoined fifty prayers on them". Moses said "Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it". (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, p. 213).

My observation here is: Moses appears
more knowledgeable than Allah knowing that 50 prayers a day is not practicable. The fact that Allah kept reducing it till it got to 5 shows Moses was correct. Is Allah all-knowing?

British ambassador and his wife embraced Islam
Check this thread to see your miserable life and unprofitable business you are doing

https://www.nairaland.com/3349731/british-ambassador-embraces-islam-performs/1#49421755

3 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

They had internal conflict, they weren't going killing unbelievers.
Lol, internal conflict?

Go and read about the christian crusaders.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
masseratti:
you studied Nigerian history and you missed usthman Dan fodio.
People were already accepting Islam during trading long before Uthman Dan fodio showed up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by talkingtruth: 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
yazach:

Check this thread to see your miserable life and unprofitable business you are doing

https://www.nairaland.com/3349731/british-ambassador-embraces-islam-performs/1#49421755

For every one convert to Islam, there is a thousand coming from Islam to Christianity, but we don't make noise about it.

Many muslims have seen Jesus even in Islamic nations and today they are Christians.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Empiree: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
talkingtruth:

For every one convert to Islam, there is a thousand coming from Islam to Christianity, but we don't make noise about it.

Many muslims have seen Jesus even in Islamic nations and today they are Christians.
christians usually say this when pressure mounts.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by BetaThings: 6:21am On Sep 19, 2016
talkingtruth:

Then you are not on the narrow road now, or are you?

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it"
Matthew 7:13-14

And you have not explained why God in the Bible was walking about, looking for Adam
And why Judas is a betrayer for helping to fulfill a promise

4 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by plappville(f): 10:35am On Sep 19, 2016
Perhaps:

You know when i told you, you shot yourself in the foot, i really meant it.
Your reply proves you hardly even know the meaning of the expression.

Anyway, i'm not your English teacher(that is if you actually did go to school), so, i wont disturb myself with explaining what it means to you.

To your original post.

You spewed all of this trash.

Good observation. And that is exactly how it is. If Moses had not asked Muhammad it would have been different. There is the similar story in the Bible Abraham pleading with God not to Destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. He wanted God to spare the righteous people who lived in there. God all knowing knew as big as the city is, only Lot and his family are righteous. He did what He had to do even with Abraham bargaining, God still destroy Sodom. But In Islam, Allah can be controlled by Angels and even man did change allahs word and Muhammad accepted. grin Quran if full of strorie from the bible. The problem with the quran is that after much copy and modify. Muhammad ended up in contradicting himself.

In reference to what i said to thruthman earlier today, your post proves you are really really really a very big hypocrite.

You mentioned Abraham pleading with God and God not listening to his plea(This one sentence is painfully the summary of everyone you typed up there.)

Now, what does this mean:

1. If we are to go ahead with your analogy, it'd simply mean God does not accept pleading.
Yeah. It'd mean God doesn't answer prayers. It'd mean all you do in church(That is if you actually do go to church) is useless.
Why?
Well, if God answers prayers/pleading, he'd have answered Abraham's prayers.
I mean, come to think of it. Abraham was one of God's finest.
And then God told him no.

So, whats the whole point of you praying if you know you can't change God's mind?

2. How about the places in the Bible where it was recorded that Moses changed God's mind?
If you deny the existence of such verses, it simply means you're either really ignorant of your religion(or whatever you Christianity is) or you're just terribly blind.

In any situation, you're and still going to always be My very own little hypocrite

Pleading for a sin You commited is not same as telling God to change his plan/order. God is all knowing in the Bible. He knew there is no such amount of righteous persons in Sodom. So Abraham pleading was not granted. The event from the Quran made it clear than Allah didn't know that 50 prayer's par day will be too much for a man. But the angel had to put this to Allah can't you understand. See how you shot ur own self.. cheesy
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by plappville(f): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2016
yazach:

What's so important about that? Oh just because He is an ambassador? It sounds to you that a MAN bit a DOG umm? Despirate Muslim. Surely doing all they can to dominate the world.. cheesy
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by plappville(f): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2016
talkingtruth:

I wonder who is even contesting with Islam. If not for its atrocities, no one will care if such religion exist. There are many religion out there. They ate peaceful that's why no one mention them. Islam is a Cancer the wOrld is suffering from.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by yazach: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Seun:
If they had reduced it to 1 or 2 daily prayers, Islam would have done much better. The burden of having to pray 5 times a day is just too much.

If you had reduced nairaland links page to crime, religion and politics, nairaland would have done much better. The burden of having to check many sections/pages of nairaland is just too much

5 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Empiree: 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
yazach:

If you had reduced nairaland links page to crime, religion and politics, nairaland would have done much better. The burden of having to check many sections/pages of nairaland is just too much

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Seun(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
yazach:
You are not required to check the sections. If we made it compulsory to check every section daily, that would have been too much, of course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by yazach: 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin grin
talkingtruth:

You either forgot or were sleeping when you typed this because you wated type millions not thausand angry
talkingtruth:

You either forgot or were sleeping when you typed this because you wated type millions not thausand
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by yazach: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
Seun:
You are not required to check the sections. If it was a requirement to check every section, that would have been too much, of course.

it seems you don't get the message, if you can't get this simple message, how would you understand muslims observing 5daily prayer as if it's your burden

Okay let put it back to you:
You are not required to create the sections, if it a requirement to create those sections, that would have been too much, of course

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by yazach: 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=Empiree post=49499826][/quote]

don't mind him my brother
I don't in any way thought of atheist as a wise entity if not how would a normal person deny the existence of Almighty Allah

2 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by yazach: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
plappville:

What's so important about that? Oh just because He is an ambassador? It sounds to you that a MAN bit a DOG umm? Despirate Muslim. Surely doing all they can to dominate the world.. cheesy
so it pain you to this extent, you look frustrating dude
You be like"why is Christianity fading away like this"

For your information, you have no choice Islam will rule the world even if you take your bath on transformer

6 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Antina(f): 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
Seun:

How did u knw it's a burden? Have u tried it? Has someone complained to u?

3 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by BetaThings: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2016
Antina:

How did u knw is a burden? Have u tried it? Has someone complained to u?

Hahaha
Unbelievers try all the time to bring others to their dark side
If no of daily prayers is reduced to 1, will he believe?

BTW it is not a burden for them to spend hours on end daily scouring the nooks and crannies of the net to dredge out hare-brained criticism of Islam
This is the same person who colluded with Christian bigots to paint Muslims as intolerant on Nairaland by saying "don't abuse Islam" etc

He used to push stories about Muslim-dominated Sudan's alleged atrocities against the Mainly-Christian Southern part of the country onto the front page of Nairaland
Now that Christian South Sudan has become independent and descended into a very very dangerous and anarchic country,
They have colluded to conceal that information

Or is he not opening threads on Islam
Is he doing so about Christianity?

4 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Antina(f): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2016
BetaThings:

Hahaha
Unbelievers try all the time to bring others to their dark side
If no of daily prayers is reduced to 1, will he believe?

Abi ooo cheesy

BetaThings:

BTW it is not a burden for them to spend hours on end daily scouring the nooks and crannies of the net to dredge out hare-brained criticism of Islam
This is the same person who colluded with Christian bigots to paint Muslims as intolerant on Nairaland by saying "don't abuse Islam" etc

He used to push stories about Muslim-dominated Sudan's alleged atrocities against the Mainly-Christian Southern part of the country onto the front page of Nairaland
Now that Christian South Sudan has become independent and descended into a very very dangerous and anarchic country,
They have colluded to conceal that information

Or is he not opening threads on Islam
Is he doing so about Christianity?

Someone gave a very good example, it was not really a burden for him to create more than 20 sections on Nairaland cos he knws people would be needing each section at a particular time. He should have created 1 to 2 sections, creating enough section should have been a burden for him too.

Don't mind them jare, it's not a burden for them to spend 5 to 6 or more hours in surfing the net per day, and they have failed to realise or don't know a prayer is less than 10minutes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by BetaThings: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
annunaki2:

The more annoying thing is that his so called journey to heaven was just a story he cooked up when he was caught pants down in his mistress house when he was meant to be observing vigil. He then fabricated the lies that he bargained with Allah on how many times they should pray daily.

The more annoying thing is to have people who cannot agree on the scope of their book talking about Islam

Some Christians claim to wholeheartedly believe in both the Old and New Testaments
Although they select only portions of the Bible from the NT they follow

Some deny that the OT is part of their faith

Again - why did God in the Bible not know where Adam was?
Since you know so much about Islam, tell us about the life of Jesus from childhood to adulthood

You attack Islam because to draw attention away from your amoebic faith that is in a state of flux

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by BetaThings: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
truthmans2012:

Soo revealing!!!

If that is a revelation to you, then you need to go back to school
I am serious, not independent studying, but learning in a formal environment with supervision

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With Polygamy? / What Happens To Our Body And Soul After Our Death? / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.