Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God (1467 Views)

An Urgent Message From The Lord Jesus: “i Am Coming!” (part Ix) / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / The Anti Christ Is Tb Joshua Pls Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by aikayboy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2006
to avoid any questions about my identity, I am a Christian, have been so for a long time. I decided to start this thread to challenge members of this forum on this particular subject.

I've been a Christian for close to 14 years now, and i've heard many things in church including the statement that Christ is God himself. But then can u prove that he is, not because ur pastor said it, or u have heard it so much now that it has to be the truth, but from ur own point of logical reasoning, quoting wherre u want to, can YOU prove that the Lord Jesus Christ is God indeed? This is important so that when u r called on to defend ur faith in the message and person of Christ, and u r the only person there, u would know what reply to proffer. Your comments, please
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by TayoD(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2006
This is mere duplication of another topic: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-33222.0.html
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by neelsel(f): 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2006
Oxygen is vital to our survival, yet we cannot see it but accept and acknowledge its existence and presence, Without oxygen, we die,,,simple,

Well case solved,

We cannot see God, but we know He is there and so to is vital to our life.

Simple, We don't need to see to believe,
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Eurphoria(f): 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2006
This Jesus and This GOd must be something special that more and more ppl want to debate, argue, chat, talk, fight, for it. Even the non beleivers all seem to be obssessed with whether he is true or not. it is funny. I dont think anyone needs to prove to anyone. I dont really think anyone needs to beleive either. It is a personal thing and will not waste my energy to prove to anyone his supremacy in my opinion . This Jesus this God must be something special see how it stirs ppl, persecutors and beleivers alike lol. I dare an unbeleiver to say out loud one day, when they are alone, just them and their own heart beat and mutter these words ''God or watever you call yourself prove me wrong!
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by KAG: 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2006
Just a few points.

neelsel:

Oxygen is vital to our survival, yet we cannot see it but accept and acknowledge its existence and presence, Without oxygen, we die,,,simple,

Well case solved,

We cannot see God, but we know He is there and so to is vital to our life.

Simple, We don't need to see to believe,

Oxygen can be tested for and "seen" though you have to tinker around with it; oxygen can also be seen in its liquid form. As a final thought, too much oxygen will kill you (and you won't understand why). Basically oygen is nothing like Jesus/God - maybe except from the too much part, n'est pas?

By the way, what did your post have to do with the OP?

Eurphoria:

This Jesus and This GOd must be something special that more and more people want to debate, argue, chat, talk, fight, for it. Even the non beleivers all seem to be obssessed with whether he is true or not. it is funny. I don't think anyone needs to prove to anyone. I don't really think anyone needs to beleive either. It is a personal thing and will not waste my energy to prove to anyone his supremacy in my opinion . This Jesus this God must be something special see how it stirs people, persecutors and beleivers alike lol. I dare an unbeleiver to say out loud one day, when they are alone, just them and their own heart beat and mutter these words ''God or watever you call yourself prove me wrong!

Many unbelievers do it because they drank blood from the skull of virgins (on that damned being's persistence), so they need to argue the case of Jesus to forget their anguish, and quell their fear of Cthulu's rage. It certainly couldn't be something as mundane as Christians have made Jesus into such a big deal (by hook or crook, usually by the latter, sometimes with the former) that people, including non-theists, decided to reallytake a look and tell what they've found.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Eurphoria(f): 11:55pm On Dec 19, 2006
This Jesus and This GOd must be something special that more and more people want to debate, argue, chat, talk, fight, for it. Even the non beleivers all seem to be obssessed with whether he is true or not. it is funny. I don't think anyone needs to prove to anyone. I don't really think anyone needs to beleive either. It is a personal thing and will not waste my energy to prove to anyone his supremacy in my opinion . This Jesus this God must be something special see how it stirs people, persecutors and beleivers alike lol. I dare an unbeleiver to say out loud one day, when they are alone, just them and their own heart beat and mutter these words ''God or watever you call yourself prove me wrong!
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by KAG: 12:45am On Dec 20, 2006
Eurphoria:

This Jesus and This GOd must be something special that more and more people want to debate, argue, chat, talk, fight, for it.

People are still arguing about the shape of the Earth (some think it's flat, you should visit a flat Earth forum, arguments galore), go figure. I remember mentioning to someone that Dune wasn't that good a movie, he lost it, go figure. PS3, xBox, Wii, generate a lot of debates and fightes, go figure. Just a few examples.

Even the non beleivers all seem to be obssessed with whether he is true or not. it is funny.

Well, seeing as they've moved on from Juno and Apollo, it's only right that they tackle immediate societal ills tongue

I don't think anyone needs to prove to anyone. I don't really think anyone needs to beleive either. It is a personal thing and will not waste my energy to prove to anyone his supremacy in my opinion . This Jesus this God must be something special see how it stirs people, persecutors and beleivers alike lol.

Did you just waste your energy posting the exact same thing you did just a couple of posts above? Yeesh!

I dare an unbeleiver to say out loud one day, when they are alone, just them and their own heart beat and mutter these words ''God or watever you call yourself prove me wrong!

I did .
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Drusilla(f): 8:58am On Dec 20, 2006
aikayboy,

Could you please clarify your question.

1. Are you saying prove that Jesus is God, as in the Son of God?

2. Or are you asking people to prove Jesus is the only God, more like Oneness Pentacostals do?
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by mrmayor(m): 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2006
neesel,

neelsel:

Oxygen has being proven to exist beyond reasonable doubt,it has a chemical formula,it can be extracted from solid,liquid and gaseous minerals,it can be store and used when need.You don't have to believe that oxygen exist to know it exist.

To prove that[b] Jesus is God[/b] or Son of God you must prove that there is a benevolent God,period
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by aikayboy(m): 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2006
my question is, can u prove that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, not the only God or the Son of God. Can u prove that He is God at all?
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Reverend(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2006
Can you prove that God is God?
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Backslider(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2006
@reverend

Just wait he will prove himself nobody needs to do that for him the last that did in the old testament paid with it with his life. You dont know the value God Places on the soul.

It says The SOUL that Sinneth It shall Die. The death here is the Spiritual Death ( THE PHILOGY OF THE SCRIPTURE IS TAUGHT BY THE HOLY GHOST) to be dead is to be caught off one soul will be lonely in hell.

Just Imagine A plant that is caught from it root may not seem dead at the beginning but just give it time it will wither and be brown.

So is a man that Sins Against God Love and Patience. God has the Right to Caught some off because the soul uses the Breath of God to Exist in this Physical World. So God does not Directly "Kill" in the Human sense God words Are very powerful if it comes against you then you are in trouble. There is an aspect of God that you or I cant Question his favour. He will show mercy on a Sinner and condemn the self Righteous and religious people. Some may see he is not just but when you know this you will know that you are nothing without him and you will depend on him 100%. Some Christian dont know this aspect and it takes he himself to show you personally.

God can hate you to make you love him God can love you to make you hate him. God has dealt with Isreal so ruthlessly if he did to some others like that I dont know if they will still belive in Him. About millions of jews were slaughted by hitler( This is recorded in the Bible where God said he will stir up the wind and Gather them from everywhere) and look at the suffering in Africa and some say Africans are cursed. The jews were killed robbed raped and chased. Dont get me wrong I dont have any partiality I am jst saying that he deals with people individually and this is a sign of the end of the world.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Reverend(m): 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2006
Thank you for the well constructed reply. But tell that story to the 500,000 innocent people that died in the Tsunami!

God neither protects or punishes. Why is that. Let me tell you why. Because something that does not exist can not do any of those things!

Peace
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2006
your really sick, shocked.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by pblessed(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2006
when we say Jesus is God, that's a very right statement, for one, biologically, he was the son of God, i'm sure that shouldn't be a problem, the life he got was from God as no child can be born without a sperm and the sperm is got to be from a man, but the sperm that fertilized Mary womb was from God, his word, so whose traits and genes do u think Jesus had, God's offcourse.

So for this He is God.

Another one is, God Gave him the authority, to function in His place, that is heaven responds to Jesus, earth and hell do same.

OBj is ruling as president becos of the authority in the name of the presidency
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Backslider(m): 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2006
@rev

i can see that you are overwhelmed by the Longsuffering of God he looks as if he not there but when he appears it frightful. I used to make jokes of the born deeperlifers Oh you should see me mock. I joked once that I will continuing sinning and my sins will be so many that he will be angry that he will throw and he mix the target.

I did not agree then that any man or thing could play all i ever did back to me, Now with the advancement of technology a small chip could store a lot of info how much more God himself. Talk is cheap they say but wait when they are about to die there is the fear of the Unknown. Even a man that wants to commit suicide is afraid to die.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by KAG: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2006
Backslider:

all of that

God can hate you to make you love him God can love you to make you hate him. God has dealt with Isreal so ruthlessly if he did to some others like that I don't know if they will still believe in Him. About millions of jews were slaughted by hitler( This is recorded in the Bible where God said he will stir up the wind and Gather them from everywhere) and look at the suffering in Africa and some say Africans are cursed. The jews were killed robbed raped and chased. Dont get me wrong I don't have any partiality I am jst saying that he deals with people individually and this is a sign of the end of the world.

For a second there, I thought you were talking about an insane human despot that's gotten over drunk with power. I guess absolute power does corrupt absolutely; that, or the create your God in the worst possible light project(ing) has taking a turn for the worse.

pblessed:

when we say Jesus is God, that's a very right statement, for one, biologically, he was the son of God, i'm sure that shouldn't be a problem, the life he got was from God as no child can be born without a sperm and the sperm is got to be from a man, but the sperm that fertilized Mary womb was from God, his word, so whose traits and genes do u think Jesus had, God's offcourse.

So for this He is God.

I take you accept Apollo is the biological son of Zeus, yes? Furthermore, if the Christian/neo Jewish God has genes, is it safe to assume he has not only chromosomes, etc, but he also has a colour and a penis?
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Backslider(m): 2:41am On Dec 30, 2006
@kag

Lets us Debate with Decorium. God Bless
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by KAG: 3:24am On Dec 30, 2006
Backslider:

@kag

Lets us Debate with Decorium.

I thought I did just that.

God Bless

Why, Cthulhu out for lunch?
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Bobbyaf(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2007
This is how I see the situation. The first step would be to define what God is from a biblical perspective. If Jesus fits the biblical definition also, then He is God.

Another point to look at is whether we are dealing with Jesus in His pre-existing form, or His post-incarnate form. We knew that Jesus existed before he incarnated, and that He is the Co-Creator of the universe. The book of Collosians describes Jesus as follows:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

If Jesus weren't God then He couldn't create. The scrptures even say that "by Him all things consist" which means that Jesus holds the universe together. The laws of the universe that ensure it doesn't implode on itself, were intiated by Jesus during creation.

One of the names that was given to Jesus, was Emanuel, which means "God with us"

The part that often confuses many as to the deity of Jesus has to do with the role He assumed as man. In His life of humility some take that to mean that He was a lesser God, whatever that means.  grin because He prayed to His Father, and the fact that He called His Father "my God"
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by KAG: 1:34am On Jan 06, 2007
Bobbyaf:

This is how I see the situation. The first step would be to define what God is from a biblical perspective. If Jesus fits the biblical definition also, then He is God.

Another point to look at is whether we are dealing with Jesus in His pre-existing form, or His post-incarnate form. We knew that Jesus existed before he incarnated, and that He is the Co-Creator of the universe. The book of Collosians describes Jesus as follows:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

If Jesus weren't God then He couldn't create. The scrptures even say that "by Him all things consist" which means that Jesus holds the universe together. The laws of the universe that ensure it doesn't implode on itself, were intiated by Jesus during creation.

One of the names that was given to Jesus, was Emanuel, which means "God with us"

The part that often confuses many as to the deity of Jesus has to do with the role He assumed as man. In His life of humility some take that to mean that He was a lesser God, whatever that means. grin because He prayed to His Father, and the fact that He called His Father "my God"

By the way, Jesus' name wasn't Emmanuel, that was the name of the child in a "prophecy" that some Gospel writers and some Christians tried to shoehorn Jesus in to.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by mrmayor(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2007
One question that has been on my mind for a long time is this

1.If Jesus was at the very beginning;was HE created by God and they both created the universe or did they both just appear from nowhere and Jesus assumed the role of a Son?
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Reverend(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2007
Just like Bird Flu and AIDS they appeared from nowhere. The difference is that Bird Flu and AIDS is still with us undecided

Think about it lipsrsealed
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by shahan(f): 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2007
mrmayor:

One question that has been on my mind for a long time is this

1.If Jesus was at the very beginning;was HE created by God and they both created the universe or did they both just appear from nowhere and Jesus assumed the role of a Son?

The 'beginning' in the Greek construct does not indicate that Jesus as the Logos had a beginning or that God 'created' Him. He always ever was with the Father.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by mrpataki(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2007
Sometimes i wonder why Christians who are supposed to know better come here and start glorfying this kinda topic, whoever started this topic, really must be a confused personality, to prove that Jesus Christ is God?

This is for the Christians in the house, no matter how much you talk it here to these people, they have a reprobate mind towards the things of God.

On a final note, i leave you with this, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God!
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by shahan(f): 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2007
Well, I would say that people have different reasons for being in any Forum; and perhaps, the originator of this thread sincerely invited sensible contributions to what he may or might not have understood.

I have learnt in no small measure by everyone's contribution, even where we are not all agreed on several subjects. One thing, though, is that Jesus Christ is Lord - and that is something that no Christian denies.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by Ndipe(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2007
Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Even the demons know that
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by mrpataki(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2007
II Corithians 13:8 -We can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.

Am not against those who want to be enlightened, but when useless points are made and xtians then reply with the same verbosity of stupidity, then it is crazy.

Even the bible says when a fool holds his silence at times, he is sometimes counted as a wise man.
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by mrmayor(m): 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2007
shahan:

The 'beginning' in the Greek construct does not indicate that Jesus as the Logos had a beginning or that God 'created' Him. He always ever was with the Father.

So technically speaking both God and Jesus where in the beginning,if Jesus was and is the son it means that the father existed before the son,because he (Jesus) was begotten by the father (God) which means that before he (Jesus) was begotten he Jesus didn't exit.Its impossible to exist at the very same time your father started his existense

Source:  http://www.thefreedictionary.com/begat

be·get  (b-gt)
tr.v. be·got (-gt), be·got·ten (-gtn) or be·got, be·get·ting, be·gets
1. To father; sire.
2. To cause to exist or occur; produce: Violence begets more violence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English biyeten, bigeten, from Old English begetan; see ghend- in Indo-European roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verb 1. beget - make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don't recognize them"
father, sire, mother, engender, bring forth, generate, get
create, make - make or cause to be or to become; "make a mess in one's office"; "create a furor"
Re: Prove That The Lord Jesus Christ Is God by shahan(f): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2007
@mrmayor,

I'm grateful for your response; but I need to point out the vital element you missed in your rejoinder: context.

The word 'beget' or 'begotten' does not always convey the sense men would ordinarilly assume. Abraham 'begat' Isaac is not to be construed in the same sense that Jesus Christ is God's only begotten Son - otherwise you would be risking the error of Islam that supposes God had a 'wife' to beget a 'Son'!

Even at the time when Abraham already had a son named Ishmael, Heb. 11:17 named his second son Isaac as his only begotten son! Now, when you consider the context in which Isaac was called Abraham's only begotten son (even though the patriarch had an older son), you discover that God was there referring to Isaac as 'the only one of that particular kind'. That is, Isaac may not have been the only son Abraham had at the time; but he definitely was the only one among all Abraham's sons that the promise referred to! Among all the sons of Abraham, it was only in Isaac that you'll find the promise: ". . .in Isaac shall thy seed be called" (Heb. 11:18-19). Just one context in which 'only begotten' is used.

As used of the Lord Jesus, the inspired apostle John reported that when they beheld the glory of the Logos who was made flesh, it "the glory as of the only begotten of the Father" (John 1:14). This simply means that the Logos (Jesus Christ) who became flesh was 'the only one of the kind of exactly who the Father was' in His essence - the Logos was essentially the same kind as what the Father was - God.

This is why I have no problems at all with Jesus own declaration in John 14:9 that, he who had seen Him had seen the Father. If no man had seen God (i.e., the Father) at any time, it was the Son Himself who came to declare Him (John 1:18). It was the only begotten Son (the only One who is exactly what the Father was) that came to declare Him.

'Only begotten' or 'begotten' as used of Jesus does not mean the same thing as was used of men 'begetting' (siring) childrren. It is rather more descriptive of His essence than of anything that presupposes Jesus had a beginning.

(1) (Reply)

Abuzola Buried The Hatchet / Nccf Taraba State / Tithing: Isn't This Passage In Hebrews Clear Enough On This Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.