Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,899 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names (13140 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets Makarfi & Sheriff In Abuja (Photos) / Jonathan Asks Makarfi, Sheriff To Step Down Over PDP Crisis / Edo 2016: INEC Says Won’t Accept Makarfi, Sheriff’s Candidates Except (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2016
Izonpikin:
oya them no want am again na make e carry him wahala go...na by force again??... undecided undecided undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Omenkata: 8:24am On Sep 16, 2016
Yomboy4ever:

I see your frustration, d dead party supporter is weeping pls Accept my condolence...
Trust me no one loves the party that is killing him with hunger and that's apc

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2016
Omenkata:

Bros go through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3272215/president-buhari-failed-nigeria-pdp
then you'll see someone who claims to be reforming a party wishing the same party dead and buried.

Tonye is a traitor and whatever he's doing he and his click are OYO.

My brother, i have been following Tonye's thread and at times i wonder if he's against or for. But later realised that Tonye to me is like all other media officers of PDP. at a point, i remebered when FFK was in the other sister's party, he praised them and called them milk and honey, he later crossed-carpet and now called his new party milk and honey. Same party he called all sort of names.
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Izonpikin: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2016
DONSMITH123:

cheesy cheesy
when you look that sheriff face with all those marks you go know say wahala full him body... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 8:31am On Sep 16, 2016
Izonpikin:
when you look that sheriff face with all those marks you go know say wahala full him body... cheesy cheesy cheesy

No bi PDP go look for the wahala for themself? They love his money, but they hate his person. Is that possible?
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Izonpikin: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2016
DONSMITH123:

No bi PDP go look for the wahala for themself? They love his money, but they hate his person. Is that possible?
where the guy get him money from?,...who give am money
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Omenkata: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2016
DONSMITH123:

My brother, i have been following Tonye's thread and at times i wonder if he's against or for. But later realised that Tonye to me is like all other media officers of PDP. at a point, i remebered when FFK was in the other sister's party, he praised them and called them milk and honey, he later crossed-carpet and now called his new party milk and honey. Same party he called all sort of names.
Such person don't deserve a place in any party be it apc or pdp
Tonye's case is quite different because he claims to be reforming the party at the same time de marketing the same party he is promoting grin
To cross over and talk bad of your previous party is normal but to de market the same party you're reforming sounds a bit confusing right?

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2016
Izonpikin:
where the guy get him money from?,...who give am money

you are funny.
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2016
lalasticlala, move am go permanent site abeg
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2016
Omenkata:

Such person don't deserve a place in any party be it apc or pdp
Tonye's case is quite different because he claims to be reforming the party at the same time de marketing the same party he is promoting grin
To cross over and talk bad of your previous party is normal but to de market the same party you're reforming sounds a bit confusing right?

hmmm. i think you are right.
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by tuniski: 8:55am On Sep 16, 2016
SweetLove0:

and you think its APC that shifted the election?
Ok na PDP the ghost shifted it!
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2016
bejeiodus:
The silence of the founding fathers of the party is the chief reason why this crisis continues to fester. The crisis would have long abated if they had not chosen to be mute and watch the party they laboured hard to build go up in flames. The situation is not beyond repair if they can break their silence. Nigeria needs a vibrant PDP to check on the excesses of the current government.

and who are those founding fathers that need to break their silence. OBJ? name them.
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by SweetLove0(f): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2016
tuniski:

Ok na PDP the ghost shifted it!

cheesy
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 16, 2016
DONSMITH123:

and who are those founding fathers that need to break their silence. OBJ? name them.
Ekweme, Tukur, Lamido, Babaginda, Mantu, etc. Obasanjo played no role in the birth of the PDP. He was only handed the party's presidential ticket to placate the people of the Southwest.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Jirate(m): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2016
Yomboy4ever:

I see your frustration, d dead party supporter is weeping pls
Accept my condolence...

You are really young, no responsibilities, why am i wasting my precious time with kids like you on NL. cool

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by HRich(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2016
They should scrap PDP out of Nigeria
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DONSMITH123(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2016
HRich:
They should scrap PDP out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Proffdada: 9:39am On Sep 16, 2016
Please Take this rough play out of my state
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by MadCow1: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2016
bejeiodus:
The silence of the founding fathers of the party is the chief reason why this crisis continues to fester. The crisis would have long abated if they had not chosen to be mute and watch the party they laboured hard to build go up in flames. The situation is not beyond repair if they can break their silence. Nigeria needs a vibrant PDP to check on the excesses of the current government.

When Jonathan made the founding fathers into persona non gratas, what did you expect? grin
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2016
DONSMITH123:

Sheriff will not leave just like that and allow Makarfi to be in that office. Considering the fact that he has spent alot of money. Tonye my friend, lets be frank here. Sheriff spent alot when PDP is having issues. Where was Makarfi when PDP could not pay staff? Where was Makarfi when PDP WADATA plaza is like a ghost mode in Phyno's voice. Sheriff came and paid all his dues. I think, they should have called for a dialogue and settle this amicably.

Our Judiaciary at the other hand is not helping issues. In a situation where Sherrif camp is winning court case in abuja and Makarfi camp is winning court case in PH. Don't you see the handwriting of anti-party activities among the PDP themselves?
The issue is not Makarfi vs Sheriff but a power play. Already, reconciliation is ongoing and at an advanced stage. Hopefully, they reach a truce soon .

As for that troll that you are responding to, good luck to you boss.
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by faithynuvo(m): 9:44am On Sep 16, 2016
[quote author=DONSMITH123 post=49401640]Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

Two factions of the Peoples Democratic Party have submitted the names of two different people as their candidates for the Ondo State governorship election.

The two camps are that of the National Caretaker Committee headed by Senator Ahmed Makarfi while the other is a faction led by Senator Ali Modu Sheriff.

Our correspondent gathered that while Makarfi’s camp submitted the name of Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN), Sheriff’s faction gave the name of Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim as its own candidate to the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The election is scheduled to hold on November 26.

Investigations by our correspondent in Abuja on Thursday showed that the Sheriff’s camp submitted the name “a few hours ago.”

The faction was said to have relied on two court orders, one of which asked the commission to take candidates for the governorship elections in Edo and Ondo states from Sheriff’s camp.

The spokesman for the faction, Mr. Bernard Mikko, confirmed the submission of the name of Ibrahim by his faction.

Mikko, a former member of the House of Representatives, said his faction was sure of winning the election in the state.

He said Sheriff, who he referred to as “the man who has the love of the party at heart,” was sure of being pronounced the “real and authentic national chairman of the party by the courts.”

He said there was nothing to worry about, adding that the faction was merely against the alleged impunity in the party.

Mikko said, “We have a formidable candidate in Jimoh Ibrahim and we have forwarded his name to INEC as the party’s candidate.

“We believe he will defeat any other candidate based on the clean process that threw him up and his antecedents in the state.

“He had contested before and was and still, well received by the electorate. He’s our candidate for the election.”

However, a member of the National Caretaker Committee under the leadership of Makarfi, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, faulted the submission of Ibrahim’s name by the Sheriff faction.

He said the aim and the action of the group would come to nothing, just the way he alleged the faction failed in its bid to submit another name as the party’s governorship candidate in Edo State.

Adeyeye wondered where the faction got the courage to take the name to INEC, when the electoral body did not monitor the primary that produced its candidate.

The contentious primary that threw up Ibrahim took place in Ibadan, Oyo State while the one won by Jegede, was done in Akure, the Ondo State capital.

The former minister of state for works, nevertheless, asked members of the party in Ondo State in particular and Nigeria in general, not to panic.

He said, “If they do that (submission of Ibrahim’s name), it will amount to nothing. This is because, we have court judgments in our favour and moreover, INEC did not monitor their own primary.

“Let them continue with the entertainment. Nigerians are enjoying their drama.”

Reacting, INEC’s Deputy Director on Voter Education and Publicity, Mr. Nick Dazang, said Makarfi group had submitted the name of its candidate.

He said, “Yes, one of them, the Makarfi group had submitted the name of its candidate. I’m not sure if the Sheriff faction has done the same thing either today (Thursday) or yesterday (Wednesday).

“At the end of the day, the commission will sit down to look at the law and take a position on who is the right candidate and who is not.”double wahala for dead body.PDP DON DIE TALE
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2016
sheriff should not be submitting candidate as the come court had said he is not a PDP chairman. Only the PDP NEC can submit names. Unless inec is playing to a tune be played by someone, this should not be a problem

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Omenkata: 9:59am On Sep 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The issue is not Makarfi vs Sheriff but a power play. Already, reconciliation is ongoing and at an advanced stage. Hopefully, they reach a truce soon .

As for that troll that you are responding to, good luck to you boss.

What's this one saying

Bloody hypocrite and a nobody forming important cheesy

Everybody knows you now and there is nothing you can do about it. I will hunt you forever online.
Bloody reformer begging for 1k recharge card on twitter am a proud troll that subscribe his data with his hard earned money not some self illusion reformer that begs for money to subscribe for data on twitter grin

You never see anything your tricks must be exposed keep deceiving yourself
Better get a job and keep yourself busy stop looking for cheap bread from politics because no food for a lazy man cheesy
Traitor!
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Johnwinners: 10:08am On Sep 16, 2016
stephnie1:
lipsrsealed none of my business
it concerns you.
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by DonCortino: 10:08am On Sep 16, 2016
Obj's handwork!
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2016
Selfish politicians! Awon oloriburuku! AAUA has been on strike up to 3 month now, the bastardized governor Is not even concerned a bit, all he care is to continue been in power even indirectly.

The idiot went ahead and created another state university, a state with 3 owned universities when you can't even finance one! Another governor from another town will create his own too.
We sworn enough by God already! He is too gentle! Ogun will kill all of you bad eggs politicians, aye yin mabaje ni
The fraustration of nigeria
The frustration of ondo state
The frustration of an aauaite
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by SharkTank(m): 10:14am On Sep 16, 2016
SweetLove0:

PDP is dead.

Like your brain

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Eyibeauty: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2016
Good day, my fellow nairalanders, please let's help a young Nigerian lady win this global video contest on climate change by viewing and sharing. Your view is your vote, let's give her a million votes.Thanks.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mWfwPjVIRo
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2016
agwom:
wonderful drama!
A drama indeed.
Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by ishiamu(m): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2016
Omenkata:

What's this one saying

Bloody hypocrite and a nobody forming important cheesy

Everybody knows you now and there is nothing you can do about it. I will hunt you forever online.
Bloody reformer begging for 1k recharge card on twitter am a proud troll that subscribe his data with his hard earned money not some self illusion reformer that begs for money to subscribe for data on twitter grin

You never see anything your tricks must be exposed keep deceiving yourself
Better get a job and keep yourself busy stop looking for cheap bread from politics because no food for a lazy man cheesy
Traitor!

awch... boy you wicked... if I were tonyebarcanista aw just go and kill myself.... after all its better I kill my self than to commit suicide... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by odomanis: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
Yomboy4ever:

I see your frustration, d dead party supporter is weeping pls
Accept my condolence...

Just say Amen if you believe in what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names by SweetLove0(f): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
SharkTank:

Like your brain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure / Gov. Aregbesola Bags Doctorate Degree In Public Administration(photos) / Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.