Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,262 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard (12189 Views)

Lagos’ ICT Cluster Takes Off, Targets $10bn Revenue / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian / Development Bank Of Nigeria Takes Off July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by NewsPoacher: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2016
* Gets CBN, BoI nod By Franklin Alli

A Public Private Partnership to mass produce fish for local consumption and export has taken off in Lagos State. The initiative which will fetch the federal government 30 percent returns on investment, investors 40 percent and project promoter 30 percent over the next ten years, is located at Igbo-Olomi Ibeju-Lekki area of the state.

Mr. Segun Kowontan, President, Project Fix Nigeria Limited, disclosed this during visit of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Bank of Industry and Lagos State Government, to the World Bank/ETF assisted fish/livestock farm facilities. He said,” the federal government has handed over the facilities to us under PPP arrangement. We signed the Memorandum of Understanding with the Federal Government less than a year ago. Under the arrangement, the federal government said okay, I have 30 percent of the return on investment, the investors 40 percent and the project promoters 30 percent.”

According to him, over 2,000 individuals and cooperative societies have invested in the scheme. We have Leadway Assurance Plc, NAFDAC, Federal College of Fisheries, and with NAFDAC involvement, we will ensure that the quality of fish production is enhanced so that when you are doing the export leg of it, you don’t get to the entry point and it’s rejected.

“Cooperative societies come in with their funds, they are not paying rents, they don’t need to buy land, dig ponds and provide generators and water and other infrastructure, and their direct monies go into fish productions straight away. “Right now we are producing 500-600kg of smoked fish. We have discovered that markets are not buying 1kg, 2kg: because people don’t want to buy very big fish. They want something that can go round the family. That is why we are producing 500-600 kg,” he said.

He stressed, “The mandate of this project under Public-Private Partnership is to provide platform for cooperatives and associations to go into fish farming. The company is also engaging with cattle association, poultry, and crab and polonies too. There is a process to provide them platforms to produce.” Dr (Mrs.) Ada Momah, Principal Manager, Central Bank of Nigeria, lauded the scheme and noted: “We want every fish farmer in Lagos to be on board for CBN Anchor Borrowers scheme. We have been having meetings with fish farmers in Lagos and we want you inside that platform for us to work together as a family and make sure Lagos comes up strong in fish production.”

Mr. Waheed Olagunju, Acting Managing Director, Bank of Industry, stated “This is a bold step being taken at ensuring self-reliance and food security and fishing is a business on its own, it is an industry and a good way of diversifying our economy. We are more of an agrarian country than an oil producing country. “When we had more money than sense in those days” we were importing fish.

We have water all over the place; we can produce our own fish and feed ourselves. He told the fishing community that the bank supports production and value-addition projects, and the only sector where we are involved in primary production is fish and aquaculture. That is also because of the perishable nature of the product.

Unless you do the processing very close to where you are harvesting, you will have a lot of post-harvest losses. We are to finance potential3y initiatives and that is why we have taken time to be here and listen to every stage of what you explained. While listening, we try to identify the risks along the line while looking out for the opportunities. We are lenders and whatever money we provide must come back. “

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ppp-scheme-mass-produce-fish-takes-off-lagos/

Mynd44, OAM4J, FOD, dominique, puskin, naijacutee

8 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by yimikaa: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2016
Eko o ni baje ooo

WELCOME TO THE OFFICE OF THE FIRST TO COMMENT(FTC)

Change begins with everyone below me tongue

12 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by siraj1402(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2016
Why we have recession:
* Tompolo was paid 13Billion
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m,she has sued the Nigerian state
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Aziboala,GEJ's cousin took 6B naira
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira
* Olu Falae took 100M naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu-2Billion naira
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira
*Bode-George and Dabo-100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b
* Diezzani nko with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund,
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grow winds and disappeared,
20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..
Recession didn't just happen, people stole it into happening....

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki

2- I didn't give order- Jonathan

3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation- Iyorchia Ayu

4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George

5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa

6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office- Thisday Obaigbena.

7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity- Dokpesi

8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa

9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others- Yuguda

10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki

11- My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.

12- I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.

13- 950m was shared in my house-- shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do.
If you believe too, enlighten other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by eleojo23: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2016
That's good news for people who like fish.

I don't like fish.
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by ify2016: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2016
Lala come see food o.

Lagos government is always innovative.

Welcome development

4 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by spactacus(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2016

3 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Qmerit(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2016
Good one...
We must be self sufficient atleast.
Who nor like fish?

5 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Donpett(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2016
That's good initiative i love fishes

2 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by eleojo23: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2016
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki

12- I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.

With all this looting and many more revealed some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

If you believe too, enlighten other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

And in this recession, Buhari spent N5b on the presidential fleet.

http://punchng.com/fg-spends-n5bn-presidential-fleet-15-months/

And also spent N3.4b on the scam called change begins with me.

http://independentnig.com/change-begins-with-me-campaign-gulps-
n3-4bn/

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by seguno2: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2016
Where are the LGA Chairmen and Councillors?
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by MrMcJay(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2016
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Femi Fani-Kayode ...

You forgot to add the ones linked to Buratai and Dambazzau discovered by SR?

15 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by shamecurls(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2016
Lagos and development is like Banga soup with starch

1 Like

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by UjGina: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2016
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

Keep deceiving yourself

19 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by eleojo23: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2016
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by delikay4luv: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2016
Ok
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b
Now HEAR THE THIEVES

They have programmed this one to spam everywhere.

14 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by seguno2: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2016
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

Is that why our president spent N50 billion to launch change begins with LIES?
Is that why the information ministry has BIGGER budget than agriculture ministry?
Is that why the Aso Rock clinic's budget is multiple times bigger than ALL Teaching hospitals combined yet our president TRAVELED to Britain for ordinary ear problems?

Today being Sunday, please remember to remove the biggest log in your eyes before looking for the speck in the eyes of the other person.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by spartan50(m): 7:34am On Sep 18, 2016
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

Ehn you for at least commend the post not politicize it. Your change with me campaign just gulped 3.4 naira. You have to wise the corruption going on now is the worst we would ever see... Regards

7 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Afriface: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2016
Well spoken
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by davodyguy: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2016
I don't know how others feel OK, but I'm so so so loving this recession. Its bringing out a lot from us Nigerians. The low key lifestyles we failed to imbibe in the days of surplus, are now imbibing themselves in us without force.

We are now changing ways of doing things

Those overzealous guys that wait till December to go and oppress at home, now know its worthless and very unnecessary.
Third mainland bridge is now free to drive through during the week cos fuel is now N145/litre, hence people carrying 2-3 cars out from the same compound are now wiser

10 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by davodyguy: 7:38am On Sep 18, 2016
seguno2:

Is that why our president spent[b] N50 billion[/b] to launch change begins with LIES?
Is that why the information ministry has BIGGER budget than agriculture ministry?
Is that why the Aso Rock clinic's budget is multiple times bigger than ALL Teaching hospitals combined yet our president TRAVELED to Britain for ordinary ear problems?

Today being Sunday, please remember to remove the biggest log in your eyes before looking for the speck in the eyes of the other person.
You are a bloody and pathetic liar. Provide an empirical evidence for the highlighted text or go jump into them lagoon. You have two options. Choose one

6 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by loswhite(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2016
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

Obama did not blame bush for recession he responded decisively to the situation....may be papa Buhari can learn from him

3 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by macanu(m): 7:40am On Sep 18, 2016
After all the money,one day you just sleep and not wake up where do all the money go, u suffer in hell forever and forever. All for not...
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by pat077: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Good move, we need more of this.

2 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by davodyguy: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2016
yimikaa:
Eko o ni baje ooo

WELCOME TO THE OFFICE OF THE FIRST TO COMMENT(FTC)

Change begins with everyone below me tongue

Change your life for good from worthlessness and frivolity to tangible ness

1 Like

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Royals1st: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2016
Nice one but why is Amechi not on ur list?

quote author=siraj1402 post=49457276]Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

If you believe too, enlighten other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by omowolewa: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2016
Fish for all

1 Like

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2016
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

But this thread isn't talking about Politics or Recession. So, why not take it to the right section? Or open a thread on it?
And, is buhari waiting until he recover the whole looted funds before he saves the dying masses?
NB: i'm not a fan of Politics. Let alone supporting any party..

7 Likes

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2016
You'll begin to see developmental projects when a serious government is in town.
This is a welcome development, God bless Nigeria

Anyways

Drabeey was Here
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Btruth: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2016
spactacus:
It's LadyF again
fake Lady F. We all know Lady F logo. grin
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Thisis2raw(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2016
What ever will better the life's of Nigerians is a welcome development
Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by bimbodotun(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2016
I want u to know that corruption is not worth wasting money and time on....to eradicate corruption simply block the controls.... I mean the loopholes in the system.How can you fight corruption in a loose system?? To me I believe the fight on corruption is not what we need ryt now.
siraj1402:
Why we have recession:
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b

Now HEAR THE THIEVES

Re: PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard by Thisis2raw(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2016
Alisteven:

But this thread isn't talking about Politics or Recession. So, why not take it to the right section? Or open a thread on it?
And, is buhari waiting until he recover the whole looted funds before he saves the dying masses?
NB: i'm not a fan of Politics. Let alone supporting any party..
that are always confuse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finishing School / Where Can I Buy Baby Clothes? / Requirements For Opening A Corporate Bank Account In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.