Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3483 Views)

Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance / Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Re: . by babythug(f): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
It depends on the state of the mind really! But six months to one year is fair enough in my opinion.

One just needs to pick up the shattered pieces and be ready to give love a chance again
Re: . by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Be sure you don't desire to return to your ex first. After you have settled this within yourself, you can move on. Esp as a child is involved. Wish u grace n wisdom

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
babythug:
It depends on the state of the mind really! But six months to one year is fair enough in my opinion.

One just needs to pick up the shattered pieces and be ready to give love a chance again

Thank you. But don't you think that tongues will wag? forgetting that the lady also deserves to love and be loved in return
Re: . by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
Flowerlady01:
Be sure you don't desire to return to your ex first. After you have settled this within yourself, you can move on. Esp as a child is involved. Wish u grace n wisdom

You have a very valid point as I am yet to ask myself this question. All I have been trying to do is to rid myself of every memory of his existence.

1 Like

Re: . by sisisioge: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
As soon as the hearth heals from the scars of the past. This depends on the people involved. It could be in weeks, months or years...whatever rocks your boat.

Some of us need the rebounds, help us heal faster.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
This is a thing of the mind sir. Do you even know that everything we go has to do with the mind
Jut tell your mind you want to move on and believe me, you will.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
When you feel that you are ready to move on.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: . by babythug(f): 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
Jumaii:

Thank you. But don't you think that tongues will wag? forgetting that the lady also deserves to love and be loved in return

even if one waits forever tongues will still wag! the world cannot be pleased my dear!!!!
Re: . by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2016
analytical help please sad . I am lost
Re: . by kome2: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mindfulness:
When you feel that you are ready to move on.

My dear,I found myself in this same dilemma but I consciously decided to wait first for my heart to heal then allowed my heart be purged of everything that concerns him which wasn't easy anyway,he married before me and a year later I settled down myself. And boy o boy!It was worth the wait cos everyday of my life I thank the almighty God for making it possible to meet my spouse cos he never rubs it in my face that I had a child before meeting him .Allow yourself to feel good again before entering another relationship. Mine cost me almost 5 years to get over.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
kome2:

My dear,I found myself in this same dilemma but I consciously decided to wait first for my heart to heal then allowed my heart be purged of everything that concerns him which wasn't easy anyway,he married before me and a year later I settled down myself. And boy o boy!It was worth the wait cos everyday of my life I thank the almighty God for making it possible to meet my spouse cos he never rubs it in my face that I had a child before meeting him . Allow yourself to feel good again before entering another relationship. Mine cost me almost 5 years to get over.

@bold

Perfectly said!

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
[.
Re: . by babythug(f): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Jumaii:

Well said. Thank you ma. It is just so hard for me at times when i think of everything i have been through. It is even more scary when i ask myself what will happen if i eventually start dating again. Will my partner take my LO as his own? Will he still continue to treat her right when we eventually have more children?

I am just so confused and unhappy. I just wish all of these was a bad dream that will just go away with a snap of the finger.

Our bad experience sometimes limit us on enjoying life as should be! Don't let it be so in your case, find new and meaningful things to occupy yourself and prevent you from constantly thinking of the past.. Even if it's just rearranging your room, it can uplift you, doesn't have to be big things focusing on work and engaging your child more than you used to will help you move on.

When the time is right and a new man has come along you can then begin to worry or be consumed about whether the new man will accept the child as his and treat her like so!

For now take each day as it comes
Re: . by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
babythug:

Our bad experience sometimes limit us on enjoying life as should be! Don't let it be so in your case, find new and meaningful things to occupy yourself and prevent you from constantly thinking of the past.. Even if it's just rearranging your room, it can uplift you, doesn't have to be big things focusing on work and engaging your child more than you used to will help you move on.

When the time is right and a new man has come along you can then begin to worry or be consumed about whether the new man will accept the child as his and treat her like so!

For now take each day as it comes

Thank you so much. Insightful post
Re: . by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ishilove. your opinion please. good afternoon
Re: . by belamour(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
No One Is In The Best State To Tell You When To Move On

You Alone Knows Where The Shoe Pinches You

Are You Sure You Re Done With Your Ex ? (No Future Reconciliation)

Are You Ready To Share Your Baby Attention With Your New Found Partner ?

If YES Then I Think You Can Move On

But I Think You Should Spend More Time With Your Baby

While You Contemplate On What You Really Want.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
belamour:
No One Is In The Best State To Tell You When To Move On

You Alone Knows Where The Shoe Pinches You

Are You Sure You Re Done With Your Ex ? (No Future Reconciliation)

Are You Ready To Share Your Baby Attention With Your New Found Partner ?

If YES Then I Think You Can Move On

But I Think You Should Spend More Time With Your Baby

While You Contemplate On What You Really Want.

Thank you for the piece. i appreciate
Re: . by Dyt(f): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
I feel like sharing a beautiful story but no

As a single parent you have to love yourself and that of your child
Create a very wonderful bond btwn you too
It's what people see that attracts your likes
Be happt
Be beautiful and don't forget to give love another chance

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
Dyt:
I feel like sharing a beautiful story but no

As a single parent you have to love yourself and that of your child
Create a very wonderful bond btwn you too
It's what people see that attracts your likes
Be happy
Be beautiful and don't forget to give love another chance

I wish you could share the story without holding back. Who knows, you might just be helping someone out here.
Right now, my child is my everything and i have been doing all i can to ensure that she gets the best whilst creating that special bond too. Thanks Dyt.

1 Like

Re: . by Dyt(f): 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jumaii:

I wish you could share the story without holding back. Who knows, you might just be helping someone out here.
Right now, my child is my everything and i have been doing all i can to ensure that she gets the best whilst creating that special bond too. Thanks Dyt.

Summary of my story is to love yourself no matter what

Don't shut your heart to love
Open up and you realise there are lots of people that would love you for you

4 Likes

Re: . by Dyt(f): 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
Jumaii

Where's your location?

Wouldn't mind introducing you my beautiful world
smiley

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Dyt:
Jumaii

Where's your location?

Wouldn't mind introducing you my beautiful world
smiley

Lagos ma'am.
Re: . by Dyt(f): 12:23am On Sep 25, 2016
Jumaii:

Lagos ma'am.

Where in lag?
Send me a mail

Kmfworld@gmail.com
Re: . by WorldRichest: 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jumaii:
When is the right time to move on after leaving a bitter relationship filled with emotional abuse bearing in mind that the relationship produced a child and the parents were almost married before sad events unfolded.

Take a second look at your profile picture and the quote on it, then think once again about your past, present and what you want the future to be. Not all broken things are thrown away, some can still be fixed. The guy too is just thinking the same thing that is going through your mind and he is equally confused just as you are. God will guide the two of you.
Re: . by gidjah(m): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hmmm I sure know you not the only one in this dilemma, uncle daddy too is!,trust me he is, save If he is a hell of shitty man, you seem scared about bringing up kids here and there thus dividing your attention, all of us won't want that, I for one will rather stay alone than have kids in two places, trust me,I do not, coming from a polygamous home has taught me the sweetest and most bitter lessons of my life,I honestly do not appreciate ladies tolling that path too.Do you think there are no chances both of you can mend things and settle the differences ?are both of you so heady and in considerate of the future of the kid you brought to this earth?what ever be the matter, if both of you make up your mind that it's gonna work, I think it must work, most of us in Union aren't getting things perfect but for the fact that we all promised our selves that' it must work',then we are making it 'work'!please think over this, once you jump into another relationship, na children things be that o, then you begin to have 'Step this'Step that',Half this',Half that'!!!!would you really love this at the end?not all that went your way got well wit it o!
Re: . by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
WorldRichest:

Take a second look at your profile picture and the quote on it, then think once again about your past, present and what you want the future to be. Not all broken things are thrown away, some can still be fixed. The guy too is just thinking the same thing that is going through your mind and he is equally confused just as you are. God will guide the two of you.

Believe me when I tell you that he has moved on. He is having so much fun and looks very very carefree. I wish... I can only wish...

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 06, 2016
Re: . by thorpido(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
Once you give yourself time to heal and your heart is ready,you should move on.
You say he has moved on already so stop trying to pull him back in your heart.
Don't rush into a relationship just yet or you might get hurt more.Just leave yourself room to be approachable,be happy.Let anyone you meet who shows interest know you have a child.

1 Like

Re: . by Dyt(f): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
It's not easy but you have to let it go
How long do you wanna keep your sober self
Pls get it over already
You have your daughter to care for
That should even be your worry
Take care of yourself and stop worrying about a man

When you are happy
Make yourself happy
Do the things that makes you happy
Then the world will be under you

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

as / . / People Who Live Alone Shares Underrated Advantages Of Doing So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.