Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite (934 Views)

Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite by Onlytruth(m): 5:27am On Oct 10, 2009
The need for a revolution in this country is so strong and there are people available to see it through.

What Major Nzeogwu and his colleagues tried to do in 1966 was a revolution but it didn’t work.

It was like that  because they allowed the reactionaries to intervene. The reactionaries in the military intervened with active help and support from abroad. But the situation of the world is changing now that oppression and injustice in different parts of the world is no longer the business of that country. So, don’t worry about that.

Nzeogwu and his colleagues failed because there were reactionaries in the military as well as corrupt elements. And these hijacked their revolution. But like I said, the consideration of world politics has changed.

There is an international court of justice for trying injustice committed against humanity. People who appeared to have gotten away with the injustice they committed have not really gotten away. They would be brought to justice.

If you can’t see the handwriting on the wall yet, I will not blame you. In Nigeria, the best is a tool in the hands of the corrupt elements. Sooner than you can imagine, the best will be in the vanguard of a revolution. There is no alternative.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/10/there-will-be-no-elections-in-2011-braithwaite/

I personally don't share in his optimism. Too much water has passed under the bridge!
Re: Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite by Onlytruth(m): 5:43am On Oct 10, 2009
To all those Nigerians who still call for a revolution; In 1966 the level of corruption was at about 30%. Today it is at about 90%! So, revolution is impossible in current Nigeria. Only something new would do. Something truly transformative. Something like partitioning the place into manageable parts!
Re: Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite by babapupa: 6:39am On Oct 10, 2009
That was nothing but sadistic blood bath and massacre of innocent people, not a revolution.

Please stop re-writing history.
Re: Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite by SapeleGuy: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2009
" The military pride itself for having intervened in the affairs of this country. I won’t score Nigeria’s military as all that patriotic in their intervention. Most of the mess which we have now was committed by the military.

How many of their retired generals are not millionaires? "

For me this is a great quote, those putchists in 1966 were greedy and ill disciplined. The corruption they precipitated is unrivalled.
Re: Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite by Onlytruth(m): 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2009
babapupa:

That was nothing but sadistic blood bath and massacre of innocent people, not a revolution.

Please stop re-writing history.

Nigerians and irrationality!
So there can be a revolution without "blood bath and massacre of innocent people". Your brand of revolution must be by GOD! Which is why Nigerians fool themselves about a bloodless revolution. History teaches us otherwise. In a deeply tribalistic country as Nigeria, revolution (bloody or not) is IMPOSSIBLE!
So, divvy up the place!

(1) (Reply)

Avatar-the Last Air Bender And The Figurative Nigerian Comparative / Letter To My Countrymen / Nigerian President Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.