Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition (13402 Views)

Repair Your Car Brain Box, Program Your Key, Buy Your Auto Scanner. / How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) / Ignition Coil For A Chevrolet Suburban Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by NevetsIbot(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
So, this night, someone brushEd Dads packed car while claiming he was in an emergency. He almost ran me over and hit another person on the road.... Ontop emergency.

So, trying to make a quick check on the engine after washing the car tonight since Dad has a very urgent journey to make tomorrow morning. The key just wouldn't turn. Every other thing was working except the Ignition. The key didn't turn.

What happened? When that Bozo brushed the already parked car. It moved the car forward and an automatic car will instantly lock its steering wheel along with the ignition. but, I didn't know.

So after panicking for some minutes, I decided to google and I found the solution. And its quite simple. Jig your already locked steering left and right while trying to turn the key. It should unlock the steering and the key should now be able to turn and there you go.. Your car is unlocked.

Just decided to share this so everyone can know what to do when a case like this comes up in urgent situations. If I hadn't gotten solution, Dad might probably have to get to Benin late tomorrow cos he was busy paying a mechanic to do something as simple as this.

Goodningt cheesy

Cc Lalasticlala, seun

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by emerich(m): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nice info bro, thoughtful of you to share.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by NevetsIbot(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
emerich:
Nice info bro, thoughtful of you to share.
Thank you

NB : I know some people will find this little info useless but it doesn't matter. Those who will still learn will learn. Just like I was oblivious to it for years and just learnt it today, others too can learn it too...

12 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by techinfong: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2016
Dope
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by SortOut: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2016
Informative..... Nagode
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by africandollar: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2016
Are you a learner? Sorry let me rephrase, are you and your Dad both learners? tongue

60 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Junior66(m): 6:43am On Sep 17, 2016
I think most of us ajekpako drivers already know this. Tnks for sharing.

48 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2016
Good and Informative. Not all those yeye unworthy FP topics
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by BE811APP: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2016
Nothing new here..

OP when did u start driving? lipsrsealed

41 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2016
So this is now Fp material? Nawa o

What even ppl who don't drive know. At least I knew from pry 6 just by watching my mum.

Is like economy is reducing the quality of NL production too. Fp news now china quality.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by 1shortblackboy: 6:44am On Sep 17, 2016
Mcheeeeew dont u people drive cars ? What is d new info here?

12 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by hUmaneOne: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2016
Its official.our mods have gone crazy.

I mean,which car driver doesn't know that the steering can sometimes lock and you can also unlock by turning the steering back and forth while trying the ignition too?

For God's sake this is what I knew in jss1. Simply by observing.

You see why siena left?? .they were dulling his intellect.

I cannot believe a Car Talk mod will do this. They are way too smart for this

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Europe(f): 6:45am On Sep 17, 2016
I tot mine was a sensor problem,left it till next day donu wat happen,it did turn
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Teejayphillip(m): 6:45am On Sep 17, 2016
No knowledge is lost..

Thank u 4 d info..

God bless u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by AdeniyiA(m): 6:45am On Sep 17, 2016
Very embarrassing sometimes, you start fumbling with the key as if you're a learner...

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by BE811APP: 6:46am On Sep 17, 2016
God Bless you!

Junior66:
I think most of us ajekpako drivers already know this. Tnks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by pek(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2016
BE811APP:
Nothing new here..

OP when did u start driving? lipsrsealed
You could have read without commenting, you would have made sense. What is not new to you is new to someone else.

16 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by d33types: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2016
pek:
You could have read without commenting, you would have made sense. What is not new to you is new to someone else.

You shouldn't post for posting sakes too.any body ever driven a car for sometime knows this so-called trick.
See why Nigeria is fvcked up.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by iyisco2001(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2016
Are you seriously serious??
sad
When kids get internet access, this is what happens.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by jeeqaa7(m): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2016
na so
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by onitijuprosper(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2016
I don't see any bad in sharing this, new car drivers emerge everyday. The info is useful for them if not for old drivers.

Let's learn how to appreciate.

I experienced this at filling station during the last fuel scarcity, it's embarrassing.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Damilola929(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2016
Ok
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by refreshrate: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2016
sergiozlatan:
Good and Informative. Not all those yeye unworthy FP topics

You mean the ones about snake abi?

Lala is coming for you...just wait.
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by moscobabs(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2016
hUmaneOne:
Its official.our mods have gone crazy.

I mean,which car driver doesn't know that the steering can sometimes lock and you can also unlock by turning the steering back and forth pls trying the ignition too?

For God's sake this is what I knew in jss1. Simply by observing.

You see why siena left?? .they were dulling his intellect.

I cannot believe a Car Talk mod will do this. They are way too smart for this
bro I beg sey na true say Siena left Nairaland?
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Octaves(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2016
I've known this even before i started driving. It happens with manual cars too
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Peacefulgold(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Europe:
I tot mine was a sensor problem,left it till next day donu wat happen,it did turn
For 3yrs plus uve been on NL and u have only 11posts.....
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Flexherbal(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the info.
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by aieromon(m): 7:26am On Sep 17, 2016
Hmmmm,mod just open the door,I want to show you something sad angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by DjAndroid: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
Very dumb post. Who doesnt know this. Or op started driving today
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Coldfeets: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
1shortblackboy:
Mcheeeeew dont u people drive cars ? What is d new info here?

It's new for some people

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by Bigwig1: 7:32am On Sep 17, 2016
All this amateur drivers that attended AA driving school. Thanks anyway but it's not new grin
Re: What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition by hUmaneOne: 7:39am On Sep 17, 2016
moscobabs:

bro I beg sey na true say Siena left Nairaland?
Of course, Because of stuffs like.
Hello my car is overheating and my radiator water level is down.should I add water or leave it like that?

This thread is just another of those nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Kind Of Car Can ₦1 Million Get Me? / Which Exterior Colour Will Suit A Brown Leather Seat Interior Colour / Frustrated Due To Damaged Immobilizer/brainbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.