Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make (5818 Views)

5 Big Mistakes That Bloggers Make / 4 Possible Reasons First-Time Bloggers Fail / 7 Mistakes Bloggers Make That Defame Their Blogs By Mediapace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Busolami2015(f): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
We live in an age where being a blogger is a perfectly viable career choice. However, as more and more people are discovering blogging, we are also seeing more and more mistakes being made by these first-time bloggers. This article is aimed at them specifically and it is all about how they can avoid making mistakes that will hurt their new and budding blogging career.

1. Copying Others

To someone who has had little to no contact with writing stuff other people will read, coming up with unique content can seem like a daunting task. Some people immediately remember their school days when they were forced to write essays and reports. The important thing to remember is that you should never copy others. Sure, you can consult other people’s blogs to get ideas and a feel for the subject, but never copy others.

Why would anyone read your stuff, when they can read the original?
2. Not Using Social Media

The mere fact that you wrote a great piece of content does not necessarily mean that people will notice it and talk about it. The good news is that thanks to social media, it is now easier than ever to share the stuff you write. Facebook and Twitter are the most popular social networks today, although Instagram, Snapchat are trailing them closely these days. Using social networks will get your content in front of more people and enable them to share it with their friends.
3. Not Doing Guest Blogging

Guest blogging is a practice where you approach owners of other blogs and ask them if you could contribute to their websites. It may seem counterproductive to produce content for other people, but the kind of exposure you will get will be worth it. More than this, thanks to the links you will get in return, your own blog will become more popular and rank better in search engines. This can mean a lot once you start trying to make your blog really strong.
4. Not Being Consistent

One of the most common mistakes that new blog owners make is they think they can post new content whenever they feel like it. When running a blog, it is crucial that you publish content on a regular basis. You can choose the rhythm yourself – it can be from once a day to once a week or even rarer. The important thing is that people know they can count on you and that search engines also get a regular influx of content from your website.

5. Not Thinking about the Visuals

Whether you like it or not, the web is turning from text to visual and at an ever-increasing pace. Whereas once you could rely on well-written content to get you noticed, these days, people just do not have the patience for comprehensive articles, even on the subjects that they consider interesting. This is why new bloggers need to remember that the visual aesthetics can easily influence how they make money from blogging. If you can find the time, you should also think about producing some video content and posting it on your YouTube profile. The days of text are long gone.
Closing Word

Avoiding these mistakes is going to prevent disasters. Turning your blog into a profitable one is going to take more work than just this, though. But as long as you are ready to work hard and improve your skills, you should be well off.

cc lalasticlala

saw this on: http://techcribng.com/5-mistakes-first-time-bloggers-make/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Calismart(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
I dey do all these things na.

God help me o

I dont copy
I use social media
I do guest blogging
I am consistent

4 over 5

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by techinfong: 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
Thumbs up
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
Busolami2015:

cc lalasticlala
saw this on: http://techcribng.com/5-mistakes-first-time-bloggers-make/
op which era are you leaving in , stone age?

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Busolami2015(f): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
9PBLIVE:
op which era are you leaving in , stone age?
lol this is a forum site joor
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Busolami2015(f): 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
Cc lalasticlala
Iam back on NL
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Toluwani113: 12:03am On Sep 19, 2016
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by lonelydora: 6:34am On Sep 19, 2016
Okay
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by olasubomi007(m): 6:37am On Sep 19, 2016
wink
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Famouson: 6:39am On Sep 19, 2016
Cool
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Marv650(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2016
Check mine and see if i'm making that mistake. . .

check my signature and see if you can honestly help.
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 19, 2016
OK
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by techinfong: 6:42am On Sep 19, 2016
Morning house
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 19, 2016
Nice info
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Marv650(m): 6:46am On Sep 19, 2016
If i post my blog now that yeye mod will block me, see others posting theirs. . . .
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by soccerpundit(m): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2016
I never made any of such. so?
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by chibatov(m): 7:04am On Sep 19, 2016
summary is that most wannabe bloggers are lazy and moneyhungry
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by jiodecos(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2016
Who can teach how blog
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 19, 2016
Great! God help.
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by ElSherriff: 7:22am On Sep 19, 2016
The blogging thing requires consistency, and for us that have regular jobs, finding that time can be very daunting. I hung my blogging boots barely two months into it!!!
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by henrimoto(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2016
Calismart:
I dey do all these things na.
God help me o
I dont copy I use social media I do guest blogging I am consistent
4 over 5
What's your blog Add.?
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by henrimoto(m): 7:28am On Sep 19, 2016
Busolami2015:
Cc lalasticlala
Iam back on NL
@Busolami, what happened to your 'streetgist' site?
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Rick9(m): 7:30am On Sep 19, 2016
I blog for fun. I post whenever I get the right motivation. Owe nobody any explanation
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2016
Please I need help on my WordPress blog..
Pls can u advise me on d theme I should use? (I asked because when I post long words, there is no option to click continue reading, so that it can save a lot of time when scrolling down)

Nairalanders hellep me please!!! Seun and lalasticlala help me to beg your guys to help me ...smiles
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Amastermovic(m): 7:40am On Sep 19, 2016
IssyGenius:
Please I need help on my WordPress blog..
Pls can u advise me on d theme I should use? (I asked because when I post long words, there is no option to click continue reading, so that it can save a lot of time when scrolling down)

Nairalanders hellep me please!!! Seun and lalasticlala help me to beg your guys to help me ...smiles
. link to your blog lemme see
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 19, 2016
Amastermovic:
. link to your blog lemme see
ajimotokanfemi.
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by phoenix45(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
My own tips.
Most new bloggers is after google adsense forgetting that even when google approved you. How many visitors are you getting per day. And what authorities does your blog have in your own particular niche.
You can visit my blog to check out stories and others...www.helzita..com
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Bloggers Make by Amastermovic(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2016
IssyGenius:
ajimotokanfemi.
try mh magazine themes... no need of using read more for the themes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Entireweb Affiliate Review And Payment Proofs (ppc Affiliate Program) / An Open Source Social Networking Script That Looks Like Facebook / 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.