Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors (5835 Views)

Top 3 SEO Techniques To Outshine Your Competitors / Marketing Tactics To Steal From Your Competitors / Spy On Your Competitors And Get Their Backlinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by destindd(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2019
I really want to appreciate potential and existing visitors for taking your time reading my articles on Search Engine, Relationship, Capacity, Principles and on. God bless you all!. But now, i will explain and share some tricks you can use to overcome your competitors in SEM. Stay tune, walk around and grab a cup of coffee. Let’s get started!

Many people are familiar with SEM but doesn’t know how it’s works, how they can benefit from it, what makes it unique in marketing and why it’s so effective to product campaign. Before i buttress more on it, I would like to make a clear statement by telling you what exactly is SEM and SEO. Let’s begin from there!

What is SEM and SEO?

SEM is known as SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING, this is where advertiser, companies and businesses compete or bid for a certain keywords for their products or services to show up on organic search engine list page while SEO is known as SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION, this is where you promote your business in an unpaid search engine. The differences is that for SEM you have to pay before your product or services will appear i.e Advertiser bid for adspace in organic search engine while for SEO you don’t have to pay before your blog content or services will appear in organic search engine, all you need to do is to make sure your content is relevant, engaging, good and interesting to the searcher.

HOW Search engine marketing WORKS

Now, you probably understand the basic of search engine marketing, even though you don’t know or have the deep knowledge on how it works yet. Let’s begin by saying, you search for something like “Fashion dress”. you’ll get lots of option on the search engine results list page related to that search query. Now, let’s take closer look at those results.

The links you see in the main part of the page are called “organic” results. It cost nothing to appear here (SEO). This is where search engine pull out website they think have the most relevant, Quality and engaging content. But if you take a careful look at the right column and across the top of the page. See those results? These listings are paid advertisement called (SEM).

SEM let’s you use the space to advertise to potential or existing customers, when they search for a keyword or types in a search query relevant to your business, your business is likely to show up.

Another important stuff about SEM is that the advertiser only pays when someone clicks on their ad. That’s, if your ad appear on search engine result list, but no one clicks on it, you won’t be charged. This is known as pay-per-click advertising. Let’s say you’re a fashion designer, you may want your ads to show when someone searches for fashion designer. The good news is you’ll only pay if the searcher clicks on your advert. Using SEM as your campaign source, it’s very likely that people who clicked your ad are interested in what you offer or in your product. By now, you probably have a clue that SEM is a great way to advertise to people at the right moment.

BASIC THING TO KNOW ABOUT AUCTION SYSTEM

But, SEM is based on auction system, what do i mean by auction system? This is when business bid for adspace for their product or services to appear on search engine. Have you ever wondered where exactly my product or services will appear using SEM? Well, SEO like blog contents or products usually get listed in the center of search engine result page. And at the top and down right column you’ll see the paid ads i.e (SEM). Search engines usually limit the number of slots advert that will appear in an individual page. I think search engine do give maximum of 4 slots at the top page. So, after a searcher types in a search query, the advert that “win” appear in more desirable slots on the result page – near the top. In SEM, what influence your performance in the auction doesn’t depend on bid only, but also the relevance of your advert is very important as well. The only way you can trigger success in the auction system is by having a competitive bid, as well as strong relevance. Getting both of these right will yield great result for success in SEM.

FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN SEM

Now, what do i mean by bid and relevance? Let’s say you’re willing to pay up 10 dollars or naira when people click on your ad after searching for fashion dress. This is what we called Max cost per click. Now, if your competitor only got a max cpc of 5 dollars or naira, you’ll have a higher bid, quite right!, meaning you’ll be “ahead” in the auction. Note: Advertiser can change their max cpc at any time, so you’ll definitely want to keep an eye on your bids regularly to ensure you pull out the best result you want. But, there is more to the auction than just the bids. Other big factor is relevance known as Quality score, let’s say someone searches for “fashion dress” and your ad’s headline is “fashion dress in New York”, the search engine probably consider your ad highly relevant. But what if your ad’s headline is “fashion service in New York” We know that both ad’s refer to fashion, but this one is less relevant, because it’s talking about fashion service instead of fashion dress.
Let’s say company 1 bids 5 dollars, but their advert is less relevant, so a 3 out of 10. But company 2 bids 2 dollars and their relevance is a full 10. If look deeply, we can make calculation to figure out what will happen in the auction. Let’s multiply out, company 1 auction score is 15 i.e bid (5) multiply by relevance (3) = 15, while company 2 auction scores an impression of 20, even with a lower max cpc. Definitely, company 2 adverts wins the auction, thereby getting a higher position on the organic search list page. Grab a cup of coffee, stretch your hands – Let’s get started. Read more at http://destinedblog.ml

Source: destinedblog

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by destindd(m): 11:42am On May 08, 2019
Don't forget to share and comment
Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by destindd(m): 10:27pm On May 08, 2019
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by Freethesis: 6:43am On May 09, 2019
See poster wey dey reply himself

Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by qanda: 6:47am On May 09, 2019
Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by anambraamaka: 6:53am On May 09, 2019
I'm tired of these betting scams on FP
Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by missjane: 7:01am On May 09, 2019
I think say na social exchange market wey promise naija pple grant for three years now no show..
Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by chudez0147(m): 7:03am On May 09, 2019
Ok
Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by Ruddyman(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2019
Good one
Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by SEONaijaExpert: 7:46am On May 09, 2019
First thing first, SEM is not for bloggers or web owners without a product or service. Promoting contents and not services is a pure waste of money.

Also, make sure you've done a good research on your landing page and you've it ready to redirect.

A lot of PPC campaigns make the mistake of directing leads straight to the sales page. How can I buy a product or your service if you've not convinced me?

To make it easier, if you're a serious brand use clickfunnel, it's about $97 monthly, most of the sales process has been integrated. Better still, make sure your leads are converted to returning customers just in case they didn't buy at first visit.

How do you do this? Set up some attractive CTA (call to action). That way, your PPC money is not burnt. If your customers didn't buy, at least they dropped something and they could buy from future offers.

In all, before you run a PPC, have an effective sales funnel. It's a strong competition out there and you're not the only one on your niche. Budget must be good enough to outrank others but it's effective. If you're that small and growing and can't meet that up, just use local ads and send leads via sales channel. Almost same result but not as effective since Google is a power brand for traffic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by Lagosfinder(m): 7:51am On May 09, 2019
Free info but works
Re: 6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors by Kayceenaz(m): 1:49pm On May 09, 2019
destindd:
I really want to appreciate potential and existing visitors for taking your time reading my articles on Search Engine, Relationship, Capacity, Principles and on. God bless you all!. But now, i will explain and share some tricks you can use to overcome your competitors in SEM. Stay tune, walk around and grab a cup of coffee. Let’s get started!

Many people are familiar with SEM but doesn’t know how it’s works, how they can benefit from it, what makes it unique in marketing and why it’s so effective to product campaign. Before i buttress more on it, I would like to make a clear statement by telling you what exactly is SEM and SEO. Let’s begin from there!

What is SEM and SEO?

SEM is known as SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING, this is where advertiser, companies and businesses compete or bid for a certain keywords for their products or services to show up on organic search engine list page while SEO is known as SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION, this is where you promote your business in an unpaid search engine. The differences is that for SEM you have to pay before your product or services will appear i.e Advertiser bid for adspace in organic search engine while for SEO you don’t have to pay before your blog content or services will appear in organic search engine, all you need to do is to make sure your content is relevant, engaging, good and interesting to the searcher.

HOW Search engine marketing WORKS

Now, you probably understand the basic of search engine marketing, even though you don’t know or have the deep knowledge on how it works yet. Let’s begin by saying, you search for something like “Fashion dress”. you’ll get lots of option on the search engine results list page related to that search query. Now, let’s take closer look at those results.

The links you see in the main part of the page are called “organic” results. It cost nothing to appear here (SEO). This is where search engine pull out website they think have the most relevant, Quality and engaging content. But if you take a careful look at the right column and across the top of the page. See those results? These listings are paid advertisement called (SEM).

SEM let’s you use the space to advertise to potential or existing customers, when they search for a keyword or types in a search query relevant to your business, your business is likely to show up.

Another important stuff about SEM is that the advertiser only pays when someone clicks on their ad. That’s, if your ad appear on search engine result list, but no one clicks on it, you won’t be charged. This is known as pay-per-click advertising. Let’s say you’re a fashion designer, you may want your ads to show when someone searches for fashion designer. The good news is you’ll only pay if the searcher clicks on your advert. Using SEM as your campaign source, it’s very likely that people who clicked your ad are interested in what you offer or in your product. By now, you probably have a clue that SEM is a great way to advertise to people at the right moment.

BASIC THING TO KNOW ABOUT AUCTION SYSTEM

But, SEM is based on auction system, what do i mean by auction system? This is when business bid for adspace for their product or services to appear on search engine. Have you ever wondered where exactly my product or services will appear using SEM? Well, SEO like blog contents or products usually get listed in the center of search engine result page. And at the top and down right column you’ll see the paid ads i.e (SEM). Search engines usually limit the number of slots advert that will appear in an individual page. I think search engine do give maximum of 4 slots at the top page. So, after a searcher types in a search query, the advert that “win” appear in more desirable slots on the result page – near the top. In SEM, what influence your performance in the auction doesn’t depend on bid only, but also the relevance of your advert is very important as well. The only way you can trigger success in the auction system is by having a competitive bid, as well as strong relevance. Getting both of these right will yield great result for success in SEM.

FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN SEM

Now, what do i mean by bid and relevance? Let’s say you’re willing to pay up 10 dollars or naira when people click on your ad after searching for fashion dress. This is what we called Max cost per click. Now, if your competitor only got a max cpc of 5 dollars or naira, you’ll have a higher bid, quite right!, meaning you’ll be “ahead” in the auction. Note: Advertiser can change their max cpc at any time, so you’ll definitely want to keep an eye on your bids regularly to ensure you pull out the best result you want. But, there is more to the auction than just the bids. Other big factor is relevance known as Quality score, let’s say someone searches for “fashion dress” and your ad’s headline is “fashion dress in New York”, the search engine probably consider your ad highly relevant. But what if your ad’s headline is “fashion service in New York” We know that both ad’s refer to fashion, but this one is less relevant, because it’s talking about fashion service instead of fashion dress.
Let’s say company 1 bids 5 dollars, but their advert is less relevant, so a 3 out of 10. But company 2 bids 2 dollars and their relevance is a full 10. If look deeply, we can make calculation to figure out what will happen in the auction. Let’s multiply out, company 1 auction score is 15 i.e bid (5) multiply by relevance (3) = 15, while company 2 auction scores an impression of 20, even with a lower max cpc. Definitely, company 2 adverts wins the auction, thereby getting a higher position on the organic search list page. Grab a cup of coffee, stretch your hands – Let’s get started. Read more at http://destinedblog.ml

Source: destinedblog

A very educative post. Kudos!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer / How To Earn A Minimum Of ₦250,000 Online Monthly In Nigeria / Reasons Why You Don’t Make Money From Konga Affiliate Program And How You Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.