Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? (17243 Views)

Does Islam Prohibit Smoking Or Selling Drugs? And Drinking Or Selling Alcohol? I / Does Islam Forbids Contraceptive Pills? / What Does Islam Say About Terrorism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 23, 2016
Such impatience everywhere.

Omenika:
Muslims, please educate me.

When you discover that one is a witch how should this be handled in Islam?

@op. First, what do you understand by the word 'witch'? I dont think that we Muslims understand the meaning in the same way that you Christians do. We also dont believe that God talks to pastors (or 'alfas') and points out 'witches' to them. This belief creates confusion such as the terrible child 'witch' huntings and subsequent torture and killings by Christians in the South south (and other) regions.

9 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Paseus(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2016
Smellymouth:

Wise words..
Alhamdulillah.. cool
baba smelly re u a muslim?

1 Like

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Smellymouth: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2016
Paseus:
baba smelly re u a muslim?

You nor know since? grin

I am a child of Allah.. cool
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by mrMeen(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
I am a Wizard and i am a Muslim.. how should i deal with myself? grin
you should put yourself on fire and pray for forgiveness but on the other hand you have committed suicide and you are gong to hell so we leave your situation to god almighty.
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Alphacrissy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
talkingtruth:

What are the signs?

The Lord who exposed a witch in my house and prevented a witch in my neighborhood from harming me is capable of doing any miracle. The girl fell near the door into the air from the upstairs and she was within reach as she didn't sink. She didn't jump into the air, she only stepped into it and she was suspended at the shout of Jesus. That is the difference between Christianity and Islam. The God of the Christians do demonstrate His Mightiness through miracles. Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, miraculously provided food for more than 5,000 from few fish and a little bread and there were leftovers. He walked on water, stilled the wild wind. Nothing is impossible for Him, and because He is alive, He is still doing miracles till today. He said what He did we shall also do through Him. The disciples also did a lot of miracles, sey you know?

So Jesus that refused to prove his 'stunts' when the Devil took him to the top of the pinnacle and asked him to jump down is the one that yanked the girl off space! Christians and gullibility! You need to file an objection to Newton's Law of gravity!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Alphacrissy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Smellymouth:

You nor know since? grin

Allah begets no child and He is not begotten. Better start a real search for your father

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by eitsei(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
Smellymouth:

You nor know since? grin

boss Smellymouth.. Allah no get child o.. We are all creatures and servants of Allah

9 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Paseus(m): 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
Smellymouth:

You nor know since? grin
masha Allah...juma'at kareem

2 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Souljaboi1: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Farmerforlife:
Such impatience everywhere.

@op. First, what do you understand by the word 'witch'? I dont think that we Muslims understand the meaning in the same way that you Christians do. We also dont believe that God talks to pastors (or 'alfas') and points out 'witches' to them. This belief creates confusion such as the terrible child 'witch' huntings and subsequent torture and killings by Christians in the South south (and other) regions.

Ahsant ! BaarakaLLaahu fee.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by teebozz1: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
best response so far

Although you don't need it putting my past experience with you in consideration, but I'll give some of the signs for those that are interested;

1 – The magician will ask you for some clothing which has been in direct contact with your body, they are looking for something which has traces of sweat upon it. It can also be a comb, or some hair, or a picture (photo).

2 – The magician will ask you for your name and the name of your mother. This type of magician is potentially greater in his disbelief than others, because the devils are prepared to work for him through names alone, without the need for any clothing or hair and the likes, which indicates his obedience to the devils is greater than others, and that he has reached a level with these devils that other lesser magicians have not.

3 – He will chant or mumble what are talismans (spells, amulets) but in a language that is not understandable, also will ask a person to keep away from the people for a defined time in a room in which no sunlight enters.

4 – He will often use incense or a fire in which he will put incense.

5 – The magician will ask you for a sacrificial animal (chicken, sheep etc.) with a given description (i.e. age, size etc.) so that it is sacrificed in a specific way (without Allaah's name being mentioned), and then its blood is used to smear on to the patient's body (where he has his pain or disease), or the patient may be requested to go to a deserted buildings or places and asked to smear the blood, or it may be on stones or on trees in a certain location.

6 – On some occasions the magician may tell the person his name, his mother's name, the place he has come from, or the reason (problem, ailment, need) for which he has come. He gets this knowledge through the devils he is giving obedience to, and which he is summoning for this purpose.

7 – He may give the person an amulet in the shape of a triangle or a square (made out of paper, or a cloth), or it could be out of leather, or it could be made out of silver, and inside of it there are written calls for help from the devils, coded through numbers and symbols, and words written backwards. He may ask the person to hang them around his neck or put them under the pillow.

These are just some of them,

These signs are found amongst many people claiming to be "faith-healers", and they come out in the garb of faith, pretending to be pious, and they place advertisements in the papers and on the radio and television (in some Muslim lands) and in the Western lands also.

grin grin abeg no burst my head with lie jhor........[/quote]
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by ibnjarir93(m): 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
talkingtruth:

You can't get any answer because deliverance is not conducted in Islam. It appears witchcraft is not fought in Islam.
You are wrong sir. Islam has a way for dealing with metaphysics, jinns, sorcery, & evil eye (I doubt if you even know about this).

1 Like

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by ibnjarir93(m): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
talkingtruth:

You can't get any answer because deliverance is not conducted in Islam. It appears witchcraft is not fought in Islam.
You are wrong sir. Islam has a way for dealing with metaphysics, jinns, sorcery, & evil eye (I doubt if you even know about this).
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Occurstaem(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Omenika:
Muslims, please educate me.

When you discover that one is a witch how should this be handled in Islam?
You can download ruqyah here.
https://www.nairaland.com/3349223/download-ruqyah-sheikh-abdul-rahman-sudais
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by abdoolorunwa(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
talkingtruth:

The question was thrown to Muslims. so I shall literally answer you as best i can in alignment with your own belief to avoid ur mockery (the reason we do not reply such public questions, because of ur misinterpretation of a topic).
Witchcraft can be traced to the two angels Haroof and Maroof, who taught man magic, and they did not teach it until they had said that they were only a temptation unto man i.e it was something to be avoided. People used it to cast spell upon peoples eyes thereby deceiving man and afflicting man. the practice of this could be termed as witchcraft or sorcery if u like.
There are evil spirits in Jinns who attack man in mysterious ways, so when we find a person is possessed we simply recite some portion of the glorious qur'an upon the ears of the possessed, and they do not like the words of Allah recited, so they flee the body they took captive of to either return or be gone forever.
Thats as far as i can tell you literally.

1 Like

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
mrMeen:
you should put yourself on fire and pray for forgiveness but on the other hand you have committed suicide and you are gong to hell so we leave your situation to god almighty.
Lol
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Empiree: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Witches and wizard doesn't exist

Just like how Heaven or hell or Satan doesn't exist,all those things doesn't exist

Sounds like you live in Disney world
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Babalola1191: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by jasuam(f): 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Even On an Islamic trend, this one will not let me rest with unnecessary lies and dramas in the christiandom.

Oga, the op is asking for an Islamic solution. Please, swallow your unending fairy tales, we've heard them before.
talkingtruth:

What are the signs?

The Lord who exposed a witch in my house and prevented a witch in my neighborhood from harming me is capable of doing any miracle. The girl fell near the door into the air from the upstairs and she was within reach as she didn't sink. She didn't jump into the air, she only stepped into it and she was suspended at the shout of Jesus. That is the difference between Christianity and Islam. The God of the Christians do demonstrate His Mightiness through miracles. Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, miraculously provided food for more than 5,000 from few fish and a little bread and there were leftovers. He walked on water, stilled the wild wind. Nothing is impossible for Him, and because He is alive, He is still doing miracles till today. He said what He did we shall also do through Him. The disciples also did a lot of miracles, sey you know?

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 24, 2016
Contact17:

Witchcraft (learning and practicing) is considered great evil in Islam. Hence, it carries a hefty punishment. This is because it affects the lives of others either psychologically or physically. Many people have be harmed because of witchcraft- either by loss of lives, properties and even just loss of comfort.
If someone is accused and proven to be practicing witchcraft, the issue is taken to a judge. The judge will then either give the person a chance to repent or order the capital punishment. Whether the person is given a chance to repent or the capital punishment depends on a variety of factors (ie, was the person caught red handed, is the person willing to repent etc).

How can anyone give capital punishment when its not government? This is evil also
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 24, 2016
themall:

How can anyone give capital punishment when its not government? This is evil also

This cant be done in a state using secular laws, and even in a land using sharee'ah, the case must be reported to the government WITH SUFFICIENT PROOFS.

1 Like

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 24, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Witches and wizard doesn't exist

Just like how Heaven or hell or Satan doesn't exist,all those things doesn't exist

What work does witches and wizards do ?? How can i join them ??

Guy nobody wan buy agege bread here, i think you missed your way.
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:
This cant be done in a state using secular laws, and even in a land using sharee'ah, the case must be reported to the government WITH SUFFICIENT PROOFS.
Well, that might be sufficient for Muslims only. Practitioners will go to any length to enforce any penalty even if the state is secular.
Women accused of adultery has had to be ferried away quickly, from the community of predominant Muslims (e.g. Northern Nigeria) even when the state in general is secular, because the judges intended to execute their judgement. Out of fear, some citizens are forced to engage in self censorship!

If a person confesses to witchcraft, does it mean that person is guilty of any offense?
Also, if a person confesses to witchcraft, who has that person offended that needs to be avenged? I'll really, like to know.
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:
OlajumokeBread: Witches and wizard doesn't exist

What work does witches and wizards do ?? How can i join them ??

Guy nobody wan buy agege bread here, i think you missed your way.
Does electro-magnetic-force exist?
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Farmerforlife:
Such impatience everywhere. @op. First, what do you understand by the word 'witch'? I dont think that we Muslims understand the meaning in the same way that you Christians do. We also dont believe that God talks to pastors (or 'alfas') and points out 'witches' to them. This belief creates confusion such as the terrible child 'witch' huntings and subsequent torture and killings by Christians in the South south (and other) regions.
how do Muslims understand the word witch? I know almost every Muslim Alufas-of-power invokes one spirit world or the other in order to solve one type of life challenges or the other
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
themall:
how do Muslims understand the word witch? I know almost every Muslim Alufas-of-power invokes one spirit world or the other in order to solve one type of life challenges or the other

I dont know the statistics, but you are right in that many Alfas do use jinn to try to obtain some 'benefit' or other for their clients. In Islam, anyone who does such actions knowingly, no matter their professed faith, is referred to as a sorcerer (or 'witch' in bush language). Even if he does not really have such powers, but claims to do so, he is still defined as such. Conversely, satanists, those who are possessed etc are not defined as sorcerers in Islam, as long as they dont work with jinn to do magic. Sometimes, they themselves are the victims, such as children who are tortured or even killed by some pentecostal pastors in the name of witchcraft. They are mostly victims of the pastors' scam, and even if they are possessed, they need help, not more pain.

In Islam, anyone who professes to practice magic is subject to capital punishment, whether he is successful in his practice or not. This is to prevent the real harm that can be caused by them, such as kidnapping for ritual killings, and other such evils. It is also prohibited for anyone to consult with, or take advice from, such people.
Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by HorLa00(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
goingape:
Truth!

Islam accepted witch. them don't handle witch, in fact them embrace witch.

Islam don't cast out demons that's there women always have spirit husband (gini)

Still confused on how someone like this escaped womb..

Re: How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? by Mememan: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
talkingtruth:

olodo
oversabi
who told u dat?
what do you know about islam?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Saudi Arabia Suspends Hajj Visas For Ebola Hit Countries / 14th January Declared Public Holiday For Eid-el-Maulud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.