Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,825 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC (11476 Views)

6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / Lagos Style Of Vehicle Towing (Photos, Video) / Overloaded Vehicle Intercepted By FRSC In Oyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by cjfbn: 3:31am On Sep 18, 2016
Does the FRSC have the right to impound a vehicle for expired tyres.
I do not want them to fleece me of my hard earned money.

1 Like

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2016
cjfbn:
Does the FRSC have the right to impound a vehicle for expired tyres.
I do not want them to fleece me of my hard earned money.

technically they cannot fine you. But they can impound.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by cjfbn: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Which means that if I fail to Roger, it can be impounded?

1 Like

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by valarinz: 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

technically they cannot fine you. But they can impound.

Bros, I quite disagree, maybe this was before, cos on my way to Abuja of recent I was booked for expired tyres and it was there on the ticket which I paid to the bank before my car was released, fee was 3k

4 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by erico2k2(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
valarinz:

Bros, I quite disagree, maybe this was before, cos on my way to Abuja of recent I was booked for expired tyres and it was there on the ticket which I paid to the bank before my car was released, fee was 3k
so where did they find the expiry date?
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by valarinz: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
erico2k2:

so where did they find the expiry date?

It's usually written on the tyres, date of production, they just add four years, shouldn't be more than four years old according to them, that's a debate for another day
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by erico2k2(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
valarinz:

It's usually written on the tyres, date of production, they just add four years, shouldn't be more than four years old according to them, that's a debate for another day
grin grin grin grin,someone said they will file out the manufacturing date off the tyre grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by valarinz: 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin,someone said they will file out the manufacturing date off the tyre grin grin grin

You'll likely damage your tyre in the process, what I know folks do is to turn the tyre inside out ie the side that bears the date goes inside instead of outside, but I doubt performance won't be affected

9 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by soccerpundit(m): 6:56am On Sep 20, 2016
I swear dem no reach. na dem buy d car for me? fake policies by clueless, senseless administration

abeg check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by nony43(m): 6:56am On Sep 20, 2016
I don't think FRSC has the right to do that, even tho they do. What is the duty of VIO? They are the ones to do that, over lapping functions is killing our system, very soon police will be checking tyres

5 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by lonelydora: 6:58am On Sep 20, 2016
I'm here to read comments.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 20, 2016
What I will like to see is the FRSC's official statement/position on expiry dates of tires. Some documents say 4 years some say 6. What is FRSC's official position?

2 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Thisis2raw(m): 7:09am On Sep 20, 2016
Yes they do. It may bring about harm to you and other drivers
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by LastSurvivor: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2016
Don't you know?
In Nigeria even yellow fever can even lock u up, even police checks ur drivers license and fire extinguisher, in naija, u can't even differentiate between VIO and FRSC.
Infact anybody in uniform is a potential treat..

17 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Exponental(m): 7:12am On Sep 20, 2016
Yes they can! Every offence relating to road safety is their responsibility to correct before it results to an accident. You will be expected to correct the offence before you getting your vehicle back 'under normal circumstances'.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by kaen1317: 7:12am On Sep 20, 2016
Insensitive law enforcers. How many Nigerians can afford to buy a new tyre for N25k in this harsh economy? In that case you'll be impounding more than half of the vehicles on Nigerian roads

5 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by mercyviv(f): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2016
Maybe, don't know if they have the authority to impound
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by gregJN: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2016
jpeg45:
Not at all
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 20, 2016
valarinz:

The whole process is wrong.

So they released u to drive home with the same tyre which they do not dim suitable.

They should have not let you go until u come back with New tyres. They were also wrong to collect fine from u

12 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by valarinz: 7:26am On Sep 20, 2016
kenonze:

So they released u to drive home with the same tyre which they do not dim suitable.

They should have not let you go until u come back with New tyres. They were also wrong to collect fine from u

Story of our naija lives grin

2 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Emeka71(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2016
The tyre pressure guage is written on the tyre.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by malosky79(m): 7:30am On Sep 20, 2016
this
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by adioolayi(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2016
kenonze:

Seems you are in Amelika cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by princemillla(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2016
erico2k2:

I said so.... It's perfect with razor blade then sand paper grin

1 Like

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2016
Absolutely.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by DirtyGold: 7:54am On Sep 20, 2016
princemillla:

I said so.... It's perfect with razor blade then sand paper grin
Then, they will say your tyres are illegal and call efcc for you or they will say it is counterfeit product and call nafdac to prosecute you! Hehehehehe

Anywhichway, you must roger! Dasall!

What's tha business?
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by princemillla(m): 8:01am On Sep 20, 2016
DirtyGold:

Then, they will say your tyres are illegal and call efcc for you or they will say it is counterfeit product and call nafdac to prosecute you! Hehehehehe

Anywhichway, you must roger! Dasall!

What's tha business?

No be all of them they open up for rogger ... So before you do so, make sure you arrange your side well. Make u no go earn your self more wahala.
One man was stopped and about to be ticket for driving with expired tyres. He simply went to their vehicle and confirmed theirs had also expired. Na so the man enter am with them.

4 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by olurock123: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2016
Thats abuse of power. We dont kno our right.... na their papa buy d motor 4 me?

For your IT service....
website design and development, join us at
www.bestbraintech.com
whatsapp: 08162015270
facebook: facebook.com/bestbraintech
mail: info@bestbraintech.com[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Toyeford900(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2016
FRSC is just carrying out what SON said which is 4years.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by thefakestan: 8:14am On Sep 20, 2016
I really have nothing to say, people still buy fairly used tyres.

thefakestan
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by amdoyin82(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=soccerpundit post=49512094]I swear dem no reach. na dem buy d car for me? fake policies by clueless, senseless administration

abeg check my signature
[ its because u have not been nail... Be prepare for a fight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja / Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? / 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.