Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC (11473 Views)

6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / Lagos Style Of Vehicle Towing (Photos, Video) / Overloaded Vehicle Intercepted By FRSC In Oyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by amdoyin82(m): 8:38am On Sep 20, 2016
My take on this is DAT people shud be mindful wen buying tyre.. U can even get tokunbo DAT has reasonable date. I bought two tokunbo tyres at ladipo three months ago and the ones I bought were 2014 and 2015 respectively. FRSC can intimidate cos of expired tyre. I am a living witness.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by lavivi(f): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2016
There is nothing like 'expiry or expired date' when it comes to vehichle tyres. It's very wrong to say that tyre has expired. Tyre can only whithers out or depreciates when in use, that's the reason u don't see expiry dates on it rather it only manufacturing dates. My point is that a tyre which was manufactured 10years ago that has not been in use or rather a buyer bought a new tyre which was manufacutured 10years ago cannot be considered as using' expired tyres' but Road safety commision considered 4yrs or more in use tyres as expired. Technically that is wrong!

4 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by ReLaTE(m): 8:47am On Sep 20, 2016
amdoyin82:
My take on this is DAT people shud be mindful wen buying tyre.. U can even get tokunbo DAT has reasonable date. I bought two tokunbo tyres at ladipo three months ago and the ones I bought were 2014 and 2015 respectively. FRSC can intimidate cos of expired tyre. I am a living witness.
that's one lucky chance in a thousand. Those sellers normally do the stamping and you will not even know. I once bought a good tokunbo tyre last 2 yrs that will expire the same year,the guy ask me to pay 300 each and he took it to where it was stamped to expire in the nxt 3yrs. Bros,if u see it u will never believe it's not factory done.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Namzy(m): 8:48am On Sep 20, 2016
lavivi:
There is nothing like 'expiry or expired date' when it comes to vehichle tyres. It's very wrong to say that tyre has expired. Tyre can only whithers out or depreciates when in use, that's the reason u don't see expiry dates on it rather it only manufacturing dates. My point is that a tyre which was manufactured 10years ago that has not been in use or rather a buyer bought a new tyre which was manufacutured 10years ago cannot be considered as using' expired tyres' but Road safety commision considered 4yrs or more in use tyres as expired. Technically that is wrong!
I agree. Someone should sue angry

2 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Namzy(m): 8:50am On Sep 20, 2016
ReLaTE:
that's one lucky chance in a thousand. Those sellers normally do the stamping and you will not even know. I once bought a good tokunbo tyre last 2 yrs that will expire the same year,the guy ask me to pay 300 each and he took it to where it was stamped to expire in the nxt 3yrs. Bros,if u see it u will never believe it's not a factory done.
Abeg any before and after pic?
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by ReLaTE(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2016
lavivi:
You are not completely right, the manufacturers know that it will expire,why are they in business then..is it not to make profit. Even if u buy a new tyre today and keep it unused,in the nxt 10yrs the rubbers will crack even b4 placing it under the load of the vehicle.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by lavivi(f): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2016
NO TIRE EXPIRATION DATES
The Rubber Manufacturer

Zielinski said a discussion of expiration

NHTSA issued new tire performance standar
Tire makers say expiration dates would complicate their distribution systems because new tires often sit on shelves for two years or more. They also say tires vary in chemical makeup, so one expiration date would not fit all tires. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says additional research is needed to come up with an appropriate aging test for tires.ds in June 2003 but put off an aging test because experts couldn't agree on how to conduct such a test. NHTSA spokesman Rae Tyson said the agency hopes to have a new proposal on tire aging at some point in the future. dates would be worthwhile, but said NHTSA should not act without collecting some solid scientific evidence. Zielinski said tire manufacturers worry that consumers wouldn't pay any attention to the an expiration warning anyway and would not replace old tires with new ones. "People might think, 'Here's the tire industry trying to get us to buy more tires by stamping a date on them,'" he said. s Association, to which tire manufacturers belong, has responded by saying tire expiration dates may be hard to determine because there are so many variables that affect tire aging. "It's not so simple to just slap a date on it," said Dan Zielinski, a spokesman for the Rubber Manufacturers Association.

2 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by ReLaTE(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2016
Namzy:

Abeg any before and after pic?
i dont hv the b4 bt i cn get after if u care bt am telling u the reality. i ran the tyres and no FRSC has stopped me cuz they couldn't detect it.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by iyerikan12: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2016
soccerpundit:
I swear dem no reach. na dem buy d car for me? fake policies by clueless, senseless administration

abeg check my signature
Their doing it because of your safety not their safety.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by histemple: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2016
valarinz:

It's usually written on the tyres, date of production, they just add four years, shouldn't be more than four years old according to them, that's a debate for another day

We must rise up and stop the imposition of stupid and nonexistent laws on Nigerians. Who told FRSC that the expiry date of car tyres in 4years?

There are measures to determine if a tyre is expired or not fit again for usage on the road.

A tyre fixed to a commercial vehicle that plies Portharcourt to Abuja daily shouldn't be given the same expiry date with that of a banker who drives only 30minutes to his office for many years.

4 Likes

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by waltinnovers: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2016
Frsc can only impound you car when u have expired drivers lisence or you don't have at all, then if your tyre expire, the can book but if you don't have valid drivers lisence which they will hold unto so that u must pay the fine, they can impount your car. But they are corrupt now, they will even tell you if youi don't know what you supposed to do so that you can continue your journey. You know what I mean(bribe)

cjfbn:
Does the FRSC have the right to impound a vehicle for expired tyres.
I do not want them to fleece me of my hard earned money.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by iyerikan12: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2016
olurock123:
Thats abuse of power. We dont kno our right.... na their papa buy d motor 4 me?

For your IT service....
website design and development, join us at
www.bestbraintech.com
whatsapp: 08162015270
facebook: facebook.com/bestbraintech
mail: info@bestbraintech.com[color=#006600][/color]
Is not their papa buy the motor for you, but please, why are you calling them in terms of accident or traffic control?.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by iyerikan12: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2016
cjfbn:
Which means that if I fail to Roger, it can be impounded?
Giver and taker the are all what.........?
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by iyerikan12: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2016
cjfbn:
Which means that if I fail to Roger, it can be impounded?
Giver and taker are all what.......?
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by valarinz: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2016
histemple:

We must rise up and stop the imposition of stupid and nonexistent laws on Nigerians. Who told FRSC that the expiry data of car tyres in 4years?

There are measures to determine if a tyre is expired or not fit again for usage on the road.

A tyre fixed to a commercial vehicle that plies Portharcourt to Abuja daily shouldn't be given the same expiry date with that of a banker who drives only 30minutes to his office for many years.

My dear, e tire me too
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by erico2k2(m): 10:40am On Sep 20, 2016
valarinz:

You'll likely damage your tyre in the process, what I know folks do is to turn the tyre inside out ie the side that bears the date goes inside instead of outside, but I doubt performance won't be affected
If you tyre has direction of rotation then you can't
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Namzy(m): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2016
ReLaTE:
i dont hv the b4 bt i cn get after if u care bt am telling u the reality. i ran the tyres and no FRSC has stopped me cuz they couldn't detect it.
alright let's see them and what happened to the old dates?
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by murmee: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2016
histemple:

We must rise up and stop the imposition of stupid and nonexistent laws on Nigerians. Who told FRSC that the expiry data of car tyres in 4years?

r
There are measures to determine if a tyre is expired or not fit again for uousage on the road.

A tyre fixed to a commercial vehicle that plies Portharcourt to Abuja daily shouldn't be given the same expiry date with that of a banker who drives only 30minutes to hiso office for many years.
This a situation where one would expect the National Assembly, especially the house of Representative to come to the rescue of Nigerians. In this hard times, there is no way ordinary people can afford to buy a tyre for N25,000. The cause of motor accidents in most cases is bad roads and reckless driving and not expired tyres. The FRSC is just looking for ways to extort motorists. its unfair.

1 Like

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by labiowoday204(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2016
Don't. Understand too, is he people buying the tyre there will hold or people selling the tyre? What is SON and custom doing for them to bring it in? We need fight for right.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by dania02(m): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
It is legal am an IT student in ther Rs 7.2 minna
if u check ur tyre u wil c 4 digit the first 2 is the week then the last two is the year nd it last for four yrs after production nt when you bought the tyre (eg 2316 that means 23 week of the yr 2016)
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Manji01: 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
soccerpundit:
I swear dem no reach. na dem buy d car for me? fake policies by clueless, senseless administration

abeg check my signature
But when ur tyre burst nd ur vehicle sumasulted, pls don't call them for rescue.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Manji01: 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
cjfbn:
Does the FRSC have the right to impound a vehicle for expired tyres.
I do not want them to fleece me of my hard earned money.
they have every ryt to impound ur vehicle, not only that but book u as well. if u have any problem with that, consult the Naational Assembly
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by greatbuc(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
just do what is right. may GOD keep us all.
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by Jessam: 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
My fellow Nigerians you have been had, ................lol, made total fools with this tyre expiry BS..... Tyres do not expire, no such nonsense is practiced in the USA, UK , mainland Europe. What exactly expires in a tyre, the actual tyre with threads , the inner tube, or the wheel rim?

This is a scam to whoever either imports tyres or makes them in Nigeria to keep the cash machine ringing. If these tyres are imported please name the country then go find out if this tyre expiry trick is practiced there. The date you see on tyres refers to the manufacture date as well as number that helps trace back when it was made if need be the firm that made the tyres nees to do a product recall. For crying out loud tyres DO NOT EXPIRE.

Anyway before my tractor expires let me introduce jessam Cattle Ranch and Farms.
jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5VRJWxLv0

Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by bimppyola: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2016
princemillla:

I said so.... It's perfect with razor blade then sand paper grin
Rolling with laughter
Re: Impounding Of Vehicle By FRSC by amdoyin82(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2016
ReLaTE:
that's one lucky chance in a thousand. Those sellers normally do the stamping and you will not even know. I once bought a good tokunbo tyre last 2 yrs that will expire the same year,the guy ask me to pay 300 each and he took it to where it was stamped to expire in the nxt 3yrs. Bros,if u see it u will never believe it's not factory done.
hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? / Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja / 10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.