Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 (10264 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Receives Obasanjo In Abia As He Arrives For A Burial Ceremony / Ayade Vs Agi: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment Friday / Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by kahal29: 5:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Tension has gripped Abia state over the impending judgment of a five man panel of the Court of the Appeal sitting over appeals arising from the tax forgery suit instituted against Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu by a chieftain of the PDP in the state, Sir Friday Nwosu.

Nwosu who contested the December 8, 2014 PDP governorship primaries in Abia state, had filed a suit accusing Ikpeazu of submitting forged tax documents and false information to his party and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

But the Federal High Court, Owerri presided over by Justice Lewis Allagoa, on July 8, said Nwosu failed to prove a tax forgery suit against the governor, but was silent on the issue of false information. Justice Allagoa further stated that Ikpeazu was not the maker of the tax documents.

But in a move which shocked keen observers of the tax forgery suit, Ikpeazu last week, lodged an appeal against some aspects of the judgment on which he secured victory in court.

It was gathered that the panel headed by Justice R.C. Agbo which had directed all parties to file and exchange all processes on or before Monday 19th September, is set deliver judgment on Friday September 23, 2016.

A source at the Abia Government House told our correspondent that Gov. Ikpeazu’s camp had been restless as they advance efforts to ensure the judgment goes in their favour. According to the source, the governor has constituted a ‘contact team’ which includes a prominent Abia Senator ,Chairman of the South East Council of Traditional Rulers and a famous oil marketer to reach out to the length and breadth of the community.

“Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu is not giving anything to chance in this case; he has constituted a team to reach out to all parts of the country to ensure that the judgment goes in his favour. They have been making contacts and running from one community to the other across the country looking for how to reach the Judges of the panel. The governor is worried over the constitution of the new five man panel of the court of Appeal to hear and deliver judgment on the matter.”

Close associates of the governor had earlier boasted that the appeals filed by Nwosu would not be heard till the end of Ikpeazu’s administration. But the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa last week, set up the Justice Agbo panel to hear and deliver judgment on the matter which had suffered several delays despite being a pre election suit which ought to have been decided before the governorship election.

It is believed that the Supreme Court might be waiting on the conclusion of the appeal to consolidate it with other appeals arising from the June 27th verdict of the Federal High Court 10 delivered by Justice Okon Abang which sacked Ikpeazu, but was later reversed by another five man panel of the Court of Appeal headed by Justice Morenike Ogunwumiju.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/tax-suit-tension-abia-appeal-court-delivers-judgment-sept-23/

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Onix01: 6:34am On Sep 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by dnawah(m): 6:45am On Sep 18, 2016
We are waiting,and the roads are also waiting.

4 Likes

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Justiyke4u: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Which tension. Will CA conflict itself on this issue? Let's see
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by hardywaltz(m): 7:19am On Sep 18, 2016
No sleep for the wicked.....

3 Likes

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Fyno: 7:23am On Sep 18, 2016
Onix01:
Ride on Ikpeazu.. The God sent Governor. This man has sense of humour and listen to the cry of his people. Carry Go..
you don't stay in Abia,if you do you will understand Ikpeazu is worst than Devil

14 Likes

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Thisis2raw(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2016
Too much of this well just created more instability in the state
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Sermwell(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2016
There is no cause for alarm!!! Its Ikpeazu all the way! In-justice Abang is not in the court of appeal grin
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Qmerit(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2016
This judgement would tell me whether to keep Paying tax or not in this country.
Very simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by agbalej(m): 8:34am On Sep 18, 2016
God never abandons His own.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by biggz82: 8:35am On Sep 18, 2016
Of what difference will do judgement make. 9ja tire man
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by mickeyenglish(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2016
Post No Bill.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by obumkeke(m): 8:39am On Sep 18, 2016
Fyno:
you don't stay in Abia,if you do you will understand Ikpeazu is worst than Devil

8 Likes

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Sermwell(m): 8:39am On Sep 18, 2016
Qmerit:
This judgement would tell me whether to keep Paying tax or not in this country.
Very simple!!!
If you like don't pay tax na! You think you are doing somebody? My friend you are doing yourself! cheesy
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Emeonyerichard(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2016
Fyno:
hmm.. some ones father.. Pls wat xctly is he doing to abians.. Or na only abians they suffer recession..

6 Likes

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by able20(m): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2016
What of the oil looter and fraudster Uche ogah, him don disappear?

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by ReverseEngineer: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2016
Ok. We're patiently watching.
Want to Become A full stack web developer and a software programmer? Check my signature.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by ruggedboy01: 9:01am On Sep 18, 2016
they should sack this puppet criminal of a governor already, look @ how he messed up aba all in the name of working trashy road angry sad

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Gracito(f): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2016
Very confused set of people. The roads are death traps, things are not just moving well in the state. God help us all.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by lionel4power(m): 9:17am On Sep 18, 2016
Na only God fit save us.

In other news, inbox me if u are interested in hacking.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by ruggedboy01: 9:20am On Sep 18, 2016
able20:

@ the bold comment, he's far better than the puppet criminal
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Qmerit(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2016
Sermwell:

If you like don't pay tax na! You think you are doing somebody? My friend you are doing yourself! cheesy

I say the judgement would tell me whether to continue or not! Or don't you know the judgement would be a reference for life in Nigerian judicial affairs?? In all did I even call u to quote? Troubo maker
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by CHIMCO(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2016
Gracito:
Very confused set of people. The roads are death traps, things are not just moving well in the state. God help us all.
They will say that they are in Court.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by MEGAWATCH: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2016
able20:

YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR VILLAGE, YOUR GENERATION BORN AND UNBORN PUT TOGETHER CAN NEVER MAKE THE IMPACT OGA HAS MADE IN HIS LIFE TIME. NKPI OWO-AHIAFOR.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by guideman: 9:56am On Sep 18, 2016
What makes the people's governor worse than the devil. You could be that dumb dude. Repent and be converted so that we all can move this state forward.
Fyno:

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by odiks: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2016
Fyno:

Don't mind them. They won't understand what civil servants are going through under this man. The man is so heartless and worse still his praise singers continue to sing his praises. This man is owing civil servants in his state 8 months salary arrears inspite of the huge allocations he collects from the Federal Government. My parents who are civil servants in his state were last paid in January, only God knows what he does with the state allocation.... Yet, his praise singers thinks that it shall be well with him..... How can it be well with him? Like I said earlier when this case started and I repeat again...... If am lying against the Governor maybe just to smear his name and accuse him of owing workers salaries when he is not..... may God judge me but if am not may God bring him to judgment and visit him with the kind of suffering he has caused my parents.

4 Likes

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by odiks: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2016
guideman:
What makes the people's governor worse than the devil. You could be that dumb dude. Repent and be converted so that we all can move this state forward.

He is owning civil servants in his state 8 month salary arrears and that according to the Governor of Anambra State is the height of wickedness. The former governor T.A is a saint compared to this man.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by hisgrace090: 11:05am On Sep 18, 2016
I know they must surely be an end to evil govt in abia state.
Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Gozzzy(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2016
Emeonyerichard:
hmm.. some ones father.. Pls wat xctly is he doing to abians.. Or na only abians they suffer recession..
Ikpeazu is seriously proving himself to be far worse than the heartless thief, ta orji!!!! Go to Abia state and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by Emeonyerichard(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
Gozzzy:

Ikpeazu is seriously proving himself to be far worse than the heartless thief, ta orji!!!! Go to Abia state and see for yourself.
u still didnt answr my question..a frnd of mine tld me of dia improving rd in abia..payment of salary is a general tin ovr d country.. Anyway go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 by odiks: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
Gozzzy:

T.A is far better than this man. No matter what you say against T.A Orji, he did not owe civil servants for 8 months. At worst he owed for a month which he clears before the end of the following month.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia LGA Election: Ikpeazu Casting His Vote Today (Photos) / Prince Donatus Okonkwo Reacts To The Death Of Alex Ekwueme / Minna-kaduna Railway Service Is Finally Up And Running!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.