Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:50 AM

What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? (2540 Views)

Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy / "Demons Attracted Big Men To Me"; Lady Who Slept With Various Men For Money.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2016
Disclaimer: This thread wasn't opened for trolling, but to understand some things that has disturbing me for sometime

[size=15pt]Due To Insufficient Men, Iceland Will Pay $5,000 Per Month To Immigrants Who Marry Icelandic Women![/size]

Breaking news about Iceland country incredible but true if you are interested read the full story Iceland team was able to achieve an unprecedented achievement in the European after sending England packing Iceland will hope to spring an even more dramatic surprise on one of Europe’s footballing superpowers in the quarter finals as they take on hosts France.

Thanks to this win, Iceland became a place of world attention and deliberated some news sites a number of amusing news related to this
As the number of population of the country and its customs and traditions Perhaps the most prominent of our attention the story that it’s because of the high proportion of females than males have resorted government of that country to the solution is to grant $5,000 per month per immigrant marries Icelandic, and that the priority in this resolution will go to North Africa’s population.

source: http://sundayadelajablog.com/due-insufficient-men-iceland-will-pay-5000-per-month-immigrants-marry-icelandic-women/

cc: seun, lalasticlala, dominique
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Khd95(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2016
Obviously,the bible said nothing bout that
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 18, 2016
[size=17pt]^^ [/size]
The thread wasn't opened to make fun of Christianity
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Tolexander: 8:24am On Sep 18, 2016
Khd95:
Does the Bible talk about technology?

Basing ones daily living on what the Bible says brings about backwardness, of course the Bible isn't revised. I now understand why there was rapid development when "heresy" became rampant.

There is a place of bible and a place of common sense.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by johntredon: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2016
All the three religions have the solution to their problem of insufficient husband.

In earlier times, Christian men were permitted as many wives as they wished, since the Bible puts no restriction on the number of wives. It was only a couple of centuries ago that the Church restricted the number of wives to one.

In Judaism, According to Talmudic law, Abraham had 2 wives, and Solomon had hundreds of wives.

In islam, it gives a man permission to marry two, three or four women, only on the condition that he deals with them justly. In the same chapter i.e. Surah Nisa verse 129 says: 'It is very difficult to be just and fair between women'. [Al-Qur'an (4:129)]
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 18, 2016
First, this isn't a Christianity versus Islam or Judaism thing, so I see no reason why you should delve into other religions, we are talking about Christianity, however being a Muslim, I will give explanation to that verse you quoted, and hope you leave it at that and face the original topic at hand.

johntredon:
[s]All the three religions have the solution to their problem of insufficient husband.[/s]

In earlier times, Christian men were permitted as many wives as they wished, since the Bible puts no restriction on the number of wives. It was only a couple of centuries ago that the Church restricted the number of wives to one.

Really? I'm hearing this for the first time, pls shed more light.

[s]In Judaism, According to Talmudic law, Abraham had 2 wives, and Solomon had hundreds of wives.[/s]

In islam, it gives a man permission to marry two, three or four women, only on the condition that he deals with them justly. In the same chapter i.e. Surah Nisa verse 129 says: 'It is very difficult to be just and fair between women'. [Al-Qur'an (4:129)]

Let me clear the thing up, the verse indicates that just treatment is a condition for plural marriage to be permitted. If a man is afraid that he will not be able to treat his wives justly if he marries more than one, then it is forbidden for him to marry more than one. What is meant by the justice that is required in order for a man to be permitted to have more than one wife is that he should treat his wives equally in terms of spending, clothing, spending the night with them and other material things that are under his control.

With regard to justice or fairness in terms of love, he is not held accountable for that, and that is not required of him because he has no control over that. This is what is meant by the verse;

“You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire”[Al-nisa verse 129]

I hope you now have the original understanding of the verse.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Ranchhoddas: 8:50am On Sep 18, 2016
Wow. Na to find visa to Iceland sure pass now.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Wow. Na to find visa to Iceland sure pass now.

Lol grin grin
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by johntredon: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2016
The topic was not meant for debate among all the religions but to she'd more light that the only solution for them is, let the government legalize polygamy in the country you will see that the number of unmarried will reduce drastically and Let the government pay the said amount to those citizens who marry more than one wife.
lexiconkabir:
First, this isn't a Christianity versus Islam or Judaism thing, so I see no reason why you should delve into other religions, we are talking about Christianity, however being a Muslim, I will give explanation to that verse you quoted, and hope you leave it at that and face the original topic at hand.

Really? I'm hearing this for the first time, pls shed more light.

Let me clear the thing up, the verse is indicates that just treatment is a condition for plural marriage to be permitted. If a man is afraid that he will not be able to treat his wives justly if he marries more than one, then it is forbidden for him to marry more than one. What is meant by the justice that is required in order for a man to be permitted to have more than one wife is that he should treat his wives equally in terms of spending, clothing, spending the night with them and other material things that are under his control.

With regard to justice or fairness in terms of love, he is not held accountable for that, and that is not required of him because he has no control over that. This is what is meant by the verse;

“You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire”[Al-nisa verse 129]

I hope you now have the original understanding of the verse.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2016
johntredon:
The topic was not meant for debate among all the religions but to she'd more light that the only solution for them is, let the government legalize polygamy in the country you will see that the number of unmarried will reduce drastically and the government pay the said amount to those citizens who marry more than one wife.

OK, I hope other christians(i'm assuming you are one) agree with you on the polygamy solution, but I honestly want to know more about what you said here;

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Disclaimer: This thread wasn't opened for trolling, but to understand some things that has disturbing me for sometime

[size=15pt]Due To Insufficient Men, Iceland Will Pay $5,000 Per Month To Immigrants Who Marry Icelandic Women![/size]

source: http://sundayadelajablog.com/due-insufficient-men-iceland-will-pay-5000-per-month-immigrants-marry-icelandic-women/

Op your post is conclusively saying that iceland views their women as a commodity and can fteely place a price tag on them such ad $5000 and encourage absolutely anyone even killers or criminald to come and take them.

You on the other hand are also failing to see that you have consciously also tagged women as a commodity which can be let go at a price.

Women are not commodities and every woman should be proud of themselves regardless of how they are viewed.

How can a government make such a declaration. Rather than place a pricetag on your single ladies why not give them the $5000 monthly so they can grow themselves intellectually and socially and real men with value would come for them easily or better still, open up their borders and encourage cross trading or student exchange programmes.

You fail to see the insult on women with your post. So all men should see these women as their meal ticket?

Pls OP take down this thread. Its insulting to women and absolutely annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2016
4everGod:

Op your post is conclusively saying that iceland views their women as a commodity and can fteely place a price tag on them such ad $5000 and encourage absolutely anyone even killers or criminald to come and take them.

You on the other hand are also failing to see that you have consciously also tagged women as a commodity which can be let go at a price.

Women are not commodities and every woman should be proud of themselves regardless of how they are viewed.

How can a government make such a declaration. Rather than place a pricetag on your single ladies why not give them the $5000 monthly so they can grow themselves intellectually and socially and real men with value would come for them easily or better still, open up their borders and encourage cross trading or student exchange programmes.

You fail to see the insult on women with your post. So all men should see these women as their meal ticket?

[s]Pls OP take down this thread. Its insulting to women and absolutely annoying.[/s]

How sweet...

Well, I found this disheartening too this morning which was why I opened the thread since the area is a Christian dominated area according to wikipedia, there should be a better solution to the issue instead of "selling" women, hence the topic of this thread which you failed to address:

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION CHRISTIANITY PROFER TO THIS ISSUE?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:

How sweet...

Well, I found this disheartening too this morning which was why I opened the thread since the area is a Christian dominated area according to wikipedia, there should be a better solution to the issue instead of "selling" women, hence the topic of this thread which you failed to address:

My first comment on this thread should not in any way imply to you that your thread makes any sense. It does not! It wad purely complimentary.

If you knew what Christianity is and what it stands for then you would never use a governments decision to equate Christianity or the word of God.

I can tell you are a muslim or an ex muslim atheist which is why you do not find your very thread disturbing since islam already views women as commodities and nothing else.

Pls do not quote me again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 18, 2016
4everGod:

My first comment on this thread should not in any way imply to you that your thread makes any sense. It does not! It wad purely complimentary.

If you knew what Christianity is and what it stands for then you would never use a governments decision to equate Christianity or the word of God.

I can tell you are a muslim or an ex muslim atheist which is why you do not find your very thread disturbing since islam already views women as commodities and nothing else.

Lol, where did I equate the decision of the government to Christianity??

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION WAS WHAT I ASKED, YOU SAID I DON'T KNOW WHAT CHRISTIANITY IS, I NEVER CLAIMED I DID WHICH IS WHY I AM ASKING THIS QUESTION, SINCR I'VE HEARD CHRISTIANS CLAIMING THAT CHRISTIANITY IS A WAY OF LIFE.

Pls do not quote me again.

You are just being hostile for no reason, nobody is fighting with you here, just asking a question.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by udatso: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
4everGod you seem upset. Is it wrong for someone to ask a question about Christianity? What really are you upset about that is making you to over react?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
udatso:
4everGod you seem upset. Is it wrong for someone to ask a question about Christianity? What really are you upset about that is making you to over react?

Sorry I am not upset. I am irritated that someone would make such a thread in the guise of asking Christianity for answers when he is actually mocking Christianity with it being the muslim he is.

His analogy is that Islams way of permitting its followers of marrying 4 wives is wise and the best way forward using iceland as an example as to him it helps decongest the population of women.

So he freely views women as a commodity. I see through his thread easily and I suggest you read between the lines and know that what he is simply doing is an Islam vs Christianity comparison which is irritating to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by udatso: 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
4everGod:

Sorry I am not upset. I am irritated that someone would make such a thread in the guise of asking Christianity for answers when he is actually mocking Christianity with it being the muslim he is.

His analogy is that Islams way of permitting its followers of marrying 4 wives is wise and the best way forward using iceland as an example as to him it helps decongest the population of women.

So he freely views women as a commodity. I see through his thread easily and I suggest you read between the lines and know that what he is simply doing is an Islam vs Christianity comparison which is irritating to me.
Oh I get your point. So are you saying you would have answered the question if lexiconkabir wasn't a Muslim?
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by udatso: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
4everGod:

I think his post below suggests otherwise
lexiconkabir:

How sweet...
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Rilwayne001: 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
4everGod:

Really? That's your assumption? That I am trying to compare the two religions? a commenter(I think a Muslim) said this;

I said this as a reply;

[size=17pt]^^ [/size]
The thread wasn't opened to make fun of Christianity

Even when someone was trying to bring in other religions, I tried to stop it, how else do I proof my sincerity? I am not a troll, I am mostly in Islam section, I only come here(religion section) to defend Islam...

I found the act of "selling" women disheartening, which was why I opened the thread to ask if there is no better solution, because the country is a Christian dominated one, obviously the decision of the government isn't biblical...

Again, nobody is fighting with you, you are just being hostile for no reason.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2016

No, The Government Will Not Pay You To Marry An Icelander

Published July 1, 2016

A widely-circulated hoax article is making claims that has provoked bemusement and bewilderment on Icelandic social media.

Over at least the past week now, numerous Icelandic women on Facebook have attested to being practically spammed with friend requests from non-Icelandic men that they do not know. It turns out that this may be linked to this article, which makes the following claim:

“Perhaps the most prominent of our attention the story that it’s because of the high proportion of females than males have resorted government of that country to the solution is to grant $ 5,000 per month per immigrant marries Icelandic, and that the priority in this resolution will go to North Africa’s population”

In case you were in doubt, everything about this claim is false.

First of all, the latest population data actually shows slightly more men than women in Iceland, with 1,007 men for every 1,000 women in general; in Reykjavík, there are 985 men for every 1,000 women, but in the countryside the ratio is 1,129 men for every 1,000 women.

Second, the Icelandic government absolutely does not have any kind of grant in place for immigrants who marry Icelanders, regardless of gender.

As such, if you do want to marry an Icelander, you should do so without the expectation of a cash payout, because none will be forthcoming.

http://grapevine.is/news/2016/07/01/no-the-government-will-not-pay-you-to-marry-an-icelander/

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Next time do a concrete research before spreading false news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
4everGod:

Exactly ! His aim is to tarnish the image of Christianity.
Even if the government truely said such a statement, What sense does it make announcing it.

Man tradition is a normal thing. Jesus warn us to beware of it. Because it has no place in the Scripture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2016

Thousands of African men fooled into believing Iceland will pay $5000 for them to marry women from there

By The Southern Daily South Africa - September 17, 2016
Iceland’s Foreign Ministry has received dozens of inquiries from men interested in taking up the Icelandic government’s offer of $5,000 to marry an Icelandic woman and make up for the lack of men in the country.

Unfortunately for the interested gentlemen, news of the exciting offer is a not-so-elaborate hoax posted on a website called ‘The Spirit Whispers’.

“Because of the high proportion of females than males have resorted government of that country to the solution is to grant $ 5,000 per month per immigrant marries Icelandic,” reads the article, in decidedly ropy English.

Priority apparently goes to men from North Africa, but all those “interested in this offer” were encouraged to leave a comment under the article.

Despite the exceedingly questionable nature of the posting, dozens of men have reportedly contacted Iceland’s Foreign Ministry to get more information on this too-good-be-true offer.

Every enquiry has been personally answered – obviously to the effect that the piece is a complete hoax and that there is absolutely no initiative in place to pay foreign men to come to Iceland and marry local women.

http://thesoutherndaily.co.za/index.php/2016/09/17/5000-to-marry-iceland-women-hoax/

What more link? Google is there. Go and get your facts from Iceland official site.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by CoolUsername: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
This story is probably fake as a quick google search only yields results from seedy blogs and forums.

In fact the moderator of the subreddit for Iceland called it stupid.

[url=https://np.reddit.com/r/Iceland/comments/5325jb/5000_to_each_immigrant_who_marries_an_icelandic/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6017425622]See for yourself.[/url]
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
OK then! Good its false.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
udatso:

Oh I get your point. So are you saying you would have answered the question if lexiconkabir wasn't a Muslim?

No! My response already declares my position. Christian or muslim its a terrible thing to assume eomen are to be seen as people with a price tag.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by udatso: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
4everGod:

No! My response already declares my position. Christian or muslim its a terrible thing to assume eomen are to be seen as people with a price tag.
And he has already shown his lack of support to such a terrible thing (even though the news is false). He now asked for christianity solution to such problem?
This is the question you haven't answered and your post suggest that it's because he is a Muslim who probably has a goal with this topic. This brought about my second question which is "would you have answered if he was a non Muslim "
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by ymdo(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
lexiconkabir:
OK then! Good its false.
Pls, explain your signature
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lexiconkabir

You're highly mischievous as is the case with most Muslim brethren on this section. You were probably gloating at the news postulating that Islam is "finally right" about four women being the actual number of wives for every man on the planet.
Plappville just saved me the stress of showing proof.

Know this, In almost every country, men far outnumber women. In China and India for instance, men outnunber women by several millions that in China the government were been pressured to introduce a "wife sharing policy" where two men would be allowed to share one wife; this was obviously due to the underpopulation of women in relation to men.

In a certain village in India there are about 300 women while men number about a thousand. Sometimes men are forced to kidnap a girl and forcefully marry her.

My point is that you should desist from starting senseless threads. Iceland has more men than women (as is the same in almost every country) and our living God was not wrong when he said it was "one man to one wife".
lexiconkabir:
OK then! Good its false.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
ymdo:
Pls, explain your signature

Explanation of the first part;

Salaf literally means predecessor, so in this context they are the predecessors of the religion, these predecessors got their understanding of Islam from the companions of the prophet, and of course the companions got their understanding from the prophet, therefore there is so much good if we follow their understanding of Islam because that is the pristine Islam the prophet taught.

Explanation of the second part:

Khalaf literally means successor so they are the ones that came after the salafs, so every newly invented things they brought into the religion is evil, and makes the religion distorted.

So in nutshell, shun whatever innovations you see from the khalafs and follow the understanding of the salafs since that was the original Islam taught.

And Allaah knows best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by ymdo(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Explanation of the first part;

Salaf literally means predecessor, so in this context they are the predecessors of the religion, these predecessors got their understanding of Islam from the companions of the prophet, and of course the companions got their understanding from the prophet, therefore there is so much good if we follow their understanding of Islam because that is the pristine Islam the prophet taught.

Explanation of the second part:

Khalaf literally means successor so they are the ones that came after the salafs, so every newly invented things they brought into the religion is evil, and makes the religion distorted.

So in nutshell, shun whatever innovations you see from the khalafs and follow the understanding of the salafs since that was the original Islam taught.

And Allaah knows best.
Nagode

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dirty Christian, Muslims, And Jewish Illumanti OK Hand Sign Means Sodomy. / "Benny Hinn Must Clarify Tithing Teachings Or Offer 'Refund' To Those He Misled" / Why Is There Hardly Any Woman Like Kathryn Kulman These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.