Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? (2542 Views)

Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy / "Demons Attracted Big Men To Me"; Lady Who Slept With Various Men For Money.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by analice107: 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
johntredon:
All the three religions have the solution to their problem of insufficient husband.

In earlier times, Christian men were permitted as many wives as they wished, since the Bible puts no restriction on the number of wives. It was only a couple of centuries ago that the Church restricted the number of wives to one.

In Judaism, According to Talmudic law, Abraham had 2 wives, and Solomon had hundreds of wives.

In islam, it gives a man permission to marry two, three or four women, only on the condition that he deals with them justly. In the same chapter i.e. Surah Nisa verse 129 says: 'It is very difficult to be just and fair between women'. [Al-Qur'an (4:129)]

No, Abraham didn't have two wives. The Bible never even referred to Hagar as Abraham's concubine. She was always referred to as Sarah's maid.

Sarah gave her maid to her husband to have children by her. If Abraham had by himself gone to Hagar, she would be referred to as a Concubine. Which Wife?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by analice107: 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
4everGod:

Op your post is conclusively saying that iceland views their women as a commodity and can fteely place a price tag on them such ad $5000 and encourage absolutely anyone even killers or criminald to come and take them.

You on the other hand are also failing to see that you have consciously also tagged women as a commodity which can be let go at a price.

Women are not commodities and every woman should be proud of themselves regardless of how they are viewed.

How can a government make such a declaration. Rather than place a pricetag on your single ladies why not give them the $5000 monthly so they can grow themselves intellectually and socially and real men with value would come for them easily or better still, open up their borders and encourage cross trading or student exchange programmes.

You fail to see the insult on women with your post. So all men should see these women as their meal ticket?

Pls OP take down this thread. Its insulting to women and absolutely annoying.
Bros, the dude is a muslim. Islam vuews women as things not human, hence his quest in this thread.
He just cant fathom why a man can marry only one wife and leave these other women.

@Kabiru, we the Christian single ladies are not complaining as you don't see us running to marry Muslim men. I hope you know our parents cant stop us from marrying u people, only our faith does.

I will rather die Single than marry an uncircumcised Philistine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by analice107: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
udatso:
4everGod you seem upset. Is it wrong for someone to ask a question about Christianity? What really are you upset about that is making you to over react?

Hello, We must not marry. Born again Christians have mortified their bodies and put them under control. Sex is not a big deal to us. I for one, am Celibate and will be till i marry. If i don't, then so be it.

Am not a Muslim lady who has sex in her mind permanently. Right now, sex is not a thought in me.

I squatted an Hausa lady who according to her, was a muslim but now a Christian and her father was all out to frustrate her life because she converted. The man wanted her to marry as a third wife to one old man, she refused and was thrown out of the house. The men went to her Job and caused serious trouble, she almost list her job. he attacked the lady who squatted her before, she ran to my Church and i was called to take her in. Since i was living very far from her dad.

It wasn't long before she started her whoredom. this girl is a dog. Am not sure she ever heard any message preached in church. She hardly slept at home. Anytime she came home she always had a story about a different man to tell. Then i discovered that is Hausa Muslims ladies for you.

Na prayer i use pursue her commot for my house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by analice107: 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
lexiconkabir:
OK then! Good its false.
You see yourself?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Ranchhoddas: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:

Bros, the dude is a muslim. Islam vuews women as things not human, hence his quest in this thread.
He just cant fathom why a man can marry only one wife and leave these other women.

@Kabiru, we the Christian single ladies are not complaining as you don't see us running to marry Muslim men. I hope you know our parents cant stop us from marrying u people, only our faith does.

I will rather die Single than marry an uncircumcised Philistine.
Lolz. But you fit manage atheist sha...
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by analice107: 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Lolz. But you fit manage atheist sha...

Do not be unequally yoked, means exactly that. two people headed towards different directions, how will that work?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Ranchhoddas: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:

Do not be unequally yoked, means exactly that. two people headed towards different directions, how will that work?
Eeya. Religion divides people, very bad.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:

You see yourself?

Firstly its Kabir...

Secondly, I don't know if you and Amberon(millerz) have comprehension problem, no offence meant....

I opened a thread because of a disheartening news on how women are viewed(commodities) in Iceland(which turned out to be false), after I saw that it was false I left it at that, but you guys are assuming I opened the thread to mock Christianity, didn't you see where I stopped two guys that tried to do that? Didn't you see my disclaimer?

I am certainly not here to debate plural marriage or not, I've done enough of that in the past, just as how I am no more interested in this section.

All these things don't increase me in knowledge, so I don't see any need wasting my time on them.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:
Islam views women as things not human

You've not stopped this lying attitude of yours?

Well for interested readers, read this thread created by a MUSLIM SISTER;

https://www.nairaland.com/3339080/overview-womens-right-islam
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 20, 2016
Maybe you should worry more about how women are seen as commodities and slaves in Saudi, Iraq, Yemen and almost all other Muslim countries.

You earlier gave a sarcastic remark which I know was a deliberate attempt at ridiculing Christianity as it is your trademark.
lexiconkabir:

Firstly its Kabir...

Secondly, I don't know if you and Amberon(millerz) have comprehension problem, no offence meant....

I opened a thread because of a disheartening news on how women are viewed(commodities) in Iceland(which turned out to be false), after I saw that it was false I left it at that, but you guys are assuming I opened the thread to mock Christianity, didn't you see where I stopped two guys that tried to do that? Didn't you see my disclaimer?

I am certainly not here to debate plural marriage or not, I've done enough of that in the past, just as how I am no more interested in this section.

All these things don't increase me in knowledge, so I don't see any need wasting my time on them.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 20, 2016
Millerz:
Maybe you should worry more about how women are seen as commodities and slaves in Saudi, Iraq, Yemen and almost all other Muslim countries.

I won't bother myself with this, as you've never been to any of these countries.

You earlier gave a sarcastic remark which I know was a deliberate attempt at ridiculing Christianity as it is your trademark.

What remark, show me.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 20, 2016
Thrash! Instead of linking us to a NL source why not tell us how women are treated in Saudi. How women aren't allowed to drive, or go out alone or get jobs ( without seeking the consent of a man who could even be her son: what an insult), tell us a woman's testimony is worth half that of a man. Tell us about the illiteracy rate of women in most Muslim countries, tell is how many Saudi or Yemeni underage girls are killed for refusing marriage to old pedophiles.

Tell us how brothers, fathers, uncles and nephews rape their sister/daughter for years and threaten to kill her when she's found to not be a virgin on her night (evidence given by Wafa Sultan and many other muslims). Tell us about the honor killings that go on everyday against women. Tell us how two people fornicate but how the girl alone would end up being stoned to death in Saudi lashing the man alone.

I'll stop here for now. Pls focus on Islam. Christianity is not your problem.
lexiconkabir:

You've not stopped this lying attitude of yours?

Well for interested readers, read this thread created by a MUSLIM SISTER;

https://www.nairaland.com/3339080/overview-womens-right-islam

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 20, 2016
Millerz:
Thrash! Instead of linking us to a NL source why not tell us how women are treated in Saudi. How women aren't allowed to drive, or go out alone or get jobs ( without seeking the consent of a man who could even be her son: what an insult), tell us a woman's testimony is worth half that of a man. Tell us about the illiteracy rate of women in most Muslim countries, tell is how many Saudi or Yemeni underage girls are killed for refusing marriage to old pedophiles.

Tell us how brothers, fathers, uncles and nephews rape their sister/daughter for years and threaten to kill her when she's found to not be a virgin on her night (evidence given by Wafa Sultan and many other muslims). Tell us about the honor killings that go on everyday against women. Tell us how two people fornicate but how the girl alone would end up being stoned to death in Saudi lashing the man alone.

Like I've said, I won't bother myself with any of these, as you've NEVER been to any of these countries...

I'll stop here for now. Pls focus on Islam. Christianity is not your problem.

You(along with your friends) being hostile for no reason and me being calm really shows the kind of values given to us in our respective way of life..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2016
You got owned...you have nothing to say..
lexiconkabir:

Like I've said, I won't bother myself with any of these, as you've NEVER been to any of these countries...

You(along with your friends) being hostile for no reason and me being calm really shows the kind of values given to us in our respective way of life..
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2016
just like Boko Haram doesnt exist to foreigners because they've never been to Nigeria.
What an assertion.
lexiconkabir:

I won't bother myself with this, as you've never been to any of these countries.

What remark, show me.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2016
Millerz:
You got owned...you have nothing to say..

Believe whatever you want....I am not under any pressure to defend anything.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 20, 2016
But you're under pressure to bash christianity. Remove the spec from your eyes first.
lexiconkabir:

Believe whatever you want....I am not under any pressure to defend anything.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 20, 2016
Millerz:
But you're under pressure to bash christianity. Remove the spec from your eyes first.

Where and how did I bash Christianity?
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2016
You're infamous for that.
lexiconkabir:

Where and how did I bash Christianity?
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2016
Millerz:
You're infamous for that.

You mean, defending Islam against trolls?

Moreover carrying grudges about isn't healthy.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Scholar8200(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2016
First, how do you explain your allegation -Insufficient men? Include in your explanation/proof that the 'excess' women are all ripe (and mature enough) for marriage.

Next, Iceland is not a Theocratic nation hence I wonder why you use them as a case study!

Moreover, if you say Insufficient men was used because we have more women than men, I hope you realise that the statistics include aged women and under-aged girls, not to mention widows who decide not to re-marry etc

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
First, how do you explain your allegation -Insufficient men? Include in your explanation/proof that the 'excess' women are all ripe (and mature enough) for marriage.

Next, Iceland is not a Theocratic nation hence I wonder why you use them as a case study!

Moreover, if you say Insufficient men was used because we have more women than men, I hope you realise that the statistics include aged women and under-aged girls, not to mention widows who decide not to re-marry etc

Have you read the whole thread?
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by udatso: 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:

The report about Iceland is false. It's been pointed out already and the op doesn't dispute it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Scholar8200(m): 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
udatso:

The report about Iceland is false. It's been pointed out already and the op doesn't dispute it.
Thank you.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:
OK then! Good its false.

See how misleading you are? If everyone happens to be ignorant you would have been jumping around throwing insults to Christianity. As this was the aim of this thread.
Change your style pz.
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
plappville:

See how misleading you are? If everyone happens to be ignorant you would have been jumping around throwing insults to Christianity. As this was the aim of this thread.
Change your style pz.

Use your brain.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

[size=20pt]Like I've said, I won't bother myself with any of these, as you've NEVER been to any of these countries...[/size]

This is funny, did you travel to Iceland before you got your false news? Common, everyone knows how women are restricted in Saudi. I have never travelled there but i know women were allowed to vote in municipal elections for the first time last year.

A country where a woman cannot even open a bank account without her husband's permission. The list of things women cannot do are so many. We dont need to visit Saudi before having awareness of them. cheesy
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Use your brain.....

If you had used urs properly, you wouldn't have landed in this embarrassment. cheesy
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Millerz:

Exactly! !
Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
plappville:

If you had used urs properly, you wouldn't have landed in this embarrassment. cheesy

Its a pity you don't know what an embarrassment is...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
analice107:

You see yourself?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Solution To Insufficient Men For Marriage According To Christianity? by plappville(f): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Its a pity you don't know what an embarrassment is...

Laughing in Saudi language. ... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dirty Christian, Muslims, And Jewish Illumanti OK Hand Sign Means Sodomy. / Ways We Can Use To Help Ourselves Spiritually.(myths) / Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.