Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! (4361 Views)

Osun Workers Jubilate As Aregbesola Pays Full December Salary / IPOB Members Bundled Into The Boot Of A Car By Anti-Cult In Port-Harcourt.Photos / Obaseki & Oshiomhole Jubilate As Tribunal Dismisses Ize Iyamu's Application(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2016
by Dr Tom Ohikere.

The purported security reports coming from the camp of Governor Yahaya Bello that there will be ethnic crisis if the much awaited Supreme court judgment does not favour him does not in any way reflect the actual situation on ground as the people of Kogi state are preparing their songs to rejoice and jubilate should the judgment evict him from the Luggard House.

The apex court will on Tuesday, September 20th deliver judgment on the prayers before it bordering on the November 21, 2015 governorship election in Kogi state.

However, if the feeler from the state’s 21 Local Government Areas are anything to go by, it therefore means that, the people of Kogi state will be happy with the exit of Governor Bello whom they have described as an imposed leader.

There is no gainsaying the fact that, the people of Kogi state have been subjected to untold hardship since the emergence of Governor Bello and have been praying for his quick exit through constitutional process.

To majority of the people of Kogi state, the Tuesday Supreme court judgment will define the maturity of Nigeria’s judicial system as they all await the Justices of the Supreme Court to be on the side of justice because of the gruesome ordeals which Governor Bello has subjected them to.

Besides the utter rejection of Governor Bello by the people of Kogi state, Alhaji Bello has been at loggerhead with his party, The All Progressive Congress, APC, and the party executives which was instrumental to his emergence as governor of the state.

It is also a pity that, the governor who promised, during the 25th anniversary celebration that all genuine workers in the state would get five months salaries before the just concluded Sallah, but the workers are yet to receive any salary alert, thereby making the governor an executive liar.

In view of the shortfalls in the monthly allocations accruable to the state from the federation account, nothing has fared well under ‘Fair Plus’ as Governor Bello is fondly called and the state’s Internally Generated Revenue has not received any boost like Kaduna, Ogun, and Lagos states who were able to pull through the string through innovative economic ideas.

The people of Kogi state will continue to question the legality behind the demolition of the various roundabouts within Lokoja, the state capital and till the time of writing this article, the Governor has not deemed it fit to explain the rationale to the people neither has he put any replacement of sort.

It is lucid to assert that the emergence of this infertile governor has denied the people of Kogi Central of their golden slot and I’m pained because Kogi Central Senatorial District have been craving for their son to be the governor of the state. My people from Kogi Central are still with the short end of the stick suffering and smiling with the consolation that their brother and son is the governor.   But my questions are; has that put food on their table? And how far have the Kogi Central fared in the scheme of things in Kogi state?

Though, the governor promised of allowing local government autonomy during his inauguration but sadly however, the local government workers have been placed on 50 per cent salaries for the past five months.

While the rationale behind this satanic austerity measure remains uncertain, one remains astonished as to when the remaining 50 per cent balance will be paid.

You may recall that, staff screening have been on going in the last 7 months despite the N50m reportedly spent on live broadcast to announce the discovery of more than 18,000 ghost workers. At this digital age, the lingering staff screening clearly depicts incompetence and inexperience and also shows a conduit for corruption.

Following the above ordeals, the people of Kogi state are earnestly praying for a favorable Supreme Court judgment that will remove Governor Yahaya Bello from office and save the state for more untold hardship.

Therefore, the mood of the people suggests that there will not be any ethnic crises as opined by the Bello camp when he finally gets the booth. Even the unborn generations are already celebrating in anticipation of Governor Bello’s exit as they are not happy that he has mortgaged and wasted their pregnant future.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by mrvitalis(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2016
Am from imo.. But wish I can rule Kogi for 4 years.... why can't this governors think..

U have river Niger and Benue for irrigation
U have fertile land and unemployed population for cheap labour supply
Nigerian and the world needs ethanol.. Cassava and sweet potato can be converted to ethanol... and both can grow in Kogi
Nigeria import sorghum. . Which can do very well in Kogi.. Rice can do well too

And u have over 20bn a year as capital expenditure. .. why are people dumb please. . Can't someone see what am seeing

16 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by amarilo: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
Am from imo.. But wish I can rule Kogi for 4 years.... why can't this governors think..

Nigerian and the world needs ethanol.. Cassava and sweet potato can be converted to ethanol... and both can grow in Kogi

And u have over 20bn a year as capital expenditure. .. why are people dumb please. . Can't someone see what am seeing
They are dumb cos they find support from you people. Watch out how people troop in to support him. They might even call you names for such a fantastic ideas you have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Pavarottii(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

He is still smarter than buhari, anyhow u look at it.

11 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2016
Just few months in office the governor of kogi has embezzled #11billion.Kogi state treasury is not safe in his hands.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

He is still smarter than buhari, anyhow u look at it.

I'd want to believe you're educated, hence, your write up but I beg to question your definition of smart, does it mean being criminally minded, corrupt beyond imagination, extremely wicked and total lack of foresight what you term smart? I don't know where you schooled but your dictionary really needs an upgrade.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by 9japride(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2016
Ruuhh:

I'd want to believe you're educated, hence, your write up but I beg to question your definition of smart, does it mean being criminally minded, corrupt beyond imagination, extremely wicked and total lack of foresight what you term smart? I don't know where you schooled but your dictionary really needs an upgrade.
[color=#006600][/color]

That's a normal Nigerian definition of smart. That's why we hv criminally minded fellows as leaders

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by drss2(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

how do u expect govs to work wen there is federation account as long as federation account exist, govs will continew to be lazy.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by mrvitalis(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2016
drss2:
how do u expect govs to work wen there is federation account as long as federation account exist, govs will continew to be lazy.
Are u high?? How is that stopping u. . Even if we practice federalism once they can pay salaries and do small projects theg are OK
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by nwasinachi(f): 11:25am On Sep 18, 2016
Bello that didnt even win election, he was placed there just by the grace of God , yet instead of warming his way into the heart of kogites, he decides to double their pains and suffering. Anyways, i wish him all d badluck he deserves.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by IBBG(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

thats visionary leadership. that is what our politician lack. they only think of looting and thats all. state govt should be at the fore front of driving investments that yields revenues to the state. and not just some phantom road projects with no economic value.
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by DaudaAbu(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
In ur dreams.

Bello is there to stay
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by kokoA(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
So who becomes governor now?
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Shelton644: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello babies cheesy
How are you?
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by cirmuell(m): 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
amarilo:
They are dumb cos they find support from you people. Watch out how people troop in to support him. They might even call you names for such a fantastic ideas you have.
He's got no one's support, well, except for his fellow dimwits from Okene...he's their God.

/* Even if he wins this ruling too...one thing is crystal clear, he's got less than 4years in Lugard's house. And he has completely ruined the possibility of an ebira man ever ruling that State again. */ undecided

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by DIKEnaWAR: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

The entire country and all the states of the Federation are dumb like Kogi state. They are lazy because money comes from the degradation and environmental pollution of the Niger delta. If only we can practice fiscal federalism. Let every state control what it has and pay tax to the government at the center, we will be halfway through our problems.

Tell me why some stupid states under the guise of Sharia law banned the sale of alcohol because it is against their religion, yet come to Abuja to share from VAT derived from sale of alcohol in other states? We are doomed if we continue like this.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

That's a normal Nigerian definition of smart. That's why we hv criminally minded fellows as leaders

Lmao..... I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
kokoA:
So who becomes governor now?

it depends on the ground which the judgment is delivered. if the court says election was won n no need for supplementary as the basis on which supplementary election was conducted is void then Faleke is sworn in, if this is dismissed, then fresh election must be conducted which in any case Bello will not even win the primaries n he should be ripe for EFCC to pick by then.
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
DaudaAbu:
In ur dreams.

Bello is there to stay

if that happens then Omeruo, aniebo will be child's play compared to what will happen to him. the entire state will erupt n burry him with their might.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
I also join my prayer with the prayers of the good people of Kogi state for a favourable supreme court judgment that will bring in the man of the people (Hon. Faleke) and remove this supplementary gov. from Lugard house.

Bello must go!

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Pavarottii(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ruuhh:

Okay, Is buhari more educated than Kogi state governor? Am nt sure u know d extent of buhari's daftness. That's an empty brain.
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Unimaginable123: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
nwasinachi:
Bello that didnt even win election, he was placed there just by the grace of God , yet instead of warming his way into the heart of kogites, he decides to double their pains and suffering. Anyways, i wish him all d badluck he deserves.
no that he didn't win election, he didn't even contest

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

Okay, Is buhari more educated than Kogi state governor? Am nt sure u know d extent of buhari's daftness. That's an empty brain.

I'd choose my words carefully if I were you, not necessarily for fear but out of respect for the elderly. btw, Bello has a first degree n Mr. President going by records has raked up some prestigious educational qualifications that when compared to that of Bello is miles apart. in the face of the daunting challenges,Mr president has really tried for his age.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Pavarottii(m): 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ruuhh:

I'd choose my words carefully if I were you, not necessarily for fear but out of respect for the elderly. btw, Bello has a first degree n Mr. President going by records has raked up some prestigious educational qualifications that when compared to that of Bello is miles apart. in the face of the daunting challenges,Mr president has really tried for his age.
At d bolded, u must be a zombie.
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

At d bolded, u must be a zombie.

like I said, "going by records", if you're so hurt by it, feel free to jump into the lagoon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Pavarottii(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ruuhh:

like I said, "going by records", if you're so hurt by it, feel free to jump into the lagoon.
By ur records, u av nt given me concrete reasons to prove to me that buhari is more educated than that nigga.
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Ruuhh(m): 7:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

By ur records, u av nt given me concrete reasons to prove to me that buhari is more educated than that nigga.

now you're talking like a human being. by records it was presented that the president joined the army after secondary school with an average result, while in the army he wrote promotional exams, attended courses both within and outside the country( U.S n India were mentioned), until he became the G.O.C of jos division of the Nigerian army from where he became head of state due to his rank. the young dude in question served in 2002 according to records, at the Nigerian stock exchange where he claimed to be retained n worked for about a year or 2 before a certain fraud incident posted him to benue, there he was said to have spent a little over 4 months. Bello has been a ghost eve since until he surfaced last year with billions in his possession contesting for governor. he claimed to own fair plus transport which was believed to be funded by Edwards stollen money from GTB. comparing the heights of both men, Bello seem to have a lot of grounds to cover.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by Nutase: 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
grin
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by TheMascot(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

bro I am a full fleshed kogi born and I must admit that we should have you as a governor..
I don't understand how we can have a river and can't even think of proper irrigation.. Or create a tourism site like an acqua Park or hydro city...
Rice industry is thriving bt the fools here wouldn't do anything plausible to promote it..
We have enough fruits to feed the country but we have no company to this..
Our farms are fertile but no support for farmers
Our state has 20.8billion as bail out unlike other states but we havnt seen nada from it either for infrastructure or salary but instead we are buying cars..

Pls pray for Kogi.. Pls pray for us..
Re: Supreme Court; Kogi Prepares To Jubilate As Bello Gets The Boot! by mrvitalis(m): 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
TheMascot:
bro I am a full fleshed kogi born and I must admit that we should have you as a governor..
I don't understand how we can have a river and can't even think of proper irrigation.. Or create a tourism site like an acqua Park or hydro city...
Rice industry is thriving bt the fools here wouldn't do anything plausible to promote it..
We have enough fruits to feed the country but we have no company to this..
Our farms are fertile but no support for farmers
Our state has 20.8billion as bail out unlike other states but we havnt seen nada from it either for infrastructure or salary but instead we are buying cars..

Pls pray for Kogi.. Pls pray for us..
Am really interested in rice farming processing

(1) (Reply)

Meet D New, Young & Handsome DG Of NITDA / Without Stepping Into Office, Atiku Caught On Tape Performing Presidential Dutie / Nigerian Army Kill Insurgents, Capture Armoury This Evening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.