Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? (725 Views)

"For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? / Curious Bees-a Thought Experiment / Tithe, Vow, And Seed Sowing. Which Is Most Effective In Drawing God's Blessings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by Neolah(f): 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
I've been going through a lot of stress...this thing about vows... I think I've been so conscious of vows..trying not to make them and I find myself thinking thoughts that makes me feel like I've made a vow which I know that I won't keep...i mean a thought starts to feel like a vow...i am tired and I feel like I should just wait for my punishment from God...i don't want to do anything because of a vow...it feels like punishing myself. At least if God punishes me it would be just... I am feeling really bad
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by cescky(m): 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Neolah:
I've been going through a lot of stress...this thing about vows... I think I've been so conscious of vows..trying not to make them and I find myself thinking thoughts that makes me feel like I've made a vow which I know that I won't keep...i mean a thought starts to feel like a vow...i am tired and I feel like I should just wait for my punishment from God...i don't want to do anything because of a vow...it feels like punishing myself. At least if God punishes me it would be just... I am feeling really bad

No a thought isn't a vow.

Even holy people ...evil thoughts goes through their minds at times.. It doesn't defile them they will be defiled if they act upon tie thought so on ur case as long as u didn't say the vow with ur mouth it isn't ....so U get the point.. Many unconscious things flashbthru the mind always.
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by Neolah(f): 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
cescky:

No a thought isn't a vow.

Even holy people ...evil thoughts goes through their minds at times.. It doesn't defile them they will be defiled if they act upon tie thought so on ur case as long as u didn't say the vow with ur mouth it isn't ....so U get the point.. Many unconscious things flashbthru the mind always.
[/color][color=#000099] thank you so much
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by cescky(m): 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
Neolah:
[/color][color=#000099] thank you so much

Ur welcome
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by analice107: 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
Neolah:

Oh my dear, why do you think of God in this way? Do you think God is just standing by waiting for you to make a mistake for him to punish you? Oh no dear. You are wrong.

Even if you made a vow that you cant keep or have not kept yet, God wont punish you for it.

Forgive me, but allow me ask how your relationship with your earthly father is. Is your Daddy quick to punish you over little mistakes? No. Humans are impatient with fellow humans, but God is Patient.

If God is a stern Judge who is just watching over you to make mistakes and then get punished, then why will Christ tell us to forgive our fellow humans if they sin 70×7 times in one day? Or do you think he admonishes us to be patient and forgive others while he refuses to forgive us?

Cc. 4everGod
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by analice107: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
Neolah:

pls lay the stress aside lets talk about the nature of this Vow. What is this vow?

I personally made a Vow, verbal, conscious Vow at the alter of prayer, its getting to a year now, i have not been able to redeem it. Am calm becos i know my father knows that immediately am disposed, i will redeem it. Most importantly, the vow must be redeemed, but if you don't have what it takes to redeem it yet, calm down.
Your heavenly fathers sees and knows you. So chilax
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by Neolah(f): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
analice107:

Oh my dear, why do you think of God in this way? Do you think God is just standing by waiting for you to make a mistake for him to punish you? Oh no dear. You are wrong.

Even if you made a vow that you cant keep or have not kept yet, God wont punish you for it.

Forgive me, but allow me ask how your relationship with your earthly father is. Is your Daddy quick to punish you over little mistakes? No. Humans are impatient with fellow humans, but God is Patient.

If God is a stern Judge who is just watching over you to make mistakes and then get punished, then why will Christ tell us to forgive our fellow humans if they sin 70×7 times in one day? Or do you think he admonishes us to be patient and forgive others while he refuses to forgive us?

Cc. 4everGod
Thanks for your contribution smiley
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by Neolah(f): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
analice107:

pls lay the stress aside lets talk about the nature of this Vow. What is this vow?

I personally made a Vow, verbal, conscious Vow at the alter of prayer, its getting to a year now, i have not been able to redeem it. Am calm becos i know my father knows that immediately am disposed, i will redeem it. Most importantly, the vow must be redeemed, but if you don't have what it takes to redeem it yet, calm down.
Your heavenly fathers sees and knows you. So chilax
[color=#000099][/color] thank you
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by Neolah(f): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
What if the vow is something you can never fulfill....cos some parts of the bible concerning this is really should I say scary or...
Re: Help ...can A Thought Be Regarded As A Vow?? by Neolah(f): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
What if it is something you can never fulfill??(not necessarily monetary) ...cos some parts of the bible concerning this is ..should I say scary sad

(1) (Reply)

Whats Going On In This Pic? I Need An Explanation / Nawa For Oyedepo And That His Covenant University / My Life Story So Far- Abridged Version.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.