Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,931 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? (761 Views)

How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? / Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / A Massage To Atheist,unbelievers And Persecutors Of Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? by Dejiih001(m): 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
Just few minutes ago while strolling on my street, then I saw one acclaimed man of God discussing about the kingdom of God to some folks but surprisingly most of the questions he's being asked were answered correctly according to his understanding and I comprehend it too but most of the guys he was talking to has different views to his believe.

Then came this question, "How can one convince an unbeliever to repent?"

CC: lalasticlala
Re: How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? by greatnaija01: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
Dejiih001:
Just few minutes ago while strolling on my street, then I saw one acclaimed man of God discussing about the kingdom of God to some folks but surprisingly most of the questions he's being asked were answered correctly according to his understanding and I comprehend it too but most of the guys he was talking to has different views to his believe.

Then came this question, "How can one convince an unbeliever to repent?"

CC: lalasticlala

always let them be in a dire situation before preaching to them.... JESUS didnt add nathaniel to his disciples cos the guy was too good.... he had no flaw. but those who had issues and didnt feel qualified were the ones who were so grateful to walk with him..... HE WHO IS FORGIVEN MORE WILL LOVE MORE.... thats what the bible says... SO I SAY USE WORD OF KNOWLEDGE OR PROPHETIC TO HUMBLE THEM BY REVEALING SOMETHING SECRET THEY THOUGHT NO ONE WILL KNOW OR THE SOURCE OF THEIR SECRET PROBLEMS AND THEY WILL KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE MAN OF GOD... THAT is also what the bible said.
Re: How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? by codexgigax: 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
It is not a difficult question at all. You ( a Christian, Pastor, Bishop e.t.c) CANNOT convince anybody (unbeliever/backslider) to repent of their sins. Conviction is solely the work of the Holy Spirit, ours is to preach to them.

Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? by soberdrunk(m): 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Sorry oooo!! Its not fight oooo!! This is just a simple question ooo! Is it by force? What if they dont want to repent? I dont understand why "religious" people want to drag everybody along, you guys are begining to make heaven look like a "ponzi scheme". If truly there is a "hell" then 'automatically' it was designed for people to go........... angry angry
Re: How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? by Dejiih001(m): 7:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
soberdrunk:
Sorry oooo!! Its not fight oooo!! This is just a simple question ooo! Is it by force? What if they dont want to repent? I dont understand why "religious" people want to drag everybody along, you guys are begining to make heaven look like a "ponzi scheme". If truly there is a "hell" then 'automatically' it was designed for people to go........... angry angry

Well, I will be considering this as compulsory because if all these were true then I wouldn't for any reason like anyone I love to go to hell.

Anyways prevention is far much more better than cure, lets us all just be prepared.
Re: How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? by psucc(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
You do not have the power to convince anyone to repent.

Your duty is to preach Christ, follow up and pray. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to convict unto repentance.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Convince An Unbelievers To Repent? by yorhmienerd(m): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
I keep saying that 'The end would justify the means'. IF you feel that there is no Heaven & Hell, FINE! (RIGHT TO OPINION)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/10/16 / Christmas Is Demonic By MFM Founder, Dr D.K Olukoya / Islam's Secret Racism - Arab Supremacy, Pro-slavery And Anti-black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.