Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola (32157 Views)

Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly / Sorry Lagos, You Don’t Have Oil / U Can’t Diversify The Economy From Oil By Searching For Oil In The North- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2016
I wasnt wrong when i mentioned this thesis earlier this year laws will be re-written and then other oil producing states with wells close to water areas will benefit form the change of law or Lagos remains stranded. Let's keep watching

3 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by kaen1317: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2016
Niger Delta...Feeding Nigeria since the 1800's

3 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by favourmic(m): 11:49am On Sep 19, 2016
Tired of reading

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by obailala(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2016
Emancipation:

It was obasanjo that did it when he was trying to cheat Niger deltans back in 2004 but now oil has been discovered in Lagos, it has totally backfired.
Izonpikin:
not knowing that lagos one day would have to benefit...you see ehn..when God wan punish people na so e dey be...they thought marginalising the niger delta was to punish us not knowing that it was going to shoot them in the feet...

At least soon the niger delta would have neighbors who would be ready to fight for resource control and reforms in the oil and gas sector...bills like the PIB would be fully followed up by the south westerners... cool cool cool...

them never see anything yet...
Just now just now una don turn this matter to SS vs SW matter claiming that OBJ did this to punish Niger delta because he didnt know Lagos would produce oil one day. The last time I checked, Ondo at the time was already producing 5 times more oil than Lagos is producing now so this analogy of OBj punishing SS and regreting now holds no water.

The real reason behind OBJ's game was to ensure he deprived states from 13% derivation while the FG got all the oil rent, remember OBJ was the president and he hoped to be president for life?...

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by KingsWillRoyal: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2016
the world is seriouly looking for replacement for oil while we are still searching for oil

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by megareal: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2016
Its getting interesting. So fight for resource control wont just be a Niger Delta thing. Oya,let the noise begin...

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by obaaderemi: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2016
has the 13%derivation helped the niger delta or ondo state?what we should all fight 4 is resource control even if its just sand u have,it should be urs to be utilized.singapore is smaller than lagos,has no oil but is the 3rd largest oil refining centre in the oil.but i still want to believe that if nigeria should break or be restructured into regions,the oil in the offshore parts of lagos would belong to the west.its why they are happy.but we dont need oil to be happy.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by enigma2007(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2016
obailala:
Is OBJ from Lagos?... The reason behind OBJ's game was to ensure he deprived states from 13% derivation while the FG go all the oil rent, remember OBJ was the president and he hoped to be president for life.

Exactly! That dude wouldn't have paid any states if he had his way...

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Izonpikin: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2016
KingsWillRoyal:
the world is seriouly looking for replacement for oil while we are still searching for oil
now thats the illusion...ask america spear heading the renewable energy talks if they are ready to back down on shale oil and gas production...

cheesy cheesy cheesy...oil is staying for a long long time bro...
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Goke7: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2016
This oil matter na war o. Lagos is doing well without oil and I just hope this won't be a distraction, the more we stay off oil, the better for us in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Drunkinlove(f): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2016
Are you God?

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by ngolokante(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
No matter how much you doomsayers try, you will not divide us. All your attempts to sow the seeds of discord will always fail... The biggest battle some of you have ever fought is with your keypads. You have never held a rifle talkless of feeling the recoil action of a rifle yet you go shouting all over the place for conflict... Go ask the Syrians, Iraqis, Libyans and the South Sudanese if they would not rather maintain the previous status quo than what they have now in the name of autonomy
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by banmee(m): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nigerians and oil matter. It has made the whole country lose it's faculties. Oil does not mean shiit if you don't have the mental or moral capacity to manage it. Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Spain, to name a few, don't have it but their economy is strong. How is this possible? Because they understand that the human resource is the most powerful resource of them all. Even if gold starts to fall from the sky in only Nigeria, Nigerians will still be poor because they can't manage anything and are morally bankrupt. The sooner you all begin to understand this concept, the better for you.

5 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Izonpikin: 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
obailala:

Just now just now una don turn this matter to SS vs SW matter claiming that OBJ did this to punish Niger delta because he didnt know Lagos would produce oil one day. The last time I checked, Ondo at the time was already producing 5 times more oil than Lagos is producing now so this analogy of OBj punishing SS and regreting now holds no water.

The real reason behind OBJ's game was to ensure he deprived states from 13% derivation while the FG got all the oil rent, remember OBJ was the president and he hoped to be president for life?...
grin grin grin grin...he hoped to be mugabe... grin grin..oboy abeg no kill me with laugh...my belle ooo...OBJ...that man really caused some trouble for this country...

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Onogiede(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ok na yoruba eyes will soon clear,..karma has just started

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
RZArecta:

Follow Ade on twitter @Damoche

http://nairametrics.com/sorry-lagos-you-dont-have-oil/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

lagos has no oil,,,so d four oil fields found n yu acknowledged blongs to the elites are the major problem of these country...sadly i fall into that class..
if lagos get collect 13% derivatives go jung am..

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by bigtt76(f): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin As far as they pass through Lagos to reach the oil well ....na Lagos own am tongue

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by slowbreeze(f): 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
KingsWillRoyal:

As in ehhh..D same oil dat d price keeps dropping evriday..I taya for dis country.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Mandu11(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
Big Lie! Lagos has enough oil to carter for the economi of lagos for mani decades to come.,a lot of palm oil for the Amala market.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by updatechange(m): 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
The Op is a skunk, why would you put up such a misleading topic...? Lagos has oil; as discovered by the Folawiyos and has been allocated ownership status of 4 oil wells which means the state will be getting 13 if not 14% derivation from the government so go Bleep yourself if you still believe LAGOS has no oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by SlayerSupreme: 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nigerians and oil. Dumb people. Dumb nation. Instead of industrializing the underdeveloped waste of space and moving from a mono-economy they're stepping over themselves bacause of oil. Dumb people. Dumb nation.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Pidggin(f): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
No oil in Lagos, pele o grin
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Johnrake69: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:
so?

This is just semntics by Damola.

The exploration has begun and crude oil is being extracted and exported, with income being generated.

I'm not sure Lagos borders any of the NG states that would make them wants to lay claim to the other part of the water ways, where the oil can be explored.

All waters ways still belong to the FG.

Some people might misinterpret this, as if there was no discovery.

Get it. There was discovery in the water close to Lagos and as of now, Lagos State has be allocated ownership status of 4 oil wells.

Whether the 200 isobath was fraudulently introduced by OBJ or not, Lagos is now controlled by the party at the centre. With Fashola, Tinubu and Ambode, its only a matter of time, before the 2004 pact is reviewed for the benefit of all.

May be this is the only opportunity for that restructuring to take place. This means more money to the oil producing states. However, the negative part of this possible review is that the governors would probably still cheat the indigenes of the states. Even with 2004 pact, Lucky Igbenedon, James Ibori and Peter Odili, still stole billions from their states. Giving more money to their cronies in government now may spell doom for the people. With the FG having the money, you are guaranteed a good spread.

What has the federal government done with it's share of the proceed from oil aside from feeding itself and taking care of our fraudulent National Assembly?

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by abbey621(m): 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
Since when has oil ever benefited those living where it was discovered? We all know how Nigeria works so this is not news. The oil is a curse, a curse that will ultimately lead into the Great depression if care is not taken!
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by EternalTruths: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
updatechange:
The Op is a skunk, why would you put up such a misleading topic...? Lagos has oil; as discovered by the Folawiyos and has been allocated ownership status of 4 oil wells which means the state will be getting 13 if not 14% derivation from the government so go Bleep yourself if you still believe LAGOS has no oil.

Take your education very serious so as not to appear unintelligent online.

The write up says, OBJ demonic bill made into law in order to deny ND their oil wells 370km far into the sea will affect Lagos state also since most of her oil wells are far into the sea.

The God of SS/SE is really fighting back cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by bakynes(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
richidinho:
grin
Buhari's real meaning of diversification is the searching of oil in maiduguri, katsina, Benue and Kaduna.

Also to pay 13% to Lagos for producing 1200barrels of oil daily
**** what do you know is called 13% derivatives. It's 13% of what you produce so even if Lagos produces 2 gallons of Oil, 13% of it goes to the state and the rest to the FGN. You think 13% is a benefit only for SS states.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by fuckpro: 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
OfficialAwol:
I tried to understand what i am reading but cant tell if i did.

But i grabbed that lagos does have oil but simply cant benefit from it very much like the niger delta states.

I think this is the simple summary of the write up which makes mewonder why you had to punish us with "isobaths" and "cubic depth" lol
This write up was meant for thinkers so please excuse us
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by jide219(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
U will now Ve oodua's Avengers, watching as everything play at in 3D
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Standing5(m): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
i am so happy because soon the niger delta would have many hands joined together fighting the oil war against the fraudulent FG... cool cool cool

Only the discovery of oil can make an ignorant man wise and very soon the yorubas will wake up from their dream...this is some good news...

Also the fight for resource control will re-surface and niger deltans wont be alone in the war... cool cool cool
When I made a similar post months back, I was attacked here. Until the ND uses her resource to help others discover oil and share their experience, they will continue to fight alone.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by tollyboy5(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
if there is a need to increase percentage derivative its no big deal but not at this time we would do the right thing at the right time to avoid unnecessary problem
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by jide219(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
When e the south west first saw this thread, their heart will beat more than flash speed but when they click on the post on read everything, they will be like suffer oil still they the ground, those grammars make u write nor concern us

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Izonpikin: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
Standing5:
When I made a similar post months back, I was attacked here. Until the ND uses her resource to help others discover oil and share their experience, they will continue to fight alone.
but the real truth is that other regions have decided to leave us to our fight and sometimes even joined the wagon to marginalise us not knowing that they in the future would discover oil..

The whole situation is so interesting..i want to see how lagos would handle their God given resources as against the FG getting the larger share...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths / Buhari Sympathizes With Niger Republic Over Terrorist Attack That Killed 70 / "I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.