Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

SPOTLIGHT: In Ojuelegba, There’s Ebere — Who’s Destined To Be An Okada Rider - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / SPOTLIGHT: In Ojuelegba, There’s Ebere — Who’s Destined To Be An Okada Rider (326 Views)

Photos Of A Corporate Keke Rider In Lagos / Policeman In Police Uniform Doing Okada Business In Lagos (Photos) / Female Commercial Okada Rider In Surulere, Lagos (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SPOTLIGHT: In Ojuelegba, There’s Ebere — Who’s Destined To Be An Okada Rider by smacx: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2016
If the Ojuelegba axis of Lagos is your daily route, you may have at one point or the other, come across Ebere Azubuike, the resident female Okada rider.

Although Ebere got into the business of commercial motorcycling by accident, she’s convinced that it’s her fate to be in the male-dominated terrain.

“I believe my destiny is in Okada because it helps me feed my family and live well with it”, Ebere said, just as her male colleagues giggled and chuckled endlessly, making no attempt to shield their fascination at the attention she was getting from a reporter and photo-journalist.

The full moon was out, hence the night was further illuminated; which only increased the degree of attention Ebere received.

Gawkers and bystanders had started to gather.

“I am determined that I would do well with this Okada and so far, it’s been successful”, the tomboyish looking woman, possibly due to finding herself in a career deemed for men, added subtly.

She gazed away momentarily to examine her court of jesters and adulants, and after seemingly satisfied, she turned around and said, “I bought my bike when bike was 85,000 about three years ago.”

Having seen her bar and restaurant business come crumbling down, Ebere believes life has put her exactly where she’s meant to be.

“Business is not for everybody. Our destiny is different. I had joined business and didn’t make it. I sold in restaurants and beer parlour for about 4 years but at the end of the day, nothing to show”, she added.

FULL STORY at https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/interview-ojuelegba-theres-ebere-whose-destiny-okada-riding/

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get Real And Current Job Openings. / Any Good Place / Promote Yourself And Find Latest Jobs On A New Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.