Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg (12590 Views)

You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu / EXCLUSIVE | You Are Not The National Leader Of APC, Buhari Downgrades Tinubu / Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2016
mn09abk:
I will like to magnamously Thank the PDP party for destroying Nigeria.....Now oil to low the country don commot cloth show scars wey him dey hide...PDP never again!

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by jjchizzy(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2016
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=Shiitposter post=49486793][/quote]....

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 19, 2016
abokibuhari:
buhari is a bas tard child
.....An the Bas tard is your President !! grin grin grin

And you must follow his orders grin grin grin

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by kutchs: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2016
Nigeria’s economy has weakened more than we expected owing to a marked contraction in oil production, a restrictive foreign exchange policy and delayed fiscal stimulus,” S&P said Friday in an e-mailed statement after markets closed.
progress69:

Why not quote the useless polices in the article and show us. Clowns already masturbating... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Goke7: 11:47am On Sep 19, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Like I said in the other thread and now confimed by S&P rating.....Nigerian's Economy is in the worst possible situation....By the first quarter of 2017, the economy would been in rebounds...

truth is we were never in negative growth, the Fg was too quick in declaring recession, all the hue and cry were more political especially in the wake of the opposition loosing power in 2015. True, jobs were lost and govt revenue declined especially with the dwindling oil prices but it has made lot of Nigerians begin to quickly think of alternatives especially the stoppage of unnecessary importation of raw materials that can be sourced locally. We re likely to see increase in local manufacturing capacity and processing of agricultural products very soon and naturally our economy will rebound. We are also likely to see increase in true foreign investments who will set up industries and factories that will see increase in jobs. The foreign guys are seeing the possibilities which we are not seeing, not those chop and run foreign investors in stocks.

Increase in Electric power is what we need urgently and we will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by idupaul: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2016
Till Buhari and his toxic personality leave nothing will improve

2 Likes

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
all this are junks. American economy has been in debt and still borrowing their fed rate is low and their budget deficit is widening. yet this rating agencies give it AAA rating.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Kobicove(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
The APC led government continues to take Nigeria to the lowest of the lows! angry

1 Like

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by banmee(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
drss2:
buari score card in 1 year:
1. first class degree in cluelessness.
2. plagiarism reloaded.
3. economic recession back to back.
4. high rate of suicide.
5. pariah country for investors.
6. rising cost of living.
7. no direction.
8. phd in blaming philosophy.
nigeria gone from d most prefered destination for investors in africa to economic junk just 1 year under buari wat an achievement. dis is wat happens quota disciples ar voted in to implement outdated daura economic policies.
am not surprised at wat is happening at all.

It is not Buhari's scorecard. It is every leader in Nigeria's history's scorecard. When has it ever been different? Well, that's not true. It is different now because it is worse. And it's going to get much worse. Even if you vote in another leader. You can't expect half a century of corruption and mismanagement not to come to it's fruition. Worse still is the citizens blame leaders forgetting that these leaders are a product of bad citizenry. You can't have bad citizens and expect good leaders to come from them. It is just not possible. You guys had better buckle up and get ready.

1 Like

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Ok.

The AVOIDABLE Recession came due to dysfunctional, biased and non-direction of economic policies and leadership by APC ...Soludo 2016

One year is sufficient to blame fall in crude price...after that blame failure in leadership by APC...Prof Charles Soludo 2016...

Keep looking for excuses...cc progress69, seguntijan, mn09abk, Adonispco, ZuzuMan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by mn09abk: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

The AVOIDABLE Recession came due to dysfunctional, biased and non-direction of economic policies and leadership by APC ...Soludo 2016

One year is sufficient to blame fall in crude price...after that blame failure in leadership by APC...Prof Charles Soludo 2016...

Keep looking for excuses...cc progress69, seguntijan, mn09abk, Adonispco, ZuzuMan
Im not a fool like your other people Oga...Common sense can tell me one year of PMB admin is not possible to carry a country to reccesion just like that...reccesion dont just happen overnight it takes time to deteriorate to the this point...so if PMB accusation make you sleep at night then so be it...all of us are not misinformed like many ppl oue Educational System failed...most of us have been reading economic journals wey before PMB became president

3 Likes

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by sekundosekundo: 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
drss2:
2. plagiarism reloaded.
4. high rate of suicide.
7. no direction.
nigeria gone from d most prefered destination for investors in africa to economic junk just 1 year under buari wat an achievement. dis is wat happens quota disciples ar voted in to imple
ment outdated daura economic policies.

Why you no add PADDED BUDGET.

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by MadamExcellency: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
mn09abk:

Im not a fool like your other people Oga...Common sense can tell me one year of PMB admin is not possible to carry a country to reccesion just like that...reccesion dont just happen overnight it takes time to deteriorate to the this point...so if PMB accusation make you sleep at night then so be it...all of us are not misinformed like many ppl oue Educational System failed...most of us have been reading economic journals wey before PMB became president

Out of the three reasons given by S&P to have caused the recession. PDP is responsible for none while Buhari is responsible for the two in the bold quoted below.

“Nigeria’s economy has weakened more than we expected owing to a marked contraction in oil production, a restrictive foreign exchange policy and delayed fiscal stimulus,” S&P said Friday in an e-mailed statement after markets closed. While government debt remains low, “servicing costs as a percentage of general government revenues are high and rising,” the company said.

2 Likes

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by ephi123(f): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
Goke7:

truth is we were never in negative growth, the Fg was too quick in declaring recession, all the hue and cry were more political especially in the wake of the opposition loosing power in 2015. True, jobs were lost and govt revenue declined especially with the dwindling oil prices but it has made lot of Nigerians begin to quickly think of alternatives especially the stoppage of unnecessary importation of raw materials that can be sourced locally. We re likely to see increase in local manufacturing capacity and processing of agricultural products very soon and naturally our economy will rebound. We are also likely to see increase in true foreign investments who will set up industries and factories that will see increase in jobs. The foreign guys are seeing the possibilities which we are not seeing, not those chop and run foreign investors in stocks.

Increase in Electric power is what we need urgently and we will be fine.

We've been at this 'bus-stop' of "very soon, will be, government to" for a long long while now.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by sekundosekundo: 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Like I said in the other thread and now confimed by S&P rating.....Nigerian's Economy is in the worst possible situation....By the first quarter of 2017, the economy would been in rebounds...

NgeneUkwuewu remember that you gave us one year under Buhari to see how NIGERIA will be like Paradise, one year hv passed only hunger is what your govnt brought. You are now telling us to give Buhari till first quarter of 2017.... chii NgeneUkwuewu, stop deceiving Omenka.

3 Likes

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
mn09abk:

ok
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by sekundosekundo: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
abokibuhari:
omenka
Na him bros.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by mn09abk: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Out of the three reasons given by S&P to have caused the recession. PDP is responsible for none while Buhari is responsible for the two in the bold quoted below.

And I say again if there is enough forex will there be any of this restriction...so you want the little reserve to finish under 6 months so that we will join the likes of somaila abi...Thank God all the dollars even the one PGEJ left dormant in bank accounts...was under whose rule was such impunity allowed?...you can continue blaming PMB like i said if it allows you to sleep...You Know which Era our forex was allowed to go out freely
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by sekundosekundo: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
ZuzuMan:
... I am one of them cool
Yes! you are b'cos you introduced CULTISM to Nigeria
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by sekundosekundo: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
mn09abk:

If you were born in 1984-85, can you tell us what happened to our economy.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Yes! you are b'cos you introduced CULTISM to Nigeria

Gbammm ! grin grin grin

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Goke7: 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
ephi123:

We've been at this 'bus-stop' of "very soon, will be, government to" for a long long while now.

emotional folks like you who never believed in the govt from day one need to chill to see the physical manifestations before making up your mind so its understandable.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by mn09abk: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
sekundosekundo:

If you were born in 1984-85, can you tell us what happened to our economy.
Thought I was young and wont remember what happened I also will not speak foolishly so I tiik it upon myself to research the 1984 you ppl point hands a Gen. Buhari go and ask people that are sincere the economy was in shambles under Shagari adminstration...It was the same Level of corruption seen under PDP that Shagari perpetuated even driving away all the Ghana people did not solve any problem because the corruption of our leaders them was something else...The Army then took over not PMB like zombies will say...then the Supreme Military Council elected Buhari to the helm of affairs of the country then when he refused to devalue the naira after a well orchestrated sabotage by the IMF and I will say the united states that is still a theory though...Cheif corruption enabler IBB took over there...if you want to know more try and research and stop speaking from hearsay
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by progress69: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Noise maker. All other OPEC countries, that are in recession is also due to whatu stated, in fact UAE & Saudi that are also on the brink of recession have directionless policies. Anything that suits ur wailing demand grin
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by pussyhunter9: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
drss2:
2. plagiarism reloaded.
4. high rate of suicide.
7. no direction.
nigeria gone from d most prefered destination for investors in africa to economic junk just 1 year under buari wat an achievement. dis is wat happens quota disciples ar voted in to implement outdated daura economic policies.

My brother, you have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Cjrane2: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
The dullard must kill Nigeria.
Funny that Nigerians deserve every hardship they imposed on themselves by putting their futures in the hands of an illiterate former coupist and sweet tongued hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by ephi123(f): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
Goke7:

emotional folks like you who never believed in the govt from day one need to chill to see the physical manifestations before making up your mind so its understandable.

There is nothing emotional about this, the reality, facts and figures speak for themselves. Inflation already in double figures.
FYI, I was a big supporter of Buhari until I realized he is a pure SHAM and SCAM combined into one.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by MadamExcellency: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
mn09abk:

And I say again if there is enough forex will there be any of this restriction...so you want the little reserve to finish under 6 months so that we will join the likes of somaila abi...Thank God all the dollars even the one PGEJ left dormant in bank accounts...was under whose rule was such impunity allowed?...you can continue blaming PMB like i said if it allows you to sleep...You Know which Era our forex was allowed to go out freely

Those reasons were responsible for lack of forex supply from non-oil sector.

The government resigned from a paying job and wanted to live on past saving hence the chocks. You don't quit your job when you have none to fall back on.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
I agree with you. Gen Buhari was part of that history.
banmee:

It is not Buhari's scorecard. It is every leader in Nigeria's history's scorecard. When has it ever been different? Well, that's not true. It is different now because it is worse. And it's going to get much worse. Even if you vote in another leader. You can't expect half a century of corruption and mismanagement not to come to it's fruition. Worse still is the citizens blame leaders forgetting that these leaders are a product of bad citizenry. You can't have bad citizens and expect good leaders to come from them. It is just not possible. You guys had better buckle up and get ready.
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by Goke7: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
ephi123:

There is nothing emotional about this, the reality, facts and figures speak for themselves. Inflation already in double figures.
FYI, I was a big supporter of Buhari until I realized he is a pure SHAM and SCAM combined into one.

You are just emotional, just one year in office and you have turned from a so called big supporter to something else grin If your earthly father was the President and we have this economic mess, na so you go deny your father abi? you were never a supporter so chill. grin
Re: S&P Downgrades Nigeria Further Into Junk Status- Bloomberg by sekundosekundo: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
mn09abk:

Thought I was young and wont remember what happened I also will not speak foolishly so I tiik it upon myself to research the 1984 you ppl point hands a Gen. Buhari go and ask people that are sincere the economy was in shambles under Shagari adminstration...It was the same Level of corruption seen under PDP that Shagari perpetuated even driving away all the Ghana people did not solve any problem because the corruption of our leaders them was something else...The Army then took over not PMB like zombies will say...then the Supreme Military Council elected Buhari to the helm of affairs of the country then when he refused to devalue the naira after a well orchestrated sabotage by the IMF and I will say the united states that is still a theory though...Cheif corruption enabler IBB took over there...if you want to know more try and research and stop speaking from hearsay

What do you have to say about this?.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Aide, Abdulkadir Dauda: Police Service Commission To Meet / Chigozie Okafor Arrested In Delhi India For Trafficking Heroin / Uzodimma: APGA Is Like Keke NAPEP, It Can’t Take Igbos Far In Getting Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.