Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day (2179 Views)

IPOB Declares 'war' On Ikpeazu, Vows To Frustrate His 2nd Term Ambition Over Att / IPOB Declares Sit-at-home In 10 Northern Cities / IPOB Declares Solomon Arase Wanted Just 24 Hours After Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by DONSMITH123(m): 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Tony Okafor, Awka

The Indigenous People of Biafra has declared September 23 (Friday) as the day all supporters of Biafra will sit at home without going anywhere or doing any work.

This, it said, would be a protest against the continued detention of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu, by the Federal Government.

It enjoined the Igbo and all those who believe in the Biafra ideology all over the country to shut down their businesses and stay at home

It ordered IPOB members outside the country to stage open protests in their areas on that day.

In a press statement from the group’s Spokesperson, Emma Powerful, made available to our correspondent in Awka, Anambra State, it said, “The IPOB worldwide protest will take place in all the countries across the globe, except in Biafra land and Nigeria where church services will be held.”

The statement added, “Every IPOB member and other Biafrans living in Nigeria and Biafra land will stay in their homes on that day.

“We also ask that all markets, schools, banks, transport companies and manufacturing companies to close on that day in solidarity with the overall objectives of the Biafran restoration process, irrespective of your persuasion or affiliation.

“We call on Okada riders, Keke drivers, bus drivers, owners of luxurious buses and drivers, the 911 drivers and owners, the National Union of Road Transport Workers and National Association of Transport Owners to withdraw their vehicles from roads on that day in solidarity with IPOB worldwide for the release of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and for the total liberation of the Biafra people.

“We also advise every Biafran to switch off their communication devices, especially mobile phones, on that day from 8am to 4pm in solidarity.

“This will let the world know including communication companies that Biafrans are serious towards the release of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and the restoration of the ancient and sacred sovereignty of God’s nation, Biafra.”

It maintained that “only IPOB members in Biafra land and Nigeria are exempted from street protests on this occasion”, noting that, “Any country where there are IPOB family units that doesn’t participate in this global event will be shut down.”

http://punchng.com/ipob-declares-sept-23-sit-home-day/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by Cutehector(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
Who sits at home doing nothing in this recession. Iffa slap person now eh

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by SweetLove0(f): 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
mtchew
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by SweetLove0(f): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
“We also ask that all markets, schools, banks, transport companies and manufacturing companies to close on that day in solidarity with the overall objectives of the Biafran restoration process, irrespective of your persuasion or affiliation.

“We call on Okada riders, Keke drivers, bus drivers, owners of luxurious buses and drivers, the 911 drivers and owners, the National Union of Road Transport Workers and National Association of Transport Owners to withdraw their vehicles from roads on that day in solidarity with IPOB worldwide for the release of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and for the total liberation of the Biafra people.

permit me to laugh first grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

and you think it will work?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by ammyluv2002(f): 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lolz.... Shey, they go give people job as a result of staying at home without a Federal holiday. Stay at home at your risk grin undecided

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by abokibuhari: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
I am a proud Jew

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by SweetLove0(f): 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
Cutehector:
Who sits at home doing nothing in this recession. Iffa slap person now eh

you mind them?
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin grin ok

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by DONSMITH123(m): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
abokibuhari:
I am a proud Jew

jew

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by ramdris(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
IPOB still dey exist?

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
ramdris:
IPOB still dey exist?

they are divided already. We now have fake and real.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by Beremx(f): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
i cannot switch off my phone for nnamdi kanu. except he is lucky my battery drains and my phone is off without no where to charge ehe then it will be a coincidence. grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by Funlordjnr: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin

They actually meant "a special sit at home day in kuje for their royal rhesus monkey called kanu"!

Better igbo men and women go dey market or office that day!

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by DONSMITH123(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin grin

Beremx:
i cannot switch off my phone for nnamdi kanu. except he is lucky my battery drains and my phone is off without no where to charge ehe then it will be a coincidence. grin
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by victorvezx(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Beremx:
i cannot switch off my phone for nnamdi kanu.. except he is lucky my battery drains and my phone is off without no where to charge ehe then it will be a coincidence. grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by victorvezx(m): 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Just watch how the Igbos will fail this simple test to prove their loyalty to Kanu. They won't do this one, talk less of to pack their bags out of other regions back to the south east. It is only those who don't have job that will stay at home. Imagine banks, schools, offices, closing because of someone in Abuja prison? Na wa oh

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by larabae13(f): 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lolz iffa hear

Igbo people no fit stay at home oo...shey na for inside dem go sell dier market?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by simplycarro: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
There will be holiday in igboland this Friday.
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by simplycarro: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
larabae13:
Lolz iffa hear

Igbo people no fit stay at home oo...shey na for inside dem go sell dier market?

Are you the one in that fucking dp? I want to get down into you.
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by sweerychick(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hmm, please IPOB don't provoke the local authorities smiley
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by simplycarro: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
abokibuhari:
I am a proud Jew

grin grin grin
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by victorvezx(m): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
blues20:

Some idiots will never allow their numb skull to differentiate between IPOB and Igbo.... I tire for them. Idiots littering every fucking where sad
Sorry for generalizing, but must u insult to get ur opinion across?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by simplycarro: 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
“We call on Okada riders, Keke drivers, bus drivers, [b]owners of luxurious buses and drivers, the 911 drivers and owners, the National Union of Road Transport Workers and National Association of Transport Owners to withdraw their vehicle[/b]s

Hopefully, we will not see any luxurious bus crossing the Niger bridge to ferry more I&EDP into the SW on that day.
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by larabae13(f): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

Are you the one in that fucking dp? I want to get down into you.
ehn itz me nah undecided
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
"We [quote]also advise every Biafran to switch off their communication devices, especially mobile phones, on that day from 8am to 4pm in solidarity"

You Mean No Insults For Buhari On The Internet That Day?

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by DONSMITH123(m): 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:
There will be holiday in igboland this Friday.

says who? if they no arrest them cha
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by victorvezx(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
DONSMITH123:

says who? if they no arrest them cha
I don't want to see any Igbo person or Igbo looking moniker on nairaland on Friday oh!!!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by DONSMITH123(m): 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

victorvezx:

I don't want to see any Igbo person or Igbo looking moniker on nairaland on Friday oh!!!
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by victorvezx(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
abokibuhari:
I am a proud Jew
Fake jew

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by abokibuhari: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
victorvezx:
Fake jew
what's wrong with this sunnist ?
Re: IPOB Declares Sept. 23 Sit-at-home Day by simplycarro: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
victorvezx:

grin grin grin grin grin
You want them to die? Nairaland is their OXYGEN

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Is Facing Secessionist Fervor, Again - Bloomberg / Is This True About Nairaland / Tribunal Watches Atiku’s 3 Video Clips Which Indict Buhari, INEC, Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.