Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages (30241 Views)

The Origin Of Urhobo People / Niger Deltan Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Attention Please!!! From Now, Every Niger-deltan Should Love The Igbos. .o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
blues20:

At bold is what attracted the attention. Your post would have been beautifully objective without the bolded.

What is wrong with the boldened? Is it a lie? Are Igbos the only culprits of the boldened? Are Urhobos Igboid? None of the ethnic groups that my essay covers are Igboid in any sense. So why are Igbos ejaculating over this thread?

I don't have to appeal to the sensibilities of Igbos because I didn't write this article for them. I wrote it for Urhobos and other Niger Deltan non-Igboid ethnic groups. Igbos, as usual, have hijacked it and spoilt their image further.

In any case, that statement was not borne out of bad blood. It is well defended in the following sentences where I said it is not bad to be a polyglot but charity must begin at home!

I have said it before and I say it again, Urhobo and other Niger Delta ethnic groups, with the exception of Anioma and, perhaps, Ikwerre and other groups in Rivers State, have NOTHING to do with Igbos except for proximity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
blues20:
Thread with caution... you're fucvking up badly....
wetin i do ma'am
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
BarryX:
And your Igbo is a forward area in all intents and purposes?
Your paradise is sweet, I must confess

Africans will always be Africans cry

Stick to the topic ma'am. No unnecessary deviations.

Now that the Igbide question has been answered, rather than move on, you decided to start another argument.

What exactly is wrong with you people?

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sanchez01:

It seems they're frying biscuits on your head. I'm the last person you'd want to engage on tribal issues, trust me. If you are looking for your kinsmen in Delta state while in Enugu, I'd suggest you journey yourself down there to meet with them. The thread says Urhobo, yet you and your ilks would self-service and die just because you're all out looking for your lost relatives over your senseless struggle.

Just look at the way they derailed this thread.. all in the name of annexing minority... I don't just get it...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

Doesn't matter how you treat those people. Their Igbo hate is incurable. Let the guy handle them anyway he see fit. Hate for hate is not bad. cool
We had an ime-obi discussion today. This morning to be precise; one of the major agreement is to scale down on internet war. I mean e-war. We have to stealthy thread to.... its important. When you create too many enemies, you make things difficult.

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

Stop talking trash! Your resentment for Igbos is paranoia driven.

That's why you were quick to act like there are no Igbos in Niger Delta when you made the below statement.

"I often encounter individuals of the two Nigerian largest tribes who believe all Niger Deltans are Igbos. They don't even recognise that most of these tribes have NOTHING to do with Igbo".

Closely look at the boldened because I know English is your problem here. How does the boldened connote that no Niger Delta group has nothing to do with Igbo?

Abeg park well make I see better people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

thats what am saying that soon urhobo will become non existent because as oghenekaro is leaving another will leave and may be you will leave as well...you can come to igbo capital cities and judge for yourself as per whether igbo is spoken well or not

Your feverish logic and excitement at annexation is worthy of psychological fascination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
fratermathy:

What is wrong with the boldened? Is it a lie? Are Igbos the only culprits of the boldened? Are Urhobos Igboid? None of the ethnic groups that my essay covers are Igboid in any sense. So why are Igbos ejaculating over this thread?

I don't have to appeal to the sensibilities of Igbos because I didn't write this article for them. I wrote it for Urhobos and other Niger Deltan non-Igboid ethnic groups. Igbos, as usual, have hijacked it and spoilt their image further.

In any case, that statement was not borne out of bad blood. It is well defended in the following sentences where I said it is not bad to be a polyglot but charity must begin at home!

I have said it before and I say it again, Urhobo and other Niger Delta ethnic groups, with the exception of Anioma and, perhaps, Ikwerre and other groups in Rivers State, have NOTHING to do with Igbos except for proximity.
speak only for your urhobo....and stop hiding under Niger Delta...Abia and Imo plus ondo are all niger delta...carry your cross alone as an urhobo man who has shamelessly accepted that itshekiri people made them inferior

5 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

speak only for your urhobo....and stop hiding under Niger Delta...Abia and Imo plus ondo are all niger delta...carry your cross alone as an urhobo man who has shamelessly accepted that itshekiri people made them inferior

@Boldened: Unlike you guys, we know when the rain began to beat us and we accept it fully. Take it or leave it, that statement was not to the glory of Itsekiris.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
blues20:

We had an ime-obi discussion today. This morning to be precise; one of the major agreement is to scale down on internet war. I mean e-war. We have to stealthy thread to.... its important. When you create too many enemies, you make things difficult.

Thank you for the efforts. If all were like you, we would even be the ones begging to follow your cause.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
fratermathy:

The irony of this is that we would rather be slaves to Yorubas than be freemen to Igbos. Sink that into your skull.

As Yoruba slaves, we would be treated far better than you Igbos treat yourselves.
chai..u rather choose to be a slave to another tribe instead of to 'igbos'
i trust afonjas will starve u all to death with intense labour to mop up their soak away pit after they have defecated their smelly amala and ewedu...ntoor!

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

speak for your tribe alone ma'am....we igbos are also part of south south..

Don't know if re truly igbo.. but incase u re igbo.. u re doing more harm than Good to ur Tribe.. this isn't an Igbo vs Urhobo war.. u made it look like one.. The op was only referring to Non-Igboid Ss group e.g Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ijaw.. non of those tribe ever Got any beef with what the op said.. instead we were discussing on how to strengthen our Language.. U guys came in with the claim that Urhobo re from igbo which Any Urhobo son finds offensive and insulting.. U cant tell us who we are.

Ps: am nt lady. and don't make it look as if Urhobo gat beef with igbo.. That's nt true.. We re peaceful and accommodating.. We don't hate u nor any tribe in Nigeria.

#Peace#

5 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
fratermathy:

Closely look at the boldened because I know English is your problem here. How does the boldened connote that no Niger Delta group has nothing to do with Igbo?

Abeg park well make I see better people.

Couldn't you have made you article without roping Ndiigbo into it? Why is it hard for you people to atleast for the sake of your sanity hide your Igbo paranoia/ hate?

As long you can't make your articles without finding ways to rope Igbos into it and project us in bad light, be sure to have your thread pounced on and all necessary mis information contained there in corrected harshly with no care for your fragile feelings. Hatred will always begot hatred.

This is no 60's where a generation of Igbo knew not the importance of putting envious groups to sword and debunk any of their mis information to the public about Igbo.

Anyone that would want to put Ndiigbo in his silly write up in this generation must be putting it to praise the Igbo or encourage/ identity us. Anything else will attract
harsh rebuttals simply aimed at debunking mis representations of Ndiigbo. cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

chai..u rather choose to be a slave to another tribe instead of to 'igbos'
i trust afonjas will starve u all to death with intense labour to mop up their soak away pit after they have defecated their smelly amala and ewedu...ntoor!

We will gladly accept our fate knowing full well that they are not Igbos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by BarryX(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

Stick to the topic ma'am. No unnecessary deviations.

Now that the Igbide question has been answered, rather than move on, you decided to start another argument.

What exactly is wrong with you people?
You should ask yourself what exactly was your intent in this thread at the first place?

Read the thread title again and answer yourself !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

Couldn't you have made you article without roping Ndiigbo into it? Why is it hard for you people to atleast for the sake of your sanity hide your Igbo paranoia/ hate?

As long you can't make your articles without finding ways to rope Igbos into it and project us in bad light, be sure to have your thread pounced on and all necessary mis information contained there in corrected harshly with no care for your fragile feelings. Hatred will always begot hatred.

This is no 60's where a generation of Igbo knew not the importance of putting envious groups to sword and debunk any of their mis information to the public about Igbo.

Anyone that would want to put Ndiigbo in his silly write up in this generation must be putting it to praise the Igbo or encourage/ identity us. Anything else will attract
harsh rebuttals simply aimed at debunking mis representations of Ndiigbo. cool

Keep charging on like a sexually starved ram. Urhobos are not your enemies. When you see your real enemies you can't even utter "pem"! You'll just run to Nnamdi Kanu and beg him to quickly declare Biafra for you.

Iranu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
BarryX:
You should ask yourself what exactly was your intent in this thread at the first place?

Thank you, my brother. He's talking about thread topic, and he's the one that derailed it. Speak of hypocrisy.

I want them to continue so that the whole world and Urhobo people can see... Our children will see and know these things. The internet is the best way to document facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
Efewestern:

Don't know if re truly igbo.. but incase u re igbo.. u re doing more harm than Good to ur Tribe.. this isn't an Igbo vs Urhobo war.. u made it look like one.. The op was only referring to Non-Igboid Ss group e.g Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ijaw.. non of those tribe ever Got any beef with what the op said.. instead we were discussing on how to strengthen our Language.. U guys came in with the claim that Urhobo re from igbo which Any Urhobo son finds offensive and insulting.. U cant tell us who we are.

Ps: am nt lady. and don't make it look as if Urhobo gat beef with igbo.. That's nt true.. We re peaceful and accommodating.. We don't hate u nor any tribe in Nigeria.

#Peace#
but fratermathy your bro said urhobo hates igbos..check it up there..so we should relax for him to hate on us??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
blues20:

There is no pampering this people. Even if you kill yourself for them.

Those who love you will always love you.

How many times do you see these hatred towards the Igbo that emanate from Urhobo/Isoko/Ijaws towards the Igbo from the group's in Akwa Ibom and Cross River?
The answer is rarely.

The hate is ingrained in them. Trying to change it is waste of time better spent at planning on how to nullify their hatred and making sure they get consumed by it without harming you. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Onegai:

Helps are a tricky thing. We have spoken about the kids spending time with both grandparents but let us see. They after all, didn't teach their kids their language.

I'd love to see children's books in English, Ika, Itsekiri and Urhobo or Okpe. Dual. They have them for English and Spanish ans English and Yoruba and Igbo.

where Do you reside in Delta ?.. I might recommend some books for you .. What school re your ward attending ?.. Most schools in warri teach Urhobo as one of there subject.. The earlier the better..

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
fratermathy:

Keep charging on like a sexually starved ram. Urhobos are not your enemies. When you see your real enemies you can't even utter "pem"! You'll just run to Nnamdi Kanu and beg him to quickly declare Biafra for you.

Iranu.

What exactly are you on this time around.

You are not our enemies, good, fine and cool. Now stop finding a way to put us in your silly articles.

You don't see Ndiigbo writing articles about you lots.

Face your Yoruba/ Arewa masters, leave Ndiigbo out of your madness.

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
Efewestern:

#Peace#

Oniovo kobiruo. I just can't stand and watch when they start uttering things they can't even say to an Urhobo man face-to-face all because they have access to an internet connection.

How will they feel if we they say originated from Hausaland? They don't even put themselves in the shoes of others. They think only of themselves and think everything is a joke. I know for a fact that these guys are just having fun and they like to rope others in their controversy to bring you to their level.

However, I know the whole world is seeing this and posterity will see this. When it is time for the great decision to be made, posterity will be the judge. As for me, I'll feed them small starch and banga soup, in their own quality and consistency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

but fratermathy your bro said urhobo hates igbos..check it up there..so we should relax for him to hate on us??

Nobody hates u.. he never said we hate u.. All we re saying is that We Have nothing in Common with you.. Thats just his point .. pls show me where he said we hate you.

Your comments re making it hard for SS minorities to like u.. jusr imagine the way u insulted us..

I am nt ready to exchange word with anybody.. Don't intend doing that.. Please watch what u say.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
fratermathy:

Thank you, my brother. He's talking about thread topic, and he's the one that derailed it. Speak of hypocrisy.

I want them to continue so that the whole world and Urhobo people can see... Our children will see and know these things. The internet is the best way to document facts.
our own children are also seeing it...unluckily enough in the near future this same language u are trying to protect will go extinct and those children will have nothing to talk about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by KardinalZik(m): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
And in fact, this ETHNOPHOBIA is worse in Isoko North and South, particularly in my village.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

Please quote exactly where I said that... Like I said, English is your problem here. Take a dictionary and check the meaning of dislike and mistrust and tell me if they have the same semantic equivalence to hate.

In any case, whether hate or not, we are not your enemies. You yourselves know your enemies. Go and face them squarely. Don't demonstrate your local championship on a defenceless minority.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by LorDBolton(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
TheUmbra:

The manner of reaction to a provakable submission is a good pointer to the mental and psychological make up of the reactor.

You left yourself wide open when you quoted Mr Igboid and I beheld your entrails -- undigested fibres of hate and bitterness have made you a constipated soul choking in bigotry.

Lols. you played urself bro with that last line.

Furthest thing from a bigot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by LorDBolton(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
DLioness:
see your mouth

Like ur own tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
BarryX:

Ask your dubious brother that opened this thread, what he smoked when he wrote the below:

"I often encounter individuals of the two Nigerian largest tribes who believe all Niger Deltans are Igbos. They don't even recognise that most of these tribes have NOTHING to do with Igbo!

He will not be allowed to be the one to tell us about our histories with groups in present SS. If he can't stick to talking about his Urhobo group only, but would rather rope Ndiigbo into his articles, including using terms like "Niger Delta" that has Igbo groups in it.

Then he should always expect harsh but fact filled rebuttals from Ndiigbo.

7 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

What exactly are you on this time around.

You are not our enemies, good, fine and cool. Now stop finding a way to put us in your silly articles.

You don't see Ndiigbo writing articles about you lots.

Face your Yoruba/ Arewa masters, leave Ndiigbo out of your madness.

I am a writer and I will not be coerced by any ethnic group into writing what I want or not. If you don't like what I wrote, well, you can move on and write a rejoinder. That is how it is done by sane people not lunatics that troll and hijack threads to create enmity where none exists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by LorDBolton(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

You are silly? Which Oyo do you speak of? The one that begged to be colonised by the British or the Bini that was dismantled by the British in less than two weeks.

You are very silly. Fair skin amongst both western and Eastern Igbos were things the first white man that set foot on Igboland noticed. It's a natural attribute that we don't give much to, but I see is consuming you.

I state it as it is. Whether you like it or not. With Cross Rivers no longer an oil producing state, the only thing that Unites the entire SS region, is shared culture with their Igbo neighbours.
That does not in anyway mean that we want groups like Urhobo,Bini, Itsekiri Isoko with all their bitterness in a future Igbo country.

Pls prove that point ooo. Per the bolded

If u can't prove it then you're a b******

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Efewestern:

Nobody hates u.. he never said we hate u.. All we re saying is that We Have nothing in Common with you.. Thats just his point .. pls show me where he said we hate you.

Your comments re making it hard for SS minorities to like u.. jusr imagine the way u insulted us..

I am nt ready to exchange word with anybody.. Don't intend doing that.. Please watch what u say.

Thanks
is he has nothing in common with us he shouldn't have reminded us of that and leave us to ourselves...and we are not seeking for urhobo to like us afterall..have the so called south south minorities finished liking themselves
or will i remind u of the killings between urhobo and ijaw over who owns warri
leave other tribes and focus on your urhobo....if you have nothing to do with us you dont have to tell us that because is provocative on its own

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Rare Yoruba Names And Meaning / Loyalty In Relationships: Are Black Women Too Loyal To Black Men / Canadian Terry Duguid In Igbo Attire During Festival. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.