Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics (14607 Views)

Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University / History Produces First Class In University Of Calabar (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Bags 1st Class In BSc & Distinction In MSc Outside Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2017
kennyjam:

The best is coming. Amen....

Amen!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2017
kennyjam:

Abi...I thank God, to Him be all the glory.

Thanks man

You're welcome bro.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by thankyouJesus(m): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2017
kennyjam:

@kenny4lyf and others concerned.

To God be the Glory!!!

I got 4.95 GPA. Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come. It can only get better by God's grace.
Thanks all.
Chisos, na you o.
Baba, show me the way na, I wan be like you.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:20am On Jul 01, 2017
thankyouJesus:
Chisos, na you o.

Follow our updates closely and learn by example. Maths is easy; it is a language just like your day to day English (written and spoken). You wouldn't have difficulty solving problems once you understand the language (i.e question) and you'll be able to interpret (solve/evaluate/prove) it accordingly using prescribed steps (methods and formulas).
NOTE: No one, I repeat, no one is an Olodo! The different between you and that guy that's good at Maths is practice.
So, it entails hard work my friend. Practice! Practice!! Practice!!!

Good luck!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:34am On Jul 01, 2017
Guys,
One of the reasons why I couldn't meet up with my 100level school fees is because I ventured in some of these ponzi schemes around in December 2016, I lost my hard-saved 45,000NGN to that stuff. It nearly killed my spirit but no more. I though I should open up a bit... free my mind and stuff. I've commenced another round of saving. I'm almost at 60% of the total sum. It'll soon be over!

Now, I've also decided to venture into some easy but secure online business.
I opened a bitcoin wallet account today. You too can at https://remitano.com/ng?ref=kentally you'll get 11,000NGN for every referral. Joined InstaForex too(I guess I'll be a frequenter of the Business section of NL now). A pal is also sending a photocopy printer to me from Lagos; that's a goldmine on campus too. The truth is, to have created that thread on fund raising on NL was the hardest thing I've ever done (and I will never try that again), though it still remain an option anyway. That said, I am not one lazy dude myself. I might not be able to carry cements or push sand on wheelbarrows but put me on a computer related, management or marketing job and I'll surprise you. All right... enough for now. Lets go win some more.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 11:40am On Jul 01, 2017
thankyouJesus:
Chisos, na you o.

Go over the thread again from begining, read the adviceand tips given, and solidify your background if it's not. By God's grace, it's possible and be done.

Goodluck Bro... and Happy new month All.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Oju4190: 3:11am On Jul 02, 2017
baum1:

If you alread obtained the first class, Please can you send me an email. Thanks
Beware of fraudsters.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:13am On Jul 03, 2017
Oju4190:
Beware of fraudsters.
We sure are aware of fraudsters but why did you add 419 to your moniker?
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by thankyouJesus(m): 8:49am On Jul 03, 2017
All yours are taken, thank you all.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:25am On Jul 03, 2017
thankyouJesus:
All yours are taken, thank you all.

You're welcome! Keep winning!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Icosahedron(m): 10:45am On Jul 03, 2017
You all are taking the tree for the forest.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:56am On Jul 03, 2017
Icosahedron:
You all are taking the tree for the forest.
Kindly state what you meant by the above. Thanks!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Icosahedron(m): 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:

Kindly state what you meant by the above. Thanks!

A first class degree ought not be the ultimate goal.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:39am On Jul 04, 2017
Icosahedron:

A first class degree ought not be the ultimate goal.
'cus it doesn't guarantee a job right?
Wrong! This is one reason why we dish out professional mediocres in our tertiary institutions.
It's like telling a secondary school students who aspires to study medicine not to make getting A's in his core-science subjects his ultimate goals. Imagine a jambite who applied to study law yet he didn't plan to score high in Literature, Government and History?
Have you ever been to the fruit market without the intention to buy the best?

When we decided to aim for first class, the reason is plain and simple: to provide a solid foundation for those of us who wishes to continue in any branch of applied mathematics, statistics or engineering of choice in the future. The world is a beneficiary of the excellence that Bill Gate (Microsoft's founder) aimed for in his father's garage today. So, don't try to dissuade or discourage us from our goals 'cus it is for the benefit of mankind. The average African/Nigerian mentality is to go to school so that they can get a job, build a family and stuff, it's never about the intention to make our continent/country a better place through science and technology. So please, shelf that notion of "A first class degree ought not be the ultimate goal" it's a stale excuse for mediocres. Thanks! grin

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Icosahedron(m): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:

'cus it doesn't guarantee a job right?
Wrong! This is one reason why we dish out professional mediocres in our tertiary institutions.
It's like telling a secondary school students who aspires to study medicine not to make getting A's in his core-science subjects his ultimate goals. Imagine a jambite who applied to study law yet he didn't plan to score high in Literature, Government and History?
Have you ever been to the fruit market without the intention to buy the best?

When we decided to aim for first class, the reason is plain and simple: to provide a solid foundation for those of us who wishes to continue in any branch of applied mathematics, statistics or engineering of choice in the future. The world is a beneficiary of the excellence that Bill Gate (Microsoft's founder) aimed for in his father's garage today. So, don't try to dissuade or discourage us from our goals 'cus it is for the benefit of mankind. The average African/Nigerian mentality is to go to school so that they can get a job, build a family and stuff, it's never about the intention to make our continent/country a better place through science and technology. So please, shelf that notion of "A first class degree ought not be the ultimate goal" it's a stale excuse for mediocres. Thanks! grin

Who cares about employment bro? You should channel your energy towards understanding mathematics from a very broad perspective and not worry about first class.
Since you want first class too bad, I shall challenge you with a Geometry problem. Note that this problem is not advanced, I am a jambite and I solved using both Geometry and Trigonometry (2 solutions).

Problem: In triangle ABC, AB = BC(hence the triangle is isosceles), the angle bisector of A and B meets BC and AC in D and E respectively, let I be the incenter of triangle ADC, given that angle BEI = 45°. Find all possible values of angle BAC.

Provide your solution with diagrams.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
thankyouJesus:
Chisos, na you o. Baba, show me the way na, I wan be like you.

Yeah... bro....
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by 9jageekz(m): 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
Icosahedron:

Who cares about employment bro? You should channel your energy towards understanding mathematics from a very broad perspective and not worry about first class.
Since you want first class too bad, I shall challenge you with a Geometry problem. Note that this problem is not advanced, I am a jambite and I solved using both Geometry and Trigonometry (2 solutions).

Problem: In triangle ABC, AB = BC(hence the triangle is isosceles), the angle bisector of A and B meets BC and AC in D and E respectively, let I be the incenter of triangle ADC, given that angle BEI = 45°. Find all possible values of angle BAC.

Little did I know we still have mediocre like this, did anyone call for contest. this is an easy question. but, I will not stoop low in solving and flexing my mathematical prowess here on NL.

All because an unknown human behind a keyboard sunk is his illusion wants us to know he has been practising some geometry.

Bro you need to cut this BS.. #Peace
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by yayatoure046(m): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:

Dear edulanders, lol!

I'm currently running a Bsc.Ed Math program in a Nigerian University with the aim of making a first class. I'm in my first year and currently preparing for 2nd semester resumption.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me with textbooks (both online and printed) to help me prepare for my 2nd semester.

Eep me please....

My 2nd semester courses are:

1. Edu 111- Foundations of Education
2. Edu 122- Developmental Psychology
3. Edu 152- Introduction to Educational Technology
4. STA 132- Inference

Others are:

MTH 102- Elementary Mathematics II
MTH 103- Elementary Mathematics III

I can handle the GSTs

Thanks in anticipation!

cc fynestboy

kenny please add,me up on whatsapp lets talk am also in maths dept with same mind set of urs currently in 200l add up lets discuss please 07016900972
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
yayatoure046:
kenny please add,me up on whatsapp lets talk am also in maths dept with same mind set of urs currently in 200l add up lets discuss please 07016900972

Ok. I'm currently not on What'sApp as my current device is a stone (i.e. not internet enabled). I have saved your contact anyway and will notify you the moment I'm back on What'sApp. Thanks! wink
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
Icosahedron:

My advice to you is to go and work on gaining admission. You can't just come here and flex your supposed geometric mastery. If you're not interested in making a first class or something close to it? Fine! GET OFF MY THREAD!!! Your presence here is a converse of our purpose! Thank you! angry
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
9jageekz:

Little did I know we still have mediocre like this, did anyone call for contest. this is an easy question. but, I will not stoop low in solving and flexing my mathematical prowess here on NL.

All because an unknown human behind a keyboard sunk is his illusion wants us to know he has been practising some geometry.

Bro you need to cut this BS.. #Peace

My brother, them boku for nairaland!
They are like a variable that is neither monotonic-increasing nor monotonic-decreasing. One can never predict what they tends to.
Funny enough, if these "nut-jobs" on real exam situation they tend to flop because of "oversabi".
So sad! embarassed
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:03am On Jul 19, 2017
Hi everyone,
This is to inform everyone on this thread that a thread I previously created for the purpose of raising funds for my school fees has been closed as it's no longer needed. I will not... I repeat, I WILL NOT respond to any replies, mentions or the likes whatsoever irrespective of the poster from here on out. Thanks for following!

cc @Kennyjam @Setracusra

link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3832277/save-dream-pay-school-fee
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:11am On Jul 19, 2017
Ok guys,
All is going well. I still haven't given up yet. A lot has happened but it'll be disclosed later.
Meanwhile, 1st Semester Examinations have started. I'll be starting with Linear Algebra this Friday.
I'm confident about the best grades already! Also, the fact that I haven't seen my 100Level 1st and 2nd semester results made me buckle up X2.
I'm still not online yet and I hope to do something about that once I round up my papers. I trust everyone will do better this 2016/2017 session as well. Going back to my books. Cheers! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Icosahedron(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:

My advice to you is to go and work on gaining admission. You can't just come here and flex your supposed geometric mastery. If you're not interested in making a first class or something close to it? Fine! GET OFF MY THREAD!!! Your presence here is a converse of our purpose! Thank you! angry

Like I said earlier, you don't take the tree for the forest. There is a reason Asia and Europe and countries in the Eastern blocs are light years ahead of Africa in STEM science, There is a reason why the greatest Geometer are mostly from Russia, there is a reason the world most renowned Number Theorists are mostly from Germany. I have so much to say but I'm too lazy to type. But I do suggest you forget about first class and focus on your studies, Try to solve Putnam problems (especially Analysis, Geometry and Number Theory), this would broaden your Mathematical insight and give you a better overview of Mathematics in general.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:16am On Jul 22, 2017
Icosahedron:

Like I said earlier, you don't take the tree for the forest. There is a reason Asia and Europe and countries in the Eastern blocs are light years ahead of Africa in STEM science, There is a reason why the greatest Geometer are mostly from Russia, there is a reason the world most renowned Number Theorists are mostly from Germany. I have so much to say but I'm too lazy to type. But I do suggest you forget about first class and focus on your studies, Try to solve Putnam problems (especially Analysis, Geometry and Number Theory), this would broaden your Mathematical insight and give you a better overview of Mathematics in general.

OK

Since you're such an expert in 'not taking the tree for a forest',

Let the statements 'taking the tree for a forest'=P, gaining admission in a Nigerian university=Q and icosahedron minding his own business=W then,

Given y=f(icosahedron)= icosahedron·{~P} then,

Limit y=f(icosahedron)= icosahedron· {~P} =Q as the variable icosahedron → W (icosahedron approaches W)

Dude what do you think I'm doing with my time as I set my target for a first class in my course of choice? Bribing lecturers and attending slumber parties?
Most of the Maths topics you spoke of above are part of my courses for subsequent semesters in school {Numerical Analysis, Real Analysis, Metric Space Topology et al}

Why do you think Nigerian students go and study abroad only to make a first class without breaking a sweat? Abi why are folks always complaining that our university curriculum (Sciences mostly) comprises of much theory with little or no practical.

Will you stop taking Panadol for the headaches of others?

Your approach at offering advice on this thread was wrong. You charged in riding on your horse. You even went ahead to shoot yourself in the foot by saying you just wrote JAMB and you're awaiting admission.

What I have on this thread are scholars in their various universities motivating and helping each other to achieve our common goal.

Do you even know the calibre of the lecturers teaching me?

Guy you pissed me off and I forgive you. But if you continue like this I will report you to the mods.

Keep your ~P to yourself, if you must remain on this thread, 'humble yourself and learn'

We are already doing enough of problem-set-solving on campus and at home respectively. If you want a thread of ~P folks like you, why not create one?
Haba!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Icosahedron(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:

OK

Since you're such an expert in 'not taking the tree for a forest',

Let the statements 'taking the tree for a forest'=P, gaining admission in a Nigerian university=Q and icosahedron minding his own business=W then,

Given y=f(icosahedron)= icosahedron·{~P} then,

Limit y=f(icosahedron)= icosahedron· {~P} =Q as the variable icosahedron → W (icosahedron approaches W)

Dude what do you think I'm doing with my time as I set my target for a first class in my course of choice? Bribing lecturers and attending slumber parties?
Most of the Maths topics you spoke of above are part of my courses for subsequent semesters in school {Numerical Analysis, Real Analysis, Metric Space Topology et al}

Why do you think Nigerian students go and study abroad only to make a first class without breaking a sweat? Abi why are folks always complaining that our university curriculum (Sciences mostly) comprises of much theory with little or no practical.

Will you stop taking Panadol for the headaches of others?

Your approach at offering advice on this thread was wrong. You charged in riding on your horse. You even went ahead to shoot yourself in the foot by saying you just wrote JAMB and you're awaiting admission.

What I have on this thread are scholars in their various universities motivating and helping each other to achieve our common goal.

Do you even know the calibre of the lecturers teaching me?

Guy you pissed me off and I forgive you. But if you continue like this I will report you to the mods.

Keep your ~P to yourself, if you must remain on this thread, 'humble yourself and learn'

We are already doing enough of problem-set-solving on campus and at home respectively. If you want a thread of ~P folks like you, why not create one?
Haba!

Words are wasted on you.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:09am On Jul 22, 2017
Icosahedron:

Words are wasted on you.

Sadly the converse is the case. cry
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello all, I'm pleased to inform you that I'm online. PM me on hindero22@hotmail.com
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 4:05am On Aug 11, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:
Hi everyone,
This is to inform everyone on this thread that a thread I previously created for the purpose of raising funds for my school fees has been closed as it's no longer needed. I will not... I repeat, I WILL NOT respond to any replies, mentions or the likes whatsoever irrespective of the poster from here on out. Thanks for following!

cc @Kennyjam @Setracusra

link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3832277/save-dream-pay-school-fee

I can see the aforementioned has now been officially closed by the mods. Good job @Fynestboi @Seun
@Richiez @olawalebabs
I am now online y'all! @kennyjam lets connect on WhatsApp again. Any other interested party to the WhatsApp platform should kindly drop their numbers. Those with preference for email should contact me on hindero22@hotmail.com! Thank you Lord Jesus! Thanks all! I'll post by CGPA soon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
Kenny4lyfe:

I can see the aforementioned has now been officially closed by the mods. Good job @Fynestboi @Seun
@Richiez @olawalebabs
I am now online y'all! @kennyjam lets connect on WhatsApp again. Any other interested party to the WhatsApp platform should kindly drop their numbers. Those with preference for email should contact me on hindero22@hotmail.com! Thank you Lord Jesus! Thanks all! I'll post by CGPA soon!

we thank God for all. To Him be glorified...

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by PrinceCEE(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
baum1:

Good luck with your plan. Just don't go too wide.

Ask those who came close what they would have done if they were to start all over again.

BEd is tough. Take courses from science and then take from education, not easy.

When you achieve your aim, send me an email again. With a first class in math edu, and the help of the Lord, I can place you into a university of your choice. Think Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT. And yes, I mean it.

So, go fight like a lion and achieve your goals.

What about a first class in mechanical engineering?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Training And Certification On Scholarship / Nairaland Interschool debate: Unijos Vs Abu Zaria::: Winner::: ABU ZARIA / #JusticeforDonDavis: Let’s Allow The Court Handle It - Deborah Okezie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.