Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University (31200 Views)

Uniben Law Student Destiny Ogedegbe, Graduates With First Class, Becomes Second / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria / Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by owukpa(m): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
A 22-year-old Dorcas Omada Oche has bagged First Class Degree in Pharmacy from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, India.

[url]WWW.IDOMAVOICE.COM[/url] exclusively gathered that the young achiever is a native of Otukpa, Ogbadibo LGA of Benue State.

The young pharmacist told our reporter that she came out with a total of 72.2% CGPA.

Confirming the development, a visibly elated Miss Oche said, “Finally completed my B.Pharm course with First class results. I thank the Lord almighty, my beloved parents, my family and friends.

“Indeed dreams do come through, never settle for less. Hard work pays. Despite all hurdles I made it. I am proud; I am my father's daughter.”

Speaking on her challenges, the latest graduate said, “I must confess, being a foreigner was not easy at first. Another thing was that it was difficult to understand their flow of English intonation.

“Also, the system was different from Nigeria’s. We had to go to school from Monday till Sunday, spending at least eight hours. But, above all, I am glad I made my country, state and my community proud,” a visibly elated Miss Oche told IDOMA VOICE.

On the secret on her success, she said, “I owe it all to God; he’s the secret of my success. Hard work also played a vital role in my achievement.

“Passion and my parents remain my biggest motivations. Being the first child, I had wanted to make my family proud and I did, eventually. My dream is to also serve humanity,” she added.

SOURCE>>>>http://www.idomavoice.com/2018/06/idoma-born-dorcas-omada-oche-bags-first-class-in-pharmacy-from-gandhi-university-india.html

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by soberdrunk(m): 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
I have never and will never see "First Class" as a major achievement, the fact is any individual with a 'retentive' memory and some level of discipline can achieve it in the 'right environment'. what i am saying basically is getting a First class doesn't automatically mean you are a 'genius' or you have a 'brilliant mind', some of these "First class" holders lack basic skills and 'technical know how' and can hardly think outside the box. The real genius is that individual that can balance educational intelligence with basic wisdom and think outside the box........... angry Congrats to her! She try!

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Donald95(m): 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
That name sounds Igbo, she must have Igbo blood in her maybe her mum or Auntie and that is why she is unique and intelligent

12 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by InansBobo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
wow, my otukpa sister. congrats to her, Idomas are getting up � in all fields

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Jman06(m): 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
soberdrunk:
I have never and will never see "First Class" as a major achievement, the fact is any individual with a 'retentive' memory and some level of discipline can achieve it in the 'right environment'. what i am saying basically is getting a First class doesn't automatically mean you are a 'genius' or you have a 'brilliant mind', some of these "First class" holders lack basic skills and 'technical know how' and can hardly think outside the box. The real genius is that individual that can balance educational intelligence with basic wisdom and think outside the box........... angry Congrats to her! She try!
Bro you are wrong ! Making a first class requires a lot of work and smartness. Only a very brilliant mind can make a first class !

The fact that we don't have a first class shouldn't be a reason for us to make it seem irrelevant.
One problem we have in Nigeria is the problem of destroying what we cannot have ! We don't know where to draw the line in criticizing those who excel where we fail to. It's a major problem which permeates every sectors of Nigeria, from politics to health, education and even sports.
That is why some people will be out to destroy the whole country just because they couldn't have their tribesman win the presidency of Nigeria. We need to imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship in all our endeavors.

Congrats to the young lady !

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by celestialAgent(m): 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
Good, but not enough to complement all the many recent bad news.

God we need some more good news, the blood is enough undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Edu3Again: 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Congrats Biafran

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by rentAcock(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, I hope this young lady has the patience to wait until she lands her dream pharmacy job. I have a church member who left Nigeria for America to study pharmacy. The young lady earned her doctorate in pharmacy degree over 3years ago and she's yet to get a job. Apparently, there's a saturation of pharmacists currently in the states and many of them are finding it difficult to get a job. She said this problem started when so many schools decided to start their own pharmacy programs for profit. Now there's more supply than demand. A pharmacist right out of college can earn $120,000 a year, but many employers are hiring part-timers and paying them $48/hr instead of $85/hr. I wish her all the best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by babeosisi: 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Girls rock!

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by fratermathy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Are degrees in pharmacy stratified into classes? I thought it's like degrees in Medicine where everyone graduates with the same result, with the exception of distinctions in individual courses.

Congrats to the graduand though. It is not easy and it's not everyday we get to hear good news from Nigerians abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Great cheesy .
I LOVE PEOPLE THAT MAKE US PROUD out there!!
This sky is the starting point for you pretty.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by babeosisi: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
Donald95:
That name sounds Igbo, she must have Igbo blood in her maybe her mum or Auntie and that is why she is unique and intelligent

Most likely Benue
Close to Nsukka sha grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Houseofglam7(f): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
Impressive!!!

I can't even drive to my house without Google maps embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by inoki247: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
wu First class epp.. First Class that cannot invent something new is that one a first class. dem inventors are not first class dey think beyond another person discovery..

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by HRich(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Buhari will never declare Killer Herdsmen terrorists and we all know why now. It didn’t take them 24hrs to declare IPOB a terrorist organization. IPOB didn’t kill even 5 people. These Herdsmen have killed thousands under Buhari’s watch.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by oshe11: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
SHE is the REAL SLAY QUEEN

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Donald95:
Edu3Again:
Congrats Biafran
babeosisi:

Most likely Benue
Close to Nsukka sha grin
See dem tribalists!
Smh

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by 76Naira(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
soberdrunk:

You have no idea what it takes to consistently drive performance. Intelligence alone will not give you such a result; you would require dedication and an unwavering resolve to get the required grades through thick and thin.
Such people have no room for excuses, not for the weather, emotions, relationships or everyday social media distractions. That dear, is a lot.

9 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by fratermathy(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Donald95:
babeosisi:

Most likely Benue
Close to Nsukka sha grin
Edu3Again:
Congrats Biafran

Una nor dey tire for life sef? She is a Nigerian, pure and simple!

And besides, that name doesn't even appears, sounds or pretends to be an Igbo name.

4 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by 76Naira(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
fratermathy:
Are degrees in pharmacy stratified into classes? I thought it's like a degree in Medicine where everyone graduates with same results, with the exception of distinctions in individual courses.

Congrats to the graduand though. It is not easy and it's not everyday we get to hear good news from Nigerians abroad.

This is country dependent in some cases.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by DaV8King(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
The real slay queen............congrats sister

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Karlovich: 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
congratulations, you are officially licensed to smuggle drugs to India from the land of the rising mud
Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by noah91(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Donald95:
Igbo blood indeed. Just like the way Ojukwu was intelligent and unique for slaughtering over 2 millions flattiez

6 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Ochiboy11: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Congrats.
Fulani Herdsmen captured training with Loaded Sophisticated Weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRyMHIaoQg
Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by TheAngry1: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
soberdrunk:

You wish you had a first class... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by femi4: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Edo Amaka
Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by abbaapple: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
angry

Let her come to Nigeria and prove it! I think this our country is different from other part of the world generally! 9ja is a different world entirely! lipsrsealed
Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by fratermathy(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
soberdrunk:

You've not made any salient point here. You are only trying to excuse academic laziness with the anecdotal idea of "technical know how". What does that even mean? Do you think that technicians do not base their works on some measure of theory? Who are the theorists? Dimwits with technical know how?

Nigerians should stop trying to undermine excellence. The discipline and aptitude needed for academic excellence are what also translate into the practical application of knowledge. Intelligence cannot be measured as everyone is intelligent in their own way but what can be measured is HARD WORK! Whether you choose to be an academic, lawyer, technician, driver, cook, singer, etc, it is HARD WORK that will see you through! No one can make a first class without HARD WORK.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Timagex(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
What I have noticed is that, these peeps who have the opportunities and resources to study abroad make good grades. I believe this came out of the fact that, they learn in conducive environments, and, the right and updated learning materials are available to them. If our education sector is worked on, we have brains yet to be developed in the country. Congrats to her and rip to the lost souls.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by TheAngry1: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
76Naira:

You have no idea what it takes to consistently drive performance. Intelligence alone will not give you such a result; you would require dedication and an unwavering resolve to get the required grades through thick and thin.
Such people have no room for excuses, not for the weather, emotions, relationships or everyday social media distractions. That dear, is a lot.

He doesn't understand what it means to make an average of 8.5/10 for 8 semesters minimum...he cannot understand

4 Likes

Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by opeyehmmy(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
Na everything Nigerians dey bag for anywhere.
Re: Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
i
soberdrunk:
Applied knowledge and skills coupled with critical reasoning and problem solving abilities are the Hallmark of intelligent innovations and scientific breakthroughs.
Rote memory is just a 'natural' ability which is selective in the population. It doesn't signify intelligence as we are made to believe in our society.
Intelligent people don't even need to go to school to be great. They somehow find a way to profer solutions to societal problems through their problem solving capabilities and positive curiousity.
This is the basis of research and in general, progress.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BIU Student Threatens Tab-Thief With Madness (Snapshot) / UNIBEN Security Beat Protesting Postgraduate Students (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between School, Faculty And College?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.