Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Pdp Has No Candidate In Anamabra Elections! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Has No Candidate In Anamabra Elections! (670 Views)

I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari / I Have No Candidate For 2015 — Buhari / I Have No Candidate For 2015 —buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Has No Candidate In Anamabra Elections! by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 12, 2009
The dead line for submission of the candidates was 6.00pm but PDP went there by 10.30pm.

INEC must not bend the rules! Iwu must obey the laws of Nigeria! The PDP has shot herself on the foot, the PDP has schemed herself out of the race. They have rigged themselves out of Anambra State!. It is now either Ngige or Obi, but more of Ngige than Obi.

Chineke I di nma a, I di nma, I di nma e ,

Fresh row over Soludo's choice by PDP, deadline miss
From Alifa Daniel, Abuja

FROM the critical elements within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), mum was the posture yesterday even as there were growing fears that some aggrieved members of the party who lost out from the selection process that produced former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, as its standard-bearer for the Anambra State governorship elections might head for the courts this week if nothing was done to assuage them.

The Group of 21 (G-21) chieftains opted not to speak just yet. Even one of its point-men, former Senate President Ken Nnamani, was also not forthcoming yesterday.

But the coalition of opposition parties, the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP) and the Action Congress (AC) said it was time to take the PDP to the cleaners.

Nnamani deferred his comments, but it was gathered that the G-21 was having problems commenting on the alleged anomaly in the party because three of its members are ministers in the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

It was not clear last night which of the aggrieved gubernatorial aspirants of the PDP would head for the courts but the CNPP has sign-posted its desire to take the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to court for allegedly accepting Soludo's nomination after the stated time.

CNPP's spokesman, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, berated the PDP for losing the opportunity to showcase internal democracy with its inability to conduct proper primaries and allegedly missing the 6.00 p.m. deadline of the INEC.

"To us, democracy is a journey and not a destination, the violation and disobedience of INEC 6.00 p.m. deadline of October 9, 2009 and lack of internal democracy from the so-called largest political party (PDP) in Africa calls for a great concern as robust practice of internal democracy and obedience to INEC rules are essential ingredient for electoral rule of law and procedure for free, fair and transparent elections.

"CNPP highly objects to the late submission made by the PDP; for it is too early in the day for Prof. Maurice Iwu to start bending the rules in favour of PDP, We will contest this to the highest court in the land.

"The failure to manage successfully a party primary holding in only one state and submit candidate on time has paradoxically gazetted why PDP is growing as the largest political party in Africa; while the country it has ruled for nearly 10 years is dangerously sliding into a failed state.

"CNPP has for the umpteenth time maintained that PDP's chronic phobia for election is synonymous with their inordinate ambition to transform Nigeria into one party state and rule for 60 years; otherwise how can one explain the repeat of 2003 and 2007 sham elections prototype fraud, violence and plethora of petitions, in a primary conducted by a regime which preaches electoral reform.

"The sordid outcome and failure of PDP to conduct free, fair and transparent gubernatorial primary, in spite of the deployment of soldiers, serving governors, ministers and the Speaker (House of Representatives) is that Soludo emerged the candidate of PDP without the genuine votes of members of the PDP but that of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and fixers."

The AC National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, noted in a statement that some of the hallmarks of the PDP are its lack of internal democracy, propensity for autocracy and wilful imposition of candidates.

"On what basis was Soludo picked as the PDP candidate in Anambra? How can a party that cannot successfully conduct primaries in one of Nigeria's 36 states preside over the affairs of such a complex nation?" he asked.

"The PDP calls itself the biggest party in Africa, we call it the biggest rigging machinery in the whole wide world,'' AC said.

The AC warned that the people of Anambra State have vowed to defend their votes because they are convinced that Soludo is a product of illegitimacy, gangsterism and rigging which gives birth to anarchy and disaster.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=121009&ptitle=Fresh%20row%20over%20Soludo's%20choice%20by%20PDP,%20deadline%20miss
Re: Pdp Has No Candidate In Anamabra Elections! by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2009
@noblezone
i dont think pdp has been rigged out cuz its like there's a substituted candidate fielded for pdp already,so when pdp finally decide for soludo, then,he becomes their candidate, its just a diversionary strategy by pdp to divert the attentions of oppositions,
Re: Pdp Has No Candidate In Anamabra Elections! by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 12, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@noblezone
i dont think pdp has been rigged out cuz its like there's a substituted candidate fielded for pdp already,so when pdp finally decide for soludo, then,he becomes their candidate, its just a diversionary strategy by pdp to divert the attentions of oppositions,

I dont know if you read the article at all

First: I did noit say that the PDP has been rigged out, rather I said they have rigged themselves out.
Secondly: The article in question stated that the PDP submitted their selected/appointed/anointed candidate by 10.30pm thereby missed the 6.00pm deadline for that exercise.

So INEC accepting the form from them was inviolation of their won rule. We are sure that if it was AC or APGA that made such a blunder, Iwu would had appeared on NTA screaming murder. So the point is, CNPP is taking INEC and Iwu to court to challenge their decision to accept the PDP form after the deadline.

Our prayers is that the courts will hear the prayers of the CNPP and PDP will not contest.

Anambra is the water loo of the PDP. by the way, I think PDP means Poer to Destroy the People.

(1) (Reply)

The 7 Point Agenda. / Reps Speaker Dimeji Bankole Buys Aso Villa Plot For N345m / Mend Breaks Cease Fire Rule And Attacks Shell/chevron Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.