Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank (14980 Views)

Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Five Reasons Why Buildings Collapse In Africa - BBC (2) (3) (4)

Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by Kneyo(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2016
That's a million dollars info right there. Good one @op
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by Jamez122: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2016
You are write sir.
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by spyder880(m): 7:32am On Sep 21, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Oga stop lying ooo like Aunty Linda

Stop doubting, move in and buy a cheap land around you and fight to secure it with a building. My younger days were more organised because I always channel all my savings towards buildings.

Now some of the places I bought for cheap are in the center of the city.
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by gist4kidsblog: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2016

Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by flokii: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2016
Kneyo:
That's a million dollars info right there. Good one @op

you spoke my mind..

Nice one @op

Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by achieverme(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2016
beautiful232:
nice one

You may not be the most beauriful I've set eyes on in my life, but jeez! You are just cool. In actual fact, beautiful is an understatement while describing u!
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by wealthinfos(m): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2016
Lets help you BUY or SELL, LEASE your ideal property in Port Harcourt.
Contact;
07063249904; 08188573805. gideonele.com
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by beautiful232(f): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2016
achieverme:

You may not be the most beauriful I've set eyes on in my life, but jeez! You are just cool. In actual fact, beautiful is an understatement while describing u!

aww
thanks much dear
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by obidevine(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2016
This is very true. (Www.cordell-charlton.com) OP you have spoken like a wise sage.
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by achieverme(m): 8:21am On Sep 21, 2016
beautiful232:

aww
thanks much dear

Is there any chance in the whole wide world for us to get to meet for some tête a tête?
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by beautiful232(f): 8:28am On Sep 21, 2016
achieverme:

Is there any chance in the whole wide world for us to get to meet for some tête a tête?

Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by achieverme(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2016
beautiful232:

Can I send u PM?
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by beautiful232(f): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2016
achieverme:

Can I send u PM?

Aii
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by talktrue1(m): 9:20am On Sep 21, 2016
But you have to save to get the money required to buy the property
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by iykepromotions: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2016
Other main area to invest is ONLINE real estate. I.e buying and selling of domain names. What this means is that you simply buy a domain name at a cheap rate and resell it higher in a matter of time. In this case to buy a domain name cost just $8.99 USD and one can resell it any amount. I sold my first domain at the rate of N83,000 with an investment of N1,650. For FREE details about this unique investment simply do a Google search or visit this awareness thread;
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by talktrue1(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2016
achieverme:

Oga take am easy! She told you not to trust everything you see.
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 21, 2016
NixandaCEO:
FIVE REVEALING REASONS WHY INVESTING IN REAL ESTATE IS BETTER THAN SAVING IN THE BANK

- Written by Ayobayo Babade & Atilola Ajayi

Some feel that saving money in the bank is a good strategy to building wealth. Though it is very good to save, it is not a good wealth building strategy. The gains of real estate investment far outweighs that of saving in the bank for the following reasons.

1. Currency always diminish in value while real estate appreciates: The purchasing power of money continually diminishes. The things One million naira could buy five years ago are not the same things it can buy today as the prices of goods have gone up.

However, real estate always appreciates. If you buy a plot of land in a good location, take effective possession and perfect necessary documentation today, in five years time, you can sell it for double (or even triple) the price you bought it.

2. Return on savings is infinitesimal while returns on real estate investments are huge: When you save your money in the bank or do a fixed deposit, your returns on investment are usually single digit per annum.

Conversely, based on the rate of development in the area you purchase your landed property or building, the return on investment are often huge.

If you buy a house for example and let it out to tenants, between a decade to two, you will have recovered your investment and you will continue to make profit for the rest of your life.

3. Your money in the bank simply makes the banker richer while your money in real estate makes you richer: If you save money in the bank, the money will be used by bankers to give loans to customers and you will be paid an interest. The difference between the interest given by the customer who loans your money and the amount given to you is taken by the bank. Thus making the banker richer.

On the other hand, when you invest in real estate, the difference between the price you bought the property and the price you are selling it is taken completely by you. Thus making you richer.

4. Expenses always arise to deplete your savings but your property is always there appreciating in value: When you have money saved in the bank, no matter how disciplined you are, there will always be expenses that will arise to deplete the savings.

When you invest such funds into real estate, your cash is tied into an investment that will be appreciating in value no matter how lose you are with the remaining cash in your possession.

5. None of the rich ascribe their success in gathering wealth to saving but most of them have impressive property portfolios: Of all the wealthy individuals in the world, I do not know of anyone whose wealth strategy was saving in the bank.

However, a cursory look at the wealthiest individuals in the world, in Africa and even in Nigeria show that property investment is the preferred wealth building option.

Therefore, if you desire your money to appreciate with high return on investment which makes you richer and among the wealthy men in the world, consider investing in real estate.
op how can I start investing in real estate??
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by iykepromotions: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2016
iykepromotions:
Other main area to invest is ONLINE real estate. I.e buying and selling of domain names. What this means is that you simply buy a domain name at a cheap rate and resell it higher in a matter of time. In this case to buy a domain name cost just $8.99 USD and one can resell it any amount. I sold my first domain at the rate of N83,000 with an investment of N1,650. For FREE details about this unique investment simply do a Google search or visit this awareness thread;
www.nairaland.com/2540836/what-make-money-online
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 21, 2016
Op, thank you for sharing.
Please, for someone that wants to invest in real estate, what does it entail? What amount will be needed for the least investment? Any reputable investment advisors you can recommend??
Thank you.
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2016
Turks:
Some would rather invest in iPhone 5, 6 & 7. Things that would lose value come 12 months. The way youths of nowadays think amazes me.

Brotherly..
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by engrrichie92(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2016
spyder880:
You are right, in my own case I started buying properties from age 22. Now I can only say, thank God.

boss sent you a pm..we need to talk
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by achieverme(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2016
talktrue1:

Oga take am easy! She told you not to trust everything you see.

Wetin konshan yuu?
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by achieverme(m): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2016
beautiful232:

Aii

Thanks lady
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2016

Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by hotmas911(m): 10:07am On Sep 21, 2016
Be part of Agricultural real estate. www.farmlandnigeria.com
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by John902(m): 10:10am On Sep 21, 2016
Even MMM self dem don't stop am
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by Originalsly: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2016
Generally true.... but key factor is location. Real estate in a city is always profitable. Outside of a city....it depends. Profitable if the area is developing....more people building homes... stores... big businesses moving into the area.... is a transportation hub. Not profitable if big businesses are pulling out of the area... people are migrating... population decreasing... jobs drying up... violence and drug use increasing ....recently discovered the area is a flood zone.... was a toxic dump site and the reason that residents suffered from I'll health for yearsss. Location is key.
Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by NixandaCEO(m): 10:27am On Sep 21, 2016
Originalsly:
Generally true.... but key factor is location. Real estate in a city is always profitable. Outside of a city....it depends. Profitable if the area is developing....more people building homes... stores... big businesses moving into the area.... is a transportation hub. Not profitable if big businesses are pulling out of the area... people are migrating... population decreasing... jobs drying up... violence and drug use increasing ....recently discovered the area is a flood zone.... was a toxic dump site and the reason that residents suffered from I'll health for yearsss. Location is key.

Yes location is very important when investing in real estate. We guide all our clients accordingly and give them the best investment locations without a doubt.

Re: Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank by johnca(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
conceived out of the urgent need to provide a suitable and conducive site for home seekers and investors alike. People who are highly discerning with a sense of quality consciouness and a shrewd business mindset. Welcome to OPEN HEAVEN ESTATE located within the fast developing Ibeju Lekki Axis.
LAND FEATURES
Land Size: 600 sqms
Deed of Agreement with Land Owners
Lagos State Approved Survey Plan
Good Road Network
Street Light
Central Sewage System
Central Water Treatment
close proximity to the main road
Good Return on Investment
NEIGHBORHOOD
The New International Airport
The New Pan Atlantic University
The New Sea Port
Several Upcoming Gated Estates
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND SITE INSPECTION, PLEASE CALL AGUBATA ON 08036374420,08173133773

Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Diamond Estate has a registered survey number OG/698/2008. @ N800K Per Plot / Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage