Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,436 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses (823 Views)

Boko Haram Changes Killing Tactics, Kills 18 Youths With Knives / Amaechi & Ooni Ogunwusi In Jigawa For A Turbaning Ceremony (Photos) / Boko Haram Kills 18 In Adamawa At A Funeral Party - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Confirdagency01(m): 1:37am On Sep 21, 2016
The Jigawa State Emergency Management Agency said flood had killed 18 persons and destroyed 6,637 houses in about 19 local government areas in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the Executive Secretary of SEMA, Alhaji Yusif Sani, said this while briefing newsmen on the activities of the agency on Tuesday in Dutse.

Sani said that the incidents occurred during the current rainy season.
He explained that the persons died in Gwaram, Dutse, Jahun, Gumel and Ringim local government areas of the state.

The executive secretary said that the flood destroyed 141 houses in Dutse; 419 in Jahun; 525 in Hadejia, 417 in Babura; 525 in Ringim; 822 in Gumel; 529 in Malammadori; and 126 in Birninkudu local government areas.
Accqording to him, the disaster also claimed 68 houses in Taura; 120 in Kazaure; 691 in Maigatari; 336 in Gagarawa; 67 in Buji; 96 in Kirikasamma; 101 in Garki; 856 in Kiyawa; 87 in Kafinhausa; 57 in Gwaram and 54 in Suletankarkar local government areas.
Sani added that some of victims died as a result of building collapse, adding that three persons also sustained injuries when some of the buildings crashed.
He said the state government had already intervened by providing cash assistance to be given to the victims in phases.
“The state has already started intervening in order to mitigate the suffering of the victims.
“We started with Jahun Local Government Area where we gave over N2.3m to the victims to buy foodstuffs.

“And this will continue until we reach all the victims in the state,” he said.

Source | http://www.prokotinz.com/2016/09/in-jigawa-state-flood-kills-18-destroys.html

Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by HtwoOw: 1:42am On Sep 21, 2016
16 years of improper planning, looting and embezzlement

That's the least we should expect

Rip to the dead
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Tolexander: 2:21am On Sep 21, 2016
HtwoOw:
16 years of improper planning, looting and embezzlement

That's the least we should expect

Rip to the dead
The last time I checked, PDP ruled Jigawa for just 8years since 1999. Who is responsible for the remaining over 9years civilian rule in the state?

2 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Destined2win: 2:35am On Sep 21, 2016
Unfortunately we can only expect more of this
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by HtwoOw: 3:10am On Sep 21, 2016
Tolexander:
The last time I checked, PDP ruled Jigawa for just 8years since 1999. Who is responsible for the remaining over 9years civilian rule in the state?
8+9=17

Thanks grin

[size=0pt]Lere Olayinka Fayose PDP calculation[/size]
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Tolexander: 5:06am On Sep 21, 2016
HtwoOw:
8+9=17

Thanks grin

[size=0pt]Lere Olayinka Fayose PDP calculation[/size]
so 8+9 is what?

1999-2016 is how many years?

Well, na zombie dey talk!
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by aminho(m): 5:20am On Sep 21, 2016
Tolexander:
so 8+9 is what?

oga app ruled for 4 years Saminu turaki decamped to pdp
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by pxDharniel(m): 5:28am On Sep 21, 2016
I have nothing to say to the government other than this quote: "Be proactive not reactive, for an apparently insignificant issue ignored today can spawn tomorrow's catastrophe."

To the victims of the dreadful floods, sorry for your terrible loss.
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Tolexander: 5:40am On Sep 21, 2016
aminho:
oga app ruled for 4 years Saminu turaki decamped to pdp
APP ruled for the first four years. APP changed its name to ANPP and ruled for another very close to 4years (Saminu Turaki made alliance with PDP in December 2006)

APC = ACN + ANPP + CPC
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Sealeddeal(m): 6:05am On Sep 21, 2016
The major cause of that flooding in Jigawa is lack of drainage path. There is virtually no gutter or canal in almost 90% of Jigawa towns and villages. And most of the houses in Jigawa are shanties constructed with mud and it can easily collapse when flooded.
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by aminho(m): 6:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Tolexander:
APP ruled for the first four years. APP changed its name to ANPP and ruled for another very close to 4years (Saminu Turaki made alliance with PDP in December 2006)

APC = ACN + ANPP + CPC
oga i new about the app name change cuz i was in the room when it happened my point is even if its for a minute pdp ruled before 2007
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Justiyke4u: 6:45am On Sep 21, 2016
Is a pity
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by HtwoOw: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
Tolexander:
so 8+9 is what?

If you were sensible, you'd see I was being satirical

Under my previous comment was a hidden sentence mocking Lere Olayinka Fayose's closest pal and his error on calculating Aisha Buhari's age

But then bad Belle kee yasef
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Ngozi123(f): 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Floods, famine, war, calls for secession and economic recession... What more can a country take? Only God can save Nigerians undecided.

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Tolexander: 5:14am On Sep 23, 2016
HtwoOw:

If you were sensible, you'd see I was being satirical

Under my previous comment was a hidden sentence mocking Lere Olayinka Fayose's closest pal and his error on calculating Aisha Buhari's age

But then bad Belle kee yasef
What meaningful and sensible satire can be expected and posted by a dumb fellow!

Swerve jare!
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by HtwoOw: 6:35am On Sep 23, 2016
Tolexander:
What meaningful and sensible satire can be expected and posted by a dumb fellow!

Swerve jare!

Dabullit told me about you, I guess he is right, if you are too stewpyd to understand my comments and any jokes therein, don't quote me, I don't take trash from egoats, that said for your own sake don't let me devote my time and resources into frustrating you even more

If it's any help search the meaning and application of satire in sentences Ode oshi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by Tolexander: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2016
HtwoOw:

Dabullit told me about you, I guess he is right, if you are too stewpyd to understand my comments and any jokes therein, don't quote me, I don't take trash from egoats, that said for your own sake don't let me devote my time and resources into frustrating you even more

If it's any help search the meaning and application of satire in sentences Ode oshi
talked about me?
oh, I think I'm becoming a celeb here cool

You can always bring on your time and devote it here on thrash, I will be right here waiting!

Acerebral being!
Re: In Jigawa, Flood Kills 18, Destroys 6,637 Houses by HtwoOw: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2016
Tolexander:
talked about me?
oh, I think I'm becoming a celeb here cool

You can always bring on your time and devote it here on thrash, I will be right here waiting!

Acerebral being!
undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Stupidity Of A President's counsel. / Ondo Apc Crisis Bola Ilori Is Selfishly Using Tinubu!!! / We Are Being Pushed To The Wall, The Imn-nigeria's Main Shia Muslim Group- Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.