Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? (1376 Views)

Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix / Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) / Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by gudnex22(m): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
By Ajufu Sammy

I just discovered that the highest selling phones in Nigeria today - Tecno & Infinix are owned by a Nigerian named Nnamdi Ezeigbo, the CEO of SLOT. Can you see what happens when we innovate and stop looking for government aid all the time? He was a computer repairman! He went to china and got a company to build the phone Tecno! He didnt go there and ask Chinese people to give him substandard, he went and built quality. He initially wasnt versed in Phone Sales, but to expand his business, he went to Lagos Business School to learn! He already has a masters degree in Information Technology added to a HND in Electrical Electronics and a BSC in Computer & Electronics Engineering. He, Nnamdi Ezeigbo is a young Nigerian and is making ways for himself.
This is the kind of person we should be inviting to speak in our schools and to forums of young people to share his experience rather than invest in useless ventures like Reality Shows, Pageants and needless Music Shows. Im not saying those are not good to discover talent, i'm saying it is over flogged! The man has and is still seeking knowledge, presently he is pursuing a programme in Harvard. I see young people today who aren't interested in learning to earn, they just want quick cash because "times are hard". That's why certain regions in Nigeria never progress.
Move around town and you see flashy cars which are mostly acquisitions by Yahoo-Yahoo boys, lazy, stupid and uttterly idiotic set of people who want to take shortcuts in life. And more people want to be like them- why? Because of the flashy cars and the dumb headed girls that follow them around! Fools!
I'm having mixed emotions of pleasant surprise and inner anger right now. Im amazed that Tecno - the once despised "chinko" phone is now a hotseller, competing against Samsung! Infinix too is now the new iphone! And they are conceptualized by a Nigerian! Not a 100% chinese product! I have been brooding over buying a new phone recently and what has been playing in my mind is the choice between Tecno & Infinix, never knowing that a fellow Nigerian owns it! Have you seen the way the phones are advertised on social media? Can you see the branding? Can you feel the functionality? Nigerian concept for Nigerians! I am angry on the other hand because the average young person especially from his ethnic group is loosing his creative stalk, the blood trait of industry and commerce. Even those who are still into trade dont embrace additional knowledge and new innovations to help build their empires. They dont look forward to see the global picture. They are content in getting all they CAN, CANNING all they get and sitting on the CAN! Just try and propose a branding campaign, training them on new methods or giving them a space on social media and see the response!
Thats why the region isnt moving forward. We need more Nnamdi Ezeigbos, not just to make the Eastern region proud but to position our industries, return to our trading ways; invest in structure, branding, creating institutions and launch out. Now where do we start?

http://blueprintafric.com/opinion/tecno_infinix_the_sagacity_of_a_nigerian_named_nnamdi.html#

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by Yobo34(m): 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
gudnex22:
By Ajufu Sammy

I just discovered that the highest selling phones in Nigeria today - Tecno & Infinix are owned by a Nigerian named Nnamdi Ezeigbo, the CEO of SLOT. Can you see what happens when we innovate and stop looking for government aid all the time? He was a computer repairman! He went to china and got a company to build the phone Tecno! He didnt go there and ask Chinese people to give him substandard, he went and built quality. He initially wasnt versed in Phone Sales, but to expand his business, he went to Lagos Business School to learn! He already has a masters degree in Information Technology added to a HND in Electrical Electronics and a BSC in Computer & Electronics Engineering. He, Nnamdi Ezeigbo is a young Nigerian and is making ways for himself.
This is the kind of person we should be inviting to speak in our schools and to forums of young people to share his experience rather than invest in useless ventures like Reality Shows, Pageants and needless Music Shows. Im not saying those are not good to discover talent, i'm saying it is over flogged! The man has and is still seeking knowledge, presently he is pursuing a programme in Harvard. I see young people today who aren't interested in learning to earn, they just want quick cash because "times are hard". That's why certain regions in Nigeria never progress.
Move around town and you see flashy cars which are mostly acquisitions by Yahoo-Yahoo boys, lazy, stupid and uttterly idiotic set of people who want to take shortcuts in life. And more people want to be like them- why? Because of the flashy cars and the dumb headed girls that follow them around! Fools!
I'm having mixed emotions of pleasant surprise and inner anger right now. Im amazed that Tecno - the once despised "chinko" phone is now a hotseller, competing against Samsung! Infinix too is now the new iphone! And they are conceptualized by a Nigerian! Not a 100% chinese product! I have been brooding over buying a new phone recently and what has been playing in my mind is the choice between Tecno & Infinix, never knowing that a fellow Nigerian owns it! Have you seen the way the phones are advertised on social media? Can you see the branding? Can you feel the functionality? Nigerian concept for Nigerians! I am angry on the other hand because the average young person especially from his ethnic group is loosing his creative stalk, the blood trait of industry and commerce. Even those who are still into trade dont embrace additional knowledge and new innovations to help build their empires. They dont look forward to see the global picture. They are content in getting all they CAN, CANNING all they get and sitting on the CAN! Just try and propose a branding campaign, training them on new methods or giving them a space on social media and see the response!
Thats why the region isnt moving forward. We need more Nnamdi Ezeigbos, not just to make the Eastern region proud but to position our industries, return to our trading ways; invest in structure, branding, creating institutions and launch out. Now where do we start?

http://blueprintafric.com/opinion/tecno_infinix_the_sagacity_of_a_nigerian_named_nnamdi.html#

No vex o.. How did he start, or where did he start from??
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by serenityaliyu(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by Whizpeter(m): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hmmmmmm...
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by iamskiigii(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
Man most times must move out of his comfort zone to make waves

1 Like

Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
I hope you have not smoked a new version of weed.
Anyway Nice one if it's true
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
dont forget to include itel, he must be a great bizness man launching several 'makers' is a kinda biz strategies...if u dont like tecno u ll like infinix or itel and vice versa while one person cashes out on all.

PS: yahoo yahoo boys are not lazy and stupid cuz yahoo is not an easy job, e no easy at all. Tho if they can channel the energy to legit hustle e for better
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by joseph214(m): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
If its owned by a Nigerian why did hot 3 LTE not come to Nigeria but it came to Kenya. Why does his name not show when I search for the owner of infinix or tecno. Total lies.
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
I dunno whether some people are born stupid or blatantly choose to be stupid...
Sir Nnamdi Ezeigo is the CEO of Slot Nig. Ltd.. He has no affiliation with these brands..

1 Like

Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by encryptjay(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
Kikikiki That grade of weed you're on @ OP
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by giftedben: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
joseph214:
If its owned by a Nigerian why did hot 3 LTE not come to Nigeria but it came to Kenya. Why does his name not show when I search for the owner of infinix or tecno. Total lies.

He is not telling lies. Tecno brand is owned by a Nigerian.
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by joseph214(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2016
giftedben:

He is not telling lies. Tecno brand is owned by a Nigerian.
I can't believe d one of infinix.
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by Elxandre(m): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2016
likely a lie.
Re: Tecno, And Inffinix Own By A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
Benjamin Jiang is the CEo of Infinix Mobility.. as for Tecno and Itel i do not know

(1) (Reply)

What Samsung Phone Can I Get At The Price Range Of 75k Please Advice / Samsung S5 4g Issues / How To Disable Tecno Widgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.