Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. (1019 Views)

Ritualist Den Discovered At Ile Zik, Lagos, Suspect Nabbed With An Iphone. Photo / Man Caught With Roasted Human Parts In Ogun State (Photos) / Young Thieves Nabbed With Cut To Size Gun During Operation In Ogun State.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by Ofemannnu: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
Police in Abia have arrested a 28-year-old man, who claimed to be a native doctor, for allegedly being in possession of some human parts.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Leye Oyebade, told newsmen in Umuahia on Tuesday that the suspect was arrested for “unlawful possession” of a human skull and bone.

Oyebade said that the suspect was arrested in his home in Olokoro, in Umuahia South Local Government Area of the state, following a tip-off from members of the public.

He said that the man could not give cogent account of how he acquired the items, when he was interrogated by the police.

Oyebade alleged that the skull and bone were suspected to be those of a murdered victim.

The suspect, however, denied the allegation, saying that the items were handed over to him by his late uncle, who was also a native doctor.

“It was my people that reported me to the police because I use the skull and bone to perform magic.

“Anytime I touch somebody, his manhood will disappear once I have the items on me,” he said.

The suspect, who also claimed to be a mason, said that the police “succeeded in arresting me because the charm travelled when they raided my house”.

He described his arrest by the police as “unlawful” and demanded that he should be released and allowed “to go home in peace”.

According to him, there is no law that allows the police to arrest native doctors.

The police boss also said that another suspect was arrested during a raid of Cemetery Market in Aba for producing fake gin and other drinks.

He said that man was arrested in his factory at the market, while producing the fake products.

He said that 24 bottles of St. Remy, five cartons of Schnapps, empty schnapps raps, and two bottles of 501 hot drinks were recovered from the factory during the raid.

The suspect, however, denied the allegation by the police that he was into the production of fake gin and other drinks.

He told newsmen that he neither owned a shop nor factory in the market.

“I only came there to buy perfume because that is where you can get original perfumes at affordable price, unknown to me that the police were raiding the market.

“While I was walking along the Business Line unsuspectingly, a policeman ordered me to enter a shop where ladies’ hair attachments were sold, saying that I was under arrest,” he said.

He denied ownership of the items allegedly recovered from him, saying that he knew nothing about them.

The suspect said that he was arrested on Saturday and later taken to Umuahia in handcuffs, describing his arrest and detention as “great injustice”.

Oyebade said that the suspects would be charged to court at the end of investigation. (NAN)

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/21/28-year-old-witch-doctor-nabbed-human-parts-says-police-arrested-charm-travelled/
Re: 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
Uumm...

Well, Halloween is around the corner.. I hope I can read more scary threads...
Re: 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by Ofemannnu: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
The Yoruba press will magnify any evil deed in their region but not so Igboland by their press because it is somewhat like a way of life there,I mean rituals,money rituals and cannibalism.The Ojukwus have exported rirualism to the South West especially Ogun state because of its proximity to Lagos.Have you ever wondered what the numerous baby factories of the Igbos are used for?It is for easy delivery of body parts etc for their money rituals,cannibalism etc.There is a place at Alafia bus stop going to Coker where we play football,it is fenced and may God forgive me,I think a factory baby thing is going on there but we usually see G U Okeke vehicles there.Ritualism is attaining another level recently.May God help us.Iseee.
Re: 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by Gabaleve(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
why police decide arrest the second guy for nothing na ,even Mr Oyebade suppose know say I'm boys Dan lose guard
Re: 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by jcross19: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ofemannnu:
The Yoruba press will magnify any evil deed in their region but not so Igboland by their press because it is somewhat like a way of life there,I mean rituals,money rituals and cannibalism.The Ojukwus have exported rirualism to the South West especially Ogun state because of its proximity to Lagos.Have you ever wondered what the numerous baby factories of the Igbos are used for?It is for easy delivery of body parts etc for their money rituals,cannibalism etc.There is a place at Alafia bus stop going to Coker where we play football,it is fenced and may God forgive me,I think a factory baby thing is going on there but we usually see G U Okeke vehicles there.Ritualism is attaining another level recently.May God help us.Iseee.
is it because 4 ritualists were caught in ogun state that's why you went to frame up this lies? Now the other reports about those 4 men we all saw their pictures and the exhibits that carried now can you show us the criminal with the pics and the human part!!!!! Or mod should ban you for false information.
Re: 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by Ofemannnu: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
More Options

Search CSI:

Latest Issue
The January/February 2016 Skeptical Inquirer

Archive
Past Skeptical Inquirer articles now available online

Skeptical Briefs
Selected articles from CSI's quarterly newsletter

Special Articles
CSI's web-only exclusives

Guide for Authors
A guide to submitting content for Skeptical Inquirer

News & Announcements
Skeptical Inquirer Is Now Available Digitally
February 18, 2016

Skeptical Inquirer is now available digitally on Apple Newsstand and on all other major platforms through the Pocketmags app.
Deniers are not Skeptics
December 5, 2014

Public discussion of scientific topics such as global warming is confused by misuse of the term “skeptic.”
Skeptic Authors Steven Salzberg and Joe Nickell to Receive Balles Prize in Critical Thinking
June 14, 2013

Forbes columnist Steven Salzberg and author-investigator Joe Nickell will each be awarded the 2012 Robert P. Balles Prize in Critical Thinking, to be presented by the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry at the CFI Summit in October.
Ritual Killing and Pseudoscience in Nigeria

Leo Igwe
Skeptical Briefs Volume 14.2, June 2004
The murder in London of a Nigerian boy, simply named Adam by the British Police, might have brought to international focus and attention one of the most dreadful and horrifying practices in Nigeria - ritual killing.

In September 2001, the mutilated body of “Boy Adam” was found by the British Police floating in the River Thames, near Tower Bridge in London. A top police source suspected that Adam might have been a victim of a style of ritual killing practiced in west and southern Africa. And forensic examination revealed that Adam lived in southwestern Nigeria.

So, early this year, British detectives arrived in Nigeria in search of Adam’s killers. Both the former president of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, and Nigerian soccer player Nwankwo Kanu, made passionate appeals for clues and information leading to the arrest of Adam’s killers.

In July, Police arrested a 37-year-old Nigerian, Sam Onogigovie (in Dublin), and twenty-one other Nigerians in Britain in connection with the murder of Adam. Generally, ritual killing is a common practice in Nigeria. Every year, hundreds of Nigerians lose their lives to ritual murderers, also known as headhunters.

These head hunters go in search of human parts-head, breast, tongue, sexual organs-at the behest of witchdoctors, juju priests, and traditional medicine men who require them for some sacrifices or for the preparation of assorted magical potions.

Recently, there have been several reported cases of individuals who were kidnapped, killed, or had their bodies mutilated by ritualists in Nigeria. The most notorious of them is the one associated with one Chief Vincent Duru, popularly known as Otokoto.

It happened this way: In 1996, the police in the southern Nigerian city of Owerri arrested a man, Innocent Ekeanyanwu, with the head of a young boy, Ikechukwu Okonkwo. In the course of the investigation, the police discovered the buried torso of Ikechukwu on the premises of Otokoto Hotel, owned by Chief Duru, and uncovered a syndicate that specialized in ritual killing and the sale and procurement of human parts. The horrifying discoveries sparked off violent protests in the city of Owerri which led to the burning and looting of properties belonging to suspected killers. Otokoto and his ritualist syndicate were arrested and put on trial, and in February 2003, they were sentenced to death by hanging.

Apart from the Otokoto incident, there have been other instances of ritual murder and mutilation in other parts of the country. For instance, in Calabar, two men plucked out the eyes of a young lady, Adlyne Eze, for money-making ritual. And in Ifo, Ogun state, a businessman inflicted the same harm....

http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/ritual_killing_and_pseudoscience_in_nigeria
Re: 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by Ofemannnu: 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
That story was from a blog which could have been framed up lies but this one is from a real newspaper DAILYPOST.Maybe they framed the lies but Igbos are known to be ritualists,money rituals are the pastime of Igbo folks until they exported their stock in trade to the South West especially Ogun state most times using gullible yoruba illiterates who carry out their nefarious axtivities because they know the nooks and crannies of the communities.As far as 2004,Igbos were deeply imbedded in the ritual killings thing e.g OTOKOTO but they have brought this evil to the South West.December is coming.Igbos are going home.Keep your children safe.May God continue to catch them one by one.Iseee.

jcross19:
is it because 4 ritualists were caught in ogun state that's why you went to frame up this lies? Now the other reports about those 4 men we all saw their pictures and the exhibits that carried now can you show us the criminal with the pics and the human part!!!!! Or mod should ban you for false information.
lipsrsealed
Re: 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State. by mercyville: 11:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
hmmmm Frontpage so it can deter others from this devilish act.
Where is lalasticlala,mynd44 and seun sef.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Solution To GTB *737# Card Theft / Robbers Kill Bank Agents, Collect Two POS, Withdraw N2m For Em Account / I Have Developed Feelings For Her Since I Helped Her Recover Her Stolen Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.