Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) (1034 Views)

South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? / 8 Nigerian Wives Who Are Stronger Than Their Husbands (Pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Twaci(f): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2016
Just as the topic suggests.

Nairalanders I would really love your opinion on this controversial topic that has put tension on mother-son relationships and husband-wife relationships.

Who is that one person that really owns a man; his wife or his mother?

Who is that one person he is to stand by regardless of any circumstance?

Who comes first in both?

CC:
RoyalRoy
Lalasticlala
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nobody owns a man. He belongs to God(even that is opened to the man).

But talking about who has more influence, depends on the man and what level either of the two played an inextricable role in his life.
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by JeffreyJames(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nobody owns anybody, but the wife and husband are one flesh. (Na wetin Bible talk)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Twaci(f): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
Vorpal:
Nobody owns a man. He belongs to God(even that is opened to the man).

But talking about who has more influence, depends on the man and what level either of the two played an inextricable role in his life.
So say they have sacrificed same?
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Laveda(f): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
Really, nobody.

But here I think its the wife, reason we should always pray for our sons and brothers to marry a good woman so they don't throw the family away once they get into marriage. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
Twaci:
his wife.the woman holds the key to a man's heart.

1 Like

Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by naijaboiy: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
The mother and the wife are both important to the man.

A man is supposed to accord both their respect. None actually owns his heart, a man should be able to ensure that there's no conflict between them and in the case of one he should try not to be bias or partial to the matter at hand.

But these days it's not really the case though undecided
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
miss twaci good evening, how are you you doing tonight? if fine glory be to God. I know dis a wrong place and I dont want to derail. pls I need to discuss something personal with you. I wish we can use any other avenue
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Twaci:
I doubt that, but let's assume its possible.

You see a man should know with a very good amount of discretion where he places both of them in his life and that the two paths cannot cross each other concerning influence over his life.
His mum and wife should never have to compete for whatever in his life. That is absolutely intolerable and a good mother will not have it deteriorate to that level nor the wife too.

On all fronts , his mum should be like an invisible spiritual,moral and ethical guide to her son, but should leave him saddled with taking decisions concerning his life where the wife may not be sufficient to exert such influence.
The wife should be who is always visible at all times, and by his side.

The mum should only be a last recourse when the wife feels she needs an extra hand in the matter only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by kwencypresh(f): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ideally, a wife should have more influence on her husband than his mother but sometimes shii happens
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Ugosample(m): 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Just negodu how women complicate their lives now... Why can't every one just co exist in peace?

1 Like

Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by ashewoboy(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
Laveda:
Really, nobody.

But here I think its the wife, reason we should always pray for our sons and brothers to marry a good woman so they don't throw the family away once they get into marriage. sad

is laveda a good wife? Appraise yourself.
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2016
LOL Must there be only one way to the mans heart and must both mum and wife share the same compartment?
Is the heart that small?
Children nko?
Besides only God truly has the mans heart.

Every relationship has a different love
The love I have for my dad is different from the love I have for my husband, is different from the love I have for my kids.

Everyone should face their "wares" and leave market noise.

Its when wife and mother start fighting for position that they eventually break the mans heart pata pata and they say the poor man slumped.

1 Like

Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by jmoore(m): 8:19am On Sep 22, 2016
Only God holds the key to a man's heart.

Who is that one person he is to stand by regardless of any circumstance?
The husband and wife are one.

Who comes first in both?

This is not a competition. undecided
Re: Mothers -VS- Wives (Who Really Holds The Key To A Man's Heart?) by accountbalance: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2016
Mother.

(1) (Reply)

Dantata Family In Dubai / 7 Types Of Men, Women Shouldn't Marry. / Church Has Unconventional Rules For Sex And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.